TTTNE 475 - for the Honour of Greyskull!

felice

On 9/4/2019 at 10:50 AM, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Do you think Erasmus would cover mini Sith to study on Korriban in the future? :P

Do you really think Brexit won't happen before she is a university student? :P

14 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Cool, I'm hyped :) I'm sure I'll enjoy it wherever I end up, though it'd be nice if I'm in a place where people can visit me, so I don't have to miss everyone for six months.

You won't miss anyone, you will meet some of the best people on Erasmus and will have too much fun to even think of home.

Also, come to either Slovenia or Austria, they are cool countries. :cool4: #shamelessplugforViennabecauseitistheabsolutebest

5 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Do you really think Brexit won't happen before she is a university student? :P

You won't miss anyone, you will meet some of the best people on Erasmus and will have too much fun to even think of home.

Also, come to either Slovenia or Austria, they are cool countries. :cool4: #shamelessplugforViennabecauseitistheabsolutebest

I don’t think Brexit will make much difference as Korriban isn’t in the EU or Earth, or indeed the Milky Way :P, it is home to the very prestigious Sith academy, which any good parent would of course be delighted with their child joining, what better way to equip them with the knowledge of the force,guile,cunning,combat ability and lust for power needed to rule a galaxy :commie:.

On 9/8/2019 at 6:48 PM, Bittersweet Distractor said:

It was a bit annoying, she has to stop pulling shit like that if she wants to stay with us anymore, we have a toddler and her sister is pregnant too, it isn’t very considerate so I said she can stay somewhere else if she does it again.

I think she get bad about it though because she took mini Sith out for a few hours this morning to give us some time to ourselves.

I had so many problems with my car that I got rid of it and yeah looking at a new one and going electric this time :D.

Yep, absolutely agree. Hope she understands it as well. How old is mini sith already? 

Oh right!  I do recall the car problems. Makes perfect sense that you would want to change it. 

6 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Are you already there for the semester? Or are you just back from your translator summer program and temporarily home? I get mixed up with time. 

51 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I don’t think Brexit will make much difference as Korriban isn’t in the EU or Earth, or indeed the Milky Way :P, it is home to the very prestigious Sith academy, which any good parent would of course be delighted with their child joining, what better way to equip them with the knowledge of the force,guile,cunning,combat ability and lust for power needed to rule a galaxy :commie:.

Yes, but Erasmus would require you to start your education at a EU university.

1 minute ago, RhaenysBee said:

Are you already there for the semester? Or are you just back from your translator summer program and temporarily home? I get mixed up with time. 

No. Just temporarily home. I am hating it. I also discovered today that I don't have the necessary ETCS to get into the next year. :( Whoopsie.

51 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yep, absolutely agree. Hope she understands it as well. How old is mini sith already? 

Oh right!  I do recall the car problems. Makes perfect sense that you would want to change it. 

I think she does understand it this time, mini Sith will be 2 in January!, she is already 20 months old, and her younger brother or sister is due in February :commie:.

I was won over by the test drive so I’m being environmentally friendly and going electric, should have it in a few weeks!.

48 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

You’re obviously not familiar with our ways and outlook on overcoming such obstacles :P.

12 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

No. Just temporarily home. I am hating it. I also discovered today that I don't have the necessary ETCS to get into the next year. :( Whoopsie.

I’m really sorry :/ have you considered permanently moving country? Or what would make you feel better about Slo? 

Oh? How does that work? Isnt there a mandatory amount of minimum credits you need to take per semester and per year? 

12 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I think she does understand it this time, mini Sith will be 2 in January!, she is already 20 months old, and her younger brother or sister is due in February :commie:.

I was won over by the test drive so I’m being environmentally friendly and going electric, should have it in a few weeks!.

Wooooow! She must be so big! She’ll be a great sister I’m sure :D 

Congrats to the new car! 

43 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I’m really sorry :/ have you considered permanently moving country? Or what would make you feel better about Slo? 

Oh? How does that work? Isnt there a mandatory amount of minimum credits you need to take per semester and per year? 

Wooooow! She must be so big! She’ll be a great sister I’m sure :D 

Congrats to the new car! 

She is getting big now, big and mischivious!, but overall still adorable.

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Well, not living in my parents' household for a start. :P The city is adorable and I really like it, but I don't really want to live with my family anymore.

What I am mostly hating now is the autumn cold! Want more summer and seaside!

Not on PhD programs. I'll figure it out.

