Platypus Rex

Poll: Is Quentyn, Called 'Frog', Still Alive?

22 hours ago, Platypus Rex said:

Also, Preston Jacobs did a youtube video on his version of the theory in 2015.

Of course he did! 

Quentyn is as alive as Rhaego, Arthur Dayne, and Rhaegar. 

So, I vote no. 

He ded.

These recent polls have made me think about how popular these 'crackpot' theories really are. Not many get a lot of support, but the ones answering them are just a small slice of the fandom that are still sticking around. I still don't know what that says about the popularity of tinfoil, but I really didn't expect some of these to be so one-sided.

1 for to 27 against so far.

This may turn out to be the most unpopular theory I've polled yet, if only because people love making barbecued frog jokes.   But I recall three "Quentyn is Alive" supporters in the "What's Your Head Canon?" thread.

I love the barbecued frog jokes.  But for the record, I'm in the "Quentyn lives" camp (such as it is).  But as usual, I will not count my own vote. 

Thank for all votes submitted so far.

Edited by Platypus Rex

I think he still alive that Preston describe what happen perfectly. That he is baldly burn but have control of Dragon. Long Live Quentyn Martell.

22 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

Impossible to say if he is alive or dead, but the body that Selmy sees in the Great Pyramid afterward is most definitely not Quentyn. You cannot see your whip, hand, all of you on fire if your eyes are melting.

Who do you think it is?

He's dead. I would like Quentyn alive and riding a dragon but no signs... Rereading the chapter in ADWD he saw Regal in the last minute and then started screaming.

Dead, there's no reason for GRRM to keep him alive. 

OT: maybe we should make a new poll with the title 'Dead Starks or Martell's, which does George prefer more?'

Esta muerto.

His whip and hand caught fire. Consider the type of flame. Not just regular old "mom and pop" fire, but dragon flame, to which only the fires of the earth and the sun itself are considered hotter. 

Now, Quentyn's relative Dany did indeed survive Drogo's funeral pyre, but said fire wasn't dragon flame. "The Unburnt" surviving the fire has been addressed by GRRM, who said Valyrian blooded characters being completely fire proof was not a usual trait (as seen by both Aegon II and Alyn Oakenfist's dragon related wounds). Let's not forget about the "life for a life" blood magic being used during Drogo's pyre, as well as Dany's "chosen one" status, While Quentyn does have Targaryen DNA, there's nothing to indicate that he would be able to survive a blast of dragonflame from essentially point blank range.