TTTNE 475 - for the Honour of Greyskull!

felice

10 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

It’s on Friday.

I don’t know why he would do that but it sucks that he is :(.

Ah! I don't think I have yet heard of a wedding on Friday.

8 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I am at a wedding right now, it’s an awfully stressful experience and I can’t wait for Sunday to come.

Just eat a lot and dance, wedding is supposed to be fun!

8 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

@Buckwheat hold on, two more sleeps is not too bad. And I’m sure the crush is interested, he’s just distracted and busy himself, just like you are. When you will be staying in Slo for a longer period of time?

He just wrote! :commie: He says he was busy. He wrote a lengthy message, but he didn't ask me any question, just wrote that I should enjoy, so I don't know if I should answer! :idea:

I am going to be staying there in August ... for three weeks. If that is consiedered to be a longer period of time, I don't know.

17 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

He just wrote! :commie: He says he was busy. He wrote a lengthy message, but he didn't ask me any question, just wrote that I should enjoy, so I don't know if I should answer! :idea:

I am going to be staying there in August ... for three weeks. If that is consiedered to be a longer period of time, I don't know.

Dinner is over and I did dance quite a bit. The source of the stress is my father’s self destructive behavior. He is having some seemingly serious health issues which apparently don’t stop him from drinking and physically exhausting himself and risking further injury. And neither can I - stop him, I mean. I just hope This isn’t going to make things much worse for him.

That’s nice of him though. 

Well... I’m mean to me that doesn’t sound like longer period of time. But maybe you can enjoy those three weeks without any commitment? There’s fun in that, just a different kind :blushing: :leaving:

12 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Dinner is over and I did dance quite a bit. The source of the stress is my father’s self destructive behavior. He is having some seemingly serious health issues which apparently don’t stop him from drinking and physically exhausting himself and risking further injury. And neither can I - stop him, I mean. I just hope This isn’t going to make things much worse for him.

Well... I’m mean to me that doesn’t sound like longer period of time. But maybe you can enjoy those three weeks without any commitment? There’s fun in that, just a different kind :blush: :blush::blush::blush::blushing: :leaving:

Dancing is fun. :) Who got married anyway?

I am sorry to hear about your father.

But but but I want to have fun with commitment! I am greedy like that. Obviously I don't actually know what his wishes are at this point, so maybe he doesn't want any fun at all, with or without it. In which case ... bummer.

17 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I am at a wedding right now, it’s an awfully stressful experience and I can’t wait for Sunday to come. 

Having said that, I’m sure it’s great for the bride and groom as I’m sure your wedding is going to be lovely, @Bittersweet Distractor Are you going to be wearing a wedding gown too? What’s going to be your outfit? 

@Buckwheat hold on, two more sleeps is not too bad. And I’m sure the crush is interested, he’s just distracted and busy himself, just like you are. When you will be staying in Slo for a longer period of time? 

Yes I’ve gone for a lovely off the shoulder vee wedding dress :D. We’re both very much girly girls, so the whole one of us wearing a suit kind of stereotype just was never going to happen, I’ve not seen her dress and she’s not seen mine (it’s kind of a tradition thing) but I have a feeling we’re both trying to out princess each other.

My fiancée is a lucky lady too, I’m going to be an awesome wife to her :D.

17 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Yay he messaged you!, have you responded to him?, I really do say just go for it if you like him Buck, life is too short to have regrets :).

12 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Well... I’m mean to me that doesn’t sound like longer period of time. But maybe you can enjoy those three weeks without any commitment? There’s fun in that, just a different kind :blush: :blush::blush::blush::blushing: :leaving:

That sounds like my fiancées sister, well without the health issues, she came home late at like 4am this morning and was very noisy and I expect very drunk/high too.

How did we get our own back on her?, we used our secret weapon at 8am, opened the door to her room and gave her a surprise visit from mini Sith!.

7 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Yes I’ve gone for a lovely off the shoulder vee wedding dress :D. We’re both very much girly girls, so the whole one of us wearing a suit kind of stereotype just was never going to happen, I’ve not seen her dress and she’s not seen mine (it’s kind of a tradition thing) but I have a feeling we’re both trying to out princess each other.

Two lovely princesses. And what will the mini Sith be doing at the wedding? Is she going to be all adorable using the Force lightning as mood lightning during the party? :P

3 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Yay he messaged you!, have you responded to him?, I really do say just go for it if you like him Buck, life is too short to have regrets :).

