Jump to content
felice

TTTNE 475 - for the Honour of Greyskull!

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

HELL NO. I'll stick to Windows.

 I haven't had sandals give me blisters since that one pair when I was like 12. Delicate material? I have a pair I've had for 9 years that survived half of Europe and I still occasionally wear them (rarely now, because they are not that pretty anymore, but ... nine years). What is a pedicure? How are cotton and linen not easily acessible and only one type of style? I accept the point about the stinky suffocating city in the summer, but that is why you don't spend the whole summer in the city. *goes to think about her privilege* And what is the point about colours? I never saw any connection between seasons amd colours one can wear, that is just uselessly restricting yourself. And again, the point about feeling free is mostly about not carrying extra clothing with you in case it gets colder/rains.

I think we should just agree to disagree, otherwise this disagreement might just grow into an international crisis.

Leather doesn’t do well with sweat in my experience and looks like trash after one season. I have literally one pair of summer shoe that didn’t give me blisters this summer. A pedicure is cutting your toenails aesthetically and buffing away... err... Hornhaut (whatever the English equivalent is). Well linen clothes in my experience tend to be on the more casual side and client dress codes are generally difficult to keep to in the summer time. Yeah well I suppose I might feel different about summer if I got to spend several weeks on the seaside, you’re so lucky to have that chance. But even so, I’m Team Autumn and you’ll never change my mind :fencing: :lol: 

2 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

It is very cute, except when crashing causes her to cry, but she doesn't too much she is a speedy little toddler!.

That must be hilarious. I remember laughing so much at sister when she was a toddler/small child, she did the funniest things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Leather doesn’t do well with sweat in my experience and looks like trash after one season. I have literally one pair of summer shoe that didn’t give me blisters this summer. A pedicure is cutting your toenails aesthetically and buffing away... err... Hornhaut (whatever the English equivalent is). Well linen clothes in my experience tend to be on the more casual side and client dress codes are generally difficult to keep to in the summer time. Yeah well I suppose I might feel different about summer if I got to spend several weeks on the seaside, you’re so lucky to have that chance. But even so, I’m Team Autumn and you’ll never change my mind :fencing: :lol: 

I don't know what you do with leather, mine stays nice a lot longer. :P Keeping your nails short is really not that much of an effort, you need to do it in every season anyway.

I am team Summer or team Winter, no in betweens! You won't change my mind either, mwahaha. :fencing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Leather doesn’t do well with sweat in my experience and looks like trash after one season. I have literally one pair of summer shoe that didn’t give me blisters this summer. A pedicure is cutting your toenails aesthetically and buffing away... err... Hornhaut (whatever the English equivalent is). Well linen clothes in my experience tend to be on the more casual side and client dress codes are generally difficult to keep to in the summer time. Yeah well I suppose I might feel different about summer if I got to spend several weeks on the seaside, you’re so lucky to have that chance. But even so, I’m Team Autumn and you’ll never change my mind :fencing: :lol: 

That must be hilarious. I remember laughing so much at sister when she was a toddler/small child, she did the funniest things. 

It is funny, although earlier she had a little tumble and grazed her knee a little when we were out in the park, she is fine though :).

It’s so nice getting a pedicure, I get manicures sometimes too, I have to have fake nails if I want them long though as I have to have mine short for playing the guitar :(.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I don't know what you do with leather, mine stays nice a lot longer. :P Keeping your nails short is really not that much of an effort, you need to do it in every season anyway.

I am team Summer or team Winter, no in betweens! You won't change my mind either, mwahaha. :fencing:

Fire and Ice! :P, are you having dragon flying lessons soon? :commie:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2019 at 1:56 PM, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Fire and Ice! :P, are you having dragon flying lessons soon? :commie:.

Of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So nervous about moving tomorrow. I just hope the next semester goes well ... :/ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Of course.

I guess it’s like riding a horse, remember to show it who’s boss :P.

 

45 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

So nervous about moving tomorrow. I just hope the next semester goes well ... :/ 

You’ll be fine I’m sure :), moving is never much fun, remember to bring more boxes than you think you’ll need!.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

You’ll be fine I’m sure :), moving is never much fun, remember to bring more boxes than you think you’ll need!.

Using public transport. Limited by how much I can carry/drag along by myself. No boxes, just one large suitcase, one backpack with the laptop and one extra plastic bag with a pillow and blanket. My family told me they can visit and bring me more stuff by car a few weeks later.

Edited by Buckwheat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Using public transport. Limited by how much I can carry/drag along by myself. No boxes, just one large suitcase, one backpack with the laptop and one extra plastic bag with a pillow and blanket. My family told me they can visit and bring me more stuff by car a few weeks later.

Oh that sucks :(, could you maybe hire a car for a day or maybe a small van?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Oh that sucks :(, could you maybe hire a car for a day or maybe a small van?.

Oh, borrowing a car wouldn't be a problem, driving it would be. :P

No worries, using the public transport is the least of my problems. Imagine, even students who have to fly to their place of study manage to pack somehow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry people, I can’t be bothered with quoting. 

@Buckwheat

Fashion. :commie:  Autumn fashion all the way! AUTUMN FASHION ALL THE WAY! :commie: it’s 2019, so I don’t actually need to reason or convince you, it’s enough if I’m loud. 

Moving. I’m sorry you are stuck with public transport, it’s sooooo annoying to get on and off of things with a huge suitcase and a backpack. Hope you’re there by now and adjusting to your place of residence. 

@Bittersweet Distractor

Toddlers. Does Mini Sith cry when she tumbles or does she just get up and keep running?

