MIA - but not Killed on Page

Legitimate_Bastard

I am trying to compile a list of characters who are missing but have not died on page.

The purpose : to determine whether or not they are likely to appear again in TWOW or ADOS.

Off the top of my head these are who I have so far:

Nights Watch/ North of Wall: Dywen, Stonesnake, Benjen Stark, Alliser Thorne, Kedge Whiteeye, Weeper, Ser Arnell, Pyp, Grenn, Desmond Grell, Robin Ryger

North: Rickon, Shaggydog ,Osha, Old Nan, Beth Cassell, Galbart Glover, Maege Mormont, Hal Mollen, Jacks, Salladhor Saan

Riverlands: Blackfish, Olyvar Frey, Mad Hunstman, Anguy, Edric Dayne, Greenbeard, Brienne, Jaime, Weasel, Sandor Clegane

Vale: Willis Wode, Marillion

Iron Islands:

KL/Crownlands: Tyrek Lannister, Varys, Mandon Moore, Lewys the Fishwife, Omer Blackberry, Triston of Tally Hill, Tallad the Tall, Jalabhar Xho, Mark Mullendore, Hugh Clifton, the Blue Bard, Bayard Norcross, New Lord Sunglass, Loras Tyrell, Syrio Forel, Shagga and his Vale Mountain Clansmen and women, Aurane Waters

Westerlands: Gerrion Lannister, Raynald Westerling, Tysha, Harwyn Plumm

Reach: Parmen Crane, {Urswyck, Three Toes, Zollo}

Stormlands: Richard Lonmouth, Edric Storm Rolland Storm, Andrew Estermont, Gerald Gower

Dorne: Gerold Dayne (Darkstar), Ashara Dayne

Essos: Rhaego (not sure here)

I know there are more, please let me know.

If anyone I have shouldn't be there - let me know.

I will edit this list as needed.

Thanks!

Updated.

Updated. Now going by last known location. 

Please still let me know if anything looks fishy.

Rhaego (no body. no one saw his death. thus there's no prove of him being dead)

Ashara Dayne (same thing here - no body)

Shiera Seastar (we know what happened with Bittersteel, Daemon and Daeron, and it is known, that Bloodraven is alive, but what happened with Shiera, is not known. So it is possible, that even though she is not officially amongst known characters of ASOIAF, it is likely, that she is still alive (thanks to her being bloodmagic-user). She could be Quaithe)

Mandon Moore (he may be alive. just because he went under water doesn't mean, that he died. Tyrion has lost consciousness, and Podrick was too busy after that, taking care of wounded and unconscious Tyrion, to pay attention, whether Mandon has swimmed out or not. So I wouldn't be surprised, if later he will appear again, amongst Varys' people, that are supporting fAegon (because it seems, that Mandon was/still is working for Varys/Blackfyres, same as Balon Swann).)

8 minutes ago, Igziabeher said:

wait, people actually think Rhaego could possibly still be alive?

Yes.

It is possible, that he didn't died, that Mirri Maz Duur has lied to Dany about her baby's death, and so his kidnapping could be the treason for blood - kidnapped by his Dothraki relatives, and taken into Vaes Dothrak, where he is raised to become the Stallion that mounts the world.

I don't know what you consider MIA since some of the characters you mentioned like Osha and Rickon, we technically know where they are. Same as we know that the women taken from Winterfell should be at the Dreadfort, though we don't know what state they're in.