That sounds like my fiancées sister, well without the health issues, she came home late at like 4am this morning and was very noisy and I expect very drunk/high too.

How did we get our own back on her?, we used our secret weapon at 8am, opened the door to her room and gave her a surprise visit from mini Sith!.

I didn't. I will probably in a few days (if I can wait that long, I have no self conrol now, it seems) and try to arrange a meeting as soon as I get back to the stamp-sized country.

:lol: I am sure children are great alarm clocks.

13 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Two lovely princesses. And what will the mini Sith be doing at the wedding? Is she going to be all adorable using the Force lightning as mood lightning during the party? :P

I didn't. I will probably in a few days (if I can wait that long, I have no self conrol now, it seems) and try to arrange a meeting as soon as I get back to the stamp-sized country.

:lol: I am sure children are great alarm clocks.

Yes, we’re going to be very princessy :D, I feel so lucky that the laws changed a few years ago to allow us to get married properly, and the overwhelming support from everyone we know to get married. Even my gran who is over 80 has been nothing other than accepting and supportive of us and loves my fiancée , although I guess having a lesbian granddaughter might be kind of trendy at bridge club nowadays?:lmao:.

Mini Sith has an adorable dress, I’m worried she’s going to steal our thunder, she’s still too little to learn force lightning yet, although her force choke is coming on well and she might get her first lightsaber soon :P, mostly we’re just hoping she stays settled and behaves through the day.

I really hope things work out well for you with the crush :).

43 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Dancing is fun. :) Who got married anyway?

I am sorry to hear about your father.

But but but I want to have fun with commitment! I am greedy like that. Obviously I don't actually know what his wishes are at this point, so maybe he doesn't want any fun at all, with or without it. In which case ... bummer.

The son of some friends of my parents. It was one of those awkward events where you technically know a lot of people, but haven’t talked to them in 10+ years or you aren’t really friends, and there’s history and small town judgment... Overall weirdness and the issue of what’s more awkward: to small talk or not to small talk. We did say hi to each with an old classmate of mine and I did chat to my old kindergarten teacher about her family (her older daughter went to primary school with me, her younger daughter with sister). The bride was a girl from primary school/kindergarten too, and also the awkward karate group I went to a handful of times when I was 14 and she was 13 but we never had much interaction even back then. I could go on, but you get it. Anyway, it was a nice and okay wedding, not bad, not great. /ramble 

I totally understand and feel that, I’m just torn about how your limited time at home will favor the commitment part. Anyway, I agree with Lord Sidious that you should go for the fun if he’s interested too, regardless of how the commitment part turns out. 

42 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Yaaaay. I mean who doesn’t want to be a princess on their wedding day? I’m sure you will both look absolutely stunning. If you ever want to link us pictures to the designs you wore - after the wedding, obviously- don’t hold back :lol: I have an unhealthy obsession with looking at pretty gowns. 

38 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Nice, nice :lol: this must be a mutually enjoyable living arrangement :lol: 

we ended up leaving shortly after 1am, which is kind of okay. So far my father isn’t worse, he went to his acupuncture treatment which is supposedly helping so there’s that. I’m still very displeased with all the “responsible adult” friends of theirs who peer pressured him into the drinking and dancing. I mean I’m very happy he didn’t get worse and that’s the priority. Still, this kinda attitude from people in their 50s is just not okay. /ramble 

14 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

The son of some friends of my parents. It was one of those awkward events where you technically know a lot of people, but haven’t talked to them in 10+ years or you aren’t really friends, and there’s history and small town judgment... Overall weirdness and the issue of what’s more awkward: to small talk or not to small talk. We did say hi to each with an old classmate of mine and I did chat to my old kindergarten teacher about her family (her older daughter went to primary school with me, her younger daughter with sister). The bride was a girl from primary school/kindergarten too, and also the awkward karate group I went to a handful of times when I was 14 and she was 13 but we never had much interaction even back then. I could go on, but you get it. Anyway, it was a nice and okay wedding, not bad, not great. /ramble 

I totally understand and feel that, I’m just torn about how your limited time at home will favor the commitment part. Anyway, I agree with Lord Sidious that you should go for the fun if he’s interested too, regardless of how the commitment part turns out. 

