TTTNE 475 - for the Honour of Greyskull!

felice

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Also, for some reason I feel like I forgot to say congrats to your semester abroad. If that feeling is correct: Congrats! :cheers:  

Thank you.

I was looking into housing opportunities today ... yesterday, I mean. It is odd applying for student residences at the ripe age of 27.

10 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I feel so old.

And tired.

And lonely. And sad.

But at least it souns like the party might have ended?

Ah I’m sorry, it’s so very annoying when you can’t sleep from partying younglings. Also sorry that you feel sad and lonely. Will your semester abroad make you feel happier? You did enjoy Vienna a lot. 

9 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Ah I’m sorry, it’s so very annoying when you can’t sleep from partying younglings. Also sorry that you feel sad and lonely. Will your semester abroad make you feel happier? You did enjoy Vienna a lot.

I have no idea how old the people at the party actually were, TBH. As I mentioned, there are plenty of families with young children living in the new housing complex next to where the loud party was. There is not a lot of student/young and free population here, so I don't know where they came from, if they were actually younglings.

I don't know. Maybe. I mean, on the one hand I feel that I should have a stable job by now and not be applying for scholarships and student dorms and stuff. On the other hand, at least I will have a feeling that I am more independent and away from my parents for these 4 months, which is better than nothing.

On yet another hand, it might be a bit lonely because I will only be there for research and I won't have the opportunity to meet people during lectures and seminars. At least I know a few people in that city.

Otherwise, I might just hop over and visit you. :P

Well, however it is going to turn out, I have applied for a room in a dorm now.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

I have no idea how old the people at the party actually were, TBH. As I mentioned, there are plenty of families with young children living in the new housing complex next to where the loud party was. There is not a lot of student/young and free population here, so I don't know where they came from, if they were actually younglings.

I don't know. Maybe. I mean, on the one hand I feel that I should have a stable job by now and not be applying for scholarships and student dorms and stuff. On the other hand, at least I will have a feeling that I am more independent and away from my parents for these 4 months, which is better than nothing.

On yet another hand, it might be a bit lonely because I will only be there for research and I won't have the opportunity to meet people during lectures and seminars. At least I know a few people in that city.

Call in Darth Vader he’s good at dealing with younglings :P.

I don’t think you should feel bad about not having a stable job, you’re advancing your education to a very advanced standard and it’s probably much more interesting than merely working, personally I think it’s really great that you’re doing it :).

We have had a nice weekend so far, we went to meet some friends of ours for lunch, mini Sith made friends with their dog.

On 6/9/2019 at 2:04 PM, Buckwheat said:

Ah I see. Well it’s still not the best manners. 

I can see why you would feel that way, but I agree with Sidious. You’re investing in your knowledge and expertise that’s always an investment that’ll return on the long term. And even though we live in an aggressively capitalist world, wisdom and knowledge holds great value as it adds to the sophistication of the world. 

Are their no foreign student programs you can attend in the evenings or something? 

And you’re welcome to visit me anytime too :lol:

Good luck with the accommodation. 

On 6/9/2019 at 3:22 PM, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Call in Darth Vader he’s good at dealing with younglings :P.

I don’t think you should feel bad about not having a stable job, you’re advancing your education to a very advanced standard and it’s probably much more interesting than merely working, personally I think it’s really great that you’re doing it :).

We have had a nice weekend so far, we went to meet some friends of ours for lunch, mini Sith made friends with their dog.

Darth Vader is terrible at dealing with younglings.

Thank you. It would feel more like that if I actually did anything for my PhD. :lol:

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

I can see why you would feel that way, but I agree with Sidious. You’re investing in your knowledge and expertise that’s always an investment that’ll return on the long term. And even though we live in an aggressively capitalist world, wisdom and knowledge holds great value as it adds to the sophistication of the world. 

Are their no foreign student programs you can attend in the evenings or something? 

And you’re welcome to visit me anytime too :lol:

Good luck with the accommodation. 

Thank you too. Well, at least if I end up working at uni, as is my wish, this is the kind of work that is not so physically demanding that one would have to become retired very early. I mean, you can work relatively long.

I am sure there are and that I will get more information about it closer to the start of the semester. Also, if I end up leaving in a dorm, there should be nice people there too. One can only hope there won't only be 19-year-old beginner students. :P

Thank you and thank you for both! :P

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

He's rather good at making younglings be quiet though :P, next time they do it you tell them!.

*lends Buck her lightsaber* :D

13 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Thank you. It would feel more like that if I actually did anything for my PhD. :lol:

Thank you too. Well, at least if I end up working at uni, as is my wish, this is the kind of work that is not so physically demanding that one would have to become retired very early. I mean, you can work relatively long.

