TTTNE 475 - for the Honour of Greyskull!

felice

5 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

... already looking into the possibilities of applying for another type of a schilarship. There is no hope for me.

Aw, sorry. Hope you find another and better scholarship. :cheers: 

And again, you're like my mother. :lol:  Again, not in a bad way. It's just the similar amount of academic genomes in your DNAs. 

15 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

That sucks, Buck :( I hope you find another type, don't say there's no hope until you're sure.

Hello First, how is life? 

Hang in there Buck, I went through the 27th grade (PhD and JD) - get the education you need but don't overdo it either. :) I wish I had left the academy sooner.

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Aw, sorry. Hope you find another and better scholarship. :cheers: 

And again, you're like my mother. :lol:  Again, not in a bad way. It's just the similar amount of academic genomes in your DNAs.

:leaving:

39 minutes ago, GrapefruitPerrier said:

Hang in there Buck, I went through the 27th grade (PhD and JD) - get the education you need but don't overdo it either. :) I wish I had left the academy sooner.

Oh well now you tell me! :P

Not much to tell, I spent a career as a patent attorney (which I hated ) instead of a researcher (which I liked) because my company offered to pay for law school. I was an idiot to say yes.

16 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Oh okay. :D I mean, my statement was not meant as a question, I was trying for a sarcastic remark, but thanks for answering anyway. :) Welcome to TTTNE, I am not sure we spoke before. *curtsey*

School? I went through the 27th grade, clearly too stupid to leave!

On 3/27/2019 at 10:40 PM, Buckwheat said:

Disappointed. :( Scholarship refused.

:grouphug: I’m sure you will find a solution and end up doing something you love, or at least I really hope you do anyway :).

If anyone needs cheering up, I was doing some grocery shopping yesterday and there were these in the supermarket:

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/waitrose-small-easter-bunny/787189-680481-680482

I just had to get one for mini Sith and she loves it, as do I, her first hop hop!, she already is keeping it with her zebra and dragon toy so I think she has a new favourite :D.

31 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

:grouphug: I’m sure you will find a solution and end up doing something you love, or at least I really hope you do anyway :).

If anyone needs cheering up, I was doing some grocery shopping yesterday and there were these in the supermarket:

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/waitrose-small-easter-bunny/787189-680481-680482

I just had to get one for mini Sith and she loves it, as do I, her first hop hop!, she already is keeping it with her zebra and dragon toy so I think she has a new favourite :D.

Awwww a hophop for Mini Sith. So fluffy! 

Anyway, it’s quite impressive how much one can accomplish between 8 and 10am. 

I cant wait to get home to continue being productive. And I also have some work to do, but the past two days were finally light, so I’m really glad I get to do things other than work and eat and fall asleep during terrible home-makeover YouTube videos. Yay. 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Awwww a hophop for Mini Sith. So fluffy! 

Anyway, it’s quite impressive how much one can accomplish between 8 and 10am. 

I cant wait to get home to continue being productive. And I also have some work to do, but the past two days were finally light, so I’m really glad I get to do things other than work and eat and fall asleep during terrible home-makeover YouTube videos. Yay. 

I know!, I just had to get it for her.

Me and Mini Sith have been chilling together watching cute YouTube videos this morning!, I had to share this one:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p9ZFkOzIo3M

:wub:

13 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I have no idea what a 27th grade is.

No one does, it is like prison. You get a bachelors, and they hold you down and make you get a Masters, and then they put you in solitary and make you get a PhD. The worst is when they waterboard you and make you go to law school too.

(It is mean as a joke, I went to school for 27years, if you count kindergarten).

This is my 20th year in school in progress ... had a year's gap about two years ago, but, uh, came back for some inexplicable reason.

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Why am I running errands at 8am on a Friday? This is what’s being a grownup is? Is this the end? 

I slept in and now I am stuck at uni for the rest of the day, and it occured to me that I lack some stuff to accomplish some things I was planning to do right now, so ... a day lost. Also I finally got some instructions for an assignment (school internship) from a professor, but instruction is so unclear and lacking in details that it is useless. <_< Gotta love this faculty right here.

And my afternoon will be spent listening to uninteresting presentations and giving one half-assed presentation myself because ... mandatory attendance.

I realise I hate this additional program I am doing. It might make me slightly more employable, but ... in a field I just don't see myself in.

Well so much a about productivity. Workweek sleep deprivation + Giant hot pepperoni pizza for late lunch = falling asleep in front of one’s laptop and napping for two hours.... 

@Buckwheat ah damn. I’m sorry about the boring course. I know what it’s like to be in a study program you don’t enjoy and it majorly sucks. 

@Bittersweet Distractor That’s so cute. It makes me think of the Ugly Duckling tale.

Oh btw, what kinda baby/children’s books do you guys read to mini sith? 

27 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Well so much a about productivity. Workweek sleep deprivation + Giant hot pepperoni pizza for late lunch = falling asleep in front of one’s laptop and napping for two hours.... 

@Buckwheat ah damn. I’m sorry about the boring course. I know what it’s like to be in a study program you don’t enjoy and it majorly sucks. 

@Bittersweet Distractor That’s so cute. It makes me think of the Ugly Duckling tale.

Oh btw, what kinda baby/children’s books do you guys read to mini sith? 

I tell her the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise of course!.

Seriously though, favourites at the moment are a book of baby animals and The Gruffalo, she loves looking at animal vids on YouTube and tries to touch them on the screen it’s so cute!.

19 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I tell her the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise of course!.

Seriously though, favourites at the moment are a book of baby animals and The Gruffalo, she loves looking at animal vids on YouTube and tries to touch them on the screen it’s so cute!.

I’m just asking because every time I find myself in a bookstore’s kids section, I’m amazed by how many weird modern books there are and I can’t find any of the best, most loved kids’ books I used to have... 20+ years ago. The world is changing. 

So... I got about 4 hours of sleep last night, so I haven’t yet convinced myself to rejoin the living and do something with my life. 

All I have done so far was visiting the no packaging/zero waste store that recently opened 5 minutes from my house. 

It was an interesting experience. The store is obviously beautiful, very spacious, almost empty even, very Pinterest. They have lovely and overpriced glass and canvas containers you can get stuff in. Now my issue is that other than the trendy aspect, this store offered no more (in fact, even less) than going to either of the market halls in a 10- and 20-minute walking distance of this store. The market halls are in fact cheaper and offer more options (dairy products, meat, vegetables, bakery) and do so straight from the producer of these goods. It’s not just grains and seeds and spices in minimal plastic containers (to be fair, I would totally expect these to be glass as well) with no information on where they come from (the aforementioned market halls, producers or Tesco).

I don’t know. I’ll probably give it another go, and take some containers with me next time and see what I can make of it. There’s also another similar store, close to my previous flat (I suppose fate wants me to be more environmentally conscious), I’ll check that out too, maybe they have a drug counter where I can see no-packaging laundry detergent and cleaning products and decide whether I want to try these or not. 

Archived