Live-action remakes you’d like to see? Or live-action shows or movies you’d like to see made into cartoons

Varysblackfyre321

I'd be fine with Sword in the Stone, if they got the tone right and didn't try to make it an epic (as with Jungle Book, there's an opportunity to do an ending for it that doesn't feel quite so sudden).

Atlantis would be a good one, if only because a live-action movie would probably improve upon it and take a somewhat different tack (it's not that great). 

Another go at a Mario Bros movie could work really well - what screwed up the first shot at a live-action film was the weird "We're in love with Blade Runner and want to incorporate that somehow" thing with the directors (plus the production being a shit-show in general). 

2 hours ago, Winter Bass said:

I'd be fine with Sword in the Stone, if they got the tone right and didn't try to make it an epic (as with Jungle Book, there's an opportunity to do an ending for it that doesn't feel quite so sudden).

Atlantis would be a good one, if only because a live-action movie would probably improve upon it and take a somewhat different tack (it's not that great). 

Another go at a Mario Bros movie could work really well - what screwed up the first shot at a live-action film was the weird "We're in love with Blade Runner and want to incorporate that somehow" thing with the directors (plus the production being a shit-show in general). 

One of the youtubers I watch talked about live action Atlantis and suggested Raimi Malik as Milo and now I’m struggling to see anyone else!

I’m potentially excited for Mulan because it’s  a great animated film and I want it to be good. But it’s not a musical so will be lacking the greatest Disney song ever.

Hercules was my favourite growing up but I don’t want a live action remake.

Dumbo doesn’t look awful. Dare I even say it looks decent? Maybe that’s just must Eva Green fangirl showing off though

43 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I want a Live Action remake of the furry Robin Hood where the actors wear those fantastic costumes with the horrifying eyes.

They will absolutely do a CGI remake of Robin Hood if the remake trend doesn't fizzle out before then. Lion King is the test on that - if it makes giga-money, then all the rest with animal protagonists will be on order to be remade next. 101 Dalmations (again), Aristocats, etc. 

8 minutes ago, Winter Bass said:

They will absolutely do a CGI remake of Robin Hood if the remake trend doesn't fizzle out before then. Lion King is the test on that - if it makes giga-money, then all the rest with animal protagonists will be on order to be remade next. 101 Dalmations (again), Aristocats, etc. 

The question is not how far the studios will go. But whether we possess the constitution required to make sure they never do.

16 hours ago, Calibandar said:

Avatar the Last Airbender, and it is already in process.

With the original show-runners of the cartoon heavily tied into it. That could be really awesome if Netflix gives them the budget and the right casting. 

On 2/19/2019 at 10:05 PM, Winter Bass said:

With the original show-runners of the cartoon heavily tied into it. That could be really awesome if Netflix gives them the budget and the right casting. 

I honestly  expect the Netflix adaptation to be an inferior product overall. The thing I most loved about ATLA was the fighting-fhe movements, were memorizing. But I’m going to give it a chance.  Though my expectations aren’t high.

3 hours ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

I honestly  expect the Netflix adaptation to be an inferior product overall. The thing I most loved about ATLA was the fighting-fhe movements, were memorizing. But I’m going to give it a chance.  Though my expectations aren’t high.

Yup, the motion in the fight were simply beautiful in Avatar, it was probably the one thing that put the show head and shoulders above everything else. I'm sure they could do something to capture that feel with real people, but I would hope for something with a ton of wire work and excellent martial artists, rather than relying on CGI to get the job done.

On 2/19/2019 at 1:58 AM, Jace, Basilissa said:

The question is not how far the studios will go. But whether we possess the constitution required to make sure they never do.

We don’t. A ton of people will see these things because of nostalgia alone. Myself included. I will see the Lion King. And Aladdin. I can’t help myself.

20 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Yup, the motion in the fight were simply beautiful in Avatar, it was probably the one thing that put the show head and shoulders above everything else. I'm sure they could do something to capture that feel with real people, but I would hope for something with a ton of wire work and excellent martial artists, rather than relying on CGI to get the job done.

I really don’t see making the fighting as fluid for the main cast as being possible. It’s hard enough to find talented child actors but good child actors with an aptitude towards martial arts, I just see as impossible.

2 hours ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

I really don’t see making the fighting as fluid for the main cast as being possible. It’s hard enough to find talented child actors but good child actors with an aptitude towards martial arts, I just see as impossible.

I'll be very surprised if they use child actors. I think the central cast will be playing characters in their late teens (meaning actors in their 20s). 12-14 year olds saving the world is more plausible in cartoons than in live action especially with all the fighting etc.they'll be more in line with the korra cast age wise.

That said i still think they'll skim on the agility of characters from the cartoon. Aang would require Spider-Man CGI. I think it'll be much more power related eg the characters don't do much physically but instead have lots if element based projections.

I'm watching cowboy bebop at the moment and while it may be sacrilege i can't help but think the live-action version could be great. A bit more room to tell stories (the anime is pretty breakneck with 20mins for one story) could really flesh out some characters. It's also an adaptation where i think they could do a completely different set of stories and merely inherit the world and characters. 

Live action sword in the stone would be tolerable from disney. But lets be honest disney will milk this until they have the technology to create sentient animal actors capable of talking at which point they'll do live-live remakes.

Iron giant and titan AE could work as live action.

13 hours ago, red snow said:

I'm watching cowboy bebop at the moment and while it may be sacrilege i can't help but think the live-action version could be great.

I absolutely think it could work, provided they cast the right people for the key roles and got the tone right (and the music!). The first couple episodes need to feel like a rollicking ride with good music and some good lines. After that, they can sprawl out more in character development and back-story.

RE: Sword in the Stone

My biggest worry is that they'll completely screw up the tone on this and try and turn it into a more epic fantasy. The charm of Sword in the Stone is that it's actually a pretty small movie with a small cast, with 95% of the movie taking place at Ector's Castle and the surrounding woods. But if they can get it right, then I think I'd love this movie (also, they should cast Jim Broadbent as Merlin - that would be casting perfection).

Archived