• Galbart Glover and Maege Mormont
  • Tyrion's mountain clansmen. Some returned home and others are in the kingswood
  • Jaime / Brienne (vanishes in the riverlands)
  • Cotter Pyke (technically not MIA, but we know the mission at Hardhome has gone to hell)
  • Kedge Whiteye, Dywen, Alliser Thorne and three other rangers (sent beyond the Wall. We don't know if they will return)
  • Weeping Man
  • Ser Arnell (a Fossoway on his mother's side) was sent by Jeor Mormont to the Reach to meet Renly about the wights. 
  • The mutineers at Craster's. We know Coldhands did away with Ollo Lophand and 4 others IIRC, plus all the men who were there. We don't know if they escaped or were killed by the mutineers or joined in.
  • Pyp and Grenn. We don't know if they remained at Eastwatch or if they are part of the mission at Hardhome
  • Loras Tyrell on Dragonstone and Roland Storm who was the castellan
  • Edric Storm, Andrew Estermont, Lewys the Fishwife, Gerald Gower, Omer Blackberry, Triston of Tally Hill
  • The men Cersei had imprisoned; Tallad the Tall, Jalabhar Xho, Mark Mullendore, Hugh Clifton, the Blue Bard, Bayard Norcross, the Woodright brothers and a couple more. We technically know where they are, but considering how the Blue Bard was tortured . . .
  • Harwyn Plumm who is chasing after the outlaws
  • Desmond Grell and Robin Ryger who were sailing for the Wall
  • Edric Dayne and Anguy. Green Beard and the Mad Huntsman were sent to the Reach to buy food and we don't know if they made it or made it back
  • Harrion Karstak, last whereabouts were that he was at prisoner at Maidenpool
  • Some of the members of the Bloody Mummers that were headed for Oldtown with Urswyck, Three Toes and Zollo, there was nothing on on them
  • The new Lord Sunglass who fled to Volantis after his brother was burned by Melisandre
  • Hallis Mollen and Jacks who were tasked to bring Ned's bones back to Winterfell

• Salladhor Saan - The North
  • Aurane Waters - King's landing
  • Aenys Frey - Winterfell
  • Rhaegar Frey- White Harbour

• Jared Frey - White Harbour
  • Symond Frey - White Harbour
  • The Hooded man - Winterfell
  • Beric Dondarrion - The Riverlands
  • Arthur Dayne, and a lot of other people during Robert's rebellion
  • Stannis Baratheon - Crofter's Village
  • Asha Greyjoy - Crofter's Village
  • Theon Greyjoy - Crofter's Village

2 hours ago, Legitimate_Bastard said:

I am trying to compile a list of characters who are missing but have not died on page.

The purpose : to determine whether or not they are likely to appear again in TWOW or ADOS.

Off the top of my head these are who I have so far:

Nights Watch/ North of Wall: Dywen, Stonesnake, Benjen Stark, Alliser Thorne, Weasel (?), Kedge Whiteeye, Weeper, Ser Arnell, Pyp, Grenn, Desmond Grell, Robin Ryger

North: Rickon, Shaggydog ,Osha, Old Nan, Beth Cassell, Galbart Glover, Maege Mormont, Hal Mollen, Jacks

Riverlands: Blackfish, Olyvar Frey, Mad Hunstman, Anguy, Edric Dayne, Greenbeard, Brienne, Jaime

Vale:

Iron Islands:

KL/Crownlands: Tyrek Lannister, Varys, Mandon Moore, Lewys the Fishwife, Omer Blackberry, Triston of Tally Hill, Tallad the Tall, Jalabhar Xho, Mark Mullendore, Hugh Clifton, the Blue Bard, Bayard Norcross, New Lord Sunglass, Loras Tyrell

Westerlands: Gerrion Lannister, Raynald Westerling, Tysha, Harwyn Plumm

Reach: Parmen Crane, {Urswyck, Three Toes, Zollo}

Stormlands: Richard Lonmouth, Edric Storm Rolland Storm, Andrew Estermont, Gerald Gower

Dorne: Gerold Dayne (Darkstar), Ashara Dayne

Essos: Rhaego (not sure here)

I know there are more, please let me know.

If anyone I have shouldn't be there - let me know.

I will edit this list as needed.

Thanks!

Updated. Wasn't sure where to put some chars, feel free to re-direct me.

Some of the people mentioned are accounted for like.

Ser Parmen Crane: Ser Loras takes him hostage and is currently holding him at Highgarden. 

