TTTNE 475 - for the Honour of Greyskull!

felice

Every time I think I am going to have a proper, pleasant yet productive weekend, it always gets fucked. I should just always prepare for a completely fucked weekend and I’d not be disappointed. Well there’s just nothing like day drinking. 

So how do you all feel about whiskey? It’s rather funny how one’s alcohol preferences change over time. I remember drinking whiskey on my school leaving banquet and thinking it was the most disgusting thing in the world. And now it has kind of grown on me. Along with rum. Though, I did always like rum.

I remember being on a big family holiday one year and just flipping out over something and having Cuba Libres in the hotel bar. There was a very nice barman who seemed to complete get how upset I had been and after round 2 he even gave me free snacks because I was (and still am) this rather small person who doesn’t seem like she has a very high tolerance for alcohol. I actually used to have a very high tolerance for alcohol when I was 19-20... then it gradually faded, I suppose, as I grew out of the uni parties era. Anyway, I’ve liked rum since that holiday. 

And I absolutely grew to dislike vodka, which was our go-to booze in late high school and at uni. Another drinking story is having the shittiest kind of vodka mixed with pulpy fruit juice on the riverbank before a freshmen party that was on a boat, because my friends refused to pay for proper drinks... it was the most disgusting thing I’ve ever drank. 

I also grew to dislike wine. It gives me heartburn. I guess that’s just stress and “age”.  Oh well.

But. I found out on Facebook that a guy I used to date at uni recently had a baby. That’s such an adorable thing. I’m so happy for him and his girlfriend. I can’t quite imagine him as a father, but I suppose five years is enough time for people’s lives to change that way. The baby is very cute too. That was like the one good news today. At least it preserved my faith in humanity. 

Okay, I’ll go back to stress tidying and then I’ll watch shitty home makeovers on YouTube, because I have an ikea trip with my friend tomorrow so I need inspiration.

I don't think I have ever had whiskey. I really dislike even the smell of most alcoholic beverages and the thought of letting go of control of myself being drunk is not pleasant to me. Also, I don't have a high tolerance at all, never got used to any alcohol.

So now I am sitting at the boringest assignment that I hope to finish today ...

12 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I don't think I have ever had whiskey. I really dislike even the smell of most alcoholic beverages and the thought of letting go of control of myself being drunk is not pleasant to me. Also, I don't have a high tolerance at all, never got used to any alcohol.

So now I am sitting at the boringest assignment that I hope to finish today ...

I understand, it’s actually very cost-effective to not drink alcohol. I can’t imagine how people who regularly go out afford it. I rather spend that money on unnecessary home decor, books I don’t have time to read or food delivery because I’m lazy to cook. Every time I go out I’m amazed by how expensive it is to have a drink in town. Insanity. 

:( that doesn’t sound fun. Hope you get it done quickly. 

7 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I understand, it’s actually very cost-effective to not drink alcohol. I can’t imagine how people who regularly go out afford it. I rather spend that money on unnecessary home decor, books I don’t have time to read or food delivery because I’m lazy to cook. Every time I go out I’m amazed by how expensive it is to have a drink in town. Insanity. 

:( that doesn’t sound fun. Hope you get it done quickly. 

Well, that too ... depends on your financial resources. I mean, I could go out and drink alcohol financially right now, as long as I still live with my parents, because living here means I don't spend all that much on my living. But I want to become more independent as far as living situation and finances are concerned, however, that is kind of impossible. I guess I can understand people who just go out and drink then, or well, buy books or whatever, because that is at least something you can afford, if you cannot move out anyway.

I don't buy home decor, my small room (it never seemed that small to me, but now I realise it is actually small - I have been living here since I was like 9 with a few intermittent stays other places like Vienna) is way too full anyway. Right now, I don't even have any more walls to put pictures up, and I think this room is too full.

Books, yes, I want to buy more books and read them too, but no space, no time. :( Still buy them sometimes.

Don't order food delivery though, I cook, or well, warm things up sometimes, or cook something simple.

Thanks. It is not even that hard, intellectually, I am just loathe to do it.

