Jump to content
felice

TTTNE 475 - for the Honour of Greyskull!

Recommended Posts

On 8/9/2019 at 8:10 AM, Bittersweet Distractor said:

We got back this morning, married life is going wonderfully, our honeymoon was amazing I’m so happy to be married to my amazing wife :wub:, she had an equally wonderful time and luckily didn’t have bad morning sickness, her tummy is just starting to look a little less flat now :o, mini Sith was a sight for sore eyes, although we’ve both loved the peace and quiet of being on our own we’ve missed her terribly, I’m just chilling with her and my gran even though I’m tired at the moment, other mrs Sith is very tired and is having a well deserved nap.

So glad to hear everything went & is going well. Congratulations on your marriage! :commie:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Well I hope there’ll be more to come :lol: my barbies loved the horse riding and horse races my fair lady style. And of course she wouldn’t be a mini sith without a toy dragon and hophops 

nothing wrong with being a Jedi. 

It appears it was just one stray moth, at least I haven’t found more and after yesterday’s struggle, my flat is insect free for the most part. 

 

I should go and do some shopping. 

She is rather fond of dragon :D, she likes hop hops too but horse is her current favourite as well as zebra and duck.

Also :o, there is everything wrong with being a Jedi!, their dogmatic narrow minded view of the force, their inability to love, their lame force powers and worst of all, not having red lightsabers!:commie:.

4 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

So glad to hear everything went & is going well. Congratulations on your marriage! :commie:

Thank you so much :), I feel so happy and contented at the moment, I’m married to an amazing person and we have an amazing child together and another on the way, or maybe I’m just getting old and boring because this means the world to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my... so with severe headaches, I got through the 35C weekend. It was bearable at home, but the moment I stepped out of my building... the heat hits you like a hammer. And 35C is the general air, if you stand in the sun, it’s like 40. And it comes with no sleep too, because it’s still 30C at midnight so I have to wake myself up around 4 to open windows and then wake myself up at 7ish again to close them. This way there’s some oxygen and I have a little control over the temperature inside, but it’s quite an exhausting routine. 

Anyway, I did some last minute sales shopping, didn’t manage to pick up too many items though because the sales section is mostly sold out and with the travel next week I didn’t want to spend too much on the new collection, especially that it’s still mostly summer clothing and I can’t wait for autumn. 

And I even managed to quick clean the flat and do laundry. Ironing never happened due to the heat. I’m counting on the cold wave that’s promised to Tuesday. 

After a tedious, 3-hour long 30C train-ride I’m currently in my 30C hotel room. I want 15C, 8 hours of sleep and rain. /daily rant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh my... so with severe headaches, I got through the 35C weekend. It was bearable at home, but the moment I stepped out of my building... the heat hits you like a hammer. And 35C is the general air, if you stand in the sun, it’s like 40. And it comes with no sleep too, because it’s still 30C at midnight so I have to wake myself up around 4 to open windows and then wake myself up at 7ish again to close them. This way there’s some oxygen and I have a little control over the temperature inside, but it’s quite an exhausting routine. 

Anyway, I did some last minute sales shopping, didn’t manage to pick up too many items though because the sales section is mostly sold out and with the travel next week I didn’t want to spend too much on the new collection, especially that it’s still mostly summer clothing and I can’t wait for autumn. 

And I even managed to quick clean the flat and do laundry. Ironing never happened due to the heat. I’m counting on the cold wave that’s promised to Tuesday. 

After a tedious, 3-hour long 30C train-ride I’m currently in my 30C hotel room. I want 15C, 8 hours of sleep and rain. /daily rant

That sounds horrible!, trying to sleep when it’s so hot isn’t pleasant at all, I’d think about getting your ac fixed if the hot weather is set to continue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2019 at 2:19 PM, Bittersweet Distractor said:

She is rather fond of dragon :D, she likes hop hops too but horse is her current favourite as well as zebra and duck.

Also :o, there is everything wrong with being a Jedi!, their dogmatic narrow minded view of the force, their inability to love, their lame force powers and worst of all, not having red lightsabers!:commie:.

