TTTNE 475 - for the Honour of Greyskull!

felice

27 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I know this is going to sound weird, but I don’t mind ironing at all.

Nah, not weird. I guess I am not TOO bothered by it either ... but why complicate my life when I don't need to?

17 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Nah, not weird. I guess I am not TOO bothered by it either ... but why complicate my life when I don't need to?

I have to do the laundry for our whole family, my life is already complicated, try and avoid those complications-or get your partner to do the laundry :P.

@Bittersweet Distractor Congrats on your approaching big day! It’s going to be amazing and I’m so happy for you! 

What will the hen party be like? Do you have a special program or theme? 

@honeyed chicken you guys are adorable. 

@Meera of Tarth classic early 2000s layered cut. This is the only thing Eastern European hairdressers can or want to do. 

Well this was was a very eventful day.

I got my hair destroyed in the morning.

While at the salon, I received an email from a client at 8:40 scheduling a meeting for that same morning at 10:00. So I messaged two colleagues to figure out who’s going to take the call. And by sheer luck, they were also up and working by 9:30, so the call was able to happen thanks to them. This took me 13 messages to manage. 

While at the salon, my new sofa also arrived without any prior notice in email or text message, so I had to phone and wake sister to let the delivery man in. The completion of this delivery at my flat where sister and the delivery person were personally present took me 6 phone calls to manage. 

Then I got home, set my new sofa, cut up the cardboard wrapping, took out the selective waste, fixed up the guest room, from which I borrowed the mattress as my temporary sofa for the past week and a half. 

Then I booked the trip to Ireland and got traumatized by Dublin prices, this was nearly as bad for my blood pressure as the hair salon. 

Meanwhile, a woman messaged me 3 times to reserve the dining room furniture from my old house that I’m selling, and it took me 5 messages to make understand that I’m unable to sell her something I promised to someone else. 45 minutes after this, the someone else called me to cancel her deal so I ended up messaging back to the woman who so desperately wanted to talk me into breaking the existing deal. Luckily, she wasn’t upset with me for not doing so and still wanted the furniture, so I have another buyer and potential pickup tomorrow.

Then I rescheduled the dinner sister and I were supposed to have with my father, which he booked for tonight after sister mistakenly claimed she would be back in the city in time for the reservation. This miscommunication between sister and my father took me 5 phone calls to handle. 

Then I stressed about a personal problem of sister’s which I’m neither responsible, nor capable of solving. So I had to give up my pathological need to solve problems I didn’t cause, I’m not involved in alone or directly. 

Why do I have a pathological need to solve every single problem in the world and make everybody 100% content? It’s so tiring. 

43 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

@Bittersweet Distractor Congrats on your approaching big day! It’s going to be amazing and I’m so happy for you! 

@Meera of Tarth classic early 2000s layered cut. This is the only thing Eastern European hairdressers can or want to do. 

While at the salon, I received an email from a client at 8:40 scheduling a meeting for that same morning at 10:00. So I messaged two colleagues to figure out who’s going to take the call. And by sheer luck, they were also up and working by 9:30, so the call was able to happen thanks to them. This took me 13 messages to manage. 

While at the salon, my new sofa also arrived without any prior notice in email or text message, so I had to phone and wake sister to let the delivery man in. The completion of this delivery at my flat where sister and the delivery person were personally present took me 6 phone calls to manage. 

Then I got home, set my new sofa, cut up the cardboard wrapping, took out the selective waste, fixed up the guest room, from which I borrowed the mattress as my temporary sofa for the past week and a half. 

Then I booked the trip to Ireland and got traumatized by Dublin prices, this was nearly as bad for my blood pressure as the hair salon. 

Meanwhile, a woman messaged me 3 times to reserve the dining room furniture from my old house that I’m selling, and it took me 5 messages to make understand that I’m unable to sell her something I promised to someone else. 45 minutes after this, the someone else called me to cancel her deal so I ended up messaging back to the woman who so desperately wanted to talk me into breaking the existing deal. Luckily, she wasn’t upset with me for not doing so and still wanted the furniture, so I have another buyer and potential pickup tomorrow.

Then I rescheduled the dinner sister and I were supposed to have with my father, which he booked for tonight after sister mistakenly claimed she would be back in the city in time for the reservation. This miscommunication between sister and my father took me 5 phone calls to handle. 

Then I stressed about a personal problem of sister’s which I’m neither responsible, nor capable of solving. So I had to give up my pathological need to solve problems I didn’t cause, I’m not involved in alone or directly. 

Why do I have a pathological need to solve every single problem in the world and make everybody 100% content? It’s so tiring. 

wow what a day! now you only need early 2000's highlights!

and busy woman you are....

i went to the beach this afternoon. Last year I didn't go to the beach at all, but this year I'm accepting all the offers to so I'm already tanned despite being quite light skinned naturally.

Dublin is cool but yeah, very expensive. I'm going to Vilnius and other related cities soon and the triple of days cost the same as Dublin.