On 9/10/2019 at 2:12 PM, Buckwheat said:

Well, not living in my parents' household for a start. :P The city is adorable and I really like it, but I don't really want to live with my family anymore.

What I am mostly hating now is the autumn cold! Want more summer and seaside!

Not on PhD programs. I'll figure it out.

Yeah I understand. Do you see a chance for moving out in the foreseeable future? With roommates or anything? 

Sorry but I can’t agree there. I’m so ready for autumn and cold and clouds and all the good that offers (oxygen and fresh air in the city, less stinky streets, less sweating, more fashion choices) :leaving: 

On 9/10/2019 at 1:33 PM, Bittersweet Distractor said:

She is getting big now, big and mischivious!, but overall still adorable.

She’s a sith, it’s sort of an expectation, to be mischievous, isn’t it? :D 

15 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yeah I understand. Do you see a chance for moving out in the foreseeable future? With roommates or anything? 

Sorry but I can’t agree there. I’m so ready for autumn and cold and clouds and all the good that offers (oxygen and fresh air in the city, less stinky streets, less sweating, more fashion choices) :leaving: 

I could move out if I earned some more money probably, but I am just close enough to the city now that it doesn't really make financial sense because if I were to move out, I would pay everything I earn right now, and couldn't save anything. Of course I want to get a better job, but that is hard too.

How? Even if I were to accept your silly reasoning about the weather conditions, I just don't see how cold weather clothing would be more flattering or more convenient or more varied than the lovely summer collections.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I could move out if I earned some more money probably, but I am just close enough to the city now that it doesn't really make financial sense because if I were to move out, I would pay everything I earn right now, and couldn't save anything. Of course I want to get a better job, but that is hard too.

How? Even if I were to accept your silly reasoning about the weather conditions, I just don't see how cold weather clothing would be more flattering or more convenient or more varied than the lovely summer collections.

Yeah, I totally understand that. Most young people whose family lives in the city  face the same issues here. It’s financially irrational to spend one’s entire earning on rent for the sake of living alone when there is a free place of residence. 

Autumn color palettes are way more beautiful than summer ones. Also, fluffy and soft sweaters and scarves, all the boots in the world from Chelsea through combat to riding, several types of fabric and texture (as opposed to being restricted to the thinnest natural fibers or cooking yourself anything synthetic), a choice between skirts, dresses and pants, jeans without again cooking yourself alive, being generally office compatible no matter what you buy because autumn dresses do not tend to have plunging necks/backs... I could go on, but the conclusion is: autumn fashion is superior to summer fashion. :smug: :lol: 

Yeah, I totally understand that. Most young people whose family lives in the city  face the same issues here. It’s financially irrational to spend one’s entire earning on rent for the sake of living alone when there is a free place of residence. 

Autumn color palettes are way more beautiful than summer ones. Also, fluffy and soft sweaters and scarves, all the boots in the world from Chelsea through combat to riding, several types of fabric and texture (as opposed to being restricted to the thinnest natural fibers or cooking yourself anything synthetic), a choice between skirts, dresses and pants, jeans without again cooking yourself alive, being generally office compatible no matter what you buy because autumn dresses do not tend to have plunging necks/backs... I could go on, but the conclusion is: autumn fashion is superior to summer fashion. :smug: :lol: 

No no no no no. You can wear any colour palette any time you want. Fluffy sweaters are overrated. Scarves are for the winter. Sandals >>>>>>>>>>>>> boots, no danger of hot feet, more airy, easier to put on, cuter. Nothing wrong with thin natural fibers, I don't see why you would want to wear anything synthetic if cotton or linen is an option. The choice between short and long summery flowy skirts, dresses, shorts of different lengths - what is lacking? Jeans are great, but you simply don't need them when it is hot, and that is also great. One feels so much freer and lighter with less clothing. And the best is that there is no need of putting anything extra on when you leave the house and then removing it when entering a house again, so no need to carry a jacket/sweater/coat/anything else around with you, which makes summer all the more convenient all around.

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

She’s a sith, it’s sort of an expectation, to be mischievous, isn’t it? :D 

A little bit yes :P, she has learned how to run and can get up to quite a speed when she wants to, she struggles with direction changes though and often crashes when she tries to go too fast.

52 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Yay :commie:, did you succumb to temptation and join the Dark side?:P.

