TTTNE 475 - for the Honour of Greyskull!

felice

56 minutes ago, Lady Olenna said:

I’ve never heard of this I’ll have to check it out! 

I haven’t seen this. I never finished ceg so maybe I should get on that. 

Little O is doing so well. He has a teacher that actually supports him this year and he has really done so well with her. His teacher last year pretty much bullied him. She was horrible. He’s doing well in piano and jiu jitsu/wrestling. We have a few neighbors that have kids in his grade and they come by on the weekends so he’s growing up able to play with his friends and that’s so awesome. I’m a proud momma for sure. 

I feel like ive watched Killing eve but I can’t remember? 

We have spring break coming up soon, is it the same over the pond? Any plans for break? 

What age did you start him at piano?, I started piano at 6 and guitar at 11, if mini Sith turns out to be musical I’d like to get her started by 5 or 6.

Then, when she’s 18 I might gift her an instrument I have that is very special and very valuable.

3 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

I’ve never heard of this I’ll have to check it out! 

Little O is doing so well. He has a teacher that actually supports him this year and he has really done so well with her. His teacher last year pretty much bullied him. She was horrible. He’s doing well in piano and jiu jitsu/wrestling. We have a few neighbors that have kids in his grade and they come by on the weekends so he’s growing up able to play with his friends and that’s so awesome. I’m a proud momma for sure. 

I feel like ive watched Killing eve but I can’t remember? 

We have spring break coming up soon, is it the same over the pond? Any plans for break? 

Aww I’m really glad to hear that! It’s really important to have nice teachers. They can inspire so much, and bad teachers can be quite destructive, unfortunately. Also great news about his little friends living in the neighborhood. I wish I had the same as a kid. 

As I’m no longer a student I don’t have any kind of spring break (except for the two unpaid red letter days for Easter which kinda conclude a long weekend) :/ do you have plans with little o? 

7 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Jane is basically the more polite, less vulgar elder sister of Crazy Ex. With a bigger emphasis on the importance of family, which I think you would enjoy.

Glad to hear Lil O is doing fine, I had no idea he plays the piano. :)

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Aww I’m really glad to hear that! It’s really important to have nice teachers. They can inspire so much, and bad teachers can be quite destructive, unfortunately.

DON'T PUT ANY MORE STRESS ON ME! Yes I know my lessons tomorrow will suck, why do you have to rub it in? :commie:

(That was not serious, in case it was unclear. But it is true that I am kinda freaking out about the two lessons that I have to hold tomorrow - in school for the first time! I so hope the kids won't make any problems. And my professor too, although that is kind of given that she will make problems because ... well, it is her. *grinds teeth* I am very much annoyed by that one.)

In the language school, the new semester is just starting this week, so it is particularly stressful, and two more courses start next week. Just today, I had the group that I already know from the last semester. It is almost all men, and they can be loud and overly talkative and active. It is the only group where I have to talk louder and calm them down sometimes and remind them to listen to the one that is talking. They sure work and are mostly interested and follow what I am talking about, but they can be exhausting.

But I am sure that is nothing compared to teenagers. *shudder*

Also, I have a BIG PRESENTATION that needs to be prepared for next week for the PhD program, so this and next week are full of stuff that needs to be done ... I cannot get a break. Probably not till ... IDK when, really.

Okay, nicer stuff? Today is Carnival/Mardi gras/whatever you call it and some people handed out doughnuts for free on the bus! And also some coworkers were all dressed up funnily at work. I was actually thinking about being a makeshift Pippi Longstocking, but then I didn't because I am a chicken and thought it would look stupid and nobody was going to dress up anyway and the guys in the course would take me even less seriously.

We got so many trick-or-treaters last weekend, but we did not even open the door. My father finds the holiday really stupid and trick or treating even more.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Jane is basically the more polite, less vulgar elder sister of Crazy Ex. With a bigger emphasis on the importance of family, which I think you would enjoy.

snip

DON'T PUT ANY MORE STRESS ON ME! Yes I know my lessons tomorrow will suck, why do you have to rub it in? :commie:

(That was not serious, in case it was unclear. But it is true that I am kinda freaking out about the two lessons that I have to hold tomorrow - in school for the first time! I so hope the kids won't make any problems. And my professor too, although that is kind of given that she will make problems because ... well, it is her. *grinds teeth* I am very much annoyed by that one.)