I am sure there are and that I will get more information about it closer to the start of the semester. Also, if I end up leaving in a dorm, there should be nice people there too. One can only hope there won't only be 19-year-old beginner students. :P

Thank you and thank you for both! :P

Just out of curiosity, what is your PhD in? 

Huh, interesting. Are there any jobs from which you can retire early over there? We have a general retirement age for all jobs excluding life threatening ones (police, firefighting, etc), how is that in Slovenia? 

Well 19-year-olds are a mood. :lol: Or maybe just sister. So good luck with having older students at the dorm too. I’m sure there are a couple master students too, or other foreign students who might be closer to you in age. 

Anytime :D 

I’m not working this week, because I’m so done with my job and I need a break. Also I don’t have any projects to there wouldn’t be anything to do for me either. Just sit and chat with the colleagues and do boring and irrelevant things. Instead, I’m on the back porch at my parents house and it’s so nice and warm and breezy. The dogs are kinda sleepy, the neighbor’s kids are, I assume, at school/kindergarten because it’s weirdly quiet today. Sister is still asleep and I’m kinda torn between just sitting here and reading a book or trying to accomplish two week’s hard work in one day to normalize the garden shed and the cellar situation and front garden situation. But since I would only be able to tackle 5% of the work alone in one day, I might as well let that go. 

23 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Just out of curiosity, what is your PhD in? 

Huh, interesting. Are there any jobs from which you can retire early over there? We have a general retirement age for all jobs excluding life threatening ones (police, firefighting, etc), how is that in Slovenia? 

Well 19-year-olds are a mood. :lol: Or maybe just sister. So good luck with having older students at the dorm too. I’m sure there are a couple master students too, or other foreign students who might be closer to you in age. 

Anytime :D 

Literature. I don't really want to go too much into detail right now, as I am confused and sometimes worry that it is not the right theory I chose and all.

I think there is a general retirement age, but there is also a condition that you had to have been working - only regular employment contracts count, not precarious work situations - for XY amount of years. And the longer people don't have that, the longer they won't reach the neccessary number of "work tenure" years or whatever that should be called.

23 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I’m not working this week, because I’m so done with my job and I need a break. Also I don’t have any projects to there wouldn’t be anything to do for me either. Just sit and chat with the colleagues and do boring and irrelevant things. Instead, I’m on the back porch at my parents house and it’s so nice and warm and breezy. The dogs are kinda sleepy, the neighbor’s kids are, I assume, at school/kindergarten because it’s weirdly quiet today. Sister is still asleep and I’m kinda torn between just sitting here and reading a book or trying to accomplish two week’s hard work in one day to normalize the garden shed and the cellar situation and front garden situation. But since I would only be able to tackle 5% of the work alone in one day, I might as well let that go.

Holidays. :) That is nice.

On 6/11/2019 at 10:40 AM, Buckwheat said:

Literature. I don't really want to go too much into detail right now, as I am confused and sometimes worry that it is not the right theory I chose and all.

I think there is a general retirement age, but there is also a condition that you had to have been working - only regular employment contracts count, not precarious work situations - for XY amount of years. And the longer people don't have that, the longer they won't reach the neccessary number of "work tenure" years or whatever that should be called.

Holidays. :) That is nice.

Literature is greeeeeat! Almost as great as history. Sister’s history final totally rekindled my burning adoration for history.  She allegedly did well on the exam, btw. 

I see I see. We have a similar but slightly different system. Then again, I’m 100% sure that if the world will even exist in its current form in 40 years, the institute of retirement sure won’t, so I’m not counting on getting any pension or anything. 

Indeed. I’m back in the city now, it’s scorching so I live on iced drinks, rum based cocktails, sunscreen and marvel movies. I should totally stay home next week to. It’s not like I have literally anything to do at work. 

Also hello @ab aeterno! Frozen huh? Frozen should take a timeout in the corner and feel very ashamed for bullying its way into London Theater ahead of Anastasia Musical. That shall never be forgiven. 

7 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I see I see. We have a similar but slightly different system. Then again, I’m 100% sure that if the world will even exist in its current form in 40 years, the institute of retirement sure won’t, so I’m not counting on getting any pension or anything. 

Indeed. I’m back in the city now, it’s scorching so I live on iced drinks, rum based cocktails, sunscreen and marvel movies. I should totally stay home next week to. It’s not like I have literally anything to do at work.

That is true. Pensions won't exist in a few decades anymore probably ...