I didn’t! *proud* Though I didn’t really buy a new laptop, my dad gave me a company one. Not the kind I would have bought myself but now I don’t need a new one anymore so why buy? *goes to the corner to think about her privilege* 

19 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

A little bit yes :P, she has learned how to run and can get up to quite a speed when she wants to, she struggles with direction changes though and often crashes when she tries to go too fast.

Awww that’s soooooo cute. :wub: 

20 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

No no no no no. You can wear any colour palette any time you want. Fluffy sweaters are overrated. Scarves are for the winter. Sandals >>>>>>>>>>>>> boots, no danger of hot feet, more airy, easier to put on, cuter. Nothing wrong with thin natural fibers, I don't see why you would want to wear anything synthetic if cotton or linen is an option. The choice between short and long summery flowy skirts, dresses, shorts of different lengths - what is lacking? Jeans are great, but you simply don't need them when it is hot, and that is also great. One feels so much freer and lighter with less clothing. And the best is that there is no need of putting anything extra on when you leave the house and then removing it when entering a house again, so no need to carry a jacket/sweater/coat/anything else around with you, which makes summer all the more convenient all around.

My, my... you are so in the wrong, my friend. :lol: Sandals give you blisters 7 out of 10 times, if they are synthetic they get sweaty and slippery, if they are natural, the delicate material gets ruined so fast. They also require a presentable pedicure at all times for which I have less and less time. Cotton and linen is great but not too easily accessible and it’s also one certain type of style. I accept the point about flowy long skirts and dresses, that’s the one good thing about summer fashion. I don’t ever feel light or free in the summer, I simply can’t when the sun is scorching and I’m sweating and there’s no air. I love a cool breeze and oxygen flow in the streets, I love a cozy fabric and autumn patterns, warm colors and just the general feeling of not suffocating in the polluted city heat. We should take this case to court :D but I do agree to settle on a preference-based disagreement. :D 

1 hour ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Yay :commie:, did you succumb to temptation and join the Dark side?:P.

HELL NO. I'll stick to Windows.

46 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

My, my... you are so in the wrong, my friend. :lol: Sandals give you blisters 7 out of 10 times, if they are synthetic they get sweaty and slippery, if they are natural, the delicate material gets ruined so fast. They also require a presentable pedicure at all times for which I have less and less time. Cotton and linen is great but not too easily accessible and it’s also one certain type of style. I accept the point about flowy long skirts and dresses, that’s the one good thing about summer fashion. I don’t ever feel light or free in the summer, I simply can’t when the sun is scorching and I’m sweating and there’s no air. I love a cool breeze and oxygen flow in the streets, I love a cozy fabric and autumn patterns, warm colors and just the general feeling of not suffocating in the polluted city heat. We should take this case to court :D but I do agree to settle on a preference-based disagreement. :D 

I haven't had sandals give me blisters since that one pair when I was like 12. Delicate material? I have a pair I've had for 9 years that survived half of Europe and I still occasionally wear them (rarely now, because they are not that pretty anymore, but ... nine years). What is a pedicure? How are cotton and linen not easily acessible and only one type of style? I accept the point about the stinky suffocating city in the summer, but that is why you don't spend the whole summer in the city. *goes to think about her privilege* And what is the point about colours? I never saw any connection between seasons amd colours one can wear, that is just uselessly restricting yourself. And again, the point about feeling free is mostly about not carrying extra clothing with you in case it gets colder/rains.

I think we should just agree to disagree, otherwise this disagreement might just grow into an international crisis.

Awww that’s soooooo cute. :wub: 

It is very cute, except when crashing causes her to cry, but she doesn't too much she is a speedy little toddler!.

30 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

You're missing out, or to quote someone of considerable standing: "you are mistaken.....about a great.....many.....things" :P.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Linux all the way! (Except for gaming and some work purposes, but my dual boot stays in linux most days)

What is a pedicure?

Nail polish etc for the toes; the foot equivalent of a manicure.

And what is the point about colours? I never saw any connection between seasons amd colours one can wear, that is just uselessly restricting yourself.

I agree, but if you need new clothes, it can be hard to find stuff that isn't in "season appropriate" colours.

4 minutes ago, felice said:

Linux all the way! (Except for gaming and some work purposes, but my dual boot stays in linux most days)

Nail polish etc for the toes; the foot equivalent of a manicure.

I agree, but if you need new clothes, it can be hard to find stuff that isn't in "season appropriate" colours.

I know what it is in theory. It was a rhetorical question to illustrate that I don't care about it. ;)

Oh. Honestly, I don't think I ever noticed or had a problem with colours like that.

Archived