If you like Irish music, just chill in in the streets and pubs, there are dozens of amzing musicians there.

6 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

wow what a day! now you only need early 2000's highlights!

and busy woman you are....

i went to the beach this afternoon. Last year I didn't go to the beach at all, but this year I'm accepting all the offers to so I'm already tanned despite being quite light skinned naturally.

Dublin is cool but yeah, very expensive. I'm going to Vilnius and other related cities soon and the triple of days cost the same as Dublin.

If you like Irish music, just chill in in the streets and pubs, there are dozens of amzing musicians there.

Oh god, no. The 2000s were beautiful time but the hairstyles... ugh. 

ah, beach. Sounds like heaven. 

We actually wanted to go to Belfast for the game of thrones tour, but air traffic is a joke from here to there. so we are flying to and from Dublin and taking a bus to Belfast for the game of thrones tour. At least we’ll have two days in Dublin too to check out the city and Irish pubs and a whiskey distillery tour. 

15 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh god, no. The 2000s were beautiful time but the hairstyles... ugh. 

ah, beach. Sounds like heaven. 

We actually wanted to go to Belfast for the game of thrones tour, but air traffic is a joke from here to there. so we are flying to and from Dublin and taking a bus to Belfast for the game of thrones tour. At least we’ll have two days in Dublin too to check out the city and Irish pubs and a whiskey distillery tour. 

I also wanted to go but I could not for lack of time, enjoy it.

And the distillery tour, it's really cool, you'll like it!

I want to go to the beach too! I haven't seen the sea at all this year yet, I miss it. Unfortunately I probably won't have a chance to go swimming until late August. I mean, I suppose Edinburgh is at the seaside, but I don't think that sea is pleasant to swim in ... too cold up there!

20 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I honestly have no idea, my best friend and bridesmaid is planning it, I’m hoping there won’t be a stripper though, but I don’t think I have to worry there because like 80% of the girls going are straight, although who knows she could play some mean joke on me and get me a male stripper :o.

It’s also kind of weird not having a joint party because we share a lot of the same friends, I’d just like a nice dinner and a few drinks but I expect it will end up being a wild night.

Selling furniture is exhausting because it’s so hard to get people to organise collection properly!.

You and your sister sound so much like my fiancée and her sister, they love each other to bits but they fight so much!.

Her sister is back living with us at the moment because she had a nasty break up with her bf, so my mornings are again filled with blazing arguments in Russian across the breakfast table,overall she’s ok though, she is good with mini Sith.

I am getting my gran to house sit for us while we’re on our honeymoon though, she’s looking after mini Sith anyway so it will be nicer for her to be in familiar surroundings with us not there, that and I don’t trust soon to be sister in law not to have a party or drive my car!.

44 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I honestly have no idea, my best friend and bridesmaid is planning it, I’m hoping there won’t be a stripper though, but I don’t think I have to worry there because like 80% of the girls going are straight, although who knows she could play some mean joke on me and get me a male stripper :o.

It’s also kind of weird not having a joint party because we share a lot of the same friends, I’d just like a nice dinner and a few drinks but I expect it will end up being a wild night.

Selling furniture is exhausting because it’s so hard to get people to organise collection properly!.

You and your sister sound so much like my fiancée and her sister, they love each other to bits but they fight so much!.

Her sister is back living with us at the moment because she had a nasty break up with her bf, so my mornings are again filled with blazing arguments in Russian across the breakfast table,overall she’s ok though, she is good with mini Sith.

I am getting my gran to house sit for us while we’re on our honeymoon though, she’s looking after mini Sith anyway so it will be nicer for her to be in familiar surroundings with us not there, that and I don’t trust soon to be sister in law not to have a party or drive my car!.

:lol: that’d be a very awkward hen party, I’m sure they’ll do something you’ll actually enjoy. I don’t even know how I’d react if someone prank scheduled a female stripper for my hen party (not that I’ll have such in the next ... many years :eek: ) it’d be soooo awkward :lol: 

yeah, it’s an absolute pain. We had another pickup today. It’s going slowly but there’s progress. 

Yup that’s pretty much us, with the addition is that I kinda feel like my role is often somewhere between the parent of a teenager and the manager of a celebrity when it comes to sister. (Don’t say this to her) 

aww that sounds adorable. I’m sure mini sith will have an amazing time with your grandma. 

Holy. Mother. Of. Hospitality industry. 

Sister and I are at the most amazing breakfast place I ever had the luck to find. It is sooooooo beautiful and the service is soooooo great and the food is soooooo amazing I don’t even care how pricy it is. We just planned which table we’ll book for a winter weekend with snowfall. 

Mindblown. 

14 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

:lol: that’d be a very awkward hen party, I’m sure they’ll do something you’ll actually enjoy. I don’t even know how I’d react if someone prank scheduled a female stripper for my hen party (not that I’ll have such in the next ... many years :eek: ) it’d be soooo awkward :lol: 

yeah, it’s an absolute pain. We had another pickup today. It’s going slowly but there’s progress. 

