TTTNE 475 - for the Honour of Greyskull!

felice

9 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I ... assume? I have heard old stories of even more outlandish behaviour in ye olden times, so now we must be relatively tame.

I have no idea what any of these things reference.

Oh the old stories are true, embarrassing and brag worthy. Thank goodness there are no pictures. Well maybe.......

Well hello there at 5.49 in the morning. I’ve already composed a long letter of complaint to the college (the students of which won’t let me sleep and thus provide the opportunity for such productivity at 5am on a Saturday) 

I think I’ll give up trying to sleep and just have a nap some time during the day. I mean they refuse to shut up since 10pm. No reason for me to pretend I can sleep. Sad times. I even took those Valeriana sleeping pills. I guess that’s sort of placebo and doesn’t always work? Or maybe it was the alien coffee I drank yesterday morning. I don’t know what was in that shit but my blood pressure was out of the roof even at 5 pm. 

Im never up at 5.54, help me, what do people do at 5.54 in the morning? 

8 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I know it was a few week short ago now but surely you haven’t forgot that reference already? :P squirrel flu!

Oooooh you mean: I'm the little cough boy!

12 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

eta; I handled my first real client the other week, it was a great feeling of accomplishment!

Congratulations! This is big! You work for a law office now? :commie:

6 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

...just curious...do we have a new king and queen ...am i still chief lifter of leg...

No, there was no spamsmoot this year. Basically because of lack of people, lack of interest in both voting and being voted for, and lack of fluent spam flow.

So what we have now is an anarchosyndicalist commune or whatever it is those peasants say.

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Well hello there at 5.49 in the morning. I’ve already composed a long letter of complaint to the college (the students of which won’t let me sleep and thus provide the opportunity for such productivity at 5am on a Saturday) 

I think I’ll give up trying to sleep and just have a nap some time during the day. I mean they refuse to shut up since 10pm. No reason for me to pretend I can sleep. Sad times. I even took those Valeriana sleeping pills. I guess that’s sort of placebo and doesn’t always work? Or maybe it was the alien coffee I drank yesterday morning. I don’t know what was in that shit but my blood pressure was out of the roof even at 5 pm. 

What the hell are students awake for before 6 in the morning.

I am awake at 8 and wondering how. After the stressful week I had, I expected to sleep in till much later. But now I feel rested enough.

No idea what people do at that hour. Probably prepare for work if they are forced to get up that early. Yesterday I talked to a friend who has to get up before 5 to be in the workplace at 7 every day. This is a murderous schedule.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

I am awake at 8 and wondering how. After the stressful week I had, I expected to sleep in till much later. But now I feel rested enough.

No idea what people do at that hour. Probably prepare for work if they are forced to get up that early. Yesterday I talked to a friend who has to get up before 5 to be in the workplace at 7 every day. This is a murderous schedule.

smoking, talking and laughing loudly on the street. And they aren’t awake for anything in the morning, they haven’t gone to bed yet. It took sunrise for them to shut up and get the hell out of the street because obviously when it’s no longer dark it’s no longer “fun” or “cool” to be out on the street as it is just morning. There are no words for how much I loathe these college students. No respect whatsoever for other people, completely pathetic idea of fun, breaking actual rules and laws, and all this during their fully government financed studies in a university (aka government) financed facility. Like be effing grateful, spend your time studying, and let other people sleep. If you want to be loud in the middle of the night, do it somewhere you don’t bother hundreds of people, like in a pub or in an empty park or a car park or a tram station. The government isn’t paying millions for your education from my taxes so you dont vlet me sleep during and after a workweek, just get a grip, ugh I hate them so badly. /rant 

I went back to sleep for like three hours, didn’t do anything for me, wasn’t quality or quantity so I’m not even sure why I tried. 

9 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

greetings my friend Helena... i assume bruce is in ref to my cartoon dawg...nope he is Droopy Dog...not much like except in this photo...

yes SwmbO is my Number One...she has taken care of me ever since i returned from VietNam totally fucked up. she was 13 and did more to get me healed than doctors or family... and then gave me a place to hang out whenever i was in usa during the rest of my navy career...and now since i am an old fart she shares her home with me and ignores my faults...my grievous faults...hahahahahhaha

cheers to you, well done... :cheers:

to all of my spamily Ladies...y'all are just rocking your lives, families and careers...makes this salty old asshole proud to know each of you...

one day it is my hope to toast each of you in person...y'all need to come visit the wonderful southeastern usa...i shall show you a good time

:hat:

No, Bruce was in reference to my quote “nice to see me to see me nice” was a famous catchphrase of Bruce Forsyth. Growing up I watched an awful lot of repeats of old gameshows which he hosted.

SwMbO is a gem, you should be proud

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Oooooh you mean: I'm the little cough boy!

Congratulations! This is big! You work for a law office now? :commie:

No, there was no spamsmoot this year. Basically because of lack of people, lack of interest in both voting and being voted for, and lack of fluent spam flow.

