Jump to content
felice

TTTNE 475 - for the Honour of Greyskull!

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I can drive, I have just never driven to Austria. Or any other country except for Croatia. I would be too scared to drive alone to an unknown place. Also, I live in the city centre now (which I absolutely love), so it makes no sense to really have a car here as you can't park almost anywhere.

Driving in other Countries in Europe has to be easy, you all drive on the same side of the road :P, oh I agree I'd not want a car in a city centre either, I just thought maybe you could hire one to move your stuff then return it?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Driving in other Countries in Europe has to be easy, you all drive on the same side of the road :P, oh I agree I'd not want a car in a city centre either, I just thought maybe you could hire one to move your stuff then return it?.

Hire one in Slovenia then return it in Austria? I don't think that would be possible. In any case, if I wanted, I could have just borrowed my mother's car, which I am used to driving. But I actually prefer using the public transport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Hire one in Slovenia then return it in Austria? I don't think that would be possible. In any case, if I wanted, I could have just borrowed my mother's car, which I am used to driving. But I actually prefer using the public transport.

I know you can hire in one destination and return to another, but I don’t know if it has to be within the same country, I’ve only done that in the US.

How is the new place going so far?, I hope it is ok :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2019 at 11:45 AM, Bittersweet Distractor said:

How is the new place going so far?, I hope it is ok :).

The Internet connectivity was starting to drive me crazy, I had problems before I managed to access the dorm wifi, but now I finally have Internet in my room. Everything else is OK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it seems so far that I have not caught whatever bug sister had, fingers crossed, praying to god. And I really hope it stays that way. If so I shall be very proud of my immune system, though I’m aware that I’m still not in the safe zone. Anyway, I have way too much work to crash now. Not to mention weekend plans. So many plans. So few weekends. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

So it seems so far that I have not caught whatever bug sister had, fingers crossed, praying to god. And I really hope it stays that way. If so I shall be very proud of my immune system, though I’m aware that I’m still not in the safe zone. Anyway, I have way too much work to crash now. Not to mention weekend plans. So many plans. So few weekends. 

Good luck with staying healthy! And all of your plans.

SO MUCH BUREAUCRACY. So many errands, just when you get something done, there is a string of new ones you need to do in the next few days. :rolleyes: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

The Internet connectivity was starting to drive me crazy, I had problems before I managed to access the dorm wifi, but now I finally have Internet in my room. Everything else is OK.

That is good, do you not have a very good 4G signal there in case you lose the WiFi?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

That is good, do you not have a very good 4G signal there in case you lose the WiFi?.

What is a 4G signal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Maybe you call it LTE there?, high speed internet but through your phone so you can make it a WiFi hotspot if you need to.

Oh, I can make a mobile hotspot with my phone, but I don't want to use up all my data that way if there is dorm Internet available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Oh, I can make a mobile hotspot with my phone, but I don't want to use up all my data that way if there is dorm Internet available.

No that is understandable, do you get a reasonable data allowance?, I swapped a while ago and get unlimited calls texts and data for £20 now which I thought was great value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

No that is understandable, do you get a reasonable data allowance?, I swapped a while ago and get unlimited calls texts and data for £20 now which I thought was great value.

I have unlimited calls and texts (not from my country into a foreign one, which I figured out after an unfortunately long call to another country), but 5 GB of data.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

No that is understandable, do you get a reasonable data allowance?, I swapped a while ago and get unlimited calls texts and data for £20 now which I thought was great value.

:eek:  :eek: I have unlimited inland calls and texts and 8GB data traffic for like £50............ 

annoyingly what I need is unlimited data and conference calls and neither of these things are part of the package deals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I have unlimited calls and texts (not from my country into a foreign one, which I figured out after an unfortunately long call to another country), but 5 GB of data.

Oops, I’ve done that before too, it is not a good surprise!.

6 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

:eek:  :eek: I have unlimited inland calls and texts and 8GB data traffic for like £50............ 

annoyingly what I need is unlimited data and conference calls and neither of these things are part of the package deals. 

:o That is very expensive!, I don’t really need unlimited data to be honest as I just use my home WiFi when I’m at home but, recently it had some issues and I put my phone as a WiFi hotspot, we could watch Netflix and use a computer etc at the same time with no trouble.

Is your price with the cost of the phone too?, I bought my phone so just pay for the network.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Oops, I’ve done that before too, it is not a good surprise!.

:o That is very expensive!, I don’t really need unlimited data to be honest as I just use my home WiFi when I’m at home but, recently it had some issues and I put my phone as a WiFi hotspot, we could watch Netflix and use a computer etc at the same time with no trouble.

Is your price with the cost of the phone too?, I bought my phone so just pay for the network.

