Positions of the Contenders for the IT at the end of TWOW

nyser1

Where do you think each of the following contenders/pretenders/royal brood will be at the end of this book?

Tommen Baratheon, Myrcella Baratheon, Stannis Baratheon, Shireen Baratheon, Aegon/Young Griff, Dany, Edric Storm, and (if you believe R+L=J) Jon Snow

For me:

1. Tommen - Killed by Varys,

2. Myrcella - Killed in Dorne.

3. Stannis Baratheon - Pyrrhic victory in the Battle for the Ice.

4. Shireen Baratheon - Burned by Selyse to try to ressurrect her dead father.

5. Aegon/Young Griff - Killed in a wildfire event orchestrated by Cersei and/or her cronies.

6. Dany - Heading to Westeros.

7. Edric Storm - Discovered in Lys. Will return to Westeros in ADOS and will be legitimized, head of house Baratheon.

8.  Jon Snow - in the North. Resurrected by Melisandre after Stannis is dead/Shireen has been burnt.

I pretty much agree with the above, except for the below:

• Edric: there's way too many characters at the moment, I hope he doesn't show up until end of book 7
  • Tommen: I think he's more likely to die as a result of something Cersei does (indirectly), Varys directly killing someone like he did with Kevan seems to be a one off, but could indicate that he needs to put plans in motion quickly 

But realistically, I don't think there will be an Iron Throne/single King or Queen at the end. I think they'll revert back to some sort of democracy between the individual kingdoms. I think it would be underwhelming to see a single person (or a power couple) take charge of the whole country, and would rather see everyone realise that the whole thing was pointless and a huge waste of time after the Others invade.

Tommen Baratheon - Pushed down a flight of stairs by Arya skinchanged into Balerion . . . . But seriously I think it will somehow be something that Cersei accidentally causes.  

Myrcella Baratheon - She'll die on her way back to King's Landing. Maybe her ear will get infected after what Darkstar did. 

Stannis Baratheon - Honestly he is the most difficult for me to place. I feel like he will somehow be dead by the end of TWoW. 

Shireen Baratheon - Burnt alive.

"Aegon Targaryen" - Engulfed by wildfire along with a good chunk of King's Landing. Without Jaime there, Cersei will pull of a successful version of what Aerys wanted to do. Aegon and his forces will be marching on King's Landing, like Ned Stark was doing in Robert's Rebellion, then Cersei will blow up the city. Its a shame. I honestly think out of all the contenders he'd make the best King. 

Daenerys Targaryen - Finally on her way to Westeros. 

Edric Storm - I don't think he'll be in TWoW. I don't see his protectors risking bringing him back to Westeros until either Stannis or Melisandre are dead. 

Jon Snow - After recovering/getting resurrected, I think he will probably be at Winterfell by the end of the book explaining to the Northerners what's going on North of the Wall. 

3 hours ago, Mat92 said:

• Edric: there's way too many characters at the moment, I hope he doesn't show up until end of book 7
  • Tommen: I think he's more likely to die as a result of something Cersei does (indirectly), Varys directly killing someone like he did with Kevan seems to be a one off, but could indicate that he needs to put plans in motion quickly 

But realistically, I don't think there will be an Iron Throne/single King or Queen at the end. I think they'll revert back to some sort of democracy between the individual kingdoms. I think it would be underwhelming to see a single person (or a power couple) take charge of the whole country, and would rather see everyone realise that the whole thing was pointless and a huge waste of time after the Others invade.

I would not be suprised if that is the case with Edric as well. I suppose the length of TWoW may influence this.

Regarding Tommen: I was thinking about that myself. Cersei has a way of causing collateral damage.

1 hour ago, Euron III Greyjoy said:

Tommen Baratheon - Pushed down a flight of stairs by Arya skinchanged into Balerion . . . . But seriously I think it will somehow be something that Cersei accidentally causes.  

