TTTNE 475 - for the Honour of Greyskull!

felice

10 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

What's the story behind your character?

Bugs Bunny helped me get through childhood without nightmares. I discovered that if I introduced Bugs into any dream (day or night) the situation became unscary. How I figured out to do that while dreaming, I have no clue. Never the less, I'm grateful to Bugs for that.

It’s Courtney Gripling from the Nickelodeon cartoon As Told By Ginger, which was one of my absolute favorite cable channel cartoons as a kid. 

Awww, That’s really sweet. 

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Old Czech cartoon! Old Czech, Slovak and Polish cartoons used to be very popular here. Krtek means a small mole. He is adorable and only ever says short words, like Yeeeeey! Or Ahoj!

We had that here too, under the name Kisvakond (Little Mole). I don’t think I watched the cartoon but there were children’s books about his adventures and an elementary school mathematics competition featuring him. 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

It’s Courtney Gripling from the Nickelodeon cartoon As Told By Ginger, which was one of my absolute favorite cable channel cartoons as a kid. 

We had that here too, under the name Kisvakond (Little Mole). I don’t think I watched the cartoon but there were children’s books about his adventures and an elementary school mathematics competition featuring him. 

I didn't recognise your character either. I just remember you had that avatar before.

We had books too, I think some are still in the valonqar's room. Little mole is adorable.

Here he is looking for chamomile, also for @honeyed chicken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id06roRYwwA

16 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

We have a topic now! I am sure you have a cartoon character you like! ;)

Come on, choose something before I do it for you, because if I do, you probably won't like it. :P

Oh a cartoon character?, I always liked him a lot :D.

13 hours ago, felice said:

Mole! Haven't seen that in decades...

There's always this...

The link doesn’t work says blocked in EU, guess there will be a plus point to Brexit after all :P.

New day, new cartoon avatar. 

Ugh, men. :tantrum: I get that they want to relive their 20s in their 50s because now they can afford all the extravagant shit they couldn’t 30 years ago, but does that trump the life experience and alleged wisdom they acquired in those 30 years? I admittedly don’t understand the thrill of driving, but is it honestly a good idea to speed on icy roads in the middle of nowhere? Whatever happened hunting and international sports events and champagne tasting and other non-life-threatening but still status-symbolic pastime activities? I am annoyed. 

25 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Ugh, men. :tantrum: I get that they want to relive their 20s in their 50s because now they can afford all the extravagant shit they couldn’t 30 years ago, but does that trump the life experience and alleged wisdom they acquired in those 30 years? I admittedly don’t understand the thrill of driving, but is it honestly a good idea to speed on icy roads in the middle of nowhere? Whatever happened hunting and international sports events and champagne tasting and other non-life-threatening but still status-symbolic pastime activities? I am annoyed. 

Oh dear what has happened?, hope no one has crashed!.

3 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Oh dear what has happened?, hope no one has crashed!.

No, they haven't even left for this trip, I just don't like the idea. I suppose I have to put my faith in them and believe they are sensible grown men who'll have fun but do nothing that would endanger them. 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

No, they haven't even left for this trip, I just don't like the idea. I suppose I have to put my faith in them and believe they are sensible grown men who'll have fun but do nothing that would endanger them. 

I’m sure they will be ok :).

2 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Oh a cartoon character?, I always liked him a lot :D.

The link doesn’t work says blocked in EU, guess there will be a plus point to Brexit after all :P.

I don't know him.

I am actually toying with the idea of visiting the UK (I want to see Scotland) this year, but I have no clue if one will need a visa or some such nonsense in a few months ... I have never travelled anywhere where there could be any problematic legal processes to enter the country.

Okay, I got over myself, my mother says I’m a worry worm. :dunno: I guess I am :dunno: 

Onto fun topics. 

Sister and I plan a trip after her final exams but we can’t quite decide on a destination. Option A is Amsterdam, B is Bruges and Ghent, C is Copenhagen and Malmö (no, I didn’t do this on purpose). Any opinions on any of these places? 

Regarding a visa, the process is a pain and expensive (depending on where you’re going of course). 

14 hours ago, felice said:

Oh, Mole is much older than Spongebob! I remember this one from school:

Cool! A kind of lucid dreaming, I guess?

