TTTNE 475 - for the Honour of Greyskull!

felice

24 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Shitshitshitshitshit. I overslept. I got dressed quickly and was at the bus stop in 10 min after waking up. Turns out the next bus only comes in 25 min. Daaaaamn. I should have been at uni more than half an hour ago.

Okay, bus just arrived, am on it. Hope the professor will be late too.

This is not soemthing I would ever be able to pull off. Hats off to you. 

And damn that’s annoying. Really sorry about the bus, hope you’re on your way. And I’m sure the uni will understand we are all human after all. Was this something particularly special or important you were late to? 

After yesterday’s thunderstorms and pouring rain the October weather continues. (For clarity, this is something I do enjoy, so for once I’m not complaining)

and I got up at 8:30. But I did deserve this little luxury after finishing work at 11pm last night. 

I still haven’t watched the Last Watch to the end because it makes me so terribly sad. But I will watch it tonight hopefully. Also, I really crave something alcoholic so I might have a little happy hour chat with a friend, if he’s available. Or just have a drink while watching the Last Watch. We’ll see. 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

This is not soemthing I would ever be able to pull off. Hats off to you. 

And damn that’s annoying. Really sorry about the bus, hope you’re on your way. And I’m sure the uni will understand we are all human after all. Was this something particularly special or important you were late to?

Thanks. No breakfast, bought something in the bakery by the bus stop ... because I had time while I was waiting for the bus then. They gave me the wrong thing, not what I ordered at the bakery. <_<

The professor was late too, because her car broke down. So with her, it was OK. Now I have to meet with another professor as well. but ... she is too busy? Eh, something. Cannot wait to finish this thing. The whole situation made me really annoyed today.

After yesterday’s thunderstorms and pouring rain the October weather continues. (For clarity, this is something I do enjoy, so for once I’m not complaining)

Everybody I talked to here hates the weather we are having. I am glad at least you are having fun with it.

I still haven’t watched the Last Watch to the end because it makes me so terribly sad. But I will watch it tonight hopefully. Also, I really crave something alcoholic so I might have a little happy hour chat with a friend, if he’s available. Or just have a drink while watching the Last Watch. We’ll see. 

Ohhhhh, he? Date night, eh? :leer: (Long time since this smiley was used, right?) Tell us. :P

On 5/27/2019 at 11:11 PM, Bittersweet Distractor said:

The San Pelligrino lemonade is pretty nice too :D.

It sometimes just throws a fit and doesn't start and acts all weird, it has happened a few times and shouldn't be happening to a 6 month old car, I have had some quite heated discussions with Land Rover already!.

Nooooope, nope nope, natural home made lemonade for me all the way 

i don’t know anything about cars but yeah nothing of that price tag should have problems after only six months. 

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Thanks. No breakfast, bought something in the bakery by the bus stop ... because I had time while I was waiting for the bus then. They gave me the wrong thing, not what I ordered at the bakery. <_<

The professor was late too, because her car broke down. So with her, it was OK. Now I have to meet with another professor as well. but ... she is too busy? Eh, something. Cannot wait to finish this thing. The whole situation made me really annoyed today.

Everybody I talked to here hates the weather we are having. I am glad at least you are having fun with it.

Ohhhhh, he? Date night, eh? :leer: (Long time since this smiley was used, right?) Tell us. :P

That sounds like a Classic Monday morning even though it’s wednesday. 

Keep calm and get through the day. :grouphug:

And yeah I’m loving the weather. #unpopular opinions for life 

No, definitely not date night, we just used to work together. 

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Your professor doesn’t have a car made by Land Rover too does she?:P.

Also I’m with you about Rhae going on date night with this mystery man :leer:.

48 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

:lol: That would be fateful wouldn’t it? 

no happy hour (especially date night) for rhae, because there’s a storm again and the former colleague (who has a girl friend, by the way :lol: ) isn’t coming uptown so rescheduling that is. 

I will however have a Skype call with my friend who lives in the UK so we’ll just do an online happy hour 3 hours after happy hour. :cheers: 

6 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I have no clue what kind of cars anybody drives, and the cars my professors drive are probably the least interesting thing about them. Or anybody, really. I really have no interest in cars at all.

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

no happy hour (especially date night) for rhae, because there’s a storm again and the former colleague (who has a girl friend, by the way :lol: ) isn’t coming uptown so rescheduling that is. 

I will however have a Skype call with my friend who lives in the UK so we’ll just do an online happy hour 3 hours after happy hour. :cheers: 

Have a happy happy hour then. :cheers:

I somehow got through the day after all. The afternoon course was nice, this group is very well-behaved.

52 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I have no clue what kind of cars anybody drives, and the cars my professors drive are probably the least interesting thing about them. Or anybody, really. I really have no interest in cars at all.

I somehow got through the day after all. The afternoon course was nice, this group is very well-behaved.

