Brienne Tarth

Sansa Stark

Arya Stark

Daenerys Targaryen

Arianne Martell

Margaery Tyrell

Asha GreyJoy  Or Yara Greyjoy

Lyanna Morment to marry Rickon

Please add your ideas:  My favorite is Val The Wilding and Arianne Martell and Shireen Baratheon

If we were only speaking about the crown I would say Dany. However, Margery "took" Joffrey and has "taken" Tommen. If her children are what she holds dearest I say Margery (and the Tyrells).

Although whose to say the crown is not more important to her? Hmmm

1 hour ago, Sophia [email protected] said:

Meera Reed

Myrcella Baratheon

Val The Wilding Princess

Shireen Baratheon

Brienne Tarth

Sansa Stark

Arya Stark

Daenerys Targaryen

Arianne Martell

Margaery Tyrell

Asha GreyJoy  Or Yara Greyjoy

Lyanna Morment to marry Rickon

Please add your ideas:  My favorite is Val The Wilding and Arianne Martell and Shireen Baratheon

What about Gilly?

Queen Gilly would be my Queen.

Best option is that the prophecy is self-fulfilling. It's going to be Margaery or someone that Cersei presently knows, simply because of her paranoia against her. The prophecy just isn't that sweet if it is Daenerys, considering that Cersei's actions probably won't result in Dany coming to power.

17 hours ago, Gabbie Roxas said:

Queen Daenerys Targaryen.  So unless Ashara Dayne comes back to life at her prime, yes, the more beautiful queen is Daenerys Targaryen.  She is the only one who is without a doubt more beautiful than Cersei.  She is the most beautiful woman in the world after all.  

I think so.  The woman who will take everything from Cersei is already a queen.  A younger, more beautiful queen.  This person is already a queen in her own right before she takes everything from Cersei.  Daenerys is already a queen.  Margery is a queen.  Daenerys is objectively the only other woman who is more beautiful than Cersei.  I don't think Margery is all that attractive.  

2 hours ago, Vaith said:

Best option is that the prophecy is self-fulfilling. It's going to be Margaery or someone that Cersei presently knows, simply because of her paranoia against her. The prophecy just isn't that sweet if it is Daenerys, considering that Cersei's actions probably won't result in Dany coming to power.

Disagree entirely. It's not "sweet" at all if it's someone that Cersei suspects to the extent that Cersei is so unhinged about Margaery in AFFC. The irony is that the YMBQ will be someone she never suspected (whether she knows them or not), just like Jaime is suspected to be the Valonquar by the fandom as opposed to Tyrion.

If it's one person, I would say Arianne or Daenerys chasing Cersei out of the capital in TWOW. I'm also open to the interpretation that the YMBQ could actually be multiple people, including Dany, Sansa, and Arianne.

If it's a literal queen, that is also literally more beautiful than Cersei, then it's either Margaery or Dany. But if the meaning of her description is not literal, then it could be Brienne. If it's about inner beauty, and if it can be Queen of Love and Beauty, crowned at some tournament, for example by Jaime, then Brienne also fits into those criterias.  

P.S. Was Cersei ever chosen as Queen of Love and Beauty in any tournaments?

1 hour ago, Lluewhyn said:

Disagree entirely. It's not "sweet" at all if it's someone that Cersei suspects to the extent that Cersei is so unhinged about Margaery in AFFC. The irony is that the YMBQ will be someone she never suspected (whether she knows them or not), just like Jaime is suspected to be the Valonquar by the fandom as opposed to Tyrion.

If it's one person, I would say Arianne or Daenerys chasing Cersei out of the capital in TWOW. I'm also open to the interpretation that the YMBQ could actually be multiple people, including Dany, Sansa, and Arianne.

Even if it’s someone she doesn’t presently know, the queen’s rise being divorced of her own actions seems a little strange. It was Cersei who chose to have three children with her brother and she’s in the process of pissing off the valonqar. Self-fulfilling prophecies are better done if she directly causes her own fall. :)

2 hours ago, Vaith said:

Even if it’s someone she doesn’t presently know, the queen’s rise being divorced of her own actions seems a little strange. It was Cersei who chose to have three children with her brother and she’s in the process of pissing off the valonqar. Self-fulfilling prophecies are better done if she directly causes her own fall. :)

I think that the self-fulfilling simply refers to the Valonquar part. She's also had the power to defeat the prophecy at any time, namely by not having three children with her brother as you said, and trying so hard to become the queen at all.

