Live-action remakes you’d like to see? Or live-action shows or movies you’d like to see made into cartoons

Varysblackfyre321

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Nope. Nothing. None. Why do live action remakes even exist? :bawl: 

It's some weird legitimacy thing in the way people want films of books. It seems more "real" if with actual people. I don't buy it but i think that's the case as no one really demands cartoons or novelizations of films with the same fervour.

42 minutes ago, Winter Bass said:

I absolutely think it could work, provided they cast the right people for the key roles and got the tone right (and the music!). The first couple episodes need to feel like a rollicking ride with good music and some good lines. After that, they can sprawl out more in character development and back-story.

RE: Sword in the Stone

My biggest worry is that they'll completely screw up the tone on this and try and turn it into a more epic fantasy. The charm of Sword in the Stone is that it's actually a pretty small movie with a small cast, with 95% of the movie taking place at Ector's Castle and the surrounding woods. But if they can get it right, then I think I'd love this movie (also, they should cast Jim Broadbent as Merlin - that would be casting perfection).

The music is a must and capturing the cast an important task. Hopefully the anime creator has some impact on the sound. Hopefully there won't be too much insistence on all the cast having to be japanese as the anime comes off as international (but the debate will still occur because internet).

If disney had their milking hats on they'd do a fairly faithful sword in the stone but keep in mind they could easily do sequels if successful. Jim broadbent is a pretty good suggestion for merlin

1 minute ago, red snow said:

It's some weird legitimacy thing in the way people want films of books. It seems more "real" if with actual people. I don't buy it but i think that's the case as no one really demands cartoons or novelizations of films with the same fervour.

I get that, there's nothing wrong with wanting films of books. My issue is with wanting live action films of animated films. In most cases there's way too much CGI involved to deliver on the magical aspect of these films anyway. And when they make a 'live action' of an animated film with animal characters, I'm out. If anything, that feels less real. But that's just me, of course. 

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I get that, there's nothing wrong with wanting films of books. My issue is with wanting live action films of animated films. In most cases there's way too much CGI involved to deliver on the magical aspect of these films anyway. And when they make a 'live action' of an animated film with animal characters, I'm out. If anything, that feels less real. But that's just me, of course. 

It's not just you.

9 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yeah i find it hilarious how "lion king" is considered live-action. If anything having animation next to "live-action" highlights the animated aspects aren't real whereas if it's all animated I'm fine. So the current Disney approach is a bit self defeating for me too. 

Who framed roger rabbit works because the distinction between the two is kind of the point. Maybe some update of the concept involving CGI could be done

3 hours ago, red snow said:

Yeah i find it hilarious how "lion king" is considered live-action. If anything having animation next to "live-action" highlights the animated aspects aren't real whereas if it's all animated I'm fine. So the current Disney approach is a bit self defeating for me too. 

Who framed roger rabbit works because the distinction between the two is kind of the point. Maybe some update of the concept involving CGI could be done

I completely agree, the Lion King “live action” is a completely inexplicable idea to me. I have no idea what is the purpose of this production or who agreed to pay for it. 

What they need to realize is that CGI is a tool to support storytelling and acting. It’s not a substitute for those two things. 

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I completely agree, the Lion King “live action” is a completely inexplicable idea to me. I have no idea what is the purpose of this production or who agreed to pay for it. 

What they need to realize is that CGI is a tool to support storytelling and acting. It’s not a substitute for those two things. 

The idea is to make money. As long as these films continue to do well (beauty and the beast did very well) they will continue to do so. I guess the cinema going public are partly to blame as i can't remember the last time a non computer animated film did well for Disney. 

On 2/24/2019 at 2:51 AM, felice said:

Star Wars episodes One to Three? :devil:

Its amazing how often this thought has cross my mind over the years. However I'm not afraid that they would still screw it up (as if its possible for those movies to be worse than they are?!) 

Maybe you really cannot do a Darth Vader prequel without fundamentally destroying everything good about the SW universe.

20 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Its amazing how often this thought has cross my mind over the years. However I'm not afraid that they would still screw it up (as if its possible for those movies to be worse than they are?!) 

Maybe you really cannot do a Darth Vader prequel without fundamentally destroying everything good about the SW universe.

Sure you can. Just tell the story the way Obi-wan did. He had this great friend/student who was corrupted by an evil monster. Cut out slave boy, "I'm a senator...", combine Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan into a new character named Obi-Wan and don't make the Jedi weird sterile cult members.

Boom, you got a movie. 

Or just don't make that movie at all because whythefuckdidyouneedit?

But that's beside the point.

24 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Can we keep Darth Maul?

Cawse he looks so cwooool, right!?!?!

Sure, whatever. But ideally he would have y'know, a fucking character or something. Maybe a backstory or dialogue too if the writer is feeling dangerous.

6 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Which half?

Eh-oh!!!!

Archived