TTTNE 475 - for the Honour of Greyskull!

felice

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Wow you have an action packed summer going on. That sounds so nice! I never had any courses at the seaside! (Then again, I was never really academic so I avoided all courses that weren’t absolutely mandatory for my program.) I hope you have a very nice (not too hot, not too cold, no rain) weather for this sea side excursion. And have a great time while you’re there!

Haha yes, I don't think one can say I have't been travelling enough this summer! Since the beginning of July, I haven't spent a whole week sleeping at home.

Well, this course is in no way mandatory, especially since I took it so many times before that I almost see it as a holiday. I expect it to be great.

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Geee, I still feel like crap. I mean if it weren’t for the cough I would be okay, but somehow coughing all the time is very physically demanding and it makes me quite tired. And being congested gives me a headache by the end of the day and it’s simply annoying to be blowing my nose all the time. Annnnnyway, I really need to start doing some work today. Beside that, I also have a furniture pickup tonight. Thankfully with this last pickup, I’ll have sold everything from my old flat, so I can move on the schedule the renovations.... 

Get better. Good luck with the house and furniture.

4 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

Yes, this is what I meant haha.

Well, I've mostly spent the past few years traveling to different places, such as Japan, the Americas, France, the Netherlands, and Australia and Singapore coming up.

If I'm not at work or playing video games I'm trying to spend as much time as I can visiting far away places and cultures, making new friends and meeting up with people. Japan is the best FWIW.

It's really rewarding and fulfilling, and I thought you might enjoy it too!

I already do. As much as I can afford it, of course, I certainly have no money for a trip to another continent now (am trying to save for a new computer since the old one is dying a slow and painful death). A friend invited me to make a short trip for New Year ... I can probably do that. But I will have to take it out of my savings ...

3 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

What sort of places interest you?, I kind of imagine you to be interested in historical places?, which is good I am interested in visiting them too but I also think modern cities can be great too

Somewhere I have never visited but would really like to sometime is Australia and New Zealand.

For you have you ever been to the US?, I go fairly regularly as I have family there, I’ve already gotten mini Sith dual nationality :D, New York is a really interesting place to visit with lots to see and do.

Don't go to Miami though I don’t think you’d like it.

Yes, historical is great. If it is beside the sea, that much better. I enjoyed sightseeing everything in Edinburgh a lot.

Nope, never been outside Europe. And as I said, right now no money to do it. I am still living with my parents and my priority should be saving to move out.

What about Miami?

Anyway, I just didn't appreciate Abbie's advice since well, I do travel, I just expressed my wish to not do it alone, and then he basically comes and says "just do it alone". Also because I thought we had moved from the discussion days ago. Also because he hasn't posted in ages and then came in only to lecture me.

I didn't intend to lecture anyone, just to be supportive and encouraging.

I read how you were feeling and recognize that not so long ago I felt similarly in a lot of ways, so I thought I'd contribute.

For a long time, I didn't travel because I couldn't find people to travel with, but in the end, I had to accept that if I kept waiting around for people to travel with I'd never go anywhere.

So I decided to go on my own even though it wasn't ideal - and I ended up making a lot more friends and finding more people to travel with that way.

Anywho, it seems like posting back here wasn't a good idea, so maybe I'll catch you guys around some time down the road.

3 hours ago, felice said:

Next year is the ideal time...

Any reason why?, I’d really love to go but don’t think it would be the ideal time for a trip next year with a toddler and a newborn :(

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

I’d love to go to New Zealand to see LOTR locations and Hobbition! Definitely on the bucketlist. One day, one day. I’m fine without Australia for some reason though. 

I agree with you, NZ looks so beautiful.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Haha yes, I don't think one can say I have't been travelling enough this summer! Since the beginning of July, I haven't spent a whole week sleeping at home.

Well, this course is in no way mandatory, especially since I took it so many times before that I almost see it as a holiday. I expect it to be great.

I already do. As much as I can afford it, of course, I certainly have no money for a trip to another continent now (am trying to save for a new computer since the old one is dying a slow and painful death). A friend invited me to make a short trip for New Year ... I can probably do that. But I will have to take it out of my savings ...

Yes, historical is great. If it is beside the sea, that much better. I enjoyed sightseeing everything in Edinburgh a lot.

Nope, never been outside Europe. And as I said, right now no money to do it. I am still living with my parents and my priority should be saving to move out.

What about Miami?

Anyway, I just didn't appreciate Abbie's advice since well, I do travel, I just expressed my wish to not do it alone, and then he basically comes and says "just do it alone". Also because I thought we had moved from the discussion days ago. Also because he hasn't posted in ages and then came in only to lecture me.

I thought you would like Edinburgh!, I’ve not been there myself but it looks so interesting.

Miami, I just couldn’t see you liking it much it is very extroverted and modern and pretty much only famous for the clubbing/house music, Cuban food and drugs.

I really think you’d like New York though, and Boston :).