Myrcella Baratheon - She'll die on her way back to King's Landing. Maybe her ear will get infected after what Darkstar did. 

Stannis Baratheon - Honestly he is the most difficult for me to place. I feel like he will somehow be dead by the end of TWoW. 

Shireen Baratheon - Burnt alive.

"Aegon Targaryen" - Engulfed by wildfire along with a good chunk of King's Landing. Without Jaime there, Cersei will pull of a successful version of what Aerys wanted to do. Aegon and his forces will be marching on King's Landing, like Ned Stark was doing in Robert's Rebellion, then Cersei will blow up the city. Its a shame. I honestly think out of all the contenders he'd make the best King. 

Daenerys Targaryen - Finally on her way to Westeros. 

Edric Storm - I don't think he'll be in TWoW. I don't see his protectors risking bringing him back to Westeros until either Stannis or Melisandre are dead. 

Jon Snow - After recovering/getting resurrected, I think he will probably be at Winterfell by the end of the book explaining to the Northerners what's going on North of the Wall. 

Poor Tommen.

1 hour ago, nyser1 said:

Poor Tommen.

The thing that sticks out to me the most about Tommen is his love for cats. GRRM loves his little ironies, and I think having Tommen getting killed by a cat, specifically the cat he's scared of, would be very ironic. Although I do think that Cersei being the cause of Tommen's death would also be very ironic. 

10 hours ago, Euron III Greyjoy said:

The thing that sticks out to me the most about Tommen is his love for cats. GRRM loves his little ironies, and I think having Tommen getting killed by a cat, specifically the cat he's scared of, would be very ironic.

A big cat like a.... lion? ;)

On 2/23/2019 at 1:08 PM, Mat92 said:

Reverting back to the old system would not be reverting back to a sort of democracy. There was nothing democratic about the former 7 kingdoms. In terms of power structure, they were exactly the same as the current system just smaller scale. It’s not as if King Stark or King Arryn were winning open elections against their Lords and Bannermen.

6 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Reverting back to the old system would not be reverting back to a sort of democracy. There was nothing democratic about the former 7 kingdoms. In terms of power structure, they were exactly the same as the current system just smaller scale. It’s not as if King Stark or King Arryn were winning open elections against their Lords and Bannermen.

I agree. There is nothing to suggest democracy other than perhaps...GRRM modern real world magic and TV show Dany.

On 2/22/2019 at 5:29 PM, nyser1 said:

Where do you think each of the following contenders/pretenders/royal brood will be at the end of this book?

Tommen Baratheon, Myrcella Baratheon, Stannis Baratheon, Shireen Baratheon, Aegon/Young Griff, Dany, Edric Storm, and (if you believe R+L=J) Jon Snow

The Winds of Winter will be a time of chaos.  So there will be many people, regardless of claim, who will try to put their bums on the iron throne.  

Let's begin with the temps who will be in Westeros at that time:

1.  Stannis is not going to get within a mile of the throne.  He already died in the north.
  2. Shireen is not gong to make back to the south.  She dies in the north.
  3. Myrcella will die in Dorne.
  4. Aegon/Young Griff has a chance to sit on the Iron Throne for a brief time.  He will sit the throne by the middle of the book.  His armies will defeat the Lannisters.
  5. Jon is dead, but he might come to life.  He stays in the north.  He totally made a mess of things at the wall.  He is the worst choice for ruler.

Essos:

1. Queen Daenerys will start uniting the Dothraki people into one khalasar, thus fulfilling the prophecy.  She will use the Dothraki to fight the slavers.  I think she will win the Iron Born to her side too.
  2. Edric Storm is a bit player in the scheme of things.  We may never hear about this guy again.  

14 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I shouldn't have said democracy, I just meant that there wouldn't be a centralised seat of power anymore.