Thanks for the link! I wish we'd had that cartoon when I was young. it reminds me a little of Pink Panther which was mainly non verbal - jazz music and cartoon working together (PP would have been my second choice after Bugs).

You know about lucid dreaming? I'm impressed. Back in the 80's a co-worker got into it and lent me a book about it which I read. I never tried all that hard to follow the book's instructions in how to do it intentionally. Oth, I've never been a good sleeper and tend to spend a lot of time in an between state of semi awareness that lets me control my dreams somewhat.

8 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Old Czech cartoon! Old Czech, Slovak and Polish cartoons used to be very popular here. Krtek means a small mole. He is adorable and only ever says short words, like Yeeeeey! Or Ahoj!

Way older than the underwater yellow brick nonsense. :P

I am surprised you know him, I thought he was only popular in Europe. I don't remember seeing the one you linked. I remember there being an episode where he drives a car, and one where he searches for chamomille.

"underwater yellow brick nonsense" :rofl:

7 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Cool!

Thanks!

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

What was it Maester Aemon said to Jon Snow, "Kill the boy and let the man be born."? Easier said than done. :)

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I hope they'll be safe.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I don't know him.

I am actually toying with the idea of visiting the UK (I want to see Scotland) this year, but I have no clue if one will need a visa or some such nonsense in a few months ... I have never travelled anywhere where there could be any problematic legal processes to enter the country.

I want to go to Scotland, but Mrs. Chicken wants to go to Armenia . . . :dunno:

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Okay, I got over myself, my mother says I’m a worry worm. :dunno: I guess I am :dunno: 

Onto fun topics. 

Sister and I plan a trip after her final exams but we can’t quite decide on a destination. Option A is Amsterdam, B is Bruges and Ghent, C is Copenhagen and Malmö (no, I didn’t do this on purpose). Any opinions on any of these places? 

Regarding a visa, the process is a pain and expensive (depending on where you’re going of course). 

"worry worm" :) What are the words for that in Hungarian (your native tongue)? just curious what the phrase would look & sound like.

2 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

"worry worm" :) What are the words for that in Hungarian (your native tongue)? just curious what the phrase would look & sound like.

There isn’t really an expression for that in Hungarian. Well maybe majré mókus but hardly anybody uses it and that was translated from Scardy Squirrel. (And it sounds rather disgusting: mahy-rae mow-koosh) 

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Onto fun topics. 

I've been to A) and b) and loved them all. I probably liked b's a little bit more, but Amsterdam is also beautiful.

Oh....Rugrats!

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

There isn’t really an expression for that in Hungarian. Well maybe majré mókus but hardly anybody uses it and that was translated from Scardy Squirrel. (And it sounds rather disgusting: mahy-rae mow-koosh) 

Thanks! How did you come across "worry worm"? That's not a very common expression in English, but it's a good one. I like it better than "worry wart" which is used more often.

7 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I don't know him.

He’s a genetically modified lab mouse with huge intellect that tries to take over the world :D.

47 minutes ago, honeyed chicken said:

Thanks! How did you come across "worry worm"? That's not a very common expression in English, but it's a good one. I like it better than "worry wart" which is used more often.

I have no idea :dunno:  heard or read it somewhere and it got stuck in my mind? :dunno: 

Awwwwwhaaaaaahaaaaaaa :bawl: stupid oscars... I’m kinda in that shitty girlfriend mood, you know, I didn’t expect anything for Valentine’s Day but I’m still annoyed and disappointed I didn’t get anything. Well, at least Jason Momoa and Emilia Clarke had a reunion. 

23 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I am surprised you know him, I thought he was only popular in Europe.

I'm not sure if it was ever broadcast on TV here, but it was definitely shown to kids at more than one school back in the day. It might have been part of a deliberate attempt to expose us to material from other parts of the world, or it might just have been something they were able to acquire cheap!

15 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

Thanks for the link! I wish we'd had that cartoon when I was young. it reminds me a little of Pink Panther which was mainly non verbal - jazz music and cartoon working together

Yeah, that has a similar cross-cultural appeal. Though not quite the same delightful innocence as Mole.

15 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

You know about lucid dreaming? I'm impressed.

I've heard of it, but have never been able to do it. Coincidentally, I've just been reading a book which deals with that subject, in a fantasy context - Jemisin's Killing Moon.

Archived