My money's on Brienne too.

I don't think it's a coincidence that she's called 'The Beauty' and it would be typically twisty of a prophecy for it not to be a literal physical beauty.

It's pretty clear that she's had an influence on Jaime and his drawing away from Cersei - plus I like the whole Jaime as valonquar thing.

A bit of a stretch maybe, but in Cersei's mind at least, I also think she could also come to blame Brienne for losing Joff and Tommen to the clutches of the Tyrells. Brienne was there at Renly's death and failed to save him, thus freeing up Marg to marry. In the whole self-fulfilling vein, I don't think it matters that Brienne hasn't actually done anything to Cersei only that Cersei may come to view her as the source of all her woes. And I think it's likely that Cersei's hatred for Brienne will be the straw that breaks the camel's back and pushes Jaime over the edge into killing her - mirroring how Tywin's disdain for Tysha pushed Tyrion into loosing the crossbow.

On 2/20/2019 at 6:35 PM, Gabbie Roxas said:

Queen Daenerys Targaryen.  So unless Ashara Dayne comes back to life at her prime, yes, the more beautiful queen is Daenerys Targaryen.  She is the only one who is without a doubt more beautiful than Cersei.  She is the most beautiful woman in the world after all.  

Ashara is possibly Lemore but she's no longer in her prime.  Not to mention she has more wear and tear (kind of way of saying old) than Cersei.  So the younger, more beautiful queen is Daenerys.  

Did Maggy the Frog actually say it was a younger more beautiful queen, or did Cersei just assume that's what she meant (as do many readers)?

A Feast for Crows - Cersei III

Whenever Cersei looked at the old crone, the face of Maggy the Frog seemed to float before her eyes, wrinkled and terrible and wise. All old women look alike, she tried to tell herself, that's all it is. In truth, the bent-back sorceress had looked nothing like the Queen of Thorns, yet somehow the sight of Lady Olenna's nasty little smile was enough to put her back in Maggy's tent again. She could still remember the smell of it, redolent with queer eastern spices, and the softness of Maggy's gums as she sucked the blood from Cersei's finger. Queen you shall be, the old woman had promised, with her lips still wet and red and glistening, until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear.

A Feast for Crows - Cersei VIII

Beneath her golden curls, the girl's face wrinkled up in puzzlement. For years after, she took those words to mean that she would not marry Rhaegar until after his father Aerys had died. "I will be queen, though?" asked the younger her.

"Aye." Malice gleamed in Maggy's yellow eyes. "Queen you shall be . . . until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear."

Note Maggy does not say 'another queen' - which would be incontrovertible, but simply 'another' which could just be sloppy grammar on her part, or it could equally be that she meant 'another' in the sense of 'someone else'.

It's clear Cersei assumes the queenliness of 'another', but I'm tempted to suspect an ulterior motive to the sloppy grammar (espcially as it's GRRM :thumbsup:)

A Feast for Crows - Cersei VIII

"Do you still grieve for this friend of your childhood?" Qyburn asked. "Is that what troubles you, Your Grace?"

"Melara? No. I can hardly recall what she looked like. It is just . . . the maegi knew how many children I would have, and she knew of Robert's bastards. Years before he'd sired even the first of them, she knew. She promised me I should be queen, but said another queen would come . . ." Younger and more beautiful, she said. ". . . another queen, who would take from me all I loved."

This slightly hazy memory could be part of a set up... because Maggy never said explicitly, 'another queen'; although the phrase used implies 'another queen', it cannot be taken as 100% conclusive. And generally I find it worth noticing those occasions where GRRM skips a chance to state something with absolute certainly.

Sooo.... Brienne could fit the frame, for my money, with Jaime being all Cersei 'holds dear'.

Archived