TTTNE 475 - for the Honour of Greyskull!

felice

Also did I let you all know about the life changing event of finally ordering a pouf for the hall? It’s green and velvet and the perfect size and I got like 30% discount from the even originally reasonable price. On the downside, it won’t arrive till November. But it’s really perfect. And gives me time to do up the hall. 

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

No, not echinacia yet. Will inject that into my system as well. I shall prevail and September viruses will be fended off.:fencing:

that sounds so nice! I don’t really miss 25C, I’m fine with this 19-20 we have now, it’s pretty it’s comfortable. It’s just an adjustment, as even last week, we had days with 28C. And aw, you’re a very thoughtful spouse, I’m sure she appreciates it a lot. 

Just had lunch, club sandwich is a disgrace at this place but their ginger tea is actual made with real ginger and that was a very pleasant surprise. 

19-20c is good too, autumn and spring are my favourite times of year, I don’t like winter or summer that much, although I like some bits about both of those seasons too.

She did appreciate it, she had a nice rest without mini Sith scampering around making noise or me making noise doing guitar or piano practice, in fact me and mini Sith make quite the noisy pair!.

I had a really nice chicken Caesar salad for lunch, what was bad about the club sandwich?.

2 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

19-20c is good too, autumn and spring are my favourite times of year, I don’t like winter or summer that much, although I like some bits about both of those seasons too.

She did appreciate it, she had a nice rest without mini Sith scampering around making noise or me making noise doing guitar or piano practice, in fact me and mini Sith make quite the noisy pair!.

I had a really nice chicken Caesar salad for lunch, what was bad about the club sandwich?.

I’m absolutely in favor of autumn and winter. I do enjoy summer for 2-3 weeks, especially if most of that is spent at a beachside resort. 

:lol: I can relate, since sister and I are flatmates, every moment of silence is gold. 

It was good but it was basically a ham, cheese and mayo sandwich. 

I kinda overdid the shopping. All I can say for myself is that I didn’t really do shopping for summer, I got maybe two t-shirts and a pair of €6 slippers one time some sandals murdered my feet?  and I also didn’t buy any new dresses for the weddings I went to. So...... I guess that makes it less awful? 

7 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I kinda overdid the shopping. All I can say for myself is that I didn’t really do shopping for summer, I got maybe two t-shirts and a pair of €6 slippers one time some sandals murdered my feet?  and I also didn’t buy any new dresses for the weddings I went to. So...... I guess that makes it less awful? 

:o You generally go shopping every season every year? :o

I must be doing the whole capitalism thing wrong.

One week (not even that) in a student dorm and I am already annoyed by the lack of cleanliness in the kitchen. This should be fun in the next few months.

15 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I’m absolutely in favor of autumn and winter. I do enjoy summer for 2-3 weeks, especially if most of that is spent at a beachside resort. 

:lol: I can relate, since sister and I are flatmates, every moment of silence is gold. 

It was good but it was basically a ham, cheese and mayo sandwich. 

Ugh I don’t like mayo much.

She did have a nice rest and was less grumpy later, her sister is back tomorrow too, I did do some practice but I do it in my little studio room which is semi sound proofed :D, this doesn’t work for when I want to play piano though because it wouldn’t fit in there, so it’s in another room.

Mini Sith is a combination of noisy and concerning what she will try and break or chew!.

Shopping is fun!, I love going but these days I find I’m buying more stuff for mini Sith than myself, did you get anything nice today?.

43 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

:o You generally go shopping every season every year? :o

I must be doing the whole capitalism thing wrong.

One week (not even that) in a student dorm and I am already annoyed by the lack of cleanliness in the kitchen. This should be fun in the next few months.

No, I usually go shopping for summer and for winter/autumn. But since I didn’t go on vacation this year (as in a classic beach holiday) I didn’t see any point in getting new summer things.

(Also, make no mistake, I do wear everything I buy for several years until they are no longer in suitable condition for me to wear or I grow to dislike them, and then they are donated. I do enjoy fashion and shopping, and I probably shop way more than some people but also way less than some other people..)

oh that’s really annoying. It’s a... communal kitchen? Is that what it’s called? What you share with the entire floor? 

