TTTNE 475 - for the Honour of Greyskull!

felice

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Well, you are going on holiday, that is great, yes? I had a very early flight back from Edinburgh, that meant my last night at the hostel was basically useless.

What was the last thing I posted about him? I called him, but after that, no. See dating thread for details, it is pretty therapeutic how everybody agrees he is a jerk. I did, however, meet one of our common acquaintances at the beach. :rolleyes:

I do still feel pretty crappy about it all. I feel so old, too old for my single, not-settled life.

Yeah. We left home at 6am and I can’t wait to get to the hotel, eat some dinner and just sleep. 

Oh I’m sorry. Last time you mentioned him we were only entertaining the possibility that he might be a douchebag. I’m sorry it turned out that way.  :/ 

I totally understand that you feel down, but do know you are still young and you’ll settle down in your own time with the right person. 

10 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yeah. We left home at 6am and I can’t wait to get to the hotel, eat some dinner and just sleep. 

Oh I’m sorry. Last time you mentioned him we were only entertaining the possibility that he might be a douchebag. I’m sorry it turned out that way.  :/ 

I totally understand that you feel down, but do know you are still young and you’ll settle down in your own time with the right person. 

Where are you? Are you holidaying with your family?

Yeah well ... I don't know how he is in the rest of his life, but saying he'll contact me and then not either writing a word or calling me is very douchebaggish behaviour.

Whiny TMI, read at your own risk.

Spoiler

I just talked to a friend who is a few years younger than I am, but she already has a long-term boyfriend, they have been living together for a few years ... she just found a stable-ish (more stable than I have for sure) job, and they are so very settled and in a good place and she is seriously considering having a baby in two years or so. And where am I? The next time I find somebody whom I like, I will probably be too old to enjoy sex and have a child. :( I mean, even if I were to find somebody with whom we fancy each other and have the same plans and goals and want to share everything and such, like tomorrow ... we would have to be very quick in developing a relationship if we wanted to get to a settled life and start a family at some usual age, like before I am 30. And where are my years to make romantic memories, travel together (one of the biggest regrets about my relationship with the supernatural entity is that we never went on holiday together, like for a few days :crying: ), enjoy sex before I am too old for that ... which train in my life have I missed?

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Yeah well ... I don't know how he is in the rest of his life, but saying he'll contact me and then not either writing a word or calling me is very douchebaggish behaviour.

Reveal hidden contents

I just talked to a friend who is a few years younger than I am, but she already has a long-term boyfriend, they have been living together for a few years ... she just found a stable-ish (more stable than I have for sure) job, and they are so very settled and in a good place and she is seriously considering having a baby in two years or so. And where am I? The next time I find somebody whom I like, I will probably be too old to enjoy sex and have a child. :( I mean, even if I were to find somebody with whom we fancy each other and have the same plans and goals and want to share everything and such, like tomorrow ... we would have to be very quick in developing a relationship if we wanted to get to a settled life and start a family at some usual age, like before I am 30. And where are my years to make romantic memories, travel together (one of the biggest regrets about my relationship with the supernatural entity is that we never went on holiday together, like for a few days :crying: ), enjoy sex before I am too old for that ... which train in my life have I missed?

Buck, all I can honestly say to you is don't try and pressure yourself or feel bad about yourself because of how things have worked out for other people, also YOU ARE NOT OLD!!!!, not at all, also I really hope you do find that perfect guy, because if anyone deserves it, it's you :).

Also, song:

(Probably not one for you Buck)

On 8/7/2019 at 6:58 AM, Buckwheat said:

We need more spammers to contribute.

@First of My Name @Lany Freelove Cassandra @Pebble @HelenaExMachina @Meera of Tarth @rocksniffer and everybody else I don't remember right now, we need your help! :commie:

Oooooo, you mean people actually stay in their offices and work during the day? Who would have thought.

Great that you have nice offices. I am currently working from the home terrace, which is beautiful too I suppose. It is sometimes loud.

...still alive...

13 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Buck, all I can honestly say to you is don't try and pressure yourself or feel bad about yourself because of how things have worked out for other people, also YOU ARE NOT OLD!!!!, not at all, also I really hope you do find that perfect guy, because if anyone deserves it, it's you :).

Thanks, dear. Right now, it doesn't look that well for me. Thank you for at least being here to read my shitty posts bringing everybody down. :grouphug:

But, you know, hearing that I deserve a great guy from a bunch of great people and then not actually finding that great guy is ... disheartening. Maybe I am so awesome that people are intimidated by me? :P No, that cannot be it. It is more likely that I am awkward and apparently cannot express myself properly and act in a way that would make people interested in me (I have heard people say that I act uninterested, distant, and cold), even though I really try my best and try to act more extroverted than I am.

13 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Also, song:

(Probably not one for you Buck)

Hey, why not? You don't think I deserve a song? It is a good song too, why would you deny me that song? SAD.

