TTTNE 475 - for the Honour of Greyskull!

felice

greetings spamily...just wanted to sniff through and see how shit was going for y'all...

i ain't a sister but i expect to get a best sibling badge...i am 3 of 10 after all who knows how to keep a sibling down  raise a sibling up better than me... ;)

On 3/13/2019 at 5:03 PM, Buckwheat said:

:rolleyes: You just say that because you don't live with him.

Everybody gets one, except if they are a brother. :)

as a beloved brother to 9 siblings i find this a questionable assertion,,,especially for a well rounded academic such as yourself, oh delightful Queen... :shocked:

On 3/14/2019 at 1:58 AM, Grand Moff Mithrandir said:

Hi Everyone:rolleyes:

Hey Mithrandir...we have been lacking the art of the mage...welcome home  :cheers:

On 3/14/2019 at 2:09 PM, The King in Black said:

Hey everyone. I'm really thankful for the feeling of comfort I got seeing how this merry community is doing well ! Fun discussions going on as always, wish y'all the best 

ah my brother...the KiB welcome back! we need to get together for a great cup of coffee and a slice of cherry pie... :cheers:

On 3/14/2019 at 2:17 PM, The King in Black said:

Hey ! How have you been? Yeah, in honour of Twin Peaks The Return, a show I absolutely did not understand but enjoyed greatly.

Never fear my friend, it was a show that defied understanding but i loved it as well...in fact i am of the opinion the "TV Brick" was invented just for us Twin Peak fans...i watched it as it happened in real time and i so wanted to do violence to someone...david lynch comes to mind...when it ended unresolved...

...but a dancing dwarf and a lady who loves her log still warms my heart...

:smoking:

10 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

WHAAAAAT? Will your snow cross boarders and come to us? 

Probably not. It turned to snow later in the day and there wasn't any snow left anyway.

10 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

We can always email the Night King. 

Use his official company address, he hates it when fans write him through gmail.

4 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

i ain't a sister but i expect to get a best sibling badge...i am 3 of 10 after all who knows how to keep a sibling down  raise a sibling up better than me... ;)

as a beloved brother to 9 siblings i find this a questionable assertion,,,especially for a well rounded academic such as yourself, oh delightful Queen... :shocked:

*hands Rocksniffer the Best Brother badge*

Hello Sniffer, nice to see you here!

31 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Probably not. It turned to snow later in the day and there wasn't any snow left anyway.

Use his official company address, he hates it when fans write him through gmail.

Oh okay. But that address is linked to his PA, isn’t it? I want to write the night king directly. Should I stalk him via Insta DMs? 

6 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh okay. But that address is linked to his PA, isn’t it? I want to write the night king directly. Should I stalk him via Insta DMs? 

Yes. What you should do is to set up an Instagram account using the name and photo of someone that went to his high school, then request  access to his private Instagram from the fake account. And then, well, send him a message on there, however it is called. What does DM even mean?

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Yes. What you should do is to set up an Instagram account using the name and photo of someone that went to his high school, then request  access to his private Instagram from the fake account. And then, well, send him a message on there, however it is called. What does DM even mean?

Oh my I should have known this song was coming. :lmao: I was basically begging for the reference. DM stands for direct message, I think. 

Tomorrow I have to teach seven school hours of classes ... and they added half an hour to that, even though seven is already stretching my ability to concentrate and follow what people are saying. Wednesdays are rough.

I hate everything about my work situation. I mean the work itself is fine, I like the people I work with and what I do ... but I hate the type of contract that I am on, the fact that employers are allowed to exploit workers like that and not actually employ them with a normal contract. I have a shitty schedule, no longterm stability, no chance of being promoted in any direction, my insurance and stuff is not covered, and obviously it is all no basis for ever becoming independent from my parents. Screw precarious work, which is apparently what it is called now.

Sorry for the negativity. It sometimes comes throuh.

/rant. Continue with your regularly scheduled spam.

20 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Tomorrow I have to teach seven school hours of classes ... and they added half an hour to that, even though seven is already stretching my ability to concentrate and follow what people are saying. Wednesdays are rough.

I hate everything about my work situation. I mean the work itself is fine, I like the people I work with and what I do ... but I hate the type of contract that I am on, the fact that employers are allowed to exploit workers like that and not actually employ them with a normal contract. I have a shitty schedule, no longterm stability, no chance of being promoted in any direction, my insurance and stuff is not covered, and obviously it is all no basis for ever becoming independent from my parents. Screw precarious work, which is apparently what it is called now.

Sorry for the negativity. It sometimes comes throuh.

