Let's suppose...

Ser Uncle P

After reading FaB, I see everyone says that Rhaenyra's sons don't look like Laenor or Rhaenyra but nobody says the look like Harwyin.  We never get Harwyin's description and house Strong is not mentioned to have a specific trait (like Targaryens). There are exaples of Targaryens-not looking like Targaryens (Alysanne, Alyssa, Baelor son of Daeron I, Daeron son of Maekar I). They could resemble their Arryn heritage (we don't get Aemma's and Rodrik's description) or Corly's unknown mother , Corly's unknown grandmother, Alarra Massey, Rogar Barratheon's unknown mother, etc.

When Rhaenyra became queen both Laenor and Harwyin were dead so no one can prove that her sons are bastards. Plus Corlys and Rhaenys seem to support them and publicly consider them as true Velaryons. Plus Jacaerys and Lucerys were to marry Laena's daughters so no matter their paternity, Corlys's and Rhaeny's (and Daemon's) line was to inherit both Driftmark and Iron Throne.

Daemon would have great power as king consort, father-in-law to the heir and father-in-law to Driftmark's heir and his sons would probably get seats on Jacaerys's small council, especially Viserys. Daemon seems to be less ambitious later in his life.

54 minutes ago, Endymion I Targaryen said:

After reading FaB, I see everyone says that Rhaenyra's sons don't look like Laenor or Rhaenyra but nobody says the look like Harwyin.  We never get Harwyin's description and house Strong is not mentioned to have a specific trait (like Targaryens). There are exaples of Targaryens-not looking like Targaryens (Alysanne, Alyssa, Baelor son of Daeron I, Daeron son of Maekar I). They could resemble their Arryn heritage (we don't get Aemma's and Rodrik's description) or Corly's unknown mother , Corly's unknown grandmother, Alarra Massey, Rogar Barratheon's unknown mother, etc.

Exactly. In addition, we know that the only Strong whose hair color we get, Lucamore Strong, actually had blond hair, not brown hair.

54 minutes ago, Endymion I Targaryen said:

Daemon would have great power as king consort, father-in-law to the heir and father-in-law to Driftmark's heir and his sons would probably get seats on Jacaerys's small council, especially Viserys. Daemon seems to be less ambitious later in his life.

If he had been particularly ambitious in relation to his own blood Aegon the Younger would have been betrothed or married to Lady Rhaena after Luke's death. Joffrey Velaryon got his Manderly match, so he could not follow in Luke's steps, but Aegon the Elder could have.

That he didn't isn't exactly a sign that Daemon wanted to push his children to the forefront. Nobody even suggested Baela or Rhaena as bride to Joffrey Velaryon or Aegon the Elder after Jacaerys had died in the Gullet.

And if Daemon had been obsessed with the advancement of his own sons it is also odd that he continued to agree to the Baela-Jace and Rhaena-Luke betrothals before the Dance instead of pushing Rhaenyra to marry his daughters to their half-brothers Aegon and Viserys instead.

20 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

If he had been particularly ambitious in relation to his own blood Aegon the Younger would have been betrothed or married to Lady Rhaena after Luke's death. Joffrey Velaryon got his Manderly match, so he could not follow in Luke's steps, but Aegon the Elder could have.

That he didn't isn't exactly a sign that Daemon wanted to push his children to the forefront. Nobody even suggested Baela or Rhaena as bride to Joffrey Velaryon or Aegon the Elder after Jacaerys had died in the Gullet.

And if Daemon had been obsessed with the advancement of his own sons it is also odd that he continued to agree to the Baela-Jace and Rhaena-Luke betrothals before the Dance instead of pushing Rhaenyra to marry his daughters to their half-brothers Aegon and Viserys instead.

Daemon killed Laena's betrothed to marry into mighty house Velaryon. Then he is rumored to arrange Laenor's death to make Rhaenyra available for him. These are signs that he was ambitious and wanted to become powerful. For a man who arranged Blood and Cheese, proposed replacing houses Baratheon and Lannister with bastards and made careful moves to wife choice, it was easy to get rid of his stepsons or at least promote his children over his step-children. 