20 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Well, that too ... depends on your financial resources. I mean, I could go out and drink alcohol financially right now, as long as I still live with my parents, because living here means I don't spend all that much on my living. But I want to become more independent as far as living situation and finances are concerned, however, that is kind of impossible. I guess I can understand people who just go out and drink then, or well, buy books or whatever, because that is at least something you can afford, if you cannot move out anyway.

I don't buy home decor, my small room (it never seemed that small to me, but now I realise it is actually small - I have been living here since I was like 9 with a few intermittent stays other places like Vienna) is way too full anyway. Right now, I don't even have any more walls to put pictures up, and I think this room is too full.

Books, yes, I want to buy more books and read them too, but no space, no time. :( Still buy them sometimes.

Don't order food delivery though, I cook, or well, warm things up sometimes, or cook something simple.

Thanks. It is not even that hard, intellectually, I am just loathe to do it.

Yeah, I could too, I just prefer to spend my money on shit I don’t need rather than booze. As for the living situation, not sure how it is in your city, but real estate prices are on another planet here. So as difficult as it might seem it’s probably wise for you stay with your parents until you’re financially stable enough to pay reasonable rent or price for your own place. Here rent prices start with 6 digits at this point, even in the outer parts of the city in the crappiest Buildings in the city. It’s very interesting as a business case study, really, and very sad as a financial problem for average people. 

My old room at my parents house is so sad. I have very few of my childhood possessions in there, it’s really just an empty shell of the room it used to be. Sister uses it to store her luggage and books when she’s home and for some inexplicable reason, my mother houses a 25 year old spinning machine there too. I should move my sentimental stuff here and tell my mother to utilize that room however she sees fit. (Of course my mother doesn’t utilize stuff, she sits and waits for stuff to utilize/solve itself - this is unkind, but I’m still very stressed about some family stuff) 

I want to experiment with cooking a buy more too. I’m kinda confident with fish and pasta and certain soups. But I should really venture into the frightening world of cooking meat dishes and... the kind of foods that are a bunch on ingredients layered in an oven safe dish. I don’t know what that’s called in English. 

again, I feel you, that was 80% of my uni years. Stay strong and carry on! 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

So how do you all feel about whiskey? It’s rather funny how one’s alcohol preferences change over time. I remember drinking whiskey on my school leaving banquet and thinking it was the most disgusting thing in the world. And now it has kind of grown on me. Along with rum. Though, I did always like rum.

I've probably tried whiskey at some point, but if so, I don't recall how it tasted. Rum is great, and wine has grown on me somewhat, but cider is my preferred alcoholic beverage.

36 minutes ago, felice said:

I've probably tried whiskey at some point, but if so, I don't recall how it tasted. Rum is great, and wine has grown on me somewhat, but cider is my preferred alcoholic beverage.

I do like cider even though I usually dislike bubbly things. But I definitely always get cider when other people drink beer.

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I remember being on a big family holiday one year and just flipping out over something and having Cuba Libres in the hotel bar. There was a very nice barman who seemed to complete get how upset I had been and after round 2 he even gave me free snacks because I was (and still am) this rather small person who doesn’t seem like she has a very high tolerance for alcohol. I actually used to have a very high tolerance for alcohol when I was 19-20... then it gradually faded, I suppose, as I grew out of the uni parties era. Anyway, I’ve liked rum since that holiday. 

Mmmh, not sure. I don't remember how alcoholic drinks taste actually. Maybe never did..??.since I don't like them. I used to drink just for the effects it caused, not for the taste. 

I became a teetotaler for health reasons a while ago, although some weeks ago I made a small break drinking a little bit, but I hated the effects of the next day. A lot...

The ones I "like" drinking  the most are liqueur 43 with coke and Malibu rum with pineapple juice.  In Spain everyone calls "cubata" (cubalibre) to any combo of alcoholic drink+soda,/non-alcoholic drink although technically it's just the former with rum coke.
I have never liked wine nor sangria ever, not even to get drunk, although they were quite effective. 

However, I kinda like the taste of beer.

