Jump to content
felice

TTTNE 475 - for the Honour of Greyskull!

Recommended Posts

My avatar is already sort of a cartoon character, I guess...

Happy belated birthday, Sidious! And I recognized the Brain ;) 

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 4:24 PM, Buckwheat said:

Turns out that the 9-10 year-olds were really eager to participate, at least most of them. That was kind of fun to observe.

Not to the 30 year old one? What if he were very good-looking? :leer:

It is always nice to see you here. How is life?

Pretty good! I'm very busy, but mostly with fun stuff. I quit hockey and my job back in my parents' city and have now found a job in a new restaurant here. School's going alright, and my social life is going surprisingly well, though there's not much to report in the love department :P 

And you? I need updates on everyone here.

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 12:30 PM, honeyed chicken said:

FOMN! How's life? Last I recall, you had moved into your own place - how's that going? Still fun?

I did, and yes, it's great. Now that I have my own room even sitting down to watch Netflix has become something extremely cool. I still rarely cook or wash stuff, but I'm getting there :P How are you?

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 10:56 PM, RhaenysBee said:

@First of My Name you can't recieve private messages :( (I wrote you a heartfelt pm and failed to send it :lol: ) 

Oh no! I've made room, please try it again :lol: 

Edited by First of My Name

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

My avatar is already sort of a cartoon character, I guess...

Wait! Did anime characters count?? :P

.............

oh guys I'm very excited for tomorrow....Bastille will be at my city...and I'm gonna go to see them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

I did, and yes, it's great. Now that I have my own room even sitting down to watch Netflix has become something extremely cool. I still rarely cook or wash stuff, but I'm getting there :P How are you?

Things are good here. Heading out to California to visit my brother. looking forward to being warm. :)

Not washing stuff is a good side of moving out - at first. Eventually you'll want to get to that, but no hurry. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought not ironing was the good side of moving out. ;) I mean, when (if ever, at this point :( ) I finally move out, I am going to find a middle ground between not ironing and ironing everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

I thought not ironing was the good side of moving out. ;) I mean, when (if ever, at this point :( ) I finally move out, I am going to find a middle ground between not ironing and ironing everything.

As my best friend would say, only those iron who can’t hang the laundry on a rack properly. (This sounds way shorter and cooler in my language :( ) 

 

@First of My Name thanks! :cheers: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

As my best friend would say, only those iron who can’t hang the laundry on a rack properly. (This sounds way shorter and cooler in my language :( ) 

 

@First of My Name thanks! :cheers: 

I would not say I wholly agree with that. Things are still wrinkled after drying on a rack. So I think shirts, shorts, skirts would mostly still need to be ironed.

But even if I get myself an iron and an ironing board once, I will not be ironing underwear, pyjamas, bed linen, t-shirts that I only wear at home and other stuff that isn't worn on the outside not does not look wrinkled even when not ironed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Wait! Did anime characters count?? :P

Certainly! Especially Eva characters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I would not say I wholly agree with that. Things are still wrinkled after drying on a rack. So I think shirts, shorts, skirts would mostly still need to be ironed.

But even if I get myself an iron and an ironing board once, I will not be ironing underwear, pyjamas, bed linen, t-shirts that I only wear at home and other stuff that isn't worn on the outside not does not look wrinkled even when not ironed.

I think it depends on the material. I don’t iron jeans and most of my blouses, shirts are made of fabrics that do best without ironing. Skirts are of course something you can’t really, though I don’t have a great many skirts. Jumpers and sweaters also depend on the material but most of them don’t need ironing. I do iron bed linen however, I just can’t bear to put on crinkled duvet covers that looks like I never washed it. Also cotton T-shirts, mine always look awful without ironing. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I think it depends on the material. I don’t iron jeans and most of my blouses, shirts are made of fabrics that do best without ironing. Skirts are of course something you can’t really, though I don’t have a great many skirts. Jumpers and sweaters also depend on the material but most of them don’t need ironing. I do iron bed linen however, I just can’t bear to put on crinkled duvet covers that looks like I never washed it. Also cotton T-shirts, mine always look awful without ironing. 

What kind of shirts and blouses do you wear that don't require ironing? I mostly have cotton shirts and those need to be ironed, as you said. And my blouses are horrible when not ironed.

Most sweaters don't need it, you are right. And you shouldn't iron them too hot anyway, it harms the material.

I think that ironing bed linen is way too much work for the result. Sure, it feels great to lie down on fresh sheets and covers that are so nicely straightened out, but the next morning, it is all crinkled again. So I don't think it is worth it. My mother says we do it because it folds nicer then, so it is easier to stack it in the closet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

What kind of shirts and blouses do you wear that don't require ironing? I mostly have cotton shirts and those need to be ironed, as you said. And my blouses are horrible when not ironed.