32 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Ugh I don’t like mayo much.

She did have a nice rest and was less grumpy later, her sister is back tomorrow too, I did do some practice but I do it in my little studio room which is semi sound proofed :D, this doesn’t work for when I want to play piano though because it wouldn’t fit in there, so it’s in another room.

Mini Sith is a combination of noisy and concerning what she will try and break or chew!.

Shopping is fun!, I love going but these days I find I’m buying more stuff for mini Sith than myself, did you get anything nice today?.

I mean music is nice, I wouldn’t necessarily consider it a noise. 

Mini sith roaming the house and destroying stuff is another story though :lol: hope she doesn’t wreck the house all by herself and leaves a bit of chewing and trying to little brother or sister too :D 

yeah, yeah, kinda. I got two blouses, basic t-shirts, two sweaters, a pair of black jeans and a blazer. And a pair of boots I might return. They aren’t above the knee or below the knee they kinda end right on top of my knees and that looks a bit weird. But the nose and the heels are pretty perfect so I’m kinda torn about it. 

52 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

oh that’s really annoying. It’s a... communal kitchen? Is that what it’s called? What you share with the entire floor? 

Not with the entire floor, but with the people in the few rooms closest to mine. I think it is supposed to be shared with 12 others (13 including me), but not all rooms are occupied at the moment (yet). I think there are about 9 of us who share it at the moment.

Anyway, am hopping home tomorrow for a workshop at uni, then again here next weekend. So much travelling recently!

13 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Not with the entire floor, but with the people in the few rooms closest to mine. I think it is supposed to be shared with 12 others (13 including me), but not all rooms are occupied at the moment (yet). I think there are about 9 of us who share it at the moment.

Anyway, am hopping home tomorrow for a workshop at uni, then again here next weekend. So much travelling recently!

I dont even know how you do it... I would be exhausted with all that traveling. I’m exhausted as it is and I only have inland work trips. Hope you have a good time at the workshop! 

11 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I dont even know how you do it... I would be exhausted with all that traveling. I’m exhausted as it is and I only have inland work trips. Hope you have a good time at the workshop! 

Oh believe me, I am too. I am not even sure this workshop/course/program/whatever this is that my professor only this week invited me to will be like, I just figured it muse be good if she personally wrote me about it (or, more likely, they desperately need people to take part in it so it doesn't look weird for the lecturer). And I don't have any binding things to be at here next week. I actually thought I was going to stay put here for the next few months, but then I got this email and was encouraged by a friend to take a chance on it. This friend apparently has ... a lot of trust in my intellectual and academic abilities, judging from some comments this week.

But I have been travelling so much since the beginning of July, I think the longest I stayed at the same place was 2 weeks, which was once, the rest of the time I've been on the move. I am quite sick of packing and unpacking and sitting in buses and trains and stuff. Although I am used to it by now. :) 

Well, at least I suppose I know why the cute guy I went out with at the end of June, just before this travelling summer started, ghosted me. :( Who would want to be with somebody who seemingly cannot stay in the same country for more than a week at a time?

15 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Oh believe me, I am too. I am not even sure this workshop/course/program/whatever this is that my professor only this week invited me to will be like, I just figured it muse be good if she personally wrote me about it (or, more likely, they desperately need people to take part in it so it doesn't look weird for the lecturer). And I don't have any binding things to be at here next week. I actually thought I was going to stay put here for the next few months, but then I got this email and was encouraged by a friend to take a chance on it. This friend apparently has ... a lot of trust in my intellectual and academic abilities, judging from some comments this week.

But I have been travelling so much since the beginning of July, I think the longest I stayed at the same place was 2 weeks, which was once, the rest of the time I've been on the move. I am quite sick of packing and unpacking and sitting in buses and trains and stuff. Although I am used to it by now. :) 

Well, at least I suppose I know why the cute guy I went out with at the end of June, just before this travelling summer started, ghosted me. :( Who would want to be with somebody who seemingly cannot stay in the same country for more than a week at a time?