In my best days I also remember I used to start getting "slightly drunk" with three cubatas, but my tolerance could be up to 5 and a shot glass. 

Now I very rarely get drunk anymore, but I still have fun even if the others drink. Or I try, I'm the healthy one.

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

And I absolutely grew to dislike vodka, which was our go-to booze in late high school and at uni. Another drinking story is having the shittiest kind of vodka mixed with pulpy fruit juice on the riverbank before a freshmen party that was on a boat, because my friends refused to pay for proper drinks... it was the most disgusting thing I’ve ever drank. 

I also grew to dislike wine. It gives me heartburn. I guess that’s just stress and “age”.  Oh well.

I used to drink vodka wih Fanta to get "slightly drunk" as well. I didn't completely dislike it, but....oh well, I know I didn't like it. It's been a long since those days...and I absolutely agree with the bad quality types, which are even worse. And the effects of the next day are not comparable to a good quality licqueur.

But. I found out on Facebook that a guy I used to date at uni recently had a baby. That’s such an adorable thing. I’m so happy for him and his girlfriend. I can’t quite imagine him as a father, but I suppose five years is enough time for people’s lives to change that way. The baby is very cute too. That was like the one good news today. At least it preserved my faith in humanity. 

Okay, I’ll go back to stress tidying and then I’ll watch shitty home makeovers on YouTube, because I have an ikea trip with my friend tomorrow so I need inspiration.

From my school, I know some people  who have had kids, but I can count them with my hand. There have been a few marriages as well, but the majority of people from generation are either single or in relationships, but not married. What's the average age to marry in your country? (If there is that?) 'because I'm older than you, no? Like...5/7 years? I'm still wondering what's the one here in m country, since now marriages are starting to become not an "uncommon" thing in my fb, even if rare. The other day I saw the brother of a guy from my class announcing his marriage on fb, and I was a bit "surprised", since he had wanted something -not serious- with me like three years ago, but I had declined since I was not looking for that, even if I thought he was very attractive. It's one of those "odd" feelings in the middle of the week....

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yeah, I could too, I just prefer to spend my money on shit I don’t need rather than booze. As for the living situation, not sure how it is in your city, but real estate prices are on another planet here. So as difficult as it might seem it’s probably wise for you stay with your parents until you’re financially stable enough to pay reasonable rent or price for your own place. Here rent prices start with 6 digits at this point, even in the outer parts of the city in the crappiest Buildings in the city. It’s very interesting as a business case study, really, and very sad as a financial problem for average people. 

My old room at my parents house is so sad. I have very few of my childhood possessions in there, it’s really just an empty shell of the room it used to be. Sister uses it to store her luggage and books when she’s home and for some inexplicable reason, my mother houses a 25 year old spinning machine there too. I should move my sentimental stuff here and tell my mother to utilize that room however she sees fit. (Of course my mother doesn’t utilize stuff, she sits and waits for stuff to utilize/solve itself - this is unkind, but I’m still very stressed about some family stuff) 

I want to experiment with cooking a buy more too. I’m kinda confident with fish and pasta and certain soups. But I should really venture into the frightening world of cooking meat dishes and... the kind of foods that are a bunch on ingredients layered in an oven safe dish. I don’t know what that’s called in English. 

again, I feel you, that was 80% of my uni years. Stay strong and carry on! 

Oh, real estate prices are insane here as well. Especially in the city. I want to live in the city. Obviously people will say that you need to go out to some godforsaken small villages where rents/prices are cheaper, but those people seem to think that everybody has a car/wants to have one. I would be much happier always taking public transport than owning a car, but that means you need to go somewhere where public transport exists. Ergo, closer to the city. Also jobs are there.

It is the wisest and really the only sensible thing to stay with them, but I just hate the fact that I am 27 and unable to have a regular job and something I created on my own. I know I cannot possibly be doing more than I am at the moment - I work (maybe not full time, but almost at this point, and with a crazy schedule), I am a PhD student, I am doing an additional education program that is basically almost a full-time study program. But it somehow still feels like I am failing.

/Sorry for the negativity, all. Again. Maybe I should come back to posting once I am not so tired and overworked and just complaining all the time.