Yaaaay. I mean who doesn’t want to be a princess on their wedding day? I’m sure you will both look absolutely stunning. If you ever want to link us pictures to the designs you wore - after the wedding, obviously- don’t hold back :lol: I have an unhealthy obsession with looking at pretty gowns. 

Nice, nice :lol: this must be a mutually enjoyable living arrangement :lol: 

we ended up leaving shortly after 1am, which is kind of okay. So far my father isn’t worse, he went to his acupuncture treatment which is supposedly helping so there’s that. I’m still very displeased with all the “responsible adult” friends of theirs who peer pressured him into the drinking and dancing. I mean I’m very happy he didn’t get worse and that’s the priority. Still, this kinda attitude from people in their 50s is just not okay. /ramble 

I’m so excited about it already, I don’t know weather we are going to do the traditional thing of staying apart the night before or not, if we do, I will stay at a friends because it’s not fair for her to now she’s pregnant, I’m so excited to see her dress now too and I know she is about mine!.

Yes I don’t want future sister in law staying for too long, I don’t mind her going out partying at all, just be quiet when you come home!, that and my no smoking in the house rule means just that, not leaning out of your bedroom window a bit!.

I think her parents want her to stay with us because big sister can keep an eye on her more, she is definitely the more sensible and caring one of them.

She was not too pleased by the visit form an energetic, enthusiastic mini Sith this morning, it was very funny for us though.

I hope your dad is ok :).

28 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Yes, we’re going to be very princessy :D, I feel so lucky that the laws changed a few years ago to allow us to get married properly, and the overwhelming support from everyone we know to get married. Even my gran who is over 80 has been nothing other than accepting and supportive of us and loves my fiancée , although I guess having a lesbian granddaughter might be kind of trendy at bridge club nowadays?:lmao:.

Mini Sith has an adorable dress, I’m worried she’s going to steal our thunder, she’s still too little to learn force lightning yet, although her force choke is coming on well and she might get her first lightsaber soon :P, mostly we’re just hoping she stays settled and behaves through the day.

I really hope things work out well for you with the crush :).

Great to hear all your family is so supporting. :)

Hopefully she won't get her pretty dress all dirty! I am sure I would have done that as a child. :leaving:

Thank you.

19 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yep, I get it. Now ... you did karate when you were 14? Sorry, but ... that surprised me, I would have thought you had hobbies like ... IDK, ballett or horse-riding or IDK, girly things. Apparently I had a completely wrong impression of you. Sorry! :blushing:

19 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I know. Thank you for keeping me realistic. :/

4 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Yes I don’t want future sister in law staying for too long, I don’t mind her going out partying at all, just be quiet when you come home!, that and my no smoking in the house rule means just that, not leaning out of your bedroom window a bit!.

I think her parents want her to stay with us because big sister can keep an eye on her more, she is definitely the more sensible and caring one of them.

She was not too pleased by the visit form an energetic, enthusiastic mini Sith this morning, it was very funny for us though.

Ugh, breaking those rules must be very annoying for you, sorry to hear about that.

I am sure it was very funny though.

5 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Hopefully she won't get her pretty dress all dirty! I am sure I would have done that as a child. :leaving:

Thank you.

Yep, I get it. Now ... you did karate when you were 14? Sorry, but ... that surprised me, I would have thought you had hobbies like ... IDK, ballett or horse-riding or IDK, girly things. Apparently I had a completely wrong impression of you. Sorry! :blushing:

Ugh, breaking those rules must be very annoying for you, sorry to hear about that.

Hey girls can do karate you know :P, I did moto cross when I was 13, I was ok but I gave it up because I was more interested in music, that and I was getting constantly covered in bruises from when I came off.

Yes they are a bit annoying for us both but she does have her good points I guess, she’s a good babysitter, just not at 8am on a Sunday with a hangover!.

1 hour ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Hey girls can do karate you know :P, I did moto cross when I was 13, I was ok but I gave it up because I was more interested in music, that and I was getting constantly covered in bruises from when I came off.

Yes they are a bit annoying for us both but she does have her good points I guess, she’s a good babysitter, just not at 8am on a Sunday with a hangover!.

I know that! I just thought RB personally wouldn't be interested in it. :P What extracurricular activities do you wish Mini Sith to be included in?

