US Politics: Make Thread Titles Great Again

Varysblackfyre321

On 2/20/2019 at 4:45 PM, DanteGabriel said:

Run out of garbage topics to make threads of? Why even do this if the last thread hasn't hit the limit, and you don't have any ideas for title?

For your first question,probably not, I’ll make threads in the future, some of which, I’ll probably regret making shortly there after(probably not the one I think you’d consider the most garbage), some I’ll be glad to have made.  Some answers to the thread are worth a ponder.To  answer your second for why I did it: boredom. 

On 2/20/2019 at 4:16 PM, Tywin et al. said:

1. We're not at 400 yet

2. Laziest thread title ever

Possibly. Probably. At the moment. I have some ideas cooking to make even lazier thread titles. Though I thought I’d break the mold here and give a title that doesn’t appear to be trying to be clever. 

29 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

Prosecuting the Prosecutor.

I’m curious if this’ll be like another chant Trump and his supporters scrange up in the event Harris gets the nominee. I get the feeling Trump will have little trouble in encouraging his followers.  And I am curious if Harris’ law and order typeness will lead her to make prosecuting Trump and co part of her platform. You know turn the chant from “lock her up” to “lock him up”.  

Ack. Way too orange, man.

Mark Harris' son warned him about operative in North Carolina scandal

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/20/mark-harris-north-carolina-election-fraud-1192738

In emotional testimony Wednesday, the son of North Carolina Republican Mark Harris said he warned his father about the absentee ballot strategy used by Leslie McCrae Dowless, the political operative now at the center of an election fraud scandal in the state's 9th Congressional District.

John Harris testified before the North Carolina State Election Board Wednesday about allegations of election fraud. Though Mark Harris led Democrat Dan McCready by 905 votes in the unofficial ballot count on election night in November 2018, the election board refused to certify a winner, pointing to the accusations of fraud.

Trump is going to go for the "Almost Famous" approach with Kim. "Look man, just make me look cool so I can win the election."

North Korea Is Getting the Deal of the Century
Trump’s bargaining position with Kim Jong-un is unbelievably weak.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/02/trump-kim-jong-un-summit-vietnam-pompeo-bargaining.html

And yet, in one of the many digressions at his Friday press conference, Trump said, of when North Korea might finally commit to denuclearization, “I’m in no rush for speed. We just don’t want testing.” Or, to translate his clipped remarks into plain English: As long as Kim maintains his moratorium on testing missiles or nuclear devices (which he put in effect five months before the first summit), he can take as long as he wants to disarm the weapons he already has.

Great news from the SCOTUS.  9-0 holding that excessive fines provision of the 8th Amendment applies to States and localities.  This means civil forfeiture can be argued against on that basis.  They held attempting to seize the property of hapless landowners who attempted to stop drug deals on their property is fundamentally unconstitutional.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/02/20/us/politics/civil-asset-forfeiture-supreme-court.amp.html

10 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

North Korea Is Getting the Deal of the Century
Trump’s bargaining position with Kim Jong-un is unbelievably weak.

I'm shocked.  This will be his next distract play.  Which unfortunately means it probably will dominate Trump talk at least in these threads in the coming weeks.  Ugh.

4 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Great news from the SCOTUS.  9-0 holding that excessive fines provision of the 8th Amendment applies to States and localities.  This means civil forfeiture can be argued against on that basis.  They held attempting to seize the property of hapless landowners who attempted to stop drug deals on their property is fundamentally unconstitutional.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/02/20/us/politics/civil-asset-forfeiture-supreme-court.amp.html

Yes, despite the Jeff Sessions attempt to prolong it, it does seem the Drug War/1970's tough on crime approach is dying its last breath as we speak. Sometimes public opinion does finally catch up with the SC. At least 60 percent of Americans wanted this to happen, it is one of the few things liberals and plutocrats agree on, and that percentage is growing all the time. 

1 hour ago, Triskele said:

Liked mass-murderer Anders Brevik, and they think that there are others out there that may be involved with this guy

One can only hope. 

We could use a few dead Democrats to chase away this Jessie Smolensk story.

Kamala Harris just totally pwned it on Trevor Noah's Daily Show.  Beto?  Biden?  Where you at fools?  Sanders - hey, do I care?  Another example that Harris knows exactly what she's doing, btw.

2 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

We could use a few dead Democrats to chase away this Jessie Smolensk story.

It doesn't matter if you didn't care in the first place.

11 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Cowen is honest on that front here with respect to the spending as % of GDP stat but I swear that he also uses slight-of-hand.  

Stop talking about Venezuela.  He is the only one that benefits from talking about Venezuela.  Venezuela will be just fine without our input, and we will still have a stick up out the ass cuz they nationalized oil that we were supposed to exploit!  Har-umph!

6 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

More fool you, then. The streets are talking.

What streets?  Where are these streets?  Why do you make me talk like Larry David?

Archived