TTTNE 475 - for the Honour of Greyskull!

felice

Oh man... Is this week over yet? :rolleyes: 

Does anybody else want to go on a life-long vacation and just abandon all the issues and decisions of adulthood that need to be tackled? Anybody? No? 

*shrugs and packs a her own suitcase* 

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Does anybody else want to go on a life-long vacation and just abandon all the issues and decisions of adulthood that need to be tackled? Anybody? No? 

Sure. We can carpool. Where are we meeting?

20 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yeah I see. I’m sorry there’s so little security and guarantee in the academic career. Though they would be stupid to not choose you, because you do sound like the optimal candidate. Then again I don’t know anything about other PhD students who are also hoping to get the same academic job.

Thank you for your faith in me. ;) I seriously don't know if I am any better or worse than any other potential candidates.

Okay, I see. That sounds like a good deal financially. and if you were to opt for teaching in a public school and get a stable job, would that mean you have to completely give up the academic line? Could the two live next to one another with the compromise that your PhD would take longer? Just so you could keep your options open and find a way that gets you a stable job but also doesn’t close the opportunity to switch to an academic career when you want to.

Yes, it would be an option to teach for a few years, write the dissertation (which would probably take longer) and then decide if I want to stay in teaching or switch in case any other opportunities open.

Of course, leaving options open is a slippery slope to indecision, which is not a positive thing, I would know, it’s the bane of my entire twenties. So maybe ignore everything I said so far and maybe the wise thing is to commit to either of the options. :leaving: 

Indecision is my problem too, I would know.

Yesterday we were at a team building picnic, and yes we did walk in the hills with full backpacks of food and drinks. But because my boss is pregnant we were spared the joy of hiking up to the viewpoint at 12:30 in the 35C. Then I took the chairlift to get down, a bus, a tram and a subway to arrive one hour later to my post-finals meeting place to have late lunch with sister, who screwed up the oral part of her finals. She is still highly likely to be admitted to the uni of her choice but she was disappointed of course by the inelegant and slightly embarrassing end results. She is way better at literature and French than to have these final scores, but what can you do? Lots and lots of drama around this whole uni application business

It is also very hot here.

Congratulations to sister for finishing high school.

38 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Sure. We can carpool. Where are we meeting?

Vienna Airport sounds good to me. We have to make a stop first though, and rob a bank or something to be able to afford all this. :lol: 

33 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Thank you for your faith in me. ;) I seriously don't know if I am any better or worse than any other potential candidates.

Yes, it would be an option to teach for a few years, write the dissertation (which would probably take longer) and then decide if I want to stay in teaching or switch in case any other opportunities open.

Indecision is my problem too, I would know.

It is also very hot here.

Congratulations to sister for finishing high school.

I guess you are all great, at the end of the day it usually comes down to who they want to work with in terms of attitude. 

That sounds like what I would do in your place. But I make terrible life choices so maybe try the opposite? :lol: 

Oh thank you! Here is a human being who recognizes the fact that successfully finishing high school is a milestone in itself. Would you ever want to coach my parents on how to be a human being? 

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Vienna Airport sounds good to me. We have to make a stop first though, and rob a bank or something to be able to afford all this. :lol: 

I guess you are all great, at the end of the day it usually comes down to who they want to work with in terms of attitude. 

That sounds like what I would do in your place. But I make terrible life choices so maybe try the opposite? :lol: 

Oh thank you! Here is a human being who recognizes the fact that successfully finishing high school is a milestone in itself. Would you ever want to coach my parents on how to be a human being? 

If they need coaching on how to be a human being I’m happy to help :P.

Ugh it is hot and humid today, my morning run wasn’t pleasant and I’ve drink a stupid amount of water!.

15 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I would be more in favour of finding a pirate treasure.

That doesn't sound like you have much trust in your own advice. :D

Nah, sorry. I barely know how to pretend that I am a semi-functional human being myself, I cannot be trusted to train others in it.

Aaaaaanyway, yesterday was great! It was a hot day, but that does not matter, other great things happened! Here is an army of smileys to reflect that: :commie::commie::commie::commie::commie::commie::commie::commie::commie::commie::commie::commie::commie::commie::commie:

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I would be more in favour of finding a pirate treasure.

That doesn't sound like you have much trust in your own advice. :D

Nah, sorry. I barely know how to pretend that I am a semi-functional human being myself, I cannot be trusted to train others in it.

Aaaaaanyway, yesterday was great! It was a hot day, but that does not matter, other great things happened! Here is an army of smileys to reflect that: :commie::commie::commie::commie::commie::commie::commie::commie::commie::commie::commie::commie::commie::commie::commie:

I mean okay, as Long as these pirates with the treasure are sexy. 

Well this is one of those weeks when I’m second guessing my very existence, so trust in myself is kinda scarce. Hope to sleep this attitude off over the weekend though :lol: 

very happy for you and all the great things happening :D :D :D 

So the weather is much milder than yesterday. It’s around 27C and I could finally air the flat a little. Hope to continue this tonight. 

Apart from this, my blood pressure is like 300 and I’m so pissed at my workplace I can’t wait to throw a tantrum on Monday at my half year evaluation meeting. No, of course I won’t to that literally, but I’ll calmly and assertively assess all issues I currently have with my job. And update my resume. Pfff. 