After his wedding to Rhaenyra, I get the impression that he realised he couldn't become something more than king consort and protector of the realm and probably didn't want to. He seems satisfied with that role and had little involvement with politics after his wife took the Iron Throne. Of course, we could see better the conclusion if the black fraction won the war and Daemon and at least one of his stepsons remained alive.

2 hours ago, Endymion I Targaryen said:

All three firstborn Rhaenyra's children  shared similar traits: brown eyes and hair, pug nose, being described as large, strapping, and some even lusty.

It is odd that we don't have more detailed physical description of Harwin Strong except that he is said to be the strongest man in the Seven Kingdoms and called Breakbones.

We know that his father Lyonel is described as "A big man, burly and balding". 

Knowing features of their mother and father (aquiline nose, silver-white hair, and purple eyes) and later children by Daemon who had Valyrian appearance it additionally adds weight to the rumors.

If there were genes inherited by Rhaenyra or Laenor from their Arryn or Velaryon part of family , they would show later  in appearance of Aegon III and Viserys II children. 

Her children are being called Strong by some characters most notably Aemond.

1 hour ago, Endymion I Targaryen said:

Daemon killed Laena's betrothed to marry into mighty house Velaryon.

He freed Lord Corlys of an unworthy suitor for his daughter. This was done with the approval of everybody in House Velaryon or it wouldn't have happened at all.

Then he is rumored to arrange Laenor's death to make Rhaenyra available for him.

A rumor that may or may not be true. It is remarkably odd that Daemon Targaryen lived to see the Dance of the Dragons if there truly was a rumor floating around that Prince Daemon may have been behind the murder of Corlys Velaryon's son. The man was the richest man in the Seven Kingdoms, and money can easily buy you the head of a prince on a golden platter.

This is the kind of rumor Mushroom may have invented years after the fact.

These are signs that he was ambitious and wanted to become powerful. For a man who arranged Blood and Cheese, proposed replacing houses Baratheon and Lannister with bastards and made careful moves to wife choice, it was easy to get rid of his stepsons or at least promote his children over his step-children. 

But there is no indication that he ever thought about or tried to do the latter. And @Ran actually has made a reasonably good case that the stuff about destroying the Baratheons and Lannisters to grant their castle to bastards may just be nonsense.

After his wedding to Rhaenyra, I get the impression that he realised he couldn't become something more than king consort and protector of the realm and probably didn't want to. He seems satisfied with that role and had little involvement with politics after his wife took the Iron Throne. Of course, we could see better the conclusion if the black fraction won the war and Daemon and at least one of his stepsons remained alive.

Actually, the things that seemed to actually affect Daemon's personality somewhat - as his brother had hoped - was the birth of his children. Baela and Rhaena were the start, and when Rhaenyra finally gave him the sons he always wanted things were even better.

As I think I pointed out above somewhere - the fact that Daemon/Rhaenyra had no plan at all for the time after the death of King Viserys sort of hammers out the fact that neither of them was a great plotter nor that they were prepared for or expecting a usurpation and a subsequent war.

42 minutes ago, Eltharion21 said:

All three firstborn Rhaenyra's children shared similar traits: brown eyes and hair, pug nose, being described as large, strapping, and some even lusty.

Sure, but the blood of the dragon is strong and well-built, too, is it not. Just think of Maegor or Maelys the Monstrous. Lusty is covered by both Baelon the Brave and Alyssa Targaryen, the great-grandparents of Rhaenyra's children.

Knowing features of their mother and father (aquiline nose, silver-white hair, and purple eyes) and later children by Daemon who had Valyrian appearance it additionally adds weight to the rumors.

Not really. Jaehaerys and Alysanne were both Targaryens and siblings yet they were apparently not able to produce only proper Targaryens with Valyrian looks. Why is it odd that it didn't work with Laenor and Rhaenyra and not also with Jaehaerys and Alysanne?

If there were genes inherited by Rhaenyra or Laenor from their Arryn or Velaryon part of family , they would show later  in appearance of Aegon III and Viserys II children.