Yup that’s pretty much us, with the addition is that I kinda feel like my role is often somewhere between the parent of a teenager and the manager of a celebrity when it comes to sister. (Don’t say this to her) 

aww that sounds adorable. I’m sure mini sith will have an amazing time with your grandma. 

I’m hoping it will be a nice and fun evening with no strippers of either gender involved!.

My fiancée and her sister are very different too, ok they look very similar it’s SO obvious they’re sisters but that’s about it, personality wise they’re very different, I’m definitely marrying the right one!.

Watching them constantly bicker with each other is making me hope mini Sith 2 is a boy even more, because sisters seem to constantly fight!.

5 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I’m hoping it will be a nice and fun evening with no strippers of either gender involved!.

My fiancée and her sister are very different too, ok they look very similar it’s SO obvious they’re sisters but that’s about it, personality wise they’re very different, I’m definitely marrying the right one!.

Watching them constantly bicker with each other is making me hope mini Sith 2 is a boy even more, because sisters seem to constantly fight!.

Yeah, I’m rooting a mini sith boy for you. 

Just had a screaming, door slamming, luggage kicking, tantrum throwing fight with sister. She stormed out into the storm and now she’s soaking wet somewhere around here but I’m sure her ego feels very good.

I feel horrible because I kinda started the fight and I escalated it and I still feel hurt over what started the fight and I feel angry with myself for taking on the conflict and I feel guilty for fighting. Even though she had no constructive contribution either, so she is jsut as responsible as I am. I always forget that this only works as long as I stay in the mature adult parent figure role because if I slip, she won’t step into that role to settle things. Well this day turned into some real shit and I’m so frustrated I can’t even cry out my frustration. Bloody hormones. Literally. So now I’m just waddling in all these shitty feelings and hoping that sister isn’t soaked.

20 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I feel horrible because I kinda started the fight and I escalated it and I still feel hurt over what started the fight and I feel angry with myself for taking on the conflict and I feel guilty for fighting. Even though she had no constructive contribution either, so she is jsut as responsible as I am. I always forget that this only works as long as I stay in the mature adult parent figure role because if I slip, she won’t step into that role to settle things. Well this day turned into some real shit and I’m so frustrated I can’t even cry out my frustration. Bloody hormones. Literally. So now I’m just waddling in all these shitty feelings and hoping that sister isn’t soaked.

*hugs* :grouphug: Sorry to hear about that. Remember that there are always two people responsible for the fight, so it is not only your fault. And she should not expect you to be in a parental role for her and do everything to organise her life.

Bloody hormones indeed.

I fear my computer might have broken down completely this time ... cause there is nothing better than being alone in a strange city, other than being alone in a strange city with a non-functioning computer. :angry: This has happened before, the computer didn't want to turn on, then it did some time later. I can only hope this will happen this time too, otherwise it is to the repair shop first thing in the morning.

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yeah, I’m rooting a mini sith boy for you. 

Just had a screaming, door slamming, luggage kicking, tantrum throwing fight with sister. She stormed out into the storm and now she’s soaking wet somewhere around here but I’m sure her ego feels very good.

I’d be just as happy with another girl really I will just have to make sure they don’t fight-or steal each other’s clothes!.

I’m sorry to hear that you had an argument with your sister, try not to feel too guilty about it if you can, you sound like me in that way because I hate having an unresolved conflict with someone I really care about it really gets to me and makes me feel terrible, the only thing you can do is reach out to her :grouphug:.

Future sister in law has been pretty good today, she took mini Sith out for the afternoon, and what did her mamas do with this unexpected free time?, had a nap!, we were both feeling really tired and ugh today.

Oooooookay, computer and phone not (completely) broken, I think (all?!) the sockets in the library might be wonky in that they don't want to charge my computer and phone, because the sockets in my room work fine? IDK. In any case, yes, I know I need a new computer. Like, two years ago I also needed a new computer and I am still working on this messed up one. Maybe this scare will finally convince me to invest in a new one?

Just now, Bittersweet Distractor said:

That’s somewhat of a relief then Buck!, how old is your computer?, I’m thinking about changing mine soon too.

It's going to be six years old soon. I have had the battery changed before, but now the second one is already non-functional too, so I have to keep it plugged in all the time. And it happens quite often that all the programs go into non-responding mode and I have to wait a few minutes for the computer to start responding again. Not to mention the occasional overheating.

How old is yours?

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

It's going to be six years old soon. I have had the battery changed before, but now the second one is already non-functional too, so I have to keep it plugged in all the time. And it happens quite often that all the programs go into non-responding mode and I have to wait a few minutes for the computer to start responding again. Not to mention the occasional overheating.

How old is yours?

Mine is a bit over 3 now but is still performing fine, although the battery doesn’t last quite as long as it used to when it was new, I’m probably going to wait until next year now as Apple are meant to be releasing a new MacBook Pro so I’d rather not spend a lot of money on an old model.

I genuinely can’t use the newer versions of Windows, I’ve not used a computer with Windows since XP!.

Archived