/rant. Continue with your regularly scheduled spam.

That really sucks, and I totally understand what you mean by the work arrangement. I have a similar arrangement, with the exception that I don’t do crazy morning ours like you or have PhD studies to add to the workload, and that I like to capitalize on the flexible hours from time to time when the schedule of the week allows. I completely understand the frustration, it really doesn’t feel right to be stuck in a situation like this, and there aren’t very many alternative options. Is there any way you might get a stable job with an employee contract at a different firm? 

And never apologize for negativity, it’s suppressed emotions that cause illnesses.  If anything, letting the steam out is healthy. 

8 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

So I just had my hair cut, like 15 cm off. Now I realise that I have basically the same hairstyle as my mother, which was ... well, not exactly what I was aiming for. But hey, I guess it works.

Slowly, painfully, we are all becoming our mothers/fathers. What a depressing thought. Nope, one can absolutely break out of that pattern. Regardless of hairstyle. If you like it, that’s the point. 

It appears that extra hours and admin work are the new pink at my workplace. Spent four hours today printing stuff. These are the times when I’m happy I have two degrees and speak languages.  I should look for a new job. 

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

That really sucks, and I totally understand what you mean by the work arrangement. I have a similar arrangement, with the exception that I don’t do crazy morning ours like you or have PhD studies to add to the workload, and that I like to capitalize on the flexible hours from time to time when the schedule of the week allows. I completely understand the frustration, it really doesn’t feel right to be stuck in a situation like this, and there aren’t very many alternative options. Is there any way you might get a stable job with an employee contract at a different firm? 

And never apologize for negativity, it’s suppressed emotions that cause illnesses.  If anything, letting the steam out is healthy.

Well, my schedule is not flexible at all in the sense that I could move my hours around. The class is set, the schedule decided according to available rooms and according to wishes of customers, and then they just inform you when it is. It does move around every semester, depending on which classes you get, but once you commit to one class, you have to show up at the same time every week. I mean, it is possible to get somebody to substitute you once in a while, but I don't think anybody would tolerate it if you wanted to change your schedules constantly. Obviously you want to be absent as little as possible, because you are paid by the hour.

I am not at all bothered by a fixed schedule - I like it. I just wish the hours were more reasonable.

No, no firm like that has actual employment contracts. Actually, none of the things I am reasonably good at (and could get better at with more experience) and have some experience in - proofreading, literature translating, teaching adults - is likely to get me employed. Everybody in these fields has shitty contracts, it is a systemic issue. That is why I am trying to get the teaching certificate, despite the fact that I am sure (more sure with every step I make into that direction) that I just don't want to spend my life teaching children at a normal (public) school. But that is the closest thing in my field that actually even has relatively stable jobs.

I am sorry that you are also in a similar position. I thought your situation was better than that and you had an employment contract.

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Slowly, painfully, we are all becoming our mothers/fathers. What a depressing thought. Nope, one can absolutely break out of that pattern. Regardless of hairstyle. If you like it, that’s the point. 

It appears that extra hours and admin work are the new pink at my workplace. Spent four hours today printing stuff. These are the times when I’m happy I have two degrees and speak languages.  I should look for a new job. 

SOME SAY WE'RE ALL REPEATING PATTERNS TAUGHT BY OUR PARENTS, BUT THAT'S ... JUST ... nah, that's not a thing!

Actually, my mother said we do not have similar hairstyles at all, she said hers is even shorter. So that thought comforts me now.

I cannot even tie my hair back anymore, it is so short. I can barely tuck it behind my ears.

Good luck with a new job hunt.

oh i cut my hair more or less as short last summer and now it's super long and I am the point of thinking whether i should mantain till summmer or do sth. I thunk i will keep it long and longer.

as for the shitty jobs....i feel both of you. Sometimes I get very deppressed as well due to that and I just prefer not to think about.

..it is spring today.....!

20 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Well, my schedule is not flexible at all in the sense that I could move my hours around. The class is set, the schedule decided according to available rooms and according to wishes of customers, and then they just inform you when it is. It does move around every semester, depending on which classes you get, but once you commit to one class, you have to show up at the same time every week. I mean, it is possible to get somebody to substitute you once in a while, but I don't think anybody would tolerate it if you wanted to change your schedules constantly. Obviously you want to be absent as little as possible, because you are paid by the hour.

I am not at all bothered by a fixed schedule - I like it. I just wish the hours were more reasonable.

