TTTNE 475 - for the Honour of Greyskull!

felice

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yup, yup we did, for an obscene amount of money, but we did. I’m hoping to see a doctor at home, but we have a bank holiday so it’s going to be an emergency adventure anyway. Thank you! 

Noooo, because you no longer give a crap about what everybody thinks and you are more self-confident and love yourself for who you are not who you should be. Or so I hear from acquaintances over 30. 

Come on, you are worth way more than that. You are great! :commie: 

Yup it really sucks. It’s about as bad as missing the flight in Paris was. But what are you gonna do? :bang: 

thanks! 

Well, I hope your acquaintances are right. :P

If you say so! :commie:

Glad you managed to find an earlier flight, good luck with the doctor!

4 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I might have to start matchmaking for you, what is it straight girls go for?, tall,

Eh, height is not that imporatant to me, TBH.

dark

I suppose I fancy dark-haired people more often than fair-haired ones, true. :P

and evil, that’s right isn’t it?:P.

No, why would I want an evil man? :o

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Well, I hope your acquaintances are right. :P

If you say so! :commie:

Glad you managed to find an earlier flight, good luck with the doctor!

Eh, height is not that imporatant to me, TBH.

I suppose I fancy dark-haired people more often than fair-haired ones, true. :P

No, why would I want an evil man? :o

The whole bad boy stereotype I guess :P, I'm the opposite, I'm dark haired but I've nearly always gone for blondes :D.

9 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

The whole bad boy stereotype I guess :P, I'm the opposite, I'm dark haired but I've nearly always gone for blondes :D.

Eh. No bad boys for me. I want somebody good, whom I can count on.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Eh. No bad boys for me. I want somebody good, whom I can count on.

I can’t say I blame you there, I married a complete sweetheart, she is not feeling good this morning though so I let her have a nice sleep while I got up to deal with mini Sith.

So I’m home and I went to see an on duty doctor (because general practitioner offices are closed for the long weekend) who said surprisingly sensible things. Apparently whatever viral infection I have I got it from sitting, standing and walking under AC systems and their dirty, unsanitary, compressed air. Yay. 

He told me to be patient because that’s how viral infections are, they take time to go away and there isn’t really any way to speed that up other than taking vitamins, throat drops and painkillers if I feel like I need it. He also said that it’s a modern day fantasy that getting ill can be fixed in one day, people need to sit their ass down and recover patiently and trust that the world won’t crumble over their heads if they stop running around for some days to rest. He also said that it’s an urban legend that hot tea is good for a sore throat because pouring any hot liquid down my inflamed throat was like running hot water on a burned hand. He also said that people are mistaken to rush and bring down any small fever, as ,in fact, a fever is the body’s natural and necessary way to root out the infection. And thus one should only take medicine for fever when it’s as high as 38.3-5C and causes moderate discomfort. Very unorthodox communication for a doctor but it was too logical to not sound true and authentic. I suppose I’m just too used to incompetent GPs who will stuff you with all the tablets a medicine producer asked them to endorse?

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

So I’m home and I went to see an on duty doctor (because general practitioner offices are closed for the long weekend) who said surprisingly sensible things. Apparently whatever viral infection I have I got it from sitting, standing and walking under AC systems and their dirty, unsanitary, compressed air. Yay.

I am glad you are home, safe, and managed to see a sensible doctor. Now listen to him and rest for a few days. I hope you get better soon.

Daily rant: why is it so effing hot in this goddamn city that you can’t even tell if it’s just disgustingly hot you still have a fever. Also, why do I feel worse than I did yesterday? Why is my cough worse and should I go back to the doctors and when will it go away? It’s sooooo annooooooying. 

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Daily rant: why is it so effing hot in this goddamn city that you can’t even tell if it’s just disgustingly hot you still have a fever. Also, why do I feel worse than I did yesterday? Why is my cough worse and should I go back to the doctors and when will it go away? It’s sooooo annooooooying. 

If you’re not sure then go back the doctors, better safe than sorry imo.

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

:grouphug:

I spent the last few days proofreading like crazy to be finished today. Two friends from far away are visiting and I am also trying to spend as much time with them as possible. On Saturday, going to the summer translation course at the seaside. Excited. Lots of stuff happening.

