TTTNE 475 - for the Honour of Greyskull!

felice

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

So we went from daytime max 13C to daytime max 30C in exactly 3 days. Gotta love global warming. I want my November weather back :bawl: 

It has been quite nice here today like 22c but it feels all humid and ugh, I fired up the ac for the first time this year.

53 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

It has been quite nice here today like 22c but it feels all humid and ugh, I fired up the ac for the first time this year.

That sounds rather pleasant! 

I’m dreading the AC season, but it’ll be here in another week. Short sleeved top and trousers already feel like an oven, so I’m switching to skirts/dresses tomorrow. 

9 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

No.

Are you so strict with your students too? :( 

25 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

That sounds rather pleasant! 

I’m dreading the AC season, but it’ll be here in another week. Short sleeved top and trousers already feel like an oven, so I’m switching to skirts/dresses tomorrow. 

I only use it at home when it’s either really hot or feels really humid, I only turned it on for a while today just to make the house feel nicer, but I tend to use it more in a car, especially as I stupidly picked mine with a black leather interior which feels like an oven to get into when you haven’t parked in the shade.

I’ve already switched over to skirts/dresses they feel so much more pleasant :D.

Also I think Buck strikes fear into the heart of her students, she is another Sith hiding in plain sight!.

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Maybe. :ninja:

I mean, they generally seem quite happy to have me as a teacher, take that as you wish.

Now let me enjoy my summer.

18 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I only use it at home when it’s either really hot or feels really humid, I only turned it on for a while today just to make the house feel nicer, but I tend to use it more in a car, especially as I stupidly picked mine with a black leather interior which feels like an oven to get into when you haven’t parked in the shade.

I’ve already switched over to skirts/dresses they feel so much more pleasant :D.

Also I think Buck strikes fear into the heart of her students, she is another Sith hiding in plain sight!.

It’s a little more pleasant today, nice 25C with sufficient amount of breeze and oxygen. I’m sure my AC is still broken and I won’t even have it fixed because it would mean opening the wall and replacing the piping. That’s not the kind of money I’m willing to spend at the moment. 

18 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Maybe. :ninja:

I mean, they generally seem quite happy to have me as a teacher, take that as you wish.

Now let me enjoy my summer.

I’m sure they do. Also, kids need discipline at school so I’m sure you’re also a very efficient teacher. 

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

:commie::commie::commie: Great news all around!

Do you want to share it? I

7 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

It’s a little more pleasant today, nice 25C with sufficient amount of breeze and oxygen. I’m sure my AC is still broken and I won’t even have it fixed because it would mean opening the wall and replacing the piping. That’s not the kind of money I’m willing to spend at the moment. 

I’m sure they do. Also, kids need discipline at school so I’m sure you’re also a very efficient teacher. 

I mostly don't teach kids. And when I do, that is when I am inefficient. I am more efficient with adults.

7 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Going to move for a semester in autumn. Also have planned some of my holiday, I am making a short trip at the end of July. It is going to be exciting.

19 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

That doesn’t sound like a good prospect!, 25c is nice though, it is nice here too but I think there might be thunderstorm later.

I also have news but I can’t share it at the moment, all I can say is there is lots of joy,happiness and excitement with us today :commie:.

On 6/5/2019 at 11:27 AM, Bittersweet Distractor said:

That doesn’t sound like a good prospect!, 25c is nice though, it is nice here too but I think there might be thunderstorm later.

I also have news but I can’t share it at the moment, all I can say is there is lots of joy,happiness and excitement with us today :commie:.

Well that in itself says a lot :D congrats to your happy news, I won’t say my guess, you’ll tell us when you are ready. :grouphug: 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Well that in itself says a lot :D congrats to your happy news, I won’t say my guess, you’ll tell us when you are ready. :grouphug: 

Thank you :), as soon as I can I will tell you.

I have too many work problems to count and they stress me out too much. 

I am supposed to have a week of vacation from this afternoon, but I am still working. (This isn’t one of my work problems, those are far more serious and long-term and doing overtime.) 

I’m so so so so so done and I’m so refreshing my cv and applying for jobs. 

On 6/7/2019 at 7:29 PM, RhaenysBee said:

I have too many work problems to count and they stress me out too much. 

I am supposed to have a week of vacation from this afternoon, but I am still working. (This isn’t one of my work problems, those are far more serious and long-term and doing overtime.) 

I’m so so so so so done and I’m so refreshing my cv and applying for jobs. 

You also need to learn to tell your boss no. :leaving: (I am still learning that myself.)

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

There is a loud party happening across from our flat the whole day already. It is somewhat annoying.

Oh I feel you. I absolutely feel you. 

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

You also need to learn to tell your boss no. :leaving: (I am still learning that myself.)

I can and I do, I agree that’s important. The issue here was something else (boring details described below). 

Spoiler

It was a miscommunication and general professional disagreement with another colleague, which resulted in a shit service proposal, which I offered to rewrite for a bunch of passive aggressive reasons and because I felt responsible for its being shit. My boss originally wanted the other colleague to rewrite it because I have(had) the week (and Friday afternoon) off.

Moral of the story for me: the job and your professional opinion always come first, never compromise in order to make somebody else (and their misguided ideas) feel included or to not undermine their (undefined) role and position.

Moral of the story for the company: always define people’s positions and responsibilities and roles in certain processes to avoid interpersonal tension and shit service proposals. 

Also, for some reason I feel like I forgot to say congrats to your semester abroad. If that feeling is correct: Congrats! :cheers:  

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. The Old Gods and the New, pleaaaaaaase send an acoustic system malfunction to these idiots.

I am seriously considering calling the police now.

There are plenty of families with small children living in the neighbouring buildings. I wonder how those are coping with it. And what hell they are going to be going through tomorrow, with tired children who haven't slept enough.

Archived