TTTNE 475 - for the Honour of Greyskull!

felice

On 8/27/2019 at 6:28 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Ah, guys. How long is quarter life crisis supposed to last? I mean one would think it was over in 1-2 years. But then why the fuck don’t I know what to do with my life again? 

I'm feeling this right now, and I'm over 30, technically :) so don't worry

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 10:21 AM, RhaenysBee said:

Indeed, because we are very happy to see you. Are you at uni already? How is your program these days? And how was your summer? 

Meh, I don’t even have time do the laundry. Or breathe, you know. I might ditch the autumn candles for an autumn survival pack. Or pay for a cleaning service. Ironically that costs the same amount of money as an autumn candle. I don’t know if that speaks volumes about Eastern Europe or US candle capitalism. 

I am! My current courses aren't very interesting, but tomorrow I have a deadline for choosing a country to do an exchange with for half a year, so that's pretty cool. (The application process is this weird Kafka-like labyrinth of confusing sites, missing information and links that no longer work so I'll be very glad to have it over with). 
And my summer was great, I had almost three months of various trips and fun nights out :) Did you do anything nice?

That sucks, but I'd say candles are an integral part of any autumn survival pack. I feel like a proper adult every time I take a minute to light one :P 

11 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I'm feeling this right now, and I'm over 30, technically :) so don't worry

Well I’m really hoping it’ll be over soon.

2 hours ago, First of My Name said:

I am! My current courses aren't very interesting, but tomorrow I have a deadline for choosing a country to do an exchange with for half a year, so that's pretty cool. (The application process is this weird Kafka-like labyrinth of confusing sites, missing information and links that no longer work so I'll be very glad to have it over with). 
And my summer was great, I had almost three months of various trips and fun nights out :) Did you do anything nice?

That sucks, but I'd say candles are an integral part of any autumn survival pack. I feel like a proper adult every time I take a minute to light one :P 

That’s niiiiiiice! And what options are you considering? (Also, tell me about it, that application process was a good chunk of the reason why I never did an Erasmus - or any other similar program) 

my summer was very bland and grownup, I was working, selling furniture from my old apartment and hunting for renovators to do it up. I didn’t have too much work so there was room for some chill cocktail filled evenings. Also visited Belfast to see some GOT locations, that was great except for getting ill and having to fly back a day early. 

Love that way of thinking about candles :lol:  I feel inspired to spend a stupid amount of money on them again :D 

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 4:13 PM, RhaenysBee said:

That’s niiiiiiice! And what options are you considering? (Also, tell me about it, that application process was a good chunk of the reason why I never did an Erasmus - or any other similar program) 

my summer was very bland and grownup, I was working, selling furniture from my old apartment and hunting for renovators to do it up. I didn’t have too much work so there was room for some chill cocktail filled evenings. Also visited Belfast to see some GOT locations, that was great except for getting ill and having to fly back a day early. 

Love that way of thinking about candles :lol:  I feel inspired to spend a stupid amount of money on them again :D 

My current top 3 is Barcelona, Madrid and Stockholm. I'll hear more in a month or so. And I'll be very glad to never repeat that process again, yeah. (Though I do hope I'll get some sweet free Erasmus money).

Belfast sounds nice, shame about your illness. What did they film there, Winterfell? 

7 hours ago, First of My Name said:

My current top 3 is Barcelona, Madrid and Stockholm. I'll hear more in a month or so. And I'll be very glad to never repeat that process again, yeah. (Though I do hope I'll get some sweet free Erasmus money).

Belfast sounds nice, shame about your illness. What did they film there, Winterfell? 

I went through these processes a few times now. They turn into a routine at some point. And free Erasmus money is great. Good luck.

On 9/3/2019 at 4:27 PM, First of My Name said:

Those all sound really nice! A friend of mine did about 2-3 semesters of Erasmus in A Coruña near Barcelona and absolutely loved it. Stockholm also sounds amazing, just in a different way. Hope you find the best option for you! 

Oh lots of things, Greyjoy locations, Winterfell and the Twins, a bit of Braavos, unlimited amount of forest and battle scenes. It was really fun to see them. 

21 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Do you think Erasmus would cover mini Sith to study on Korriban in the future? :P.

I’m trying to lighten my bad mood at the moment I think I’ve picked up a hamstring injury while running this morning :angry2:.

Oh damn, that doesn’t sound good. How are you feeling now? Is it any better? 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Those all sound really nice! A friend of mine did about 2-3 semesters of Erasmus in A Coruña near Barcelona and absolutely loved it. Stockholm also sounds amazing, just in a different way. Hope you find the best option for you! 

Oh lots of things, Greyjoy locations, Winterfell and the Twins, a bit of Braavos, unlimited amount of forest and battle scenes. It was really fun to see them. 

Oh damn, that doesn’t sound good. How are you feeling now? Is it any better? 

It’s still sore, it will be for a couple of weeks I expect :(.

What was the GoT tour like?, I feel like I’d get disappointed if I didn’t get to pet a dragon :P.