Thank you so much :), I feel so happy and contented at the moment, I’m married to an amazing person and we have an amazing child together and another on the way, or maybe I’m just getting old and boring because this means the world to me.

Not boring, imo. I think you have your priorities right, and it's important to recognize and be cognizant of those times when things are good for when they aren't and you can look back and remember that things weren't always bad. Conversely, here in the chicken coop, things were pretty rough when Chickee was in college, but that's over and we can look back and feel relieved we survived and are feeling pretty good about things now. Hopefully, the good times outnumber the bad.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

That sounds horrible!, trying to sleep when it’s so hot isn’t pleasant at all, I’d think about getting your ac fixed if the hot weather is set to continue.

By the time anybody would fix my AC it’d be late September. A cold wave is supposed to come tomorrow. And lord I hope it does because it’s 10pm and 32C outside. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ITS COLD! Well relatively. It’s a blissful 25C. And I know it’s only 8, but yesterday it was 29 by 7:30. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2019 at 3:44 PM, honeyed chicken said:

Not boring, imo. I think you have your priorities right, and it's important to recognize and be cognizant of those times when things are good for when they aren't and you can look back and remember that things weren't always bad. Conversely, here in the chicken coop, things were pretty rough when Chickee was in college, but that's over and we can look back and feel relieved we survived and are feeling pretty good about things now. Hopefully, the good times outnumber the bad.  :)

I definitely feel like these are the good times at the moment, I’m scared about dealing with mini Sith when she becomes a teenager though! :o, thankfully that’s quite a long way off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, go Rhae!, while we’re on being proud, I want to announce that I’ve decided to take on a difficult project, I’m going to attempt build an unorthodox musical instrument from scratch, then, try and learn to play it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Wow, go Rhae!, while we’re on being proud, I want to announce that I’ve decided to take on a difficult project, I’m going to attempt build an unorthodox musical instrument from scratch, then, try and learn to play it.

What instrument? I have a friend who has a freakish ability to pick up just about any instrument from sitar to organ to bagpipes and not only play them, but repair them when necessary.

 

Edited by honeyed chicken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2019 at 8:40 PM, felice said:

Welcome to the first new thread of 2019! Sorry for the delay, I've been atypically away from computer. If anyone wants to switch avatars, the theme is favourite cartoon character.

I pick Catra then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Prince Viserion said:

I pick Catra then

You have excellent taste :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

What instrument? I have a friend who has a freakish ability to pick up just about any instrument from sitar to organ to bagpipes and not only play them, but repair them when necessary.

 

Ondes Martenot, a friend from when I was at uni who’s a violin player is going to be doing it with me, she’s interested in it for its application in orchestras, I want to, to perfect my covering Pyramid song next time I do it :D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Prince Viserion said:

I pick Catra then

Welcome, newcomer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi first! So nice to see you around and so nice to hear you’re enjoying a great book. 

 

 

 

 

 

So much so much less nice to sleep 4 hours......... :stillsick:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Hi guys!

I don't remember which of you originally recommended Robin Hobb to me (I think Buck and Helena?) but seven years later I finally made it to Assassin's Fate and it's absolutely breaking my heart. This series is so amazing.

Liveship Traders are the best. :wub: Welcome back.

Now we only need to get you to watch CXG.

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

So much so much less nice to sleep 4 hours......... :stillsick:

Partying students again? :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

 

Partying students again? :(

early flight, which is way better than partying students. But I’m still a zombie 

did you reach the gentleman after all? Is there any news from him? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

early flight, which is way better than partying students. But I’m still a zombie 

did you reach the gentleman after all? Is there any news from him? 

Well, you are going on holiday, that is great, yes? I had a very early flight back from Edinburgh, that meant my last night at the hostel was basically useless.

What was the last thing I posted about him? I called him, but after that, no. See dating thread for details, it is pretty therapeutic how everybody agrees he is a jerk. I did, however, meet one of our common acquaintances at the beach. :rolleyes:

I do still feel pretty crappy about it all. I feel so old, too old for my single, not-settled life.

Edited by Buckwheat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×