Awwwww, you have a spinning machine? That must be a real antique by now.

I actually finished that assignment and emailed it to the professor. That was the extent of my productivity today. Oh, and my father and I went to a shop and bought me a biking helmet. I want to do more sports, and I like my bike, and I enjoy biking more than most other sports, but a helmet needs to be had. I actually wish I could use my bike to go to work too, but ... too far away. Another reason to move closer to the city, everything available by bike!

15 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I actually finished that assignment and emailed it to the professor. That was the extent of my productivity today. Oh, and my father and I went to a shop and bought me a biking helmet. I want to do more sports, and I like my bike, and I enjoy biking more than most other sports, but a helmet needs to be had. I actually wish I could use my bike to go to work too, but ... too far away. Another reason to move closer to the city, everything available by bike!

I also like riding,but it's been a long since I don't try! My bike is full of dust..:unsure:

When I'll be able to walk again, I'll probably ride it again. Spring is perfect for that.

18 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I’ve never really liked Whiskey, I don’t really drink much these days but in my partying days I was more a vodka girl, but it had to be decent vodka, saying that I actually had a jack daniels and come the other week and it was quite nice.

For me gin and tequila have always been the drinks I can’t have at all they’re disgusting!.

Aw I’m glad about your friend and his baby, it’s the most awesome thing ever to do.

I’m very impressed with the resourcefulness of mini Sith she has somehow managed to get us both flowers for mother’s day :P.

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 2:38 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Aw, sorry. Hope you find another and better scholarship. :cheers: 

And again, you're like my mother. :lol:  Again, not in a bad way. It's just the similar amount of academic genomes in your DNAs. 

Hello First, how is life? 

Pretty good! Midterms have gone well and I'm going to Italy for a week in two days :) How about you?

23 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

The ones I "like" drinking  the most are liqueur 43 with coke and Malibu rum with pineapple juice.  In Spain everyone calls "cubata" (cubalibre) to any combo of alcoholic drink+soda,/non-alcoholic drink although technically it's just the former with rum coke.
I have never liked wine nor sangria ever, not even to get drunk, although they were quite effective. 

However, I kinda like the taste of beer.

In my best days I also remember I used to start getting "slightly drunk" with three cubatas, but my tolerance could be up to 5 and a shot glass. 

Now I very rarely get drunk anymore, but I still have fun even if the others drink. Or I try, I'm the healthy one.

I do enjoy an occasional summer cocktail on the poolside, but I do have bad experience with cheap shitty cocktails. There was this chain-pub at uni, that offered two cocktails of your choice for... hmmm, 5 euros or something? Now everything is quite affordable here from a western perspective, and we all know uni student budgets, but can you imagine what those cocktails tasted like? Well, technically they all tasted the same, syrup mixed with the bitterness of unidentifiable alcohol.  

I also do like sangria especially when I’m on holiday somewhere in Southern Europe. Big no no to beer. Ugh, I hate the smell, hate the taste, never had a glass of beer in my life. The fartherest I ever got was a quarter of a can of lemon flavored disgustingness. 

I don’t really remember I’m tolerance level, I just know it was better than most of my friends, because they were all totally out of it while I was still just pleasantly tipsy.  In fact there was a total of one time in my life when I was actually drunk in the sense that the world was a blur and I don’t have clear memories of a few hours. Apart from that, I was always the “slightly drunk” person who knew what was up with everybody and had the control to choose whether to be silly and drunk or get a grip and go home and take care of other people. 

23 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

rom my school, I know some people  who have had kids, but I can count them with my hand. There have been a few marriages as well, but the majority of people from generation are either single or in relationships, but not married. What's the average age to marry in your country? (If there is that?) 'because I'm older than you, no? Like...5/7 years? I'm still wondering what's the one here in m country, since now marriages are starting to become not an "uncommon" thing in my fb, even if rare. The other day I saw the brother of a guy from my class announcing his marriage on fb, and I was a bit "surprised", since he had wanted something -not serious- with me like three years ago, but I had declined since I was not looking for that, even if I thought he was very attractive. It's one of those "odd" feelings in the middle of the week....