Not necessarily. Those children have Valyrian-featured mothers, too, and very striking ones at that in Daenaera Velaryon and Larra Rogare.

But certain weirdo non-Valyrian features do pop up occasionally in the main Targaryen bloodline. But we don't know the looks of all the Targaryens down the family tree. We've got a portrait of Daeron II, but it is difficult to make out his hair color there, and we have no idea how Rhaegel, Aelor, Aelora, Daenora, Maester Aemon, Daella, Rhae, or Egg's daughters looked like. Not to mention the descendants through the female line.

Alyssa Targaryen is the first known freak with mismatched eyes, a feature Aegon IV eventually passed on to Shiera Seastar, and Aerys II to Tyrion (if he is his son). Jaehaerys I's son Vaegon seems to be a carbon copy of King Aerys I, and Aerea and Rhaella are more than just echoed by Baela and Rhaena.

Her children are being called Strong by some characters most notably Aemond.

That is an insult. Those princes are Rhaenyra's heirs, they come before Alicent's children and that's why they resent them.

3 hours ago, Lord Varys said:

Sure, but the blood of the dragon is strong and well-built, too, is it not. Just think of Maegor or Maelys the Monstrous. Lusty is covered by both Baelon the Brave and Alyssa Targaryen, the great-grandparents of Rhaenyra's children.

One odd feature in bloodline  is possible but four or five on three children supposedly fathered by same man, who share little features of either parent is truly amazing "coincidence" unless it isn't.

Which one of those had brown hair, brown eyes, pug nose, and was large, or we should look for one trait  only so that we compare and find similarities.

Though lusty feature is interesting it seems that it goes in family , so Rhaenyra and Aegon II both shared it.

Not really. Jaehaerys and Alysanne were both Targaryens and siblings yet they were apparently not able to produce only proper Targaryens with Valyrian looks. Why is it odd that it didn't work with Laenor and Rhaenyra and not also with Jaehaerys and Alysanne?

They had 13 children, how many of them were brown haired, mostly if any had minor differences in usual Targaryen looks they would be described like with Alyssa.

What is odd that three children absolutely look non Valyrian and two with different father with similar Valyrian genes look Valyrian.

Not necessarily. Those children have Valyrian-featured mothers, too, and very striking ones at that in Daenaera Velaryon and Larra Rogare.

But certain weirdo non-Valyrian features do pop up occasionally in the main Targaryen bloodline. But we don't know the looks of all the Targaryens down the family tree. We've got a portrait of Daeron II, but it is difficult to make out his hair color there, and we have no idea how Rhaegel, Aelor, Aelora, Daenora, Maester Aemon, Daella, Rhae, or Egg's daughters looked like. Not to mention the descendants through the female line.

Alyssa Targaryen is the first known freak with mismatched eyes, a feature Aegon IV eventually passed on to Shiera Seastar, and Aerys II to Tyrion (if he is his son). Jaehaerys I's son Vaegon seems to be a carbon copy of King Aerys I, and Aerea and Rhaella are more than just echoed by Baela and Rhaena.

Laenor and Rhaenyra had also those genes but still out of 3 children all had very specific non Valyrian appearance.

Daeron II had already stigma at the time being named bastard of Aemon the Dragonknight, his mother certainly had Targaryen looks. If he had vastly different look like Rhaenyras children then it would have much more influence on Blackfyre rebellion. 

Usually when appearance is described with so many characters it would need to have some importance to the plot. If not stated then most likely Targaryen had usual appearance of : "The typical Targaryen features remind strongly of the typical Valyrian features: pale skin, silver, platinum, or gold hair and eyes in a variety of shades of purple, or light blue".

Alyssa Targaryen had these features: " Long-faced and skinny. She had dirty blond tangled hair, without a trace of silver. She had mismatched eyes, one violet, the other green. She had big ears and a lopsided smile". Her look with minor quirks certainly pass as Targaryen and her children also have Valyrian looks. 

Her mother is described as : " Alysanne was described as "pretty", but seldom as "beautiful" She had blue eyes and honey-colored curls". 