In the language school, the new semester is just starting this week, so it is particularly stressful, and two more courses start next week. Just today, I had the group that I already know from the last semester. It is almost all men, and they can be loud and overly talkative and active. It is the only group where I have to talk louder and calm them down sometimes and remind them to listen to the one that is talking. They sure work and are mostly interested and follow what I am talking about, but they can be exhausting.

But I am sure that is nothing compared to teenagers. *shudder*

Also, I have a BIG PRESENTATION that needs to be prepared for next week for the PhD program, so this and next week are full of stuff that needs to be done ... I cannot get a break. Probably not till ... IDK when, really.

Okay, nicer stuff? Today is Carnival/Mardi gras/whatever you call it and some people handed out doughnuts for free on the bus! And also some coworkers were all dressed up funnily at work. I was actually thinking about being a makeshift Pippi Longstocking, but then I didn't because I am a chicken and thought it would look stupid and nobody was going to dress up anyway and the guys in the course would take me even less seriously.

We got so many trick-or-treaters last weekend, but we did not even open the door. My father finds the holiday really stupid and trick or treating even more.

I could go on and on and on about how Jane was totally different from cxg (for the first 3 seasons anyway). But I won’t because wow. You really are freaking out. 

Relax, you’re a kind and friendly professional, you’ll do great at the language school and at your PhD presentation. Fingers crossed that the high schoolers will behave decently too. You’re an unknown person that should make them apply some level of self control, at least that used to be the case for my generation. Anyway, you have teaching experience, you had a younger sibling growing up, you’ve read some crazy sisterstories on the internet, you can do this, you can rock this! :commie: 

Tr—- you have trick or treaters on/at carnival in Slovene? :eek: never heard of such thing befor

1 hour ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

No?, link?.

Game of thrones season 8 trailer link

in case you haven’t found it yet. 

9 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Relax, you’re a kind and friendly professional, you’ll do great at the language school and at your PhD presentation. Fingers crossed that the high schoolers will behave decently too. You’re an unknown person that should make them apply some level of self control, at least that used to be the case for my generation. Anyway, you have teaching experience, you had a younger sibling growing up, you’ve read some crazy sisterstories on the internet, you can do this, you can rock this! :commie: 

Actually, an unknown person is not that much of a protection ... with high schoolers, I expect them to behave precisely because their usual (extremely strict and also male) professor is going to be there, and they surely have respect of him.

At the primary school - this is the one I have classes at today - they don't have such fear of their own teacher and I fear that 13-year-olds will just be the worst. At least I expect the 10-year-olds to participate, that is what I saw the last time I was just visiting.

Having a younger sibling is not a recommendation at all. :P

Also, Jane and CXG are different according to the content, but similar in that they like to play with styles and narrative tropes and they parody them.

Tr—- you have trick or treaters on/at carnival in Slovene? :eek: never heard of such thing befor

I honestly had no idea that was such a special thing. I thought Halloween was a weird time to do it, it is mostly done here at Carnival.

2 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

So at least in my place today is the funeral of the sardine, when King Carnestoltes of Carnival dies. 

I have heard of the burning of the Carnival. People made a puppet of the personification of the Carnival, blamed it for all their problems, and then burned it down on Ash Wednesday (today). Kind of like blaming Pod, only on Carnival.

But sardine funeral is news to me.

Also, I survived two classes of the placement, the two at a primary school. Ten-year-olds were the worst ... but I survived. As far as I am concerned, the rest will be much easier - the next two days.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I have heard of the burning of the Carnival. People made a puppet of the personification of the Carnival, blamed it for all their problems, and then burned it down on Ash Wednesday (today). Kind of like blaming Pod, only on Carnival.

But sardine funeral is news to me.