1 hour ago, ab aeterno said:

I didn't intend to lecture anyone, just to be supportive and encouraging.

I read how you were feeling and recognize that not so long ago I felt similarly in a lot of ways, so I thought I'd contribute.

For a long time, I didn't travel because I couldn't find people to travel with, but in the end, I had to accept that if I kept waiting around for people to travel with I'd never go anywhere.

So I decided to go on my own even though it wasn't ideal - and I ended up making a lot more friends and finding more people to travel with that way.

Anywho, it seems like posting back here wasn't a good idea, so maybe I'll catch you guys around some time down the road.

Well, I decided the same and already travelled that way. And guess what, liked it too! I don't need you to tell me to do that again. :p

I apologise for being snappy. You are welcome to post here. I felt I was being lectured by somebody who only logged in to be smart.

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Wow! That’s a lot of being on the go :eek: hope you enjoyed it! 

Thank you. We’re still at the flat, the people who bought the furniture are still carrying it down to the pickup truck. 

3 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

Come on now, it was a misunderstanding and it got cleared up. 

How are you doing? 

7 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Any reason why?, I’d really love to go but don’t think it would be the ideal time for a trip next year with a toddler and a newborn :(

The WorldCon is in NZ next year (29 July - 2 August), for the first and probably only time. Though on the other hand, if you're not into skiing, summer would probably be more pleasant (though our winters are pretty mild), and yeah, it's a long way to travel with such little kids.

10 hours ago, felice said:

The WorldCon is in NZ next year (29 July - 2 August), for the first and probably only time. Though on the other hand, if you're not into skiing, summer would probably be more pleasant (though our winters are pretty mild), and yeah, it's a long way to travel with such little kids.

I’d not be too worried about going in winter, I think they’re more mild than ours in the UK?.

Tell me about it, I was thinking about visiting family in California later this year and I’m dreading an 11 hour flight with mini Sith.

How is everyone’s weekend going so far?, we are going to a farm today it’s one of those ones that have tours and stuff and is aimed at kids so we thought it would be a fun day out as mini Sith liked the last one we went to but this one is much bigger and better organised by the look of it.

1 hour ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I’d not be too worried about going in winter, I think they’re more mild than ours in the UK?.

It doesn't snow every decade here, so yeah, pretty mild. It gets chillier down south, though. Especially if you count Scott Base!

13 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Random question of the day: 

How much money is it acceptable to spend on autumn candles? 

Thank you for your input. 

No idea what these are and I am still firmly in summer. I enjoyed so much swimming in the calm sea in the morning. Be jealous.

I am pretty sure something called fancy autumn candles is not available on this island.

It is a bank holiday here, it was really hot here yesterday I thought it would be fun to go and get a little paddling pool for the garden for mini Sith, she had so much fun splashing us both and we are going to go out in the garden again today to have more paddling pool fun!, we’ve also got friends coming over to have a little bbq, organising that is definitely my wife’s department though as I am a hopeless cook, we did get some really nice stuff from the supermarket yesterday though so I’m looking forward to today.

11 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

No idea what these are and I am still firmly in summer. I enjoyed so much swimming in the calm sea in the morning. Be jealous.

I am pretty sure something called fancy autumn candles is not available on this island.

Oh that sounds lovely what island are you on?, I wish I could swim in the sea, salt water always seems to irritate my skin :(.

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 4:53 AM, RhaenysBee said:

Hi first! So nice to see you around and so nice to hear you’re enjoying a great book. 

Gotta keep checking in every now and then ;) It's slow going here but it's nice to drop by and read some updates on everyone's autumn candle shopping.

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 8:58 AM, Buckwheat said:

Liveship Traders are the best. :wub: Welcome back.

Now we only need to get you to watch CXG.

Yeah, it's still my favorite (which made it especially nice to see some old faces).

Nah, I have too much to watch already :P I put up a list of the 30 most pressing shows and movies on my wall so I can cross them off, but it's slow going. 

On 8/28/2019 at 5:59 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Smoking gives you wrinkles? Or what does the author say this free interpretation advice means? :lol: 

while i can give testimony that, yes, smoking gives you wrinkles...therefore your interpretation is valid but i was going for best advice is no advice...

:smoking:

15 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Gotta keep checking in every now and then ;) It's slow going here but it's nice to drop by and read some updates on everyone's autumn candle shopping.

Indeed, because we are very happy to see you. Are you at uni already? How is your program these days? And how was your summer? 

Meh, I don’t even have time do the laundry. Or breathe, you know. I might ditch the autumn candles for an autumn survival pack. Or pay for a cleaning service. Ironically that costs the same amount of money as an autumn candle. I don’t know if that speaks volumes about Eastern Europe or US candle capitalism. 

9 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

while i can give testimony that, yes, smoking gives you wrinkles...therefore your interpretation is valid but i was going for best advice is no advice...

:smoking:

I don’t know about that, but then, I’m a pathologically indecisive person. 

Archived