Edric Storm and Ser Andrew Estermont: are both in Lys in hiding. 

31 minutes ago, Watcher_inthe_Woods said:

Just to clarify....you're asking for characters that have been introduced to us readers as living starting with the Prologue in Game?

Pod and Ser Hyle, last seen in the Riverlands

Yes.

Well, there are characters that could be alive that were introduced in other books. 

i.e. Shiera Seastar - mentioned in The Sworn Sword

30 minutes ago, Legitimate_Bastard said:

Shiera Seastar - mentioned in The Sworn Sword

and in ADWD by Barristan -> "Bittersteel and Bloodraven both loved Shiera Seastar, and the Seven Kingdoms bled.", and possibly by Bloodraven himself.

In AFFC maester Aemon has mentioned Bloodraven, that the two of them went to NW together, and in the next book Bloodraven became a new character. So could be, that in next book after ADWD (in which Shiera was mentioned by Barristan and Bloodraven), she will also appear as a character, as "officially introduced character" and not as shadowbinder Quaithe.

37 minutes ago, Megorova said:

and in ADWD by Barristan -> "Bittersteel and Bloodraven both loved Shiera Seastar, and the Seven Kingdoms bled.", and possibly by Bloodraven himself.

In AFFC maester Aemon has mentioned Bloodraven, that the two of them went to NW together, and in the next book Bloodraven became a new character. So could be, that in next book after ADWD (in which Shiera was mentioned by Barristan and Bloodraven), she will also appear as a character, as "officially introduced character" and not as shadowbinder Quaithe.

That would be awesome. Didn't GRRM say something about no more new characters being introduced? I guess she wouldn't be technically new. He may have meant POV's I don't remember.

Technically Shiera is not a new character. But it's unlikely, that GRRM will ever give her a POV. If she is alive, then, besides Bloodraven, she is one of the oldest characters in ASOIAF, and most likely, she was at Summerhall, when it burned, and she was active participant of important events, all those years, that Bloodraven was in NW and beyond the Wall. So she knows too much.

There could be a new character introduced, just to off him/her in the Prologue.

5 hours ago, Legitimate_Bastard said:

Nights Watch/ North of Wall: Dywen, Stonesnake, Benjen Stark, Alliser Thorne, Weasel (?), Kedge Whiteeye, Weeper, Ser Arnell, Pyp, Grenn, Desmond Grell, Robin Ryger

Updated. Wasn't sure where to put some chars, feel free to re-direct me.

Weasel is missing in Riverlands. Remember that little girl from ACOK that wouldnt stop crying?

KL/Crownlands: Tyrek Lannister,

Tyrek aint missing. If you noticed, these Lannisters love renaming themselves as if they were bastards out of Lannisport, apparently young Tyrek thought his bastard name should have a double e.

The mans in Kansas City, but if you go to Kansas you wont find him, but ask around and theyll know. Just ask for the 1500 yard 12 TD bastard, they'll know. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DuDwlF_hgFjI&ved=2ahUKEwi67vrUqrzgAhWFd98KHXfQC4UQwqsBMAB6BAgEEAU&usg=AOvVaw1gpwtF4mX8w2KD04G-pn96

am trying to compile a list of characters who are missing but have not died on page.

An awful lot of these aren't really missing.  We may not know their precise whereabouts, but have no reason to think they are dead or even that they won't appear in subsequent books.  In many cases, they are simply not important enough to keep close track of, and don't have a POV in the immediate vicinity.  For example, many of the Night's Watch men are simply on rangings or at other castles.  Bemjen Stark and Stonesnake are the only names there I would really consider missing.

Jaime and Brienne may be technically missing, but the likelihood of their not appearing in the next book is essentially nil.

By the way, I would list Syrio Forel in KL.  Not that I actually believe he's alive, but he did die offstage.  Certainly more likely than Mandon Moore, who had armor on in a deep river.

Archived