I get to leave the shithole of a city tomorrow! :commie: Actually ... in a bit less than 22 hours. I will start packing today and finish tomorrow morning.

1 hour ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I’m so excited about it already, I don’t know weather we are going to do the traditional thing of staying apart the night before or not, if we do, I will stay at a friends because it’s not fair for her to now she’s pregnant, I’m so excited to see her dress now too and I know she is about mine!.

I hope your dad is ok :).

I think both can be special in their own way. If I ever get married I would probably move to a hotel for a week before the actual big day, to be apart from the future husband, to enjoy some spa specialties and spend time with girl friends. But it must pretty special to just cuddle up together and wait for the big day together too. Whichever you choose is going to be exciting and memorable. 

Well not keeping to the non smoking rule is rather rude. Maybe your grandma can apply her grandma magic on sister-in-law while you guys are honeymooning? Maybe she’ll calm down a little :lol: grandmas just have a way. And also, training her with early baby visits sounds like an effective option as well if all else fails :rofl: 

thank you.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Thank you.

I think it’s inevitable. But all the stains on kid’s pretty clothes are just a mark of all the fun they had, so there’s that comfort at least :D 

I wasn’t that girly by the time I was a teen, actually. I was more of a nerd/geek, though maybe a girlier than average version of that. I stayed in karate class for like two months, I wasn’t  interested or even cut out for it. I was interested in kickbox though, because of Charmed, but never tried it and I’m sure I would have sucked at that too. I did swimming regularly in middle school and horse riding semi regularly in high school. And I did 7 years of piano but I’m not musically inclined at all, so that was a grand waste of time. I also did ballet between the ages 5 to 9, then my Polish ballet teacher moved away and the class was no more. 

27 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I know that! I just thought RB personally wouldn't be interested in it. :P What extracurricular activities do you wish Mini Sith to be included in?

I get to leave the shithole of a city tomorrow! :commie: Actually ... in a bit less than 21 hours. I will start packing today and finish tomorrow morning.

Yay! Well done for pushing through and holding on in spite of the uninspiring city and feeling lonely. Glad to hear you’re finally going home! Do something fun and stimulating to make up for the boredom When you get there :commie: 

26 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I wasn’t that girly by the time I was a teen, actually. I was more of a nerd/geek, though maybe a girlier than average version of that. I stayed in karate class for like two months, I wasn’t  interested or even cut out for it. I was interested in kickbox though, because of Charmed, but never tried it and I’m sure I would have sucked at that too. I did swimming regularly in middle school and horse riding semi regularly in high school. And I did 7 years of piano but I’m not musically inclined at all, so that was a grand waste of time. I also did ballet between the ages 5 to 9, then my Polish ballet teacher moved away and the class was no more. 

Yay! Well done for pushing through and holding on in spite of the uninspiring city and feeling lonely. Glad to hear you’re finally going home! Do something fun and stimulating to make up for the boredom When you get there :commie: 

I also did learn how to play the piano - or actually, synthesizer, because we had no piano to practise on - despite not being musically talented. I just wanted to keep at it.

I never tried any martial arts, though.

Well, I am not going directly home, I am going to stay in Vienna for 3 days, and then go home. I am sure I will have fun meeting friends in Vienna already. The fun thing to do at home would be, of course, to meet up with the inappropriate crush!

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I get to leave the shithole of a city tomorrow! :commie: Actually ... in a bit less than 22 hours. I will start packing today and finish tomorrow morning.

I’d love to get Mini Sith playing piano and/or guitar when she’s a bit older, she has shown typical toddler fascination in my guitars so there is hope for her :D, she always seems most drawn to my one that is identical looking to this I can’t blame her though it is a lovely instrument, who knows maybe she just likes the colour blue.

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I think both can be special in their own way. If I ever get married I would probably move to a hotel for a week before the actual big day, to be apart from the future husband, to enjoy some spa specialties and spend time with girl friends. But it must pretty special to just cuddle up together and wait for the big day together too. Whichever you choose is going to be exciting and memorable. 

Well not keeping to the non smoking rule is rather rude. Maybe your grandma can apply her grandma magic on sister-in-law while you guys are honeymooning? Maybe she’ll calm down a little :lol: grandmas just have a way. And also, training her with early baby visits sounds like an effective option as well if all else fails :rofl: 

thank you.