On 8/15/2019 at 5:30 PM, Buckwheat said:

Hide contents

Try Tinder. I know, I know, it gets a bad rep sometimes, but I met my boyfriend who has the same mental whack that I have on there. He had something silly in his profile about how squirrels always have to fear a whale attack and we literally talked about nothing other than that for the first week.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you think you missed a train in life, why not start driving one yourself?

12 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Thanks, dear. Right now, it doesn't look that well for me. Thank you for at least being here to read my shitty posts bringing everybody down. :grouphug:

But, you know, hearing that I deserve a great guy from a bunch of great people and then not actually finding that great guy is ... disheartening. Maybe I am so awesome that people are intimidated by me? :P No, that cannot be it. It is more likely that I am awkward and apparently cannot express myself properly and act in a way that would make people interested in me (I have heard people say that I act uninterested, distant, and cold), even though I really try my best and try to act more extroverted than I am.

Hey, why not? You don't think I deserve a song? It is a good song too, why would you deny me that song? SAD.

I feel for you :grouphug:, and I really want you to find that great guy, don't try and force being extroverted, the right person will like you for who you are :).

I thought you might have found the song a bit too downbeat at the moment, so as you liked it here is another one of his!.

20 hours ago, Nazca Barsavi said:

Try Tinder. I know, I know, it gets a bad rep sometimes, but I met my boyfriend who has the same mental whack that I have on there. He had something silly in his profile about how squirrels always have to fear a whale attack and we literally talked about nothing other than that for the first week.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you think you missed a train in life, why not start driving one yourself?

Want to drive that train myself, don't want to use an online service like that. ;)

17 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I feel for you :grouphug:, and I really want you to find that great guy, don't try and force being extroverted, the right person will like you for who you are :).

Well. One can only hope.

17 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I thought you might have found the song a bit too downbeat at the moment, so as you liked it here is another one of his!.

I like that one too.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Want to drive that train myself, don't want to use an online service like that. ;)

Well. One can only hope.

I like that one too.

I’m sure you will find him :), I’m glad you liked that song too, he has been one of my favourite artists for years :D.

On 8/15/2019 at 4:30 PM, Buckwheat said:

Reveal hidden contents

I’m in Ireland which is an absolutely beautiful island, but even that can’t make up for what a complete utter disaster this trip is. I just want to get home and curl up in my bed and cry for a week. And we have to survive two more days here. I don’t even know how that’s going to happen. 

I’m so sorry about your feeling that way. I can only repeat sidious. One jerk should not discourage you. We have all been there, we’ve all been counting on someone who ended up letting us down. I totally understand how much that sucks and how many negative feelings about yourself it spawns. But you must know that you are still you and you have time to settle and find the right person for you. Life doesn’t end at 30 or 35. You’ll have all the time to travel and settle down and all the rest you are concerned about. You can still live a full and happy life after your twenties. In fact, lots of people say they enjoy their thirties more. Twenties definitely seem to be my least great decade yet. But there’s so much life ahead of you. 

2 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I’m sure you will find him :), I’m glad you liked that song too, he has been one of my favourite artists for years :D.

Don't say sure, nobody can be sure about the future. ;)

33 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I’m in Ireland which is an absolutely beautiful island, but even that can’t make up for what a complete utter disaster this trip is. I just want to get home and curl up in my bed and cry for a week. And we have to survive two more days here. I don’t even know how that’s going to happen. 

Awwwww, I am sorry you feel this way about the holiday in a beautiful country! What exactly is wrong, if it is okay to ask?

Are you in Dublin? I know from the Facelessbook that plenty of forumspeople are there for Worldcon now. Maybe you should at least message @Pebble and ask what they are up to and if you can join them, if that would make you feel better.

33 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I’m so sorry about your feeling that way. I can only repeat sidious. One jerk should not discourage you. We have all been there, we’ve all been counting on someone who ended up letting us down. I totally understand how much that sucks and how many negative feelings about yourself it spawns. But you must know that you are still you and you have time to settle and find the right person for you. Life doesn’t end at 30 or 35. You’ll have all the time to travel and settle down and all the rest you are concerned about. You can still live a full and happy life after your twenties. In fact, lots of people say they enjoy their thirties more. Twenties definitely seem to be my least great decade yet. But there’s so much life ahead of you. 

Thank you for your kind words. :grouphug:

12 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Don't say sure, nobody can be sure about the future. ;)

Awwwww, I am sorry you feel this way about the holiday in a beautiful country! What exactly is wrong, if it is okay to ask?

Are you in Dublin? I know from the Facelessbook that plenty of forumspeople are there for Worldcon now. Maybe you should at least message @Pebble and ask what they are up to and if you can join them, if that would make you feel better.

Thank you for your kind words. :grouphug:

Well, I’m sick as a dog and sister is sick too though not as much as I am. I did push through yesterday’s tour, in spite of surely having fever, which was an utter trainwreck anyway (weather, organization, guide, etc). But now I woke up with chest pain and back pain when I breathe so I suppose I have contracted some respiratory infection. I’ll try to see a first aid person today and I also want to move up our flight to tonight, as I don’t see what  I could do for two more days here. We also seem to be incapable of getting along and that’s kind of a strain with both of us being ill. I’m really sorry about it because it’s such a gorgeous place and we are missing out on so much. 