Yes, I think that the big sardine is the personification of Carnival on Ash Wednesday. I've never understood it properly.  I think that King Carnestoltes becomes a Big Sardine this Wednesday I think, and then there is a  parade/funeral of the sardine/King, and people eat sardines.

8 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Actually, an unknown person is not that much of a protection ... with high schoolers, I expect them to behave precisely because their usual (extremely strict and also male) professor is going to be there, and they surely have respect of him.

At the primary school - this is the one I have classes at today - they don't have such fear of their own teacher and I fear that 13-year-olds will just be the worst. At least I expect the 10-year-olds to participate, that is what I saw the last time I was just visiting.

Having a younger sibling is not a recommendation at all. :P

Also, Jane and CXG are different according to the content, but similar in that they like to play with styles and narrative tropes and they parody them.

I honestly had no idea that was such a special thing. I thought Halloween was a weird time to do it, it is mostly done here at Carnival.

Ah see. Well is there any chance that you’ll be the breath of fresh air compared to the strict teacher and they’ll like you? 

Yeah, I think I was my most annoying self at 13-4. 

Well a younger sibling is quite the ride. I had a huge with sister today. I feel awful about it (because she hurt my feelings and she is wrong and I hate being on bad terms with her after being on good for such a solid period of time), but I guess I just need to wait for both of us to calm down and recollect before I initiate making peace (because who else would?).... 

I’m sure nobody here does any trick or treat at any time of the year, that’s why it sounds so weird to me. 

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Ah see. Well is there any chance that you’ll be the breath of fresh air compared to the strict teacher and they’ll like you? 

Well a younger sibling is quite the ride. I had a huge with sister today. I feel awful about it (because she hurt my feelings and she is wrong and I hate being on bad terms with her after being on good for such a solid period of time), but I guess I just need to wait for both of us to calm down and recollect before I initiate making peace (because who else would?).... 

I’m sure nobody here does any trick or treat at any time of the year, that’s why it sounds so weird to me. 

No clue. I don't really care if high schoolers like me or not, TBH. As long as they don't disrupt the whole lesson, it'll be fine.

Actually, the 10-year-olds were the worst today. So loud. Some of them also disruptive. Mostly, they didn't even refuse to participate - actually, some of them participated so eagerly that this in itself was disruptive. Just two or three actually didn't do their work. Obviously that is enough to ruin everybody else's concentration too. But some were just so loud with their (correct!) answers that some did not even have a chance to answer my questions.

The 13-year-olds were ... surprisingly okay. And the professor had surprisingly few complaints.

My valonqar and I are much closer in age than you and your sister, and I think this makes a difference. I have not seen him as "the kid" for some time now.

I am sorry about your fight with the sister ... but who are we going to argue with in life, if not siblings? That is what they are for. ;) I am sure you two will make peace soon.

21 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Game of thrones season 8 trailer link

in case you haven’t found it yet. 

Ooooo my favourite 2 characters :D.

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I'm sorry you had a fight with your sister, but it sounds like you guys are close really, and it could be worse, I'd have loved a brother or sister to fight with/shoot force lightning at when I was growing up.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

No clue. I don't really care if high schoolers like me or not, TBH. As long as they don't disrupt the whole lesson, it'll be fine.

Actually, the 10-year-olds were the worst today. So loud. Some of them also disruptive. Mostly, they didn't even refuse to participate - actually, some of them participated so eagerly that this in itself was disruptive. Just two or three actually didn't do their work. Obviously that is enough to ruin everybody else's concentration too. But some were just so loud with their (correct!) answers that some did not even have a chance to answer my questions.

The 13-year-olds were ... surprisingly okay. And the professor had surprisingly few complaints.

My valonqar and I are much closer in age than you and your sister, and I think this makes a difference. I have not seen him as "the kid" for some time now.

I am sorry about your fight with the sister ... but who are we going to argue with in life, if not siblings? That is what they are for. ;) I am sure you two will make peace soon.

Are you enjoying th teaching overall though?, also, I keep meaning to ask, what is your cartoon character?, he is kind of adorable.