I ask because I've been having lots of problems with mine, so much so that it might have to go back!.

I'm glad your day improved :), mine has been quite stressful too, had to take future Mrs Sith to the dentist she had a terrible toothache come on yesterday, thankfully it's all fixed now although she had to have a root canal :(.

On 5/29/2019 at 9:06 PM, Buckwheat said:

Glad to hear the afternoon was nicer. How about today? Nice proper Friday? 

On 5/29/2019 at 10:00 PM, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I ask because I've been having lots of problems with mine, so much so that it might have to go back!.

I'm glad your day improved :), mine has been quite stressful too, had to take future Mrs Sith to the dentist she had a terrible toothache come on yesterday, thankfully it's all fixed now although she had to have a root canal :(.

Ugh. Hope she’s okay. Root canals sound so awful and scary. 

28 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I feel tired. Obviously it is my fault because I have no self-control and preferred to not go to sleep at the proper hour for the past few nights (was watching series until like 1 AM instead of going to sleep like a smart person). Now I feel terrible. I was supposed to teach this afternoon, but that class got cancelled - I would prefer to teach because that means the course will take a week longer and I didn't want that to happen, the kids won't be interested any more the longer the course goes on. Also, we have a picnic in the afternoon, and I was planning on going to teach and then joining the picnic, but now I am just going to school to meet others so that we might go to the picnic together (am joining somebody who has a car). At least, well, a picnic i s agood thing ... although with the weather we are having, I can only hope it is not going to rain. Everything will probably be muddy there because it was raining the whole week.

Yay for me, bringing positivity into this thread since like 2012.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

I feel tired. Obviously it is my fault because I have no self-control and preferred to not go to sleep at the proper hour for the past few nights (was watching series until like 1 AM instead of going to sleep like a smart person). Now I feel terrible. I was supposed to teach this afternoon, but that class got cancelled - I would prefer to teach because that means the course will take a week longer and I didn't want that to happen, the kids won't be interested any more the longer the course goes on. Also, we have a picnic in the afternoon, and I was planning on going to teach and then joining the picnic, but now I am just going to school to meet others so that we might go to the picnic together (am joining somebody who has a car). At least, well, a picnic i s agood thing ... although with the weather we are having, I can only hope it is not going to rain. Everything will probably be muddy there because it was raining the whole week.

Yay for me, bringing positivity into this thread since like 2012.

Oh this is me for at least half of every week. My bedtime is usually somewhere between 11-01 depending on when I have to wake up, but it’s not uncommon that I’ll waste my life till 1am even when I know the alarm will go off at 6. Tiredness sucks. 

Also sorry to hear about the course, as someone who is not very good at spontaneity I totally understand how much it sucks to have your schedule move around like that. 

We have an office picnic too. But it’s at the office so boo. It’s actually sunny and quite warm today, but we didn’t know this in advance. Oh well. I’m sure if we did it outdoors it’d be November weather. Have fun at your picnic and enjoy the weather! 

And please :lol: if you are negative, what am  I? :lol: you are a generally positive person. It’s quite understandable to be grumpy when you haven’t slept enough. 

Our picnic sucked. (no regrets about being negative, sorry) 

I feel lazy to do cleaning and tidying. 

And I have mutant flies in my home. All of you people across Europe (and the world), do you have these mutant flies too? Five years ago flies were these quick and annoying 5-10mm things. I haven’t seen a fly like that about two to three years. Flies now are 15-25mm disgusting drones that cruise around the house. They are huge, repulsive and hard to kill. Ugh. 

Painted my nails in the morning and trashed them in 15 minutes so I had to take it all off. 

On the upside. 

I have started watching Chernobyl because about 10 people already recommended it and there isn’t really anything else to watch anyway. 

I have finally found a way to style a blouse that looks awkward with everything and wore it today and loved it. 

I had some expensive ice cream and it was nice.

I have purchased a nice quality bag  30% off. 

I was a presenter at a conference yesterday and even though it was super tiring, it was a great experience and I have the name tag and the certificate to look at and be reminded of it. 

Currently repainting my nails because I have perseverance like that.

9 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Also sorry to hear about the course, as someone who is not very good at spontaneity I totally understand how much it sucks to have your schedule move around like that.

I knew about this a week ago already, doesn't make it better.

We have an office picnic too. But it’s at the office so boo. It’s actually sunny and quite warm today, but we didn’t know this in advance. Oh well. I’m sure if we did it outdoors it’d be November weather. Have fun at your picnic and enjoy the weather!

Picnic ... inside? Yeah, I don't think the person in charge of organising that knows what a picnic is.

And please :lol: if you are negative, what am  I? :lol: you are a generally positive person. It’s quite understandable to be grumpy when you haven’t slept enough. 