No, no firm like that has actual employment contracts. Actually, none of the things I am reasonably good at (and could get better at with more experience) and have some experience in - proofreading, literature translating, teaching adults - is likely to get me employed. Everybody in these fields has shitty contracts, it is a systemic issue. That is why I am trying to get the teaching certificate, despite the fact that I am sure (more sure with every step I make into that direction) that I just don't want to spend my life teaching children at a normal (public) school. But that is the closest thing in my field that actually even has relatively stable jobs.

I am sorry that you are also in a similar position. I thought your situation was better than that and you had an employment contract.

SOME SAY WE'RE ALL REPEATING PATTERNS TAUGHT BY OUR PARENTS, BUT THAT'S ... JUST ... nah, that's not a thing!

Actually, my mother said we do not have similar hairstyles at all, she said hers is even shorter. So that thought comforts me now.

I cannot even tie my hair back anymore, it is so short. I can barely tuck it behind my ears.

Good luck with a new job hunt.

Yeah, that really is bad. I generally have a 9-5 base for my schedule which often stretches 8-7. My hourly wage is... below the market average, but my daily fee (when I work with a client) is okayish. No cafeteria, healthcare, company phone or laptop or reimbursement for my phone bill, and ain’t nobody ever heard of bonus here. Whatever laughable effort they make to compensate us for the lack of these things is truly pathetic. They do pay my tax, give me the usual amount of holiday days and reimburse the cost of long distance work trips (train tickets, shitty accommodation) though, and I can have extra days off (that are unpaid obviously), home office and stuff so it could actually be worse. (actually it’s not even the legal or financial side that makes me want to quit so much, it’s the ethical shitshow they pull) 

The issue is the same as with your field, almost all companies in this industry are micro SMEs who will do anything to sustain themselves in a teeny tiny market by minimizing their costs and... optimizing (might be a politically correct word) their taxes. They achieve that by hiring their juniors (and all staff) with an individual entrepreneurship contract. A friend of mine works as a translator and says the same, so I suppose that must be a general issue for the field of interpretation and translation.  

Wow that sounds short! I wanted to have the ends chopped at my last visit to the hair salon too. Ended up with more than the ends being chopped.... oh well, I don’t think my hair will ever grow out to full length. 

28 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

oh i cut my hair more or less as short last summer and now it's super long and I am the point of thinking whether i should mantain till summmer or do sth. I thunk i will keep it long and longer.

as for the shitty jobs....i feel both of you. Sometimes I get very deppressed as well due to that and I just prefer not to think about.

Keep it, you’ll regret if you don’t. 

I do talk shit about my job all the time but I don’t mind it all that much, actually. If I did, I would already be out. I quit my first and second job very quickly too. I like the people and the projects I work on. I even like the clients. It’s just my company and its leaders and my pay that don’t like. (And that last part is going to be an issue soon as my other source of income will be terminated in summer)

On 3/21/2019 at 7:14 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Yeah, that really is bad. I generally have a 9-5 base for my schedule which often stretches 8-7. My hourly wage is... below the market average, but my daily fee (when I work with a client) is okayish. No cafeteria, healthcare, company phone or laptop or reimbursement for my phone bill, and ain’t nobody ever heard of bonus here. Whatever laughable effort they make to compensate us for the lack of these things is truly pathetic. They do pay my tax, give me the usual amount of holiday days and reimburse the cost of long distance work trips (train tickets, shitty accommodation) though, and I can have extra days off (that are unpaid obviously), home office and stuff so it could actually be worse. (actually it’s not even the legal or financial side that makes me want to quit so much, it’s the ethical shitshow they pull) 

The issue is the same as with your field, almost all companies in this industry are micro SMEs who will do anything to sustain themselves in a teeny tiny market by minimizing their costs and... optimizing (might be a politically correct word) their taxes. They achieve that by hiring their juniors (and all staff) with an individual entrepreneurship contract. A friend of mine works as a translator and says the same, so I suppose that must be a general issue for the field of interpretation and translation.  

Wow that sounds short! I wanted to have the ends chopped at my last visit to the hair salon too. Ended up with more than the ends being chopped.... oh well, I don’t think my hair will ever grow out to full length. 

I do talk shit about my job all the time but I don’t mind it all that much, actually. If I did, I would already be out. I quit my first and second job very quickly too. I like the people and the projects I work on. I even like the clients. It’s just my company and its leaders and my pay that don’t like. (And that last part is going to be an issue soon as my other source of income will be terminated in summer)

8-7 workday is terrible, especially if you don't get extra money for staying extra long.

I don't need a cafeteria, or even a company phone or laptop or whatever - as long as I can use the computer in the office occasionally. But I would very much like to have health insurance covered. This is literally the bare minimum to be an employer.