IMO it's more likely to end with a leader in each region than one king/queen.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/23/2019 at 8:08 AM, Mat92 said:

Democracy was the last thing those old kingdoms had.  The common people were constantly pulled into the wars constantly waged by one lord paramount to another.  A united land under one monarch benefited the common people because it reduced the power of the Lannisters, Starks, Arryns, Greyjoys, and Martells.  One good example was the abolition of the Lord's Right to the first night.  Many brides and husbands were glad of it.

To revert Westeros to a pre Targ state is a huge step BACKWARDS......

Westeros needs to be united under ONE banner NOT one house, and what I mean by this is Westetos needs a country flag that all people can gladly fly above there keeps and a true election needs to occur where positions at court are up for grabs. 

That's the goal for the future.  The immediate goal is to survive the long winter.  For that, they need allies overseas who can send food.  

A pre Targ state is a huge step backwards.  I don't understand the desire of some in the fan community to have independent kingdoms again.  It strokes the egos of the Starks and the other lords paramount but it does nothing to help the majority of the people.  

Just now, broken one said:

Westeros needs dragons to leash all the lords. Enforce Aegon's V reforms. And even go further :commie:

I would be interested to know what those reforms were.  Was he thinking of taking lands from the nobles and distributing them out to the people?  That would get little support from the ruling class.  It's the right thing to do though.  This is Dunk's influence on Aegon V kicking in.

On 2/22/2019 at 10:29 PM, nyser1 said:

1. Tommen - Killed by Varys,
Like many others, I think Cersei will be the unwitting culprit. If not her, then it'll be the Dornish. 

2. Myrcella - Killed in Dorne.
The Dornish will want the pleasure of killing her. They want to max their damage to house Lannister.

3. Stannis Baratheon - Pyrrhic victory in the Battle for the Ice.
I think he'll end up walking into WF and then resume the story at the wall. And find Shireen has burned. He dies fighting the 'others'.

4. Shireen Baratheon - Burned by Selyse to try to ressurrect her dead father.
Burned by the much misguided Melisandre.

5. Aegon/Young Griff - Killed in a wildfire event orchestrated by Cersei and/or her cronies.
Yeah I think so too. "Let him be king of nought but ashes etc.

6. Dany - Heading to Westeros.
On DS.

7. Edric Storm - Discovered in Lys. Will return to Westeros in ADOS and will be legitimized, head of house Baratheon.
I think he'll resurface towards the end of the story to contest SE.

8.  Jon Snow - in the North. Resurrected by Melisandre after Stannis is dead/Shireen has been burnt.
Resurrected, he watches the wall fall and heads to WF.

25 minutes ago, Victor Newman said:

I would be interested to know what those reforms were.  Was he thinking of taking lands from the nobles and distributing them out to the people? 

Wish I knew. I do not think they were so radical. Maybe he granted peasantry right to use lords' pastures and forests to some extent or tried to even legal position of nobility and common folk a bit, by replacing lords judiciary with state/king judiciary?

Anyway, imo Dany resembles Egg. I wonder what happens when she finds, that in the idyllic Westeros factual position of peasants does not differ much from position of slaves :)

On 2/22/2019 at 11:29 PM, nyser1 said:

Tommen Baratheon: Be alive and sheltered in KL and has no clue of anything going outside of the RK

Myrcella Baratheon: Dead- there are somemuch reasons for her to be killed:

- Aegon could kill her on her little boat trip

-Doran proves his loyalty towards Aegon and executes her

-Myrcella is not trustworthy and is replaced with a much more silent Rosamund

-Shes already replaced by Rosamund

-Stannis/Shireen: Winterfell is going to be a Stalingrad without any winner but alot of deaths. After Stannis death Shireen is killed (maybe Selyse Melisandre or a unloyal guard)

Aegon: Hes going to march to KL and we will have a second BotB right at the beginning of ADoS

Daenarys: She will not die (at least not in WoW), but she want be flying to Westeros. Not until the whole Meeren mess she gad made is cleaned up

Edric: We dont have much Infomation on him (I could see him fullfilling his fathers dream abd becoming a sellsword)

Archived