I think it’s inevitable. But all the stains on kid’s pretty clothes are just a mark of all the fun they had, so there’s that comfort at least :D 

I never knew you did piano too!, I started at 6 and did it until 11 when I kind of put it on the back burner a bit as I wanted to focus on guitar, I found piano unbelievably helpful for picking up music theory though, and I would still practice it now and then, but over the last year and a bit I’ve really started to take an interest in playing piano again and now practice regularly again.

16 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I also did learn how to play the piano - or actually, synthesizer, because we had no piano to practise on - despite not being musically talented. I just wanted to keep at it.

I never tried any martial arts, though.

Well, I am not going directly home, I am going to stay in Vienna for 3 days, and then go home. I am sure I will have fun meeting friends in Vienna already. The fun thing to do at home would be, of course, to meet up with the inappropriate crush!

I enjoyed music theory a lot but I couldn’t bear with the practicing. 

Well have a great time in Vienna then! And fingers crossed for the meet up with the I appropriate crush.  

13 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I’d love to get Mini Sith playing piano and/or guitar when she’s a bit older, she has shown typical toddler fascination in my guitars so there is hope for her :D, she always seems most drawn to my one that is identical looking to this I can’t blame her though it is a lovely instrument, who knows maybe she just likes the colour blue.

I never knew you did piano too!, I started at 6 and did it until 11 when I kind of put it on the back burner a bit as I wanted to focus on guitar, I found piano unbelievably helpful for picking up music theory though, and I would still practice it now and then, but over the last year and a bit I’ve really started to take an interest in playing piano again and now practice regularly again.

Is your partner good at music too? Maybe mini sith inherited your (and her) ear and she’ll love music like her mama(s). 

Like I said above, I hated the practicing part, that was essentially why I never got any good or why I never started enjoying it. I suppose I was just too lazy to put sufficient amount of work in it. 

12 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Well have a great time in Vienna then! And fingers crossed for the meet up with the I appropriate crush.  

Is your partner good at music too? Maybe mini sith inherited your (and her) ear and she’ll love music like her mama(s). 

Like I said above, I hated the practicing part, that was essentially why I never got any good or why I never started enjoying it. I suppose I was just too lazy to put sufficient amount of work in it. 

My partner isn’t musical at all, that and she tends to listen to current pop music, if anything she is a bad influence on mini Siths ears! :lmao:.

She is good with languages that’s her thing and music is mine :D.

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

For me it was the opposite, I didn't really like theory, but I liked playing.

Thanks!

So the luggage is ready, just waiting for the house manager to get the key back and then I am off! I still have some hours to kill till my train departs, so enough time.

9 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

My partner isn’t musical at all, that and she tends to listen to current pop music, if anything she is a bad influence on mini Siths ears! :lmao:.

She is good with languages that’s her thing and music is mine :D.

So the lucky scenario is that mini sith inherits her language skills and your ear. :D fingers crossed! Also could you tell your partner to please send some language skills my way, I soooooo need to update my German :eek: 

8 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

For me it was the opposite, I didn't really like theory, but I liked playing.

Thanks!

So the luggage is ready, just waiting for the house manager to get the key back and then I am off! I still have some hours to kill till my train departs, so enough time.

Hope you’re on your way since then. Time to kill at the railway station is always good, you get to grab a coffee, some snacks, a magazine. At least that’s how I spend €20 even on a two-hour train ride. 

Aaaaaand this summer officially broke me.  I’m having Cuba Libre for dinner and I have zero shame about it.

at least my father seems to be feeling better though his medical results are only due in a couple days. 

Well I’m letting go of this day to drink more Cuba Libres and listen to the Anastasia musical and either watch tv or play sims and maybe stress cry a little. See you all tomorrow. :leaving: 

Hope you’re on your way since then. Time to kill at the railway station is always good, you get to grab a coffee, some snacks, a magazine. At least that’s how I spend €20 even on a two-hour train ride. 

Yes, I am well on my way by now! I bought some food, although I also still have some with me. Just an hour and a half more on this train and then - Vienna.

Well I’m letting go of this day to drink more Cuba Libres and listen to the Anastasia musical and either watch tv or play sims and maybe stress cry a little. See you all tomorrow. :leaving: 

:grouphug: This doesn't sound all that good. Want to talk to a faceless stranger on the Internet about it? :grouphug:

Archived