Which minor houses do you want to see more of?

Aurane

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 5:46 PM, Adam Targaryen said:

House Velaryon. It's crazy that they're barely in the story and noone ever talks about them even though they are one of like three Valyrian houses in existence and were once dragonriders!!

they weren't dragon lords their power lays in ships, but they did marry in the Targaryens family many times.

• 3 weeks later...

For me, House Mallister.  They occupy an interesting position between the Freys and the Ironborn, and although of Andal ancestry, almost seem more Northern.  

Others I'd like to see more of are House Dondarrion and House Dayne.  In the North, House Cerwyn - how old are they?  And in the Vale, House Melcolm.  Like the arms, and why is Old Anchor pretty much the only stronghold shown on the known map of Westeros whose family has yet to make an appearance in any of the books?   Are they lesser lords?  Once great lords who have had lands taken away?  Are they just notoriously reclusive/peaceful?  

On 2/16/2019 at 5:46 PM, Adam Targaryen said:

House Velaryon. It's crazy that they're barely in the story and noone ever talks about them even though they are one of like three Valyrian houses in existence and were once dragonriders!!

The Velaryons?  They were not among the ruling families of the Freehold.  They were vassals to the Targaryens.  The Targaryens were members of the ruling class in Valyria.

Houses Reed and Dayne for sure. I think they and the Hightowers still have their roles to play so I'm looking forward to that. Other houses I'd like to know more of, but not necessarily in the main story, are Corbray, Royce, and Blackwood (although with the events in the Vale we may find out more about the first two).

Uller/Hellholt. They killed Rhaeynys and I wonder if they have a big old dragon skeleton somewhere? Plus they live in the middle of the desert.  That's pretty cool.

House Peake. They have a few kin in exile with the GC. I wonder how the remaining Peakes get on with that? 

House Tallhart/Dagmer. I'm interested in how things are going over there. They've been occupied for some time now and things must be looking increasingly grim for both the hosts and the attackers.

Blackwood and Reed are a given. And yeah the Daynes of Starfall for all the reasons stated in the op. 

On 3/10/2019 at 12:18 AM, Quoth the raven, said:

The Velaryons?  They were not among the ruling families of the Freehold.  They were vassals to the Targaryens.  The Targaryens were members of the ruling class in Valyria.

Reanyra's maybe Velaryon sons all rode dragons. So did Adam, brother of Alyn Oakenfist,( who was most likely the Seasnakes bastard) all died during the Dance. There might have been a couple before them, I forget off the top of my head 

Dragon riders, not Dragonlords.

5 hours ago, Back door hodor said:

Reanyra's maybe Velaryon sons all rode dragons. So did Adam, brother of Alyn Oakenfist,( who was most likely the Seasnakes bastard) all died during the Dance. There might have been a couple before them, I forget off the top of my head 

Dragon riders, not Dragonlords.

Laena And Laenor we’re both dragonriders too. With Laena riding Balerion and Laenor riding..,Seasmoke I Think?

On 3/10/2019 at 6:18 AM, Quoth the raven, said:

Yes, I know that. I just said that they are Valyrians and were dragonriders, which is correct in at least some members of their family when they married with the Targaryens.

On 2/13/2019 at 10:50 AM, Aurane said:

Personally, I'd like to see more of house Dondarrion, Blackwood, Dayne, Whent, and Reed.

Not a minor house member, but a minor character in the houses: I'd love to see more Willas. Willas seems like a genuinely great guy. He loves to read, is diplomatic, seems competent as a battle commander, keeps in contact with Oberyn despite Oberyn injuring him and the Tyrells' racism towards the Dornish. 

This will never happen, but I would love to see him, Sam, and Gilly team up. That would be amazing. 

5 hours ago, TheThreeEyedCow said:

I'm about 3/4 of the way through! I'm not sure if I've missed that entirely or if I'm yet to read that part. Even so, I'd like to see the weird desert 

Gyldayn brings that up when discussing the Fourth Dornish War in the Long Reign section.

Archived