On 9/1/2019 at 4:13 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Did you see Winterfell?

On 9/3/2019 at 4:27 PM, First of My Name said:

I'd say if you wanna go to Spain go to Barcelona without a doubt!! But Madrid has also lots of big things to see (not beach though) and I've heard great things about Stockholm, that it is so cute.

On 9/1/2019 at 10:13 AM, RhaenysBee said:

<snip>

...you know me as a happy optimistic bag of joy...therefore here are my words...shit is going to work out great for all of you precious youngsters here in TTTNE

of course in reality there is this undeniable fact...i am 68 yrs decrepit on Hallowe'en and i am still in my quarter life crisis...it just so happens that i have finally made it to the last quarter of my life so the word crisis is relative... ;)

:smoking:

12 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

...you know me as a happy optimistic bag of joy...therefore here are my words...shit is going to work out great for all of you precious youngsters here in TTTNE

of course in reality there is this undeniable fact...i am 68 yrs decrepit on Hallowe'en and i am still in my quarter life crisis...it just so happens that i have finally made it to the last quarter of my life so the word crisis is relative... ;)

You are so sweet to find that inner positivity in your heart for us, sniffer :kiss: 

haha, a fourth quarter is still a quarter and you will make the most of it, crisis or not. I had a three hour FaceTime session with my friend yesterday and she was telling me how her recently retired mom was living her best life and having a more bubbly social life than us (my friend and I). 

is it socially acceptable to order a taxi for a selective waste drop-off? It’s raining and I cannot find it in myself to drag three bags of empty glass bottles and jars on public transport and a fourth bag of polystyrene. I just can’t. And I don’t want to keep them lying around for another week because the clutter makes me sick. okay I’ll take a time out in the corner and think about my privilege. See you all later. 

Ugh, not a great start to the weekend for me, firstly I have my hamstring injury :(, secondly it’s that time of the month :( and thirdly my wife’s sister came home after partying very late at like 4am and was really noisy which of course woke radar ears mini Sith up and she took ages to settle back down then woke up again an hour later anyway so two tired mamas today :angry:.

On the pretty cool plus side I have a Tesla for the weekend for a demonstration and it’s really really cool.

11 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

is it socially acceptable to order a taxi for a selective waste drop-off? It’s raining and I cannot find it in myself to drag three bags of empty glass bottles and jars on public transport and a fourth bag of polystyrene. I just can’t. And I don’t want to keep them lying around for another week because the clutter makes me sick. okay I’ll take a time out in the corner and think about my privilege. See you all later. 

Wait. How far do you have to haul your waste? Aren't there bins in your street?

11 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

is it socially acceptable to order a taxi for a selective waste drop-off?

Absolutely! Not that I'm particularly well-qualified to speak on behalf of society, or taxi drivers for that matter.

12 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Wait. How far do you have to haul your waste? Aren't there bins in your street?

20 minutes by public transport. There used to a glass waste island in the next street and then some idiot at the district government decided to remove it, so now we only have the plastic and paper bins that every building has. 

22 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Ugh, not a great start to the weekend for me, firstly I have my hamstring injury :(, secondly it’s that time of the month :( and thirdly my wife’s sister came home after partying very late at like 4am and was really noisy which of course woke radar ears mini Sith up and she took ages to settle back down then woke up again an hour later anyway so two tired mamas today :angry:.

On the pretty cool plus side I have a Tesla for the weekend for a demonstration and it’s really really cool.

Is that injury not better? :/ really sorry about the partying sister in law. Friday morning I was up before sister got home, at least she didn’t wake me. 

Are you looking for a new car?

12 hours ago, felice said:

Absolutely! Not that I'm particularly well-qualified to speak on behalf of society, or taxi drivers for that matter.

One positive response is enough to justify it, so it’s fine :lol: thanks! 

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Sad. Rainy. :( I want the sea and carelessness back.

We had rain yesterday, otherwise it’s still pretty summery with sunshine and 23-4C today. Next week we’ll be above 25 again, so I don’t really feel the autumn vibes yet.

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Is that injury not better? :/ really sorry about the partying sister in law. Friday morning I was up before sister got home, at least she didn’t wake me. 

Are you looking for a new car?

One positive response is enough to justify it, so it’s fine :lol: thanks! 

It was a bit annoying, she has to stop pulling shit like that if she wants to stay with us anymore, we have a toddler and her sister is pregnant too, it isn’t very considerate so I said she can stay somewhere else if she does it again.

I think she get bad about it though because she took mini Sith out for a few hours this morning to give us some time to ourselves.

I had so many problems with my car that I got rid of it and yeah looking at a new one and going electric this time :D.

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:50 AM, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Do you think Erasmus would cover mini Sith to study on Korriban in the future? :P.

The honor of studying on Korriban cannot be bought, only earned with fire and blood.

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 8:37 AM, RhaenysBee said:

Cool, I'm hyped :) I'm sure I'll enjoy it wherever I end up, though it'd be nice if I'm in a place where people can visit me, so I don't have to miss everyone for six months.

And also cool!

Archived