You might be the first and only person in my life who would ever describe me like that. :lol:

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Our picnic sucked. (no regrets about being negative, sorry) 

Sorry to hear that. Ours was lovely. Only a bit cold, but I had fun.

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I was a presenter at a conference yesterday and even though it was super tiring, it was a great experience and I have the name tag and the certificate to look at and be reminded of it. 

That sounds very adult and grand. What did you talk about? I probably won't understand if you answer, mind. :leaving:

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I knew about this a week ago already, doesn't make it better.

Picnic ... inside? Yeah, I don't think the person in charge of organising that knows what a picnic is.

You might be the first and only person in my life who would ever describe me like that. :lol:

Sorry to hear that. Ours was lovely. Only a bit cold, but I had fun.

That sounds very adult and grand. What did you talk about? I probably won't understand if you answer, mind. :leaving:

We did end up going outside, that was mainly why the event sucked. Nobody took anything outside, we just went to sit on the wet ground. And after you sweated through your shirt in the sun, the clouds would return and the pleasant 19C breeze would freeze your sweat soaked shirt. It was marvelous. 

Hmm interesting, I never thought you were a negative person. Why would people describe you as such? 

Just a project we did for one of our clients. Well it didn’t feel too adult or grand at all, each time where was a break I was praying that I would spot someone I actually know so I wouldn’t just stand awkwardly. I didn’t. But weirdly and magically some people came up to me to talk (for which I was indescribably grateful) so I didn’t end up just standing awkwardly after all.

On 5/31/2019 at 10:29 AM, RhaenysBee said:

Ugh. Hope she’s okay. Root canals sound so awful and scary. 

She’s ok, it wasn’t as bad as she thought, how are you liking Chernobyl?, I’ve really liked it so far.

1 hour ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

She’s ok, it wasn’t as bad as she thought, how are you liking Chernobyl?, I’ve really liked it so far.

Glad to hear that. 

Well, for the first two episodes, I was in psychological shock and I kept messaging everybody who suggested it to me about what a horrible suggestion it was. Then I took some breaks and watched makeup videos on YouTube and had chocolate and just tried to stabilize myself. Then I watched two more episodes and around 2:30 I was having some doubts about how I am going to sleep. I did dream but it wasn’t related to nuclear catastrophes so it ended up being fine. 

As for the series, I have mixed feelings. I want to finish it and give it a couple days to sink in before I form an opinion. 

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

We did end up going outside, that was mainly why the event sucked. Nobody took anything outside, we just went to sit on the wet ground. And after you sweated through your shirt in the sun, the clouds would return and the pleasant 19C breeze would freeze your sweat soaked shirt. It was marvelous.

Well ... that doesn't sound fun. I was cold too yesterday, turns out sneakers are not enough to keep you warm at the end of May?

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Hmm interesting, I never thought you were a negative person. Why would people describe you as such?

Because I very much am and act that way.

I am spending the day with my grandmother so she is not alone.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Well ... that doesn't sound fun. I was cold too yesterday, turns out sneakers are not enough to keep you warm at the end of May?

Because I very much am and act that way.

I am spending the day with my grandmother so she is not alone.

Yeah it’s quite funny that it was technically summer and you kinda still had to dress for October. Well it’s 26C now here so summer arrived. 

Oh well, I guess I’m just immune to noticing it as I’m negative too? :lol: 

That sounds nice, what do you like to do together? I remember I used to love talking to my grandma or doing some simply chores together. 

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yeah it’s quite funny that it was technically summer and you kinda still had to dress for October. Well it’s 26C now here so summer arrived. 

Oh well, I guess I’m just immune to noticing it as I’m negative too? :lol: 

That sounds nice, what do you like to do together? I remember I used to love talking to my grandma or doing some simply chores together. 

Summer! Summer! Summer! :commie:

Maybe, I don't know. Or maybe I just come across completely different online than I do in real life.

Eh, not much really ... I used to like that too, when I was little, but today I was mainly just keeping her company and did most of the kitchen chores so she wouldn't have to.

7 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Glad to hear that. 

Well, for the first two episodes, I was in psychological shock and I kept messaging everybody who suggested it to me about what a horrible suggestion it was. Then I took some breaks and watched makeup videos on YouTube and had chocolate and just tried to stabilize myself. Then I watched two more episodes and around 2:30 I was having some doubts about how I am going to sleep. I did dream but it wasn’t related to nuclear catastrophes so it ended up being fine. 

As for the series, I have mixed feelings. I want to finish it and give it a couple days to sink in before I form an opinion. 

I’ve found it really good, some of the scenes in it are great, plus it has this almost sci fi like feeing to some of it.

It was such a tragic event but also kind of fascinating to see unfold too, my fiancée has liked it too, she was born about a year and a half after it happened so it’s quite interesting to her to see the Soviet Union depicted in its last few years.

It has been summery here today too, it got to 26/27 here too.

Archived