TTTNE 475 - for the Honour of Greyskull!

felice

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Thanks for your patience with my whining then. :P

Nooooo, you don't want to invest in her currency now ... did you not hear about that little pesky thingy called the possibility of Brexit? I know basically nothing about the economy or money management or similar stuff, but even I have heard that that might make it a tiny bit unstable ...

Ahahahahahaha, my sweet summer child. With the exchange rate between euros and pounds, brexit may make you wary of earning in pounds. But since 1 pound is like 350 forint, I can’t really go wrong with getting a million of pounds as opposed to forints. So unless brexit causes a 350% crash for pounds, I should be on the winning side here. just Eastern European things. 

3 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I love my new job, I feel like Paula and look kickass in my business attire if I say so myself

New job? Exciting! Tell us more! What do you do now?

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Ahahahahahaha, my sweet summer child. With the exchange rate between euros and pounds, brexit may make you wary of earning in pounds. But since 1 pound is like 350 forint, I can’t really go wrong with getting a million of pounds as opposed to forints. So unless brexit causes a 350% crash for pounds, I should be on the winning side here. just Eastern European things. 

Well, you are smarter than me, so I believe you.

Right, we also had a similarly small currency before euro ... you paid for everything in hundreds or in thousands!

33 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Right, we also had a similarly small currency before euro ... you paid for everything in hundreds or in thousands!

I’m not, I just have a shitty currency. Hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands here, yeah. 

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I love my new job, I feel like Paula and look kickass in my business attire if I say so myself

Oh congrats on the new job! And glad to hear you’re enjoying the business wear!

7 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yeah I know, and I understand that even someone who generally enjoys research like you would get fed up. Also, feel free and welcome to whine anytime it helps you. 

We’ll make millions. Hopefully in your currency. 

Enough to start construction on a new space station and some change!.

5 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Thanks for your patience with my whining then. :P

Nooooo, you don't want to invest in her currency now ... did you not hear about that little pesky thingy called the possibility of Brexit? I know basically nothing about the economy or money management or similar stuff, but even I have heard that that might make it a tiny bit unstable ...

What is this currency and Brexit you speak of?, my currency is Imperial Credits obviously :P.

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! YAY!

Ok enough shouting but seriously, my sincerest congratulations :) Do you want another girl or a boy this time, or Jo preference?

Regardless they will be one lucky child to have the two of you as parents :grouphug:

Thank you :), honestly I’d kind of like a boy because it would be cool to have one of each but I will be over the moon if we have another girl too so no real preference, we’re really happy at the moment, now she’s pregnant though she has conceded that she did fuss over me a bit too much early on, but I’m feeling all protective of her now too so I know how she felt when I was going through it.

Bet you look great in your business attire and hope you’re enjoying, as well as rocking the new job :).

6 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Im a paralegal

8 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Im a paralegal

Paula's job! I must admit, I don't even know that job in my language, maybe there aren't such jobs in my country. But anyway, it sounds important and grown up and like you are enjoying it and are going to be successful in it, so well done you!

15 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Enough to start construction on a new space station and some change!.

What is this currency and Brexit you speak of? 

Well, we’d have to split the spoils. I’m spending the share on a three months vacation and a coconut bra. 

I wonder if Yavinxit is a thing in imperial slang... :idea: 

10 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Im a paralegal

:cheers: do you enjoy the role? Hope you’re in a great team and learning a lot! 

On 7/10/2019 at 8:41 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

I know you can't/don't want to over share, but I'm curious. Are you now a solicitor? And congrats! Having a good job that you like is a wonderful thing. :commie:

eta; Whoops! I see the answer is above. Do you have any plans to return to university later and become a solicitor?

46 minutes ago, honeyed chicken said:

I know you can't/don't want to over share, but I'm curious. Are you now a solicitor? And congrats! Having a good job that you like is a wonderful thing. :commie:

eta; Whoops! I see the answer is above. Do you have any plans to return to university later and become a solicitor?

IVe done all the necessary university study to be a solicitor. I still need to complete my training contract to be fully qualified . They are awfully competitive though and ive had no luck getting one. A paralegal job will tide me over for now. Especially the firm i have managed to land at, they arent the kind of opportunity you pass up!

Its actually been great so far, i was surprised how quick they  have been to give me responsibility and assign me to high profile cases for their bigger clients. I have already learned so much - and its only week 2! 

@Buckwheat paralegal is a weird job title really because it will vary from firm to firm and even within firms as to what you might do. Some will give you loads of actual legal work whereas others you are a glorified office assistant. The general way i would describe would be to say a paralegal supports fee earners )solicitors, basically) in the completion of a client’s matter. This might be doing things like conducting research for the solicitor on relevant laws and precedents, drafting documents for them, carrying out document reviews, preparing bundles etc.

9 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

IVe done all the necessary university study to be a solicitor. I still need to complete my training contract to be fully qualified . They are awfully competitive though and ive had no luck getting one. A paralegal job will tide me over for now. Especially the firm i have managed to land at, they arent the kind of opportunity you pass up!

Its actually been great so far, i was surprised how quick they  have been to give me responsibility and assign me to high profile cases for their bigger clients. I have already learned so much - and its only week 2! 

@Buckwheat paralegal is a weird job title really because it will vary from firm to firm and even within firms as to what you might do. Some will give you loads of actual legal work whereas others you are a glorified office assistant. The general way i would describe would be to say a paralegal supports fee earners )solicitors, basically) in the completion of a client’s matter. This might be doing things like conducting research for the solicitor on relevant laws and precedents, drafting documents for them, carrying out document reviews, preparing bundles etc.