10 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I mean okay, as Long as these pirates with the treasure are sexy. 

They are long dead, they buried the treasure long ago for us to find.

But maybe there are still some sexy pirates for you around. Then you can be the pirate king's bride!

Well this is one of those weeks when I’m second guessing my very existence, so trust in myself is kinda scarce. Hope to sleep this attitude off over the weekend though :lol: 

I know the feeling. :grouphug: It will pass and you will find purpose again soon!

very happy for you and all the great things happening

Today wasn't as great as yesterday. It was an okay day, but now I am unnecessarily stressing about ... continuation of yesterday's good development. (See GenChat for details, because for some reason I started posting there now.)

So the weather is much milder than yesterday. It’s around 27C and I could finally air the flat a little. Hope to continue this tonight.

Apart from this, my blood pressure is like 300 and I’m so pissed at my workplace I can’t wait to throw a tantrum on Monday at my half year evaluation meeting. No, of course I won’t to that literally, but I’ll calmly and assertively assess all issues I currently have with my job. And update my resume. Pfff. 

Here too.

Good luck on Monday and have a relaxing weekend before that!

I’m in a good mood this morning, mini Sith has been adorably cute and well behaved and I’m excited because 2 new albums have come out this week that I can listen to in the gym today, a new Black Keys album which I knew was coming and a new Thom Yorke solo album which was a complete surprise.

On 6/27/2019 at 1:29 PM, RhaenysBee said:

I want! I just need money. Vacations and abandoning all these kind ofdecisions is what I would  need now :P

Hllo everyone!

On 6/28/2019 at 11:04 PM, Buckwheat said:

They are long dead, they buried the treasure long ago for us to find.

But maybe there are still some sexy pirates for you around. Then you can be the pirate king's bride!

I know the feeling. :grouphug: It will pass and you will find purpose again soon!

Today wasn't as great as yesterday. It was an okay day, but now I am unnecessarily stressing about ... continuation of yesterday's good development. (See GenChat for details, because for some reason I started posting there now.)

Here too.

Good luck on Monday and have a relaxing weekend before that!

That sounds just like what I need. 

Oh my... how did I not see this coming? :leaving: :lol: 

sounds like things are going well with... things. Glad to hear that! 

Thank you! 

2 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I want! I just need money. Vacations and abandoning all these kind ofdecisions is what I would  need now :P

Hllo everyone!

That’s why we’ll start with hunting down this pirate treasure. Sounds like the pilot of a fantasy drama on Netflix, right? 

Hello Meera, long time no see. How is life? 

On 6/29/2019 at 10:25 AM, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I’m in a good mood this morning, mini Sith has been adorably cute and well behaved and I’m excited because 2 new albums have come out this week that I can listen to in the gym today, a new Black Keys album which I knew was coming and a new Thom Yorke solo album which was a complete surprise.

Oh you lucky lady! Cute baby, motivation to exercise, what more can one want? :D glad to hear you’re in a good mood! 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Thank you! 

That’s why we’ll start with hunting down this pirate treasure. Sounds like the pilot of a fantasy drama on Netflix, right? 

Oh you lucky lady! Cute baby, motivation to exercise, what more can one want? :D glad to hear you’re in a good mood! 

I’m in a very good mood this weekend, my partner is is feeling a bit sick though :(.

My pick from the new Black Keys album is this:

And if you go to 17:20 on this:

That is my pick from that album :D.

23 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Thank you! 

Heat wave...

I'm totally on board :P 

Hello! Life is...right now, trying to focus on exams for a week more.

2 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Heat wave...

I'm totally on board :P 

Hello! Life is...right now, trying to focus on exams for a week more.

Pff, don’t even get me started... it was literally 40 degrees today. 37 at 5pm as I was going home. We really will be facing an apocalypse soon... :( 

Good luck with your exams!

46 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Pff, don’t even get me started... it was literally 40 degrees today. 37 at 5pm as I was going home. We really will be facing an apocalypse soon... :( 

Good luck with your exams!

Same here! same temperatures...

thanks!

On 6/30/2019 at 10:22 PM, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I’m in a very good mood this weekend, my partner is is feeling a bit sick though :(.

My pick from the new Black Keys album is this:

And if you go to 17:20 on this:

That is my pick from that album :D.

Listened to these,  not exactly my type of music, but I’m glad you love the new albums. 

Also, hope your fiancée is feeling better now. Is mini sith a good health professional? Does she have one of those little toy medical kits to “treat” sick family members? :D I remember doing that all the time. 

7 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Listened to these,  not exactly my type of music, but I’m glad you love the new albums. 

Also, hope your fiancée is feeling better now. Is mini sith a good health professional? Does she have one of those little toy medical kits to “treat” sick family members? :D I remember doing that all the time. 

The new Black Keys album is pretty straight forward bluesy rock and quite accessible, I completely understand why you wouldn’t particularly enjoy Thom Yorkes new solo effort though, it is a bit experimental and I guess weird wouldn’t be an unfair description, it’s like he’s released his stuff that was too left field for a Radiohead album, which is saying something :P.

Aw Dr Mini Sith sounds like an adorable health professional, she hasn’t got anything like that to play with yet, although she does have a new favourite toy at the moment I’m the form of a cute little cuddly duck, I got her it because she is absolutely fascinated by ducks when we go for walks by the river and she loves feeding them!.

Archived