I don’t see why anybody would not have a lot of trust in your intellectual and academic abilities. Hope you make the most of that workshop. 

Yeah, the packing is tiring and so is sitting on the bus/train. For me though the most tiring is never being home and feeling at home. I’m one of those boring people who enjoy being home and spending free time at home, so this is something I’m especially sensitive about. I’m sure for more adventurous souls it’s equally important to always be on the move and experience new places and things. 

I don’t think it’s the lack of willingness to be with that person. Surely someone who’s interested in you wants to be with you, but being constantly on the go makes the situation difficult of course, so to me that sounds like the unwanted part? In my experience men people (I’m sure there are women like this too) even choose to opt out much further down the relationship when the situation gets difficult. It makes sense they would do the same after a couple dates. Which is of course no excuse for ghosting someone... I’m rambling, I’m sorry. 

Why is the weekend almost oveeeeer? I need a month of vacation. 

17 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

No, I usually go shopping for summer and for winter/autumn. But since I didn’t go on vacation this year (as in a classic beach holiday) I didn’t see any point in getting new summer things.

(Also, make no mistake, I do wear everything I buy for several years until they are no longer in suitable condition for me to wear or I grow to dislike them, and then they are donated. I do enjoy fashion and shopping, and I probably shop way more than some people but also way less than some other people..)

I mean music is nice, I wouldn’t necessarily consider it a noise. 

Mini sith roaming the house and destroying stuff is another story though :lol: hope she doesn’t wreck the house all by herself and leaves a bit of chewing and trying to little brother or sister too :D 

yeah, yeah, kinda. I got two blouses, basic t-shirts, two sweaters, a pair of black jeans and a blazer. And a pair of boots I might return. They aren’t above the knee or below the knee they kinda end right on top of my knees and that looks a bit weird. But the nose and the heels are pretty perfect so I’m kinda torn about it. 

I guess it depends on your music tastes,as hers are are all stuff like Ariana Grande and Rihanna the music I like does seem more like noise to her and vice verse :P.

Mini Sith will try to destroy everything all by herself I’m sure, we did go out earlier for a bit and it rained a lot but she insisted in jumping in a big puddle and getting soaked!.

We have a scan this week and find out wether she will be getting a brother or sister :commie:.

That sounds like a successful shopping trip :D, I bought a pair of knee high boots a while back and I wore them on a night out, one of my friends called them slut boots and it kind of put me off wearing them again :(.

3 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I guess it depends on your music tastes,as hers are are all stuff like Ariana Grande and Rihanna the music I like does seem more like noise to her and vice verse :P.

Mini Sith will try to destroy everything all by herself I’m sure, we did go out earlier for a bit and it rained a lot but she insisted in jumping in a big puddle and getting soaked!.

We have a scan this week and find out wether she will be getting a brother or sister :commie:.

That sounds like a successful shopping trip :D, I bought a pair of knee high boots a while back and I wore them on a night out, one of my friends called them slut boots and it kind of put me off wearing them again :(.

Same here, I’m a sucker for cheap pop music. 

That is fun! I don’t remember jumping into puddles but we have lots of trees in my parents garden and I know I used to jump into the piles of fallen leaves and mess them up so the garden had to be raked again. 

Yaay! Very exciting! 

Oh yeah, I could definitely feel those vibes when I tried Them on with short skirts or skinny jeans too. Certainly not going down that route, I’m way too old for it. Nah, I wanted these type of boots to wear with culottes and midi skirts because they are high enough and fitted enough to not look awkward with them. Still undecided about keeping them though... 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Same here, I’m a sucker for cheap pop music. 

That is fun! I don’t remember jumping into puddles but we have lots of trees in my parents garden and I know I used to jump into the piles of fallen leaves and mess them up so the garden had to be raked again. 

Yaay! Very exciting! 

Oh yeah, I could definitely feel those vibes when I tried Them on with short skirts or skinny jeans too. Certainly not going down that route, I’m way too old for it. Nah, I wanted these type of boots to wear with culottes and midi skirts because they are high enough and fitted enough to not look awkward with them. Still undecided about keeping them though... 