Pedicures. I actually like to do pedicures myself at home, I have a footspa and all the tools. And I’m the only person in the world who can file my nails into the right shape or not scar my heels while filing away calluses. I never really had a good experience with salon pedicures. Eastern Europe just can’t get these things right. 

 

Sister has some kinda bug or a cold or something, I seriously hope I won’t get it because I Stopped being sick just two weeks ago. 

I’m also insanely tired and I’m looking at a horrible week. 

On the upside I visited my hometown for some puppy time and had lovely cups of teas and listened to a John Williams playlist on the train back which made me feel very happy. Also finished the book I was reading, it was mediocre but it inspired me to read a bit during in the upcoming months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Sorry people, I can’t be bothered with quoting. 

@Buckwheat

Fashion. :commie:  Autumn fashion all the way! AUTUMN FASHION ALL THE WAY! :commie: it’s 2019, so I don’t actually need to reason or convince you, it’s enough if I’m loud. 

Moving. I’m sorry you are stuck with public transport, it’s sooooo annoying to get on and off of things with a huge suitcase and a backpack. Hope you’re there by now and adjusting to your place of residence. 

Eh. You are wrong about so many things, my sweet summer child, but live in your delusion if it makes you happy. :P

Moving time is tomorrow morning. So still fussing over an open suitcase and toiletry bag. I am so nervous about it all. I am so old! I should be having a reliable job by now, and a stable life or something. Not going on another semester abroad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I feel a RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR... coming on ... but sadly I think this thread won't end in a glorious sprint to the finish line, errrrr, post 1000. :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Triple post. I feel like I am talking to myself.

Haven't you heard? It is time for a raceeeeee ... :commie:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Eh. You are wrong about so many things, my sweet summer child, but live in your delusion if it makes you happy. :P

Moving time is tomorrow morning. So still fussing over an open suitcase and toiletry bag. I am so nervous about it all. I am so old! I should be having a reliable job by now, and a stable life or something. Not going on another semester abroad.

Oh my delusions make me very happy, at least until they end in a breakup :lol: but autumn fashion facts are facts, and I can’t help them :D 

oh my, you are not old! Your twenties are for adventure, traveling and living life, you’ll be stuck in a reliable job for the next 40 years, you have soooo much time for that. Just enjoy the trip to Vienna. I might pop over for a weekend myself in December.

having said that, packing a toiletry bag is undeniably stressful. 

11 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Also, I feel a RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR... coming on ... but sadly I think this thread won't end in a glorious sprint to the finish line, errrrr, post 1000. :( 

I don’t remember the last time it did.

:/ 

11 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Triple post. I feel like I am talking to myself.

Haven't you heard? It is time for a raceeeeee ... :commie:

Nooo, I’m here, I’m here for finishing this.  We might as well roll into the glorious holiday season with a new thread. :commie: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh my delusions make me very happy, at least until they end in a breakup :lol: 

So true. :crying:

Quote

but autumn fashion facts are facts, and I can’t help them :D 

oh my, you are not old! Your twenties are for adventure, traveling and living life, you’ll be stuck in a reliable job for the next 40 years, you have soooo much time for that. Just enjoy the trip to Vienna. I might pop over for a weekend myself in December.

Oh, no Vienna this time, this time another new city. You are welcome to visit any time though. :)

I mean, if I do get a reliable job at some point, heh. :crying:

Quote

having said that, packing a toiletry bag is undeniably stressful.

Eh. I am used to packing by now. And toiletries are some of the easiest stuff to buy in case you forget something/run out of them.

Quote

I don’t remember the last time it did.

:/ 

Nooo, I’m here, I’m here for finishing this.  We might as well roll into the glorious holiday season with a new thread. :commie: 

:commie:

Wait, which holiday season?

Edited by Buckwheat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Buckwheat said:

Wait, which holiday season?

You are not suggesting this thread needs to last until the middle of December, are you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

So true. :crying:

Oh, no Vienna this time, this time another new city. You are welcome to visit any time though. :)

I mean, if I do get a reliable job at some point, heh. :crying:

Eh. I am used to packing by now. And toiletries are some of the easiest stuff to buy in case you forget something/run out of them.

:commie:

Wait, which holiday season?

Oh, I don’t know why I had this assumption. Maybe your love for Vienna made me think that was the destination. 

Well, I’ve been planning a Vienna birthday trip since my 25th birthday so it’s about time I made that happen, but we’ll see how the work schedule is going. 

You will, don’t worry. 

I was such a pro at packing during uni because I travelled home basically every other weekend with a full suitcase. And then somehow that skill was gone and I agonize over a suitcase for hours when I pack for a trip. 

42 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

You are not suggesting this thread needs to last until the middle of December, are you?

No, I collectively labeled a national holiday, Halloween, All saints day, St. Nicholaus Day and Christmas as the holiday season and that starts in mid October. I admit it must have sounded confusing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Oh, borrowing a car wouldn't be a problem, driving it would be. :P

No worries, using the public transport is the least of my problems. Imagine, even students who have to fly to their place of study manage to pack somehow!

Oh did you never learn to drive?, I don’t know why but I thought you did know how to for some reason, it is very useful to be able to do but it is not very enjoyable 99% of the time.

 

@RhaenysBee It depends on the severity of the tumble, she will cry if it’s a harder one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Oh did you never learn to drive?, I don’t know why but I thought you did know how to for some reason, it is very useful to be able to do but it is not very enjoyable 99% of the time.

 

@RhaenysBee It depends on the severity of the tumble, she will cry if it’s a harder one.

I can drive, I have just never driven to Austria. Or any other country except for Croatia. I would be too scared to drive alone to an unknown place. Also, I live in the city centre now (which I absolutely love), so it makes no sense to really have a car here as you can't park almost anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×