TTTNE 475 - for the Honour of Greyskull!

felice

15 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Where is Little Sith going to stay? Is this the first time she will be away from her mamas for such a long time?

Mini Sith will be staying with her great grandmother who is greatly looking forward to it as they are the best of friends!.

We will both miss her terribly but we're looking forward to our honeymoon too, in the meantime I will be teaching my gran how to facetime :D.

1 hour ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Mini Sith will be staying with her great grandmother who is greatly looking forward to it as they are the best of friends!.

We will both miss her terribly but we're looking forward to our honeymoon too, in the meantime I will be teaching my gran how to facetime :D.

This will be quite an adventure for both of them. :)

52 minutes ago, Lady Olenna said:

Just popping in to say helloooooo! How is everyone doing?

does anyone still go to chat? 

Lady OOOOOO! Great to see you here! :)

We had a chat set up last weekend for the Eurovision, but I don't think there is still an IRC channel anywhere.

12 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

This will be quite an adventure for both of them. :)

Lady OOOOOO! Great to see you here! :)

We had a chat set up last weekend for the Eurovision, but I don't think there is still an IRC channel anywhere.

Yes it certainly will be an adventure for them both, I think my gran will be teaching Mini Sith some basics in the garden as she loves gardening and hopefully the weather will be nice!.

On 5/21/2019 at 8:28 AM, Buckwheat said:

I am yet to hear or read a positive thing about that season. 

Oh, there's lots of good things about it; plenty of impressive spectacle, aside from episode 3 which is just a blank screen and a bunch of sound effects. It's just that lots of it doesn't really make much sense. I suspect at least parts of it will play better in retrospect once we've been able to read the books and have certain characters' motivations properly explained. Though knowing where it's (probably) going will be somewhat detrimental to the reading experience, I think. They really should have waited till the books were finished before starting the show; maybe by then CGI would have gotten cheap enough that they could afford more than one shot of a direwolf per season.

Wait, the direwolves are still not shown? Eh, looks like I am not missing anything then. :p

Good mooooorning. Or a bad one, if you are up early and want to sleep longer, I guess.

I have 7 hours of classes today, but two courses finish today, so from next week onwards, I will have fewer hours to work. Hopefully no unpredictable random stuff comes up and I will finally manage to also write something for my dissertation.

On 5/20/2019 at 9:30 PM, Lady Olenna said:

Just popping in to say helloooooo! How is everyone doing?

does anyone still go to chat? 

Hi!!! How is life LadyO? 

On 5/20/2019 at 11:28 AM, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Well it might rain or be cloudy but I’m hoping it isn’t!.

Were going to a beautiful resort in St Lucia, 2 weeks of chilling by the pool or on a beach in a bikini, going on trips of what looks like an amazing and beautiful place, not to mention other newly wed things :leer:.

Sounds like a lovely trip! Hope you get to have the best time and some alone weeks from mini sith, just the two of you. 

On 5/20/2019 at 12:51 PM, honeyed chicken said:

:o

One would never know from these posts that we just passed a major milestone in the show that brought us all together.

That aside, hope you get over whatever malady is afflicting you, RB. 

Ehh don’t even mention it... *facepalm* I’m waiting for my other two funko pops stuck in customs to arrive and remind me of all the thing I did (and do still?) love about the show... 

I did, thank you. 

On 5/20/2019 at 8:19 PM, Buckwheat said:

Also, what's with the weather, I am looking forward to summer and all we get are those weird grey skies and rain and wind!

I know it’s such an unpopular opinion, but I’m so happy with this weather. I just really really enjoy the lack of disturbing uv index, sweating everywhere I go, smelling the boiling urine in the streets, extreme temp differences between aircon and scorching smoky city air. I also generally really like Autumn and that is what it feels like these days.  :leaving: I’ll go now and take a time out in the corner for being so mean to summer weather :( 

36 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I know it’s such an unpopular opinion, but I’m so happy with this weather. I just really really enjoy the lack of disturbing uv index, sweating everywhere I go, smelling the boiling urine in the streets, extreme temp differences between aircon and scorching smoky city air. I also generally really like Autumn and that is what it feels like these days.  :leaving: I’ll go now and take a time out in the corner for being so mean to summer weather :( 

Yes. This was uncalled for. Poor summer weather does not deserve such language. :P

Summer is great, short-sleeved T-shirts and short skirts for the win. :commie:

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Hi!!! How is life LadyO? 

Sounds like a lovely trip! Hope you get to have the best time and some alone weeks from mini sith, just the two of you. 

Ehh don’t even mention it... *facepalm* I’m waiting for my other two funko pops stuck in customs to arrive and remind me of all the thing I did (and do still?) love about the show... 

I did, thank you. 

Yes we are looking forward to some alone time for us, although by the end of it I’m sure we will both miss Mini Sith terribly!.

5 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Yes. This was uncalled for. Poor summer weather does not deserve such language. :P

Summer is great, short-sleeved T-shirts and short skirts for the win. :commie:

I’m sorry, I can’t help my opinion, all I can do is sympathize with summer weather. 

Ew. Summer is great for the 4 weeks, two of which you spend on holiday, the other two in the countryside. I also heavily dislike summer fashion, the options for client appropriate yet 30+C friendly workwear are terribly limited. And I’m not a fan of short skirts or shorts. (Not short) Flowy dresses, sure, but that’s what you only get to wear on vacation for the most part. God, I’m awful. Such a Scrooge to summer. Sorry, summer. 