If you find  any person in Rhaenyra's line that has features in question besides three firstborn children in sequence, considering that those genes seem to be rather dominant, than your theory that Laenor is father would have some plausibility. 

That is an insult. Those princes are Rhaenyra's heirs, they come before Alicent's children and that's why they resent them.

Insult or not, if it has no basis in truth,  than it wouldn't cause such harsh reaction both from Lucerys or his mother or later Viserys for that matter when he took out tongues of those claiming bastardy in his grandchildren.

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.”

8 minutes ago, Eltharion21 said:

One odd feature in bloodline  is possible but four or five on three children supposedly fathered by same man, who share little features of either parent is truly amazing "coincidence" unless it isn't.

Oh, I really don't care about 'the facts' there, I just point out that nobody has any evidence one way or another. And there is certainly no evidence that Harwin Strong is the father, because we don't know how the guy looked.

Pretending we know the boys are 'Strongs' is taking things way too far.

This is a deliberate mystery. There are hints that Laenor's sons may not have been his, but it is not confirmed one way or another. And that's true for the readers as well as the people in the book.

And with FaB George gave us more hints in the other direction with Targaryens actually not looking like proper Targaryens who should look that way because of their incestuous parents and their dominant Valyrian ancestry.

FaB even gives us a hint that 'the seed' might not be so strong after all. Princess Rhaenys inherited the black hair of her Baratheon mother, but her children inherited the Valyrian looks of their father, Corlys Velaryon. If that can happen, then a lot of stuff can happen, no?

Though lusty feature is interesting it seems that it goes in family , so Rhaenyra and Aegon II both shared it.

Well, Aegon IV had it, too, and it doesn't look as if inherited that trait from his mother - although people most likely will paint it that way.

They had 13 children, how many of them were brown haired, mostly if any had minor differences in usual Targaryen looks they would be described like with Alyssa.

There were no brown-haired children there, but if as much variations is possible as there was with their children - and earlier also with Alyssa's children (Alysanne) - then it wouldn't be hardly surprising if other non-Valyrian traits in the children of Rhaenyra and Laenor show themselves, too. These two have much more non-Valyrian blood than Jaehaerys and Alysanne had.

What is odd that three children absolutely look non Valyrian and two with different father with similar Valyrian genes look Valyrian.

Again, take Laena and Laenor - two Valyrian-looking children with a dark-haired mother of Baratheon descent. How likely is that?

Daeron II had already stigma at the time being named bastard of Aemon the Dragonknight, his mother certainly had Targaryen looks. If he had vastly different look like Rhaenyras children then it would have much more influence on Blackfyre rebellion.

But he was rumored to be the son of another Targaryen, the king's brother, as much incest-born as Daemon Blackfyre or he himself if he were Aegon's son.

Insult or not, if it has no basis in truth,  than it wouldn't cause such harsh reaction both from Lucerys or his mother or later Viserys for that matter when he took out tongues of those claiming bastardy in his grandchildren.

If you go back to the book then you see Rhaenyra's harsh reaction was a reaction to Alicent wanting to cut out her son's eye.

Viserys I reaction was a means to restore the peace. His grandsons were his grandsons and they were legitimate children born in wedlock. That was his opinion, and the king decides such matters, not looks and guys interpreting looks.

He decreed that whoever repeated those insults - whoever he or she may be - would lose his tongue, and that's what happened.

One could just as well see Aegon the Conqueror deal in a similar fashion with people repeating the rumors and calumnies that Prince Aenys wasn't his son. We never hear something along those lines, but I doubt King Aegon was happy hearing his late beloved sister-wife slandered in such a manner, and the legitimacy of his firstborn son and heir questioned at the same time.

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.”

That is just pretty good advice. Although I'd say there instances where it is actually better to cut out some tongues than allow certain tales to spread. Not every story/lie/whatever is harmless enough to be ignored in such a manner.

I'd say Daeron II could have profited if he had actually cut out a couple of tongues to dissuade certain people from spreading their 'Daeron Falseborn' nonsense.

We know that words are wind, but wind can fan a fire, can it not?

Archived