I don't have a set number of holiday days or anything like that, I am paid by the hour anyway.

The ethical shitshow - towards you or towards the clients?

Oh yes, I suppose with translation it is the same everywhere. With teaching, it depends on what school and what kind of education you are in.

You work two jobs and you are going to stop one in summer?

I got an offer to proofread something in summer, so I will earn something even when there are very few language courses.

On 3/21/2019 at 6:14 PM, Meera of Tarth said:

Eh, hair grows back before you know it.

Yay for spring! :)

I made pancakes for dinner, but I managed to burn my finger on the hot frying pan and it burns. :( Ouch!

On 3/21/2019 at 7:14 PM, RhaenysBee said:

First bolded. I know about payment issues, when it sucks. But I also think that getting along with people is something that doesnt happen always so when it doe sit's great!!:D

That reminds me of the source of income of my tutoring maths lessons (that now I can't attend for health reasons). But hey, the mother said they can wait 'cause the older sister got a B this time!

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Eh, hair grows back before you know it.

Yay for spring! :)

Yeah, too quickly sometimes!

Now I'm in that moment when I enjoy having long hair, while I miss having it cut, not having to use the hairdryer and these things.....

I made pancakes for dinner, but I managed to burn my finger on the hot frying pan and it burns. :( Ouch!

ohhhh maybe put some oil on it it works!

7 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Now I'm in that moment when I enjoy having long hair, while I miss having it cut, not having to use the hairdryer and these things.....

I never used the hairdryer even when I had very long hair.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

I never used the hairdryer even when I had very long hair.

I actually always dry it naturally since I got aware that it damages the hair but when it is half wet I end up using the hairdrier. If it's short it's just one minute (or nothing cause it's summer) but if it's long....I have a lot of hair and it takes its time, although not much.

also....I normally don't iron my hair bc it's prettymuch straight but when I do because I have a meetup/date I prefer it super flat, it takes a long time if it's long, lotsof layers and long ones...and it's tiring. Also for swimming I prefer ot short. But......once it's long I like it long. I say to myself....long is cool.and I can wear long ponytails, braids, and it being past my shoulders. It's the heat and having lot of hair that makes me want to cut it. And then I like it short aswell....but never abovr my chin.

43 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I actually always dry it naturally since I got aware that it damages the hair but when it is half wet I end up using the hairdrier. If it's short it's just one minute (or nothing cause it's summer) but if it's long....I have a lot of hair and it takes its time, although not much.

also....I normally don't iron my hair bc it's prettymuch straight but when I do because I have a meetup/date I prefer it super flat, it takes a long time if it's long, lotsof layers and long ones...and it's tiring. Also for swimming I prefer ot short. But......once it's long I like it long. I say to myself....long is cool.and I can wear long ponytails, braids, and it being past my shoulders. It's the heat and having lot of hair that makes me want to cut it. And then I like it short aswell....but never abovr my chin.

I wish I had curls! Don't really understand the appeal of ironing, my hair is straight as a ruler, and I wish it were a bt wavy or curly to make it a little bit more interesting.

Yesterday when I washed my hair, I felt like there was nothing to wash, because it is so short. Then I went straight to bed and now it points to all the different directions. Methinks maybe I would have to blow it dry and brush it into some form now that it is short ... :idea:At least that wasn't a problem when long, I could go to sleep in any position and lie down as much as I wanted, but the form stayed the same always (just straigt down, obviously). I hate using the hairdryer though, it takes long, is uncomfortable having warm air blown towards my head, and my hair gets greasy so much quicker after it.

I agree with all the pluses of short hair ... less hot in summer ... more practical for swimming, it dries quicker. It does not get caught into scarves/straps of bags and backpacks, which means a lot to me too. Also, it is not so annoying when it is very windy.

Happy weekend, spammers!

Hey everyone!, I hope you are all having a great weekend, mine has been terrible so far :(.

I had one of my best friends hen parties to go to last night and I was really looking forward to it, see some of my friends, have drinks have fun :D, but this girl who my friend works with was really horrible, she said that I shouldn’t have my baby because it isn’t right or normal for two women to have a child, it absolutely floored me and I burst into tears and just left, my other friends all called her out on it straight away but I just felt so overwhelmed and hurt that I had to leave, it’s not like me to not stand up for myself, maybe I should have got into an argument with her but I didn’t want to ruin my friends night.

Awwwww, Sidious. :grouphug: I am sorry. That annoying person was wrong and you have friends that stood on your side, which was right of them. Have Other-Mrs.-Sith and Little Sith give you an extra nice hug today.

Archived