No it’s just the network. It’s a crappy package. But there are generally crappy packages, at least I never seem to be able to put everything I want into a reasonably priced package. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

No it’s just the network. It’s a crappy package. But there are generally crappy packages, at least I never seem to be able to put everything I want into a reasonably priced package. 

That does seem very expensive, I don’t know how much the 5G services will be when they come out properly here but I’m not in much of a rush to upgrade at the moment 4G is fast enough for me!.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

That does seem very expensive, I don’t know how much the 5G services will be when they come out properly here but I’m not in much of a rush to upgrade at the moment 4G is fast enough for me!.

I mostly just stick with 3G and that’s perfectly fine for me. 4G isn’t as widely available as 3G here and I usually forget to switch between the two. Kinda curious to see what magic 5G is supposed to do. 

Well, I’m still not sick - fingers crossed it stays that way - though I’ve been pumping myself with every immune system booster known to mankind. Drank 1.5 liters of ginger tea yesterday and took an extra tablet of vitamin C and drank a cup of coconut water and all the shit doctors tell you do as home remedy or prevention. But I haven’t had a good nights sleep in days and literally everybody is sick around me. Even the people I worked with yesterday. The guy was so sweet, poor thing, he was like a Clegane sized person and sniffling all day and telling me how shit he was feeling during breaks.

Well I’m determined to not get sick because I have three more client days next week and I want to attend them so I get paid. Literally the only thing that makes me motivated to work these projects is visualizing the invoice I’m going to issue at the end of the month. I know that’s not trendy and all, but that’s the raw truth of the current workplace situation. I’ll also be applying for another job this weekend, though I’m not sure it’s a particularly right fit for me. We’ll see. But first and foremost, I’m going autumn shopping because the weather finally realized that it’s autumn, to the point where my heating switched on in the morning. And now I’ve borrowed (stolen) sister’s parka to go out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

I mostly just stick with 3G and that’s perfectly fine for me. 4G isn’t as widely available as 3G here and I usually forget to switch between the two. Kinda curious to see what magic 5G is supposed to do. 

Well, I’m still not sick - fingers crossed it stays that way - though I’ve been pumping myself with every immune system booster known to mankind. Drank 1.5 liters of ginger tea yesterday and took an extra tablet of vitamin C and drank a cup of coconut water and all the shit doctors tell you do as home remedy or prevention. But I haven’t had a good nights sleep in days and literally everybody is sick around me. Even the people I worked with yesterday. The guy was so sweet, poor thing, he was like a Clegane sized person and sniffling all day and telling me how shit he was feeling during breaks.

Well I’m determined to not get sick because I have three more client days next week and I want to attend them so I get paid. Literally the only thing that makes me motivated to work these projects is visualizing the invoice I’m going to issue at the end of the month. I know that’s not trendy and all, but that’s the raw truth of the current workplace situation. I’ll also be applying for another job this weekend, though I’m not sure it’s a particularly right fit for me. We’ll see. But first and foremost, I’m going autumn shopping because the weather finally realized that it’s autumn, to the point where my heating switched on in the morning. And now I’ve borrowed (stolen) sister’s parka to go out. 

Here it mostly seems to be 4G everywhere, which I find is fine.

I’m glad you’re feeling ok, have you had ecinacea?, that is meant to be good at warding off bugs. I’ve been out with mini Sith this morning to see friends, my wife is having an off day, she’s being all grumpy and pregnant, I can relate though I was the same some days!, so I thought I’d be thoughtful and let her chill on the sofa in peace or have some rest.

It’s nice and warm here today, the car said 25c :D, but after today it is meant to be rain for a whole week so thought it would be nice to make the most of being outdoors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Here it mostly seems to be 4G everywhere, which I find is fine.

I’m glad you’re feeling ok, have you had ecinacea?, that is meant to be good at warding off bugs. I’ve been out with mini Sith this morning to see friends, my wife is having an off day, she’s being all grumpy and pregnant, I can relate though I was the same some days!, so I thought I’d be thoughtful and let her chill on the sofa in peace or have some rest.

It’s nice and warm here today, the car said 25c :D, but after today it is meant to be rain for a whole week so thought it would be nice to make the most of being outdoors.

No, not echinacia yet. Will inject that into my system as well. I shall prevail and September viruses will be fended off.:fencing:

that sounds so nice! I don’t really miss 25C, I’m fine with this 19-20 we have now, it’s pretty it’s comfortable. It’s just an adjustment, as even last week, we had days with 28C. And aw, you’re a very thoughtful spouse, I’m sure she appreciates it a lot. 

 

Just had lunch, club sandwich is a disgrace at this place but their ginger tea is actual made with real ginger and that was a very pleasant surprise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×