There are actually quite a few people from my elementary school who have kids and a couple here and there from high school as well. Also a couple from uni.

No idea about an average age to marry. And I also don’t know how old you are, but I’m not that young so I don’t think there’s 5-7 years between us, is there? 

Yeah it was really weird to see someone I dated have a child. But then he was older than me back then too, so he’s like over thirty now. 

23 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Oh, real estate prices are insane here as well. Especially in the city. I want to live in the city. Obviously people will say that you need to go out to some godforsaken small villages where rents/prices are cheaper, but those people seem to think that everybody has a car/wants to have one. I would be much happier always taking public transport than owning a car, but that means you need to go somewhere where public transport exists. Ergo, closer to the city. Also jobs are there.

It is the wisest and really the only sensible thing to stay with them, but I just hate the fact that I am 27 and unable to have a regular job and something I created on my own. I know I cannot possibly be doing more than I am at the moment - I work (maybe not full time, but almost at this point, and with a crazy schedule), I am a PhD student, I am doing an additional education program that is basically almost a full-time study program. But it somehow still feels like I am failing.

/Sorry for the negativity, all. Again. Maybe I should come back to posting once I am not so tired and overworked and just complaining all the time.

Awwwww, you have a spinning machine? That must be a real antique by now.

I actually finished that assignment and emailed it to the professor. That was the extent of my productivity today. Oh, and my father and I went to a shop and bought me a bike helmet.  

Very interesting! Nobody says that here, people are flooding out of the country and come to the city because there are jobs here that pay... less terribly than jobs in the country. 

I understand how you feel. But be sure that you are not a failure. You’re doing twice to three times as much as an average human being can or should. You have vast knowledge, many great skills, wicked determination and you’re extremely hard working. That’ll pay off in life sooner or later, even if the situation isn’t as financially rewarding as you’d like at this point. 

And again, there’s nothing wrong with negativity. It has to come out. The unhealthy and harmful thing is to suppress it. 

oh, no, we don’t have a 25 year old spinning machine, we have a 25 year old spinning bike, I just can’t speak English and word-by-word translation seems to have failed me. :lol: sorry about that. 

Oh really? You and your father bought a helmet for safe transportation? My father crashed a moped in Bali and broke two to three of his toes and didn’t see a doctor. Aw the contrast... 

9 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I’ve never really liked Whiskey, I don’t really drink much these days but in my partying days I was more a vodka girl, but it had to be decent vodka, saying that I actually had a jack daniels and come the other week and it was quite nice.

For me gin and tequila have always been the drinks I can’t have at all they’re disgusting!.

Aw I’m glad about your friend and his baby, it’s the most awesome thing ever to do.

I’m very impressed with the resourcefulness of mini Sith she has somehow managed to get us both flowers for mother’s day :P.

I never had gin, I’m okay with tequila but it was never my favorite. 

Hahaha, the force is with mini sith, for sure to accomplish such missions :lol: 

7 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Pretty good! Midterms have gone well and I'm going to Italy for a week in two days :) How about you?

I had a stupid and multiply stressful weekend, but apart from that, I do feel like my life is going well, so I’m not complaining (more than I usually do about mundane things). 

Went to Ikea today and tried to spend my gift card. I still have some... 40ish euros on it so I might go back for another round of pointless decor. Got some pictures printed, so I’m making a long awaited progress on the bedroom too. 

22 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Very interesting! Nobody says that here, people are flooding out of the country and come to the city because there are jobs here that pay... less terribly than jobs in the country. 

I understand how you feel. But be sure that you are not a failure. You’re doing twice to three times as much as an average human being can or should. You have vast knowledge, many great skills, wicked determination and you’re extremely hard working. That’ll pay off in life sooner or later, even if the situation isn’t as financially rewarding as you’d like at this point. 

And again, there’s nothing wrong with negativity. It has to come out. The unhealthy and harmful thing is to suppress it. 

oh, no, we don’t have a 25 year old spinning machine, we have a 25 year old spinning bike, I just can’t speak English and word-by-word translation seems to have failed me. :lol: sorry about that. 