@Buckwheat

If I could offer some advice, take it or leave it -

It might be a good idea to try traveling more and further afield on your own. I know it's not as romantic or the same as traveling with a partner, but there's time for all that. And getting away from home and exploring new places can do wonders for your confidence, self-esteem and general well-being. And who knows, you might meet someone while traveling as well.

It can be scary at first, and its certainly different when you're traveling alone, but once you get used to it it offers an entire world of freedom and opportunity. And I don't really mean Europe, but further afield, the Americas, Asia, Australia etc.

You might find it helps you embark upon that next chapter of your life - I've certainly found that it helped me to embark on mine.

And if other continents are too far away, you could always visit the UK before it implodes entirely. :P

20 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Huh? You are clearly a few pages behind the discussion, abbie, keep up!

I just visited the UK, alone, three weeks ago!

But I mean more big trips further afield, places that are culturally different - see Korea, or Singapore, or Argentina!

The UK thing was mostly just making dark jokes about Brexit destroying the country.

8 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

But I mean more big trips further afield, places that are culturally different - see Korea, or Singapore, or Argentina!

The UK thing was mostly just making dark jokes about Brexit destroying the country.

I don't think I am interested in visiting any of these places, really.

I would also appreciate it if you didn't post solely to give "advice" I don't need. Tell us how you are doing instead!

18 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

If you’re not sure then go back the doctors, better safe than sorry imo.

Yup, I’ll do that today. 

16 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

:grouphug:

I spent the last few days proofreading like crazy to be finished today. Two friends from far away are visiting and I am also trying to spend as much time with them as possible. On Saturday, going to the summer translation course at the seaside. Excited. Lots of stuff happening.

Wow you have an action packed summer going on. That sounds so nice! I never had any courses at the seaside! (Then again, I was never really academic so I avoided all courses that weren’t absolutely mandatory for my program.) I hope you have a very nice (not too hot, not too cold, no rain) weather for this sea side excursion. And have a great time while you’re there! 

I think all ab meant was that you don’t need to wait for anybody to travel with, you can do it on your own in the present, like you already did. And that traveling is always a great opportunity to clear your mind and explore yourself as much as the new place, find the meaning of life and whatnot, leave behind any negative feelings you might be feeling for whatever reason. Or maybe ab meant something else and I’m just reading my own thoughts into the post, (and maybe meddling in something you don’t want meddled with, in which case I apologize.)

Geee, I still feel like crap. I mean if it weren’t for the cough I would be okay, but somehow coughing all the time is very physically demanding and it makes me quite tired. And being congested gives me a headache by the end of the day and it’s simply annoying to be blowing my nose all the time. Annnnnyway, I really need to start doing some work today. Beside that, I also have a furniture pickup tonight. Thankfully with this last pickup, I’ll have sold everything from my old flat, so I can move on the schedule the renovations.... (random fact: my keyboard switched  back from English in the middle of a word and autocorrected “renovation” to renoVatikán - aka. Vatican - modern technology never fails to impress) 

20 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I think all ab meant was that you don’t need to wait for anybody to travel with, you can do it on your own in the present, like you already did. And that traveling is always a great opportunity to clear your mind and explore yourself as much as the new place, find the meaning of life and whatnot, leave behind any negative feelings you might be feeling for whatever reason.

Yes, this is what I meant haha.

I would also appreciate it if you didn't post solely to give "advice" I don't need. Tell us how you are doing instead!

Well, I've mostly spent the past few years traveling to different places, such as Japan, the Americas, France, the Netherlands, and Australia and Singapore coming up.

If I'm not at work or playing video games I'm trying to spend as much time as I can visiting far away places and cultures, making new friends and meeting up with people. Japan is the best FWIW.

It's really rewarding and fulfilling, and I thought you might enjoy it too!

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

What sort of places interest you?, I kind of imagine you to be interested in historical places?, which is good I am interested in visiting them too but I also think modern cities can be great too.

Somewhere I have never visited but would really like to sometime is Australia and New Zealand.

For you have you ever been to the US?, I go fairly regularly as I have family there, I’ve already gotten mini Sith dual nationality :D, New York is a really interesting place to visit with lots to see and do.

Don't go to Miami though I don’t think you’d like it.

Archived