I almost wish I had had the mind and personality to be in law. It can be really stark whether you are a white hat or black hat in law as in few other fields. By that I mean you have lawyers and legal people who fight for the poor and downtrodden, and then you have corporate lawyers that do the opposite. Of course, you also have work-a-day lawyers who handle real estate transactions, divorces, probate, advise the town government, and such).

My mother in law was a paralegal. She started out working for legal aid in the state of Georgia in the USA. Many of her clients were poor, often black and they were often trying to get money from the federal government that was owed to them. Often the federal workers were white and they saw it as their job to do everything in their power to "hold onto" the government's money. It was Pat's (my mom in law) job to show the federal workers that her clients were entitled to that money by law. Later, Pat worked in Maine for a company that handled labor law on behalf of corporations - and she often found herself fighting against working people, though my wife would say part of Pat's job was educating the employers so they would not violate their workers rights.

9 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

You are all adorable. How nice of you to think of chickee's boyfriend as family too!

8 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Thanks for the explanation! I don't know if law offices in my country or in other countries with a similar system have a similar position.

In any case, it seems to me that you are enjoying it, learning a lot, and I assume you are earning a lot of money, so well done!

8 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

I almost wish I had had the mind and personality to be in law.

The quickest way to ruin your life! :p

(I am sure Helena disagrees. But it is a funny song.)

On 7/11/2019 at 10:10 AM, RhaenysBee said:

Well, we’d have to split the spoils. I’m spending the share on a three months vacation and a coconut bra. 

I wonder if Yavinxit is a thing in imperial slang... :idea: 

I’m spending mine on something you can never have enough of-more Star Destroyers, Yavinxit was looking like a thing but we decided to blow it up :P.

10 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

I almost wish I had had the mind and personality to be in law. It can be really stark whether you are a white hat or black hat in law as in few other fields. By that I mean you have lawyers and legal people who fight for the poor and downtrodden, and then you have corporate lawyers that do the opposite. Of course, you also have work-a-day lawyers who handle real estate transactions, divorces, probate, advise the town government, and such).

My mother in law was a paralegal. She started out working for legal aid in the state of Georgia in the USA. Many of her clients were poor, often black and they were often trying to get money from the federal government that was owed to them. Often the federal workers were white and they saw it as their job to do everything in their power to "hold onto" the government's money. It was Pat's (my mom in law) job to show the federal workers that her clients were entitled to that money by law. Later, Pat worked in Maine for a company that handled labor law on behalf of corporations - and she often found herself fighting against working people, though my wife would say part of Pat's job was educating the employers so they would not violate their workers rights.

I did a law conversion from my original music degree and actually stuck it out to get qualified and did a years pupiliage in criminal law, I did some of my own cases and represented people-it was mostly for lower level stuff,drink driving,assault, although I did sit in on some much more serious cases to watch other more experienced people work and some of it was fascinating,some,quite boring if I’m honest.

What I can say though is I don’t think the whole white hat,black hat thing is quite as clear cut,especially in criminal law.

There was one case I sat in on that I felt so glad my colleague was prosecuting, not defending though, it was a case of quite severe spousal abuse and what I heard made me find the defendant absolutely abhorrent, it was one time I was genuinely happy when they got sent to prison.

Moving on, talking of spouses, I’m getting seriously hyped now, I have my bachelorette/hen party (there will be no strippers!) next Friday and I’m going to be married the Friday after that, only 2 weeks more of getting letters with miss on them :commie:.

1 hour ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Moving on, talking of spouses, I’m getting seriously hyped now, I have my bachelorette/hen party (there will be no strippers!) next Friday and I’m going to be married the Friday after that, only 2 weeks more of getting letters with miss on them :commie:.

:o Exciting! Are you and your lady having one hen party together or is each one of you organising one's own?

It is rainy today, boooooo. I couldn't sleep at night because the rain kept hitting the metal part of the windowsill and I kept hearing some tap-tap-tap, which was highly annoying.

Cannot wait for next week, when the weather is supposed to be sunnier and warmer. I was planning on washing clothes today, but I worry they won't get dry if I hang them now.

6 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

:o Exciting! Are you and your lady having one hen party together or is each one of you organising one's own?

It is rainy today, boooooo. I couldn't sleep at night because the rain kept hitting the metal part of the windowsill and I kept hearing some tap-tap-tap, which was highly annoying.

Cannot wait for next week, when the weather is supposed to be sunnier and warmer. I was planning on washing clothes today, but I worry they won't get dry if I hang them now.

We are having our own, although hers is going to be quite tame now for obvious reasons, really I’m hoping mine won’t be too wild either, I’m 31, and I haven’t drunk very much for ages, but I’m looking forward to a fun night out.

I don’t know why but I find it quite soothing when it’s raining outside when I’m trying to sleep.

Its been really hot and humid here for the past few days I’m so glad I got air conditioning installed last year, ok you don’t need to use it for that many months in the uk but it is so nice to have when you do need it!.

Do you have a dryer for clothes?, I tend to hang stuff I know isn’t good to put in the dryer then use that for everything else.

Just now, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Do you have a dryer for clothes?, I tend to hang stuff I know isn’t good to put in the dryer then use that for everything else.

There is a dryer, I usually don't use it though. But I might have to at least for socks and jeans. I don't want to use it for t-shirts because I want to hang them so they can even out a bit. Don't want to have to iron here. Honestly, I might just hang everything and just wait a little longer before it dries, it is no big deal.

4 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

There is a dryer, I usually don't use it though. But I might have to at least for socks and jeans. I don't want to use it for t-shirts because I want to hang them so they can even out a bit. Don't want to have to iron here. Honestly, I might just hang everything and just wait a little longer before it dries, it is no big deal.

I know this is going to sound weird, but I don’t mind ironing at all.

Archived