So what we have now is an anarchosyndicalist commune or whatever it is those peasants say.

No, well, sort of. I’m still studying to qualify as a solicitor, but the university has a free legal advice clinic you can be a part of. Clients come in with their issue and these are referred to students to deal with. For insurance/liability reasons all work is approved by your supervisor (who is a fully qualified solicitor) before going out to the client, but for all intents and purposes I handled the case alone  :) 

And, even if I do say so myself, I did a pretty brilliant job

15 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Yes. I will be qualified to apply for jobs in public schools and some other organisations.

Is Russian your fiancée's native language? I am sure she would appreciate at least the effort from you.

I had a discussion about it with the supernatural entity about this once. We both agreed that if we were to be more serious, I would kind of expect him to learn my language at least well enough to communicate about simple things with my family members who don't know any other language. He agreed. I think it is a basic thing of respect between partners that one learns the language of the other, if they have different native languages.

That is a good opportunity for Mini Sith! Bilingual children are very lucky.

Is this ... an announcement that there will be Mini Sith 2 in the foreseeable future? :o;)  

I enjoy teaching adults at the language school enough for now. :) And well, I do want to earn money! I don't get any for my own studies, and if I only did that, I would end up with no job experience and a completely unnecessary PhD, so basically unemployable. Cannot do that with my life.

Have you looked in the cupboard in the corner?

No idea, who are you looking for?

No idea. But welcome back!

No.

I ... assume? I have heard old stories of even more outlandish behaviour in ye olden times, so now we must be relatively tame.

I have no idea what any of these things reference.

Yes Russian is her native language but she is completely fluent in 4 languages!, she has a real talent for them and she knows I don’t, I have tried to learn a bit but I find it really hard and she’s cool about it and accepts it, I’m sad in a way though because I will feel stupid when her and our daughter can talk to each other in another language and I can’t understand :(, but me being able to speak Russian is about as likely as her learning to read music.

Also it is indeed an announcement that we want to have a little brother or sister for Mini Sith, we don’t want a big age gap and after growing up as an only child I really don’t want that for her.

The best bit is my fiancée gets to do the hard part this time!.

14 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

:commie:and to you, lady flower! Who run the world? SQUIRRELS!

*bad cheesy music time*

Sorry @Bittersweet Distractor, I will link some actual music later in penance 

:wub: hey sniffer. Nice to see you, to see you nice (ehhhhh, Bruce!) Hope things are well with you.

Number One Niece is awesome btw, big thanks to her for liaising with you over Christmas :)

eta; I handled my first real client the other week, it was a great feeling of accomplishment!

Meh I’m not that bad I don’t hate cheesy bad music in general, I don’t have a problem with the Spice Girls, my fiancée has George Ezras album, now that is truly unforgivable!, she has the worst taste in music ever but I love her anyway :wub:.

Congrats on the first client!, what did you have to do for them?.

6 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yes, that was the most advisable idea. It's unbelievable they are doing this so often. I'm sorry.

2 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Meh I’m not that bad I don’t hate cheesy bad music in general, I don’t have a problem with the Spice Girls, my fiancée has George Ezras album, now that is truly unforgivable!, she has the worst taste in music ever but I love her anyway :wub:.

Congrats on the first client!, what did you have to do for them?.

It was just a one-off advice session but it ended up being a pretty huge enquiry. Without going into specifics, they came in with a rather vague, general business enquiry (structure, management etc.) because they have only recently set up the business. So we did a bit of research, looked at the documents they had etc. and there was...well there were a lot of issues let’s just say. So what was initially just a general enquiry led to a pretty massive advice session. Because of the nature of the course, we don’t have time to take on a long-term case, so we provided her what we couldnand signposted her to the appropriate bodies to get further help. 

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

No, well, sort of. I’m still studying to qualify as a solicitor, but the university has a free legal advice clinic you can be a part of. Clients come in with their issue and these are referred to students to deal with. For insurance/liability reasons all work is approved by your supervisor (who is a fully qualified solicitor) before going out to the client, but for all intents and purposes I handled the case alone  :) 

And, even if I do say so myself, I did a pretty brilliant job

This sounds like an excellent way for students to get experience, I am sure it will be much easier to apply for actual jobs because of it. Congratulations on the job well done! :commie: I never doubted you are good at what you do.

4 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Yes Russian is her native language but she is completely fluent in 4 languages!, she has a real talent for them and she knows I don’t, I have tried to learn a bit but I find it really hard and she’s cool about it and accepts it, I’m sad in a way though because I will feel stupid when her and our daughter can talk to each other in another language and I can’t understand :(, but me being able to speak Russian is about as likely as her learning to read music.