Oh, you mean Grey Worm and Missandei? Sure, they are nice.

Are you enjoying th teaching overall though?, also, I keep meaning to ask, what is your cartoon character?, he is kind of adorable.

I like it with adults. It is not enjoyable to teach kids to me.

He is a mole, Krtek. I think I linked his cartoon a few pages back, the one episode where he looks for chamomille.

Here are a few of his episodes: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=krtek

Maybe Mini Sith would enjoy his cartoons! It is an old Czech cartoon, but they don't really speak, so language isn't an issue.

7 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Oh, you mean Grey Worm and Missandei? Sure, they are nice.

I like it with adults. It is not enjoyable to teach kids to me.

He is a mole, Krtek. I think I linked his cartoon a few pages back, the one episode where he looks for chamomille.

Here are a few of his episodes: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=krtek

Maybe Mini Sith would enjoy his cartoons! It is an old Czech cartoon, but they don't really speak, so language isn't an issue.

Drogon and Rhaegal :wub:.

Thanks for the link I will definately have a look and show it to Mini Sith too!.

And....I'm back. Oh my...sleeping 4 hours per day is nnot heathy....having exams that count 1% of the final  mark but that take you all of your night so as to be postponed some days.....not good either.

Ah, and I finally managed to organise my pictionary sheet. It took a couple of hours as well, XD.

@Bittersweet Distractor I've not been able to listen to your songs, yet. I wanted to do it in a calm moment, but just arrived at 22h today at home, and since then, I've only been having supper, Pictionary and responding to basic whatsapp messages. These last three days have been insane. 

My god, I still need to take a shower and go to sleep...

10 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I'm sorry you had a fight with your sister, but it sounds like you guys are close really, and it could be worse, I'd have loved a brother or sister to fight with/shoot force lightning at when I was growing up.

Well we’ve come a long way in terms of being close, I guess that’s why it affected me so much. Well, I hope she’ll calm down a few days. Thanks. 

11 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

:lol: well I’m glad the 13 year olds were fine. As for 10 year olds, I suppose overeager participating is still better than kids who just sit and stare at you with empty eyes when you ask a question or try to give them an assignment. 

Yeah, it’s kinda difficult for me to not see sister as “little” even though she’s taller than me. Which she hates of course. But as she matured (yes, in past  simple because that’s pretty much out of the window now that she likes a new guy), we really found a common ground. I mean, I don’t think this is the end of all, I just don’t enjoy fighting with her and because we haven’t had many serious fights in the past half a year, i suppose I just got un-used-to it. 

6 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

And....I'm back. Oh my...sleeping 4 hours per day is nnot heathy....having exams that count 1% of the final  mark but that take you all of your night so as to be postponed some days.....not good either.

Ah, and I finally managed to organise my pictionary sheet. It took a couple of hours as well, XD.

@Bittersweet Distractor I've not been able to listen to your songs, yet. I wanted to do it in a calm moment, but just arrived at 22h today at home, and since then, I've only been having supper, Pictionary and responding to basic whatsapp messages. These last three days have been insane. 

My god, I still need to take a shower and go to sleep...

My god, this sounds rough. You need to rest and take care of yourself. I hope whatever caused this level of being busy,it will pass soon and you can get back on a normal human schedule. 

I had a ridiculous dream last night that resulted in my waking up traumatized ten minutes before the alarm. At least I didn’t hit snooze 3 times, had time to exercise and have a matcha latte and spent the morning laughing at myself and my ridiculous dream. 

I dreamed that the highschoolers' lesson went terribly wrong. It was a nightmare.

Cannot wait for this to be over. Two more days at schools.  (This time, then I'll do a second round at some point again.)

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I dreamed that the highschoolers' lesson went terribly wrong. It was a nightmare.

Cannot wait for this to be over. Two more days at schools.  (This time, then I'll do a second round at some point again.)

Inhala - exhala. It’ll be fine. You’ll be great. And then it’ll all be over and it’ll be weekend you’ll be (momentarily) free to relax and have fun and do whatever the heck you want! :commie: 

Archived