Badass moments of Jon Snow.

Varysblackfyre321

I imagine you mean "Jon Snow"?

I think letting the wildlings through the wall is pretty badass, especially if you're a new, very young commander of the Nights Watch. I actually thought that most of Jon's decisions in Dance were pretty badass.

I'm not saying they were the right thing to do or not, and I'm not talking about the potential ethical and political ramifications his actions have, I'm just saying it was interesting to read Jon take command and make a bunch of changes that many others wouldn't have the balls to do.

10 minutes ago, Mat92 said:

I imagine you mean "Jon Snow"?

I think letting the wildlings through the wall is pretty badass, especially if you're a new, very young commander of the Nights Watch. I actually thought that most of Jon's decisions in Dance were pretty badass.

I'm not saying they were the right thing to do or not, and I'm not talking about the potential ethical and political ramifications his actions have, I'm just saying it was interesting to read Jon take command and make a bunch of changes that many others wouldn't have the balls to do.

No I mean Jon Smow. The critically acclaimed fanfic ASOIaf character who hates refugees , a staunch traditionalist, and who hates fat boys named Sam. I’m kidding. Thanks for calling out the error man. I’ll edit the thread title to correct the error.

A Storm of Swords - Jon III

"We should." Her breasts bounced as she stood on one leg to pull one boot, then hopped onto her other foot to attend to the other. Her nipples were wide pink circles. "You as well," Ygritte said as she yanked down her sheepskin breeches. "If you want to look you have to show. You know nothing, Jon Snow."

"I know I want you," he heard himself say, all his vows and all his honor forgotten. She stood before him naked as her name day, and he was as hard as the rock around them. He had been in her half a hundred times by now, but always beneath the furs, with others all around them. He had never seen how beautiful she was. Her legs were skinny but well muscled, the hair at the juncture of her thighs a brighter red than that on her head. Does that make it even luckier? He pulled her close. "I love the smell of you," he said. "I love your red hair. I love your mouth, and the way you kiss me. I love your smile. I love your teats." He kissed them, one and then the other. "I love your skinny legs, and what's between them." He knelt to kiss her there, lightly on her mound at first, but Ygritte moved her legs apart a little, and he saw the pink inside and kissed that as well, and tasted her. She gave a little gasp. "If you love me all so much, why are you still dressed?" she whispered. "You know nothing, Jon Snow. Noth—oh. Oh. OHHH."

Afterward, she was almost shy, or as shy as Ygritte ever got. "That thing you did," she said, when they lay together on their piled clothes. "With your . . . mouth." She hesitated. "Is that . . . is it what lords do to their ladies, down in the south?"

"I don't think so." No one had ever told Jon just what lords did with their ladies. "I only . . . wanted to kiss you there, that's all. You seemed to like it."

Pretty badass.

He was pretty badass at the battle of Castle Black. 

The execution of Janos Slynt, I think, was one of those moments. I did not think it would happen.

Putting his archers to work to take "Mance" out of his misery and pissing Stannis off in the process.

The exchange with the Norrey and the Flint atop the Wall and the way he ends it.

"Tormund Giantsbane knows better than to try me. I may seem a green boy in your eyes, Lord Norrey, but I am still a son of Eddard Stark." (Jon XI, ADWD 53)

Jon Snow has a lot of what can be considered "badass" moments.  Several have already been mentioned but I was reminded of this little exchange early on in AGoT:

“An albino,” Theon Greyjoy said with wry amusement. “This one will die even faster than the others.” Jon Snow gave his father’s ward a long, chilling look. “I think not, Greyjoy,” he said. “This one belongs to me.”

Yep, even that is pretty badass.  A little early glimpse into Jon's character.

2 hours ago, Staenerys Stargaryen said:

He is (probably) my favorite character.  I think the list of not badass things he has done is a shorter one. Also I think his most badass moments are yet to come.

Low key: How about befriending Sam? 

Yeah I’d go with this, probably took more balls to do that than to swing a sword at anybody for someone of his background who is also trying to fit in

Archived