It is hot here too. I like it when I am outside, just being in a hot crowded bus isn't fun.

I was in the theatre with my father today evening, I had a good time there too.

21 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

That is true. Pensions won't exist in a few decades anymore probably ...

It is hot here too. I like it when I am outside, just being in a hot crowded bus isn't fun.

I was in the theatre with my father today evening, I had a good time there too.

Indeed. 

I don’t know how your city manages during a heat wave but here everything gets super disgusting. That’s a huge part of why I dislike summer. At least In the countryside one just has to struggle with the temperature and one’s own lack of comfort. 

That sounds very nice! 

21 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Also, planning my summer holidays ... have to figure out if there are any spammers to hunt down in the places I am visiting ... ;)

Sister and I had plans to go to Northern Ireland, but there was an incident today and she completely lost her shit so now I don’t know if we’ll get back to this plan at all. I hope we will, she probably just needs a couple days to cool off. 

Also, this day is just killing my soul. It’s 9pm and still above 30C, it’s completely impossible to get oxygen, even if you strategically stay up/wake yourself at 2am to open the windows and wake yourself at 6:30 max to close them. That’s the small window when the temperature is allegedly below 25C so there’s some chance to air the indoors. Also the handle of my mop broke in the middle of mopping the floor. So annoying. I also have to take photos of my sofa and my coffee table to put them on sale and I have to screw some extra storage baskets on my hallway closet. And also pick up chalk paint and pimp it up a little. And also a ton of other stuff for the flat that I’ve been procrastinating on for months. Bleh this day. 

36 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Sister and I had plans to go to Northern Ireland, but there was an incident today and she completely lost her shit so now I don’t know if we’ll get back to this plan at all. I hope we will, she probably just needs a couple days to cool off.

I am travelling to Scotland this year - just for a few days, alone.

Aaaaaaand that was the other pair of my good sandals ruined. Screw this. I am so sick of the fact that I cannot find any pair of sandals to buy that I like. Have been looking for a few years now, and when I go to any shop and ask about a such and such model ... they simply just don't make them like that. :bang::angry:

On 6/14/2019 at 9:49 PM, Buckwheat said:

I am travelling to Scotland this year - just for a few days, alone.

Aaaaaaand that was the other pair of my good sandals ruined. Screw this. I am so sick of the fact that I cannot find any pair of sandals to buy that I like. Have been looking for a few years now, and when I go to any shop and ask about a such and such model ... they simply just don't make them like that. :bang::angry:

That sounds so so so lovely! Hope you have a great time, Scotland must be absolutely beautiful. 

I feel you, I have not yet worn summer/spring shoes this season that didn’t cripple me for two days. 

I hope everyone has had a nice weekend, the weather is a bit better today, the babysitter has arrived and we’re leaving to see Fleetwood Mac at Wembley in a minute :commie:going to miss the  support act but couldn’t leave any earlier :(.

Have fun and lots of Cuba Libre, @Bittersweet Distractor ! 

Ah my vacation is over and I’ll be back at work tomorrow. Boring boring boring. Well I will try to get in by 8am so I can evade the south Asian heat in the morning at least. (Currently we have 28C and 90% humidity and that’s basically what next week is going to be) 

in other boring news, this new based formula the technician used on my nails last time totally murdered my nails. Will ask her to get back to the previous formula next time. 

I’m watching Jessica Jones, the new season is so so boring it’s basically become a background show. 

And I have accomplished essentially nothing from my private to do list. I will attempt to take pictures of my sofa tomorrow morning to put it up for sale again because over half a year into the new sofa project I’m fed up and I’m totally ordering my new sofa next week. Same goes for my coffee table which I grew to absolutely hate. 

What else is new? Can’t think of anything. 

Soooooo ... did the heat make everybody lazy and not wanting to post, or is there just nothing interesting to write?

The courses I am teaching are finishing, as it is almost the end of the semester, but I got plenty of extra individual classes to make up for, so it doesn't seem like any less work ... cannot wait for most of the courses to be actually over. Then the summer adventure 2019 can officially begin.

I will be travelling a fair amount this summer! At least three countries, if everything goes right. Ah, make that four, not like I would actually skip going south for at least a weekend either. I have to plan for all of that.

And also for my semester abroad, starting in the middle of September. Right now, the dorm is giving me nightmares because of the extra costs I didn't expect, which I won't be able to cover solely from my scholarship ... will have to do some proofreading while I am there at least to earn something extra.

Should I say something to the inappropriate crush? I was already planning to, but then ... I am a coward. :leaving:

Archived