11 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Yes we are looking forward to some alone time for us, although by the end of it I’m sure we will both miss Mini Sith terribly!.

I’m Sure she’ll have an amazing time with your gran. 

So I was just inspired to have a text message rundown of which GoT charactes are “worm” accoridng to sister. It was the funniest thing in the world. 

Results - in case anybody is interested 

Spoiler

Definitive Ranking of GoT Characters on a scale from worm to cute 

Daenerys - hugest Worm 

Bran - hugest Worm 

Roose Bolton- hugest Worm 

Arya - huge worm

Sansa - huge worm 

Varys - huge worm 

Littlefinger - huge worm 

hodor - literal huge worm

Lyanna Mormont - annoying worm 

Missandei - annoying worm 

Daenerys associates: Khal Drogo,

Viserys, Jorah, Grey Worm - worms 

Lysa - Worm

walder Frey - old Worm 

stannis - Worm 

Davos - Worm 

Shireen - Worm 

Loras - Worm 

Margaery - Worm

oleanna - fat old worm 

theon - Worm 

euron - Worm 

bastard edition: Ramsay, gendry - bastard worms 

Brienne - Worm 

podrick - Worm 

tyrion - Worm 

Robert Baratheon - okay 

Sam Tarly - okay 

Renly Baratheon - cute 

Ned Stark and Catelyn - cute

Wildling edition: Tormund, Ygritte, Mance - cute 

Daario - cute 

yara - cute 

Melisandre - cute

bronn- cute 

Oberyn - cute 

Drogon - cute (not his mother) 

Ghost - cute 

Night King - cute 

Baby Lannisters edition: Tommen, Myrcella, Joffrey - cute 

Jaime: very cute 

Cersei: very cute 

Talisa: very cute 

Jon: very cute 

the Hound - very cute 

Tywin Lannister: the bestest and cutest 

Robb Stark: the bestest and cutest 

Copyright - sister 

8 hours ago, First of My Name said:

On tv, with roommates. Even weirder than I'd imagined but I liked it.

Not the same as seeing it with a shadow cast performing in front of the screen and an audience who know plenty of callbacks, but there's a lot less of that happening these days. Glad you enjoyed it! You should give Shock Treatment a try - I think it's underrated.

On 5/20/2019 at 2:18 PM, Buckwheat said:

Where is Little Sith going to stay? Is this the first time she will be away from her mamas for such a long time?

The show didn't bring us all together, the books by GRRM did. :P

Honestly, I wouldn't even have noticed if it weren't for you people talking about it here and some on FB.

I mean ... there is really no next in the sense that I actually finished something and my life is going to change a lot ... the internship was just one of the things I am doing currently. I am still teaching at a language school and still have to write for my PhD (which I never find time for :( ) and other assignments for the teaching qualification.

And still ... I am not any more employed than I was. Sigh.

Hope you get a job soon!

eta: Wrt GOT's finale, (whoops, I better spoilerize this!)

Spoiler

For me, the ending was not bad. I know Linda went off on 43 minute youtube rant against the ending (which I did not need to watch and didn't). I don't care. I liked the ending - there just was too little going on for the amount of time they gave themselves. A third of the number of hours in that final season would have been plenty. Of course, some fans were already losing their minds that the season was only 6 ep.s, so they couldn't do 3 or whatever. Frankly, they just didn't have enough material for 6 hour plus ep.s.

On 5/22/2019 at 1:44 PM, RhaenysBee said:

I’m sorry, I can’t help my opinion, all I can do is sympathize with summer weather. 

Ew. Summer is great for the 4 weeks, two of which you spend on holiday, the other two in the countryside. I also heavily dislike summer fashion, the options for client appropriate yet 30+C friendly workwear are terribly limited. And I’m not a fan of short skirts or shorts. (Not short) Flowy dresses, sure, but that’s what you only get to wear on vacation for the most part. God, I’m awful. Such a Scrooge to summer. Sorry, summer. 

I’m Sure she’ll have an amazing time with your gran. 

Me too, I just hope she remembers us after 2 weeks :P.

18 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

Hope you get a job soon!

eta: Wrt GOT's finale, (whoops, I better spoilerize this!)

Hide contents Hide contents

For me, the ending was not bad. I know Linda went off on 43 minute youtube rant against the ending (which I did not need to watch and didn't). I don't care. I liked the ending - there just was too little going on for the amount of time they gave themselves. A third of the number of hours in that final season would have been plenty. Of course, some fans were already losing their minds that the season was only 6 ep.s, so they couldn't do 3 or whatever. Frankly, they just didn't have enough material for 6 hour plus ep.s.

Spoiler

I thought this season was poorly written and rushed, but yeah, I'm fine with the ending itself. I disagree that they didn't have enough material though, it was the opposite. They rushed through a book's worth of material in six episodes, I'm not sure how you think this could have fitted in less episodes when making shortcuts in the story to get where the characters needed to be faster was this season's biggest problem (looking at Daenerys here). 

19 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

Hope you get a job soon!

Eh, thank you. The job part is not that much of a problem to find. It is just the shitty state of employment contracts that are driving me desperate.

Archived