As the resident language teacher of this thread, I am going to seize this educational moment and an opportunity to be a smartass about it, and assure you that "I have no talent for learning languages" is a pishposh excuse. :P Seriously, barring some really hopeless cases, everybody is capable  of learning at least the basics of another language. There is absolutely no need to feel stupid, I mean everybody would feel a bit unsure and not smart enough when they are faced with a situation where they are not able to articulate their thoughts in a language, but hey, that is when you continue learning and you will be able to do it tomorrow! :)

And your daughter learning to talk is an absolutely perfect opportunity for you to learn alongside her! Obviously an adult person won't start talking to a child in a very complicated language either, so just listen to their talk in the beginning and you will pick some up just like the child will. No need to even try to figure out the grammar rules and the writing system at that point, the child also starts just by remembering the most common words for concrete objects and actions. And when we talk to children to teach them, we talk slowly, loudly, clearly and with lots of repetition - which is ideal for somebody to learn.

Actually, bilingual children usually go through a phase where they cannot differentiate between the two languages. When they start talking, they start by mixing the two languages, often even inside one sentence. Only later they realise they have to separate them. So it is likely that your daughter will talk a mixture of the two languages at some point.

/This was your daily dose of smartass teacher-mode Buck, so feel free to tell me off

4 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Also it is indeed an announcement that we want to have a little brother or sister for Mini Sith, we don’t want a big age gap and after growing up as an only child I really don’t want that for her.

The best bit is my fiancée gets to do the hard part this time!

Good luck! :)

Wow, you sound like my mom :lol: :commie:  (not it a bad way, in a way that she is a language teacher too and says professional stuff like that too)  joke aside, you sound like an expert. 

I just a funny and striking revelation. Sister and I are talking again and I just realized I don’t think I’ve had a conversation with sister in the past 4 years that would pass the bechdel test, should I ever write her life into a Netflix teen drama. 

On 3/9/2019 at 2:28 PM, Buckwheat said:

This sounds like an excellent way for students to get experience, I am sure it will be much easier to apply for actual jobs because of it. Congratulations on the job well done! :commie: I never doubted you are good at what you do.

As the resident language teacher of this thread, I am going to seize this educational moment and an opportunity to be a smartass about it, and assure you that "I have no talent for learning languages" is a pishposh excuse. :P Seriously, barring some really hopeless cases, everybody is capable  of learning at least the basics of another language. There is absolutely no need to feel stupid, I mean everybody would feel a bit unsure and not smart enough when they are faced with a situation where they are not able to articulate their thoughts in a language, but hey, that is when you continue learning and you will be able to do it tomorrow! :)

And your daughter learning to talk is an absolutely perfect opportunity for you to learn alongside her! Obviously an adult person won't start talking to a child in a very complicated language either, so just listen to their talk in the beginning and you will pick some up just like the child will. No need to even try to figure out the grammar rules and the writing system at that point, the child also starts just by remembering the most common words for concrete objects and actions. And when we talk to children to teach them, we talk slowly, loudly, clearly and with lots of repetition - which is ideal for somebody to learn.

Actually, bilingual children usually go through a phase where they cannot differentiate between the two languages. When they start talking, they start by mixing the two languages, often even inside one sentence. Only later they realise they have to separate them. So it is likely that your daughter will talk a mixture of the two languages at some point.

/This was your daily dose of smartass teacher-mode Buck, so feel free to tell me off

Good luck! :)

Yeah maybe I should try to learn a bit when she starts talking to Mini Sith in Russian, she has tried to teach me a bit before, I can speak very basic Spanish but I'm very out of practice!.

7 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Yeah maybe I should try to learn a bit when she starts talking to Mini Sith in Russian, she has tried to teach me a bit before, I can speak very basic Spanish but I'm very out of practice!.

Ah! Do you???!

On 3/9/2019 at 4:16 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Wow, you sound like my mom :lol: :commie:  (not it a bad way, in a way that she is a language teacher too and says professional stuff like that too)  joke aside, you sound like an expert. 

That ... doesn't sound like a compliment at all. :lol: "You sound like my mom" is code for "stop nagging", no? :P

On 3/9/2019 at 4:16 PM, RhaenysBee said:

I just a funny and striking revelation. Sister and I are talking again and I just realized I don’t think I’ve had a conversation with sister in the past 4 years that would pass the bechdel test, should I ever write her life into a Netflix teen drama. 

Yay for talking to sister!

I blame Pod for people who sign up for a course at 7.15 AM and then don't bother showing up. :angry:

21 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

That ... doesn't sound like a compliment at all. :lol: "You sound like my mom" is code for "stop nagging", no? :P

Yay for talking to sister!

I blame Pod for people who sign up for a course at 7.15 AM and then don't bother showing up. :angry:

Generally but not in this case! it was actually a compliment :D 

who even organizes courses at 7.15? :( 

11 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Generally but not in this case! it was actually a compliment :D 

who even organizes courses at 7.15? :( 

Then thank you. :)

Well, apparently my language school does, when there is special request by the people who want to take the course. But it is not common. There are some that start at 7.30, but not many either. On Monday, I was the first one there, and only one teacher came for a 7.30 class. No idea how it is on other days. I sometimes have courses at 7.30, but on other locations.

Archived