Oh really? You and your father bought a helmet for safe transportation? My father crashed a moped in Bali and broke two to three of his toes and didn’t see a doctor. Aw the contrast...

Well, some unreasonable people would say that. If you are smart, you understand that jobs are in the cities, and everything else you want to reach.

I read this post earlier today and it almost made me cry, that is how tired I was. Thank you for seeing me so positively. :grouphug:

Oh, I imagined a spinning wheel for some reason. :lol:

Oh, that sounds ... reckless? IDK. Yes, now I am the proud owner of a helmet.

On 3/31/2019 at 10:29 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Hahaha, the force is with mini sith, for sure to accomplish such missions :lol: 

Of course, she is the chosen one, destined to plunge the force into darkness :D.

20 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Well, some unreasonable people would say that. If you are smart, you understand that jobs are in the cities, and everything else you want to reach.

I read this post earlier today and it almost made me cry, that is how tired I was. Thank you for seeing me so positively. :grouphug:

I’m considering taking up cycling as a hobby and sport, mostly because I love exercise anyway and have been a keen runner for years but fancy trying it and also it seems to have a really good and friendly social side too, the only thing I worry about is how dangerous it is on the roads, which is why I’ve given up riding a motorcycle even though I love riding them!, I did get caught by my fiancée having a quick try of my friends motorbike the other day, she was not very happy with me :P.

On 4/1/2019 at 10:07 PM, Buckwheat said:

Yeah, I suppose that’s universal everywhere. 

Oh there’s nothing to thank, sometimes it’s difficult to see the great things about ourselves so reminders are important. And well, do make sure to get some well deserved rest :D :grouphug: 

probably because that’s what spinning machine apparently means. :lol: oh well, at least I learned to correct word for this training apparatus. 

15 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Of course, she is the chosen one, destined to plunge the force into darkness :D.

I’m considering taking up cycling as a hobby and sport, mostly because I love exercise anyway and have been a keen runner for years but fancy trying it and also it seems to have a really good and friendly social side too, the only thing I worry about is how dangerous it is on the roads, which is why I’ve given up riding a motorcycle even though I love riding them!, I did get caught by my fiancée having a quick try of my friends motorbike the other day, she was not very happy with me :P.

Nah, I don’t believe that, she’s way too cute for such. 

Wow I hate cycling. It always amazed me what people enjoY about it. I’d sooner walk or ride a horse or even drive to a destination before I’d take a bike. I used to cycle to the grocery store or the post office in my hometown, wow, how I hated that too. The one advantage was that the bike had a basket so I didn’t have to carry the groceries. Oh well, each to their own. And I agree with your fiancée, my high school love had a thing for motorcycles and car racing and I used to hate even listening to those stories. 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yeah, I suppose that’s universal everywhere. 

Oh there’s nothing to thank, sometimes it’s difficult to see the great things about ourselves so reminders are important. And well, do make sure to get some well deserved rest :D :grouphug: 

probably because that’s what spinning machine apparently means. :lol: oh well, at least I learned to correct word for this training apparatus. 

Nah, I don’t believe that, she’s way too cute for such. 

Wow I hate cycling. It always amazed me what people enjoY about it. I’d sooner walk or ride a horse or even drive to a destination before I’d take a bike. I used to cycle to the grocery store or the post office in my hometown, wow, how I hated that too. The one advantage was that the bike had a basket so I didn’t have to carry the groceries. Oh well, each to their own. And I agree with your fiancée, my high school love had a thing for motorcycles and car racing and I used to hate even listening to those stories. 

She’s going to overthrow the galaxy with cuteness :D.

I just like the idea of exercise with other people, I usually run 10 miles at least 4 times a week, more often it has been on a treadmill at the gym recently but I have gone running outside too, cycling seems interesting because you can go as a group and you get much more distance covered.

Riding a motorcycle on a race track is one of the most exhilarating things you can do!, there’s nothing like hitting nearly 300 km/h before having to brake really hard to get it left over into the next turn :D.

Archived