Thanks for the tips but right now I’m trying to figure out a way in which we can go home sooner and not even visit Dublin. Just take a coach from Belfast straight to Dublin airport. 

14 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I really agree with Rhae here Buck, you are not old at all, I’m 31 and I feel happier and more contented now than I did in my 20s, you have plenty of time to do everything you want to do and you shouldn’t put pressure on yourself to do things quicker as it could mean you rush into something with someone who isn’t right for you which wouldn’t be good at all.

So far though, going from my experience, your 30s can be awesome!.

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Well, I’m sick as a dog and sister is sick too though not as much as I am. I did push through yesterday’s tour, in spite of surely having fever, which was an utter trainwreck anyway (weather, organization, guide, etc). But now I woke up with chest pain and back pain when I breathe so I suppose I have contracted some respiratory infection. I’ll try to see a first aid person today and I also want to move up our flight to tonight, as I don’t see what  I could do for two more days here. We also seem to be incapable of getting along and that’s kind of a strain with both of us being ill. I’m really sorry about it because it’s such a gorgeous place and we are missing out on so much. 

Thanks for the tips but right now I’m trying to figure out a way in which we can go home sooner and not even visit Dublin. Just take a coach from Belfast straight to Dublin airport. 

Awwwwww no :grouphug:, that is so terrible, to have gone all that way then be sick for the trip :(.

I hope you feel better soon.

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I am really sorry to hear about this - I hope you manage to schedule an earlier flight and get home safely, and that both of you get better very soon. :grouphug: Sending you an imaginary cup of tea with honey.

4 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I really agree with Rhae here Buck, you are not old at all, I’m 31 and I feel happier and more contented now than I did in my 20s, you have plenty of time to do everything you want to do and you shouldn’t put pressure on yourself to do things quicker as it could mean you rush into something with someone who isn’t right for you which wouldn’t be good at all.

So far though, going from my experience, your 30s can be awesome!

I mean, I think you are happier and more contented now because you spent your 20s building what you have now, so you can enjoy it, yes? :P I am NOT trying to be contrarian for its own sake! I am just following the logic. ;) (Please, don't take me too seriously!)

Oh hell, I am totally going to rush into something the first moment somebody gives me an inkling of an idea they might be into me! I am not missing that rare opportunity! Wait, what are you saying, I sound childish saying that? Naaaaah, why would you think so? :P

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I am really sorry to hear about this - I hope you manage to schedule an earlier flight and get home safely, and that both of you get better very soon. :grouphug: Sending you an imaginary cup of tea with honey.

I mean, I think you are happier and more contented now because you spent your 20s building what you have now, so you can enjoy it, yes? :P I am NOT trying to be contrarian for its own sake! I am just following the logic. ;) (Please, don't take me too seriously!)

Oh hell, I am totally going to rush into something the first moment somebody gives me an inkling of an idea they might be into me! I am not missing that rare opportunity! Wait, what are you saying, I sound childish saying that? Naaaaah, why would you think so? :P

Well most of my 20s yes you’re right. No I don’t think you sound childish just I don’t want you to rush into something with someone that doesn’t make you really happy :).

15 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Well most of my 20s yes you’re right. No I don’t think you sound childish just I don’t want you to rush into something with someone that doesn’t make you really happy :).

Oh, whoever is going to be interested in me is going to make me happy with that fact alone, don't wory. ;) Desperate? You can bet! :P

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Yup, yup we did, for an obscene amount of money, but we did. I’m hoping to see a doctor at home, but we have a bank holiday so it’s going to be an emergency adventure anyway. Thank you! 

Noooo, because you no longer give a crap about what everybody thinks and you are more self-confident and love yourself for who you are not who you should be. Or so I hear from acquaintances over 30. 

Come on, you are worth way more than that. You are great! :commie: 

8 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

So far though, going from my experience, your 30s can be awesome!.

Awwwwww no :grouphug:, that is so terrible, to have gone all that way then be sick for the trip :(.

I hope you feel better soon.

Yup it really sucks. It’s about as bad as missing the flight in Paris was. But what are you gonna do? :bang: 

thanks! 

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Oh, whoever is going to be interested in me is going to make me happy with that fact alone, don't wory. ;) Desperate? You can bet! :P

I might have to start matchmaking for you, what is it straight girls go for?, tall, dark and evil, that’s right isn’t it?:P.

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yup, yup we did, for an obscene amount of money, but we did. I’m hoping to see a doctor at home, but we have a bank holiday so it’s going to be an emergency adventure anyway. Thank you! 

Noooo, because you no longer give a crap about what everybody thinks and you are more self-confident and love yourself for who you are not who you should be. Or so I hear from acquaintances over 30. 

Come on, you are worth way more than that. You are great! :commie: 

Yup it really sucks. It’s about as bad as missing the flight in Paris was. But what are you gonna do? :bang: 

thanks! 

:grouphug: Rest up and get well.

Archived