Most sweaters don't need it, you are right. And you shouldn't iron them too hot anyway, it harms the material.

I think that ironing bed linen is way too much work for the result. Sure, it feels great to lie down on fresh sheets and covers that are so nicely straightened out, but the next morning, it is all crinkled again. So I don't think it is worth it. My mother says we do it because it folds nicer then, so it is easier to stack it in the closet.

I think they are chiffon or crepe or the cheaper ones just plain polyester. 

As for bed linen, I agree it’s a lot of work but on the bright side they are easy to iron (as opposed to a shirt) and they aren’t too bad the next day either. I usually change the bed linen every other week, they last quite all right in terms of being crinkled. 

Speaking of, I need to get a couple new sets of bed linen too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, First of My Name said:

My avatar is already sort of a cartoon character, I guess...

Happy belated birthday, Sidious! And I recognized the Brain ;) 

 

Of course a fellow Sith would recognise The Brain!, I’m glad things are going well for you :).

12 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Wait! Did anime characters count?? :P

.............

oh guys I'm very excited for tomorrow....Bastille will be at my city...and I'm gonna go to see them. 

Oooo Bastille should be really good!, I hope you have a great time.

I missed out on Blossoms recently, but I am going to see Fleetwood Mac soon and I want to try and see Florence and the Machine this year too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Of course a fellow Sith would recognise The Brain!, I’m glad things are going well for you :).

Oooo Bastille should be really good!, I hope you have a great time.

I missed out on Blossoms recently, but I am going to see Fleetwood Mac soon and I want to try and see Florence and the Machine this year too.

 

Just came from the concert. It was amazing:wub::wub:. What a great time! They were so kind and fun, they made us make a choreography we sang Happy Birthday to their manager and the atmosphere was great. Oh, and I waited to greet them at the end for like an hour they took a group pic with us (like 30 people). I was a little bit shy to say something, oh my, he is so handsome in person :P but I greeted Will

Oh, I wanted to go to see Florence and The Machine next month but it was very expensivee :S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, felice said:

Certainly! Especially Eva characters.

I might choose Asuka again, then!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Just came from the concert. It was amazing:wub::wub:. What a great time! They were so kind and fun, they made us make a choreography we sang Happy Birthday to their manager and the atmosphere was great. Oh, and I waited to greet them at the end for like an hour they took a group pic with us (like 30 people). I was a little bit shy to say something, oh my, he is so handsome in person :P but I greeted Will

Oh, I wanted to go to see Florence and The Machine next month but it was very expensivee :S

Awwww I’m so happy you had a great time!, I love going to see live music, I love performing it too but I can get very nervous beforehand!.

Florence isn’t too expensive here, Fleetwood Mac was though it was over £300 for a ticket but I thought it’s now or never to see them.

Are you a bit Bastille fan then?, for newer artists I quite like Royal Blood, they’re really good especially for a 2 piece.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh my God, it’s 20C. It was -2 five days ago. We really are going to die of climate change......... 

One of the topics I have to cover with students for the teaching placement is environmental problems. :( It is a terribly depressing topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Awwww I’m so happy you had a great time!, I love going to see live music, I love performing it too but I can get very nervous beforehand!.

Florence isn’t too expensive here, Fleetwood Mac was though it was over £300 for a ticket but I thought it’s now or never to see them.

Are you a bit Bastille fan then?, for newer artists I quite like Royal Blood, they’re really good especially for a 2 piece.

I think I can consider mmyself one! But I didn't know all the songs. Not much of a problem, since I liked them all, not surprisingly. Nah, I just discovered them by chance around 10 months ago.

I don't know Royal Blood, is there any song you could link to recommend? :O

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

One of the topics I have to cover with students for the teaching placement is environmental problems. :( It is a terribly depressing topic.

It really is. :/ but at least an interesting topic for class discussions. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I think I can consider mmyself one! But I didn't know all the songs. Not much of a problem, since I liked them all, not surprisingly. Nah, I just discovered them by chance around 10 months ago.

I don't know Royal Blood, is there any song you could link to recommend? :O

 

I’m really glad you enjoyed yourself :), I messaged you links to some of their songs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

*crawls out of her grave bed* 

why oh why do I have to be somewhere at 8am on a Friday? :bawl: 

how is everybody on this bright cloudy and early morning? 

ETA: first errand check, horrible coffee also check. Why in the world would you ever put sugar into a melange? 

Eta2: Google Search just offered me tanks instead of a language course. :lol: 

eta3: also, I’m freezing to death today which is quite surprising after yesterday’s 20C

Edited by RhaenysBee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×