I don’t mind cheap pop music but it’s not really for me, I tolerate her iTunes/Spotify lists in the car more than she tolerates mine though, because I like ‘depressing high brow stuff that isn’t fun to listen to’ apparently.....

Yes we have had lots of jumping in puddles today, she had fun though, we will have to sort the leaves in the garden out soon, well the Gardner will when he next comes.

Yeah knee high boots and a short skirt does kind of scream I’m easy!:lmao:, I bought some nice skinny jeans recently too, they’re getting a bit more use now it’s autumn.

7 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I don’t see why anybody would not have a lot of trust in your intellectual and academic abilities. Hope you make the most of that workshop.

I heard many people say my German skills are very good. No shit, I have been learning it for a while and practising and teaching it. :P Feels good to get that many compliments though.

Now, I know some women have problems being taken seriously in their workplace/academic/study aspirations are are sick of being seen and valued only as far as their looks and bodies go, but I kind of have the opposite problem ... I want to be seen as attractive as well as smart and capable! Oh, humans can never be satisfied, can they? :leaving: 

7 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yeah, the packing is tiring and so is sitting on the bus/train. For me though the most tiring is never being home and feeling at home. I’m one of those boring people who enjoy being home and spending free time at home, so this is something I’m especially sensitive about. I’m sure for more adventurous souls it’s equally important to always be on the move and experience new places and things. 

I don’t think it’s the lack of willingness to be with that person. Surely someone who’s interested in you wants to be with you, but being constantly on the go makes the situation difficult of course, so to me that sounds like the unwanted part? In my experience men people (I’m sure there are women like this too) even choose to opt out much further down the relationship when the situation gets difficult. It makes sense they would do the same after a couple dates. Which is of course no excuse for ghosting someone... I’m rambling, I’m sorry. 

Ah, I can feel at home at various places I suppose. Although I wouldn't describe myself as adventurous at all.

Yes, I could understand this being a dealbreaker ... but no excuse for ghosting either way. Still somewhat annoyed by it. And then I start thinking about the supernatural entity and how I was the happiest when I was with him ... urgh, those are BAD thoughts.

7 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

You want to know or want to keep it a surprise? :)

Does Mini Sith already know she is getting a sibling?

And wear any boots you like! :commie: 

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I heard many people say my German skills are very good. No shit, I have been learning it for a while and practising and teaching it. :P Feels good to get that many compliments though.

Now, I know some women have problems being taken seriously in their workplace/academic/study aspirations are are sick of being seen and valued only as far as their looks and bodies go, but I kind of have the opposite problem ... I want to be seen as attractive as well as smart and capable! Oh, humans can never be satisfied, can they? :leaving: 

Ah, I can feel at home at various places I suppose. Although I wouldn't describe myself as adventurous at all.

Yes, I could understand this being a dealbreaker ... but no excuse for ghosting either way. Still somewhat annoyed by it. And then I start thinking about the supernatural entity and how I was the happiest when I was with him ... urgh, those are BAD thoughts.

You want to know or want to keep it a surprise? :)

Does Mini Sith already know she is getting a sibling?

And wear any boots you like! :commie: 

We have tried to tell her but she’s still too little to understand really.

We also don’t want a surprise we’d rather know what we’re having so we can buy the right stuff for them straight away and it instantly narrows down the difficult task of choosing names by 50%. We did end up playing it very safe with mini Siths name though.

6 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

We have tried to tell her but she’s still too little to understand really.

We also don’t want a surprise we’d rather know what we’re having so we can buy the right stuff for them straight away and it instantly narrows down the difficult task of choosing names by 50%. We did end up playing it very safe with mini Siths name though.

Right. You still have most of the stuff you used for Mini Sith that a younger sibling can use, right?

The thought about names is practical one, though! Wouldn't have thought of it. :P

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Right. You still have most of the stuff you used for Mini Sith that a younger sibling can use, right?

The thought about names is practical one, though! Wouldn't have thought of it. :P

Yes we do, I guess we still just want to know though, and it is a good idea about the names, although I don’t get to make the final decision this time!.

Good grief! I show up to post a bit of news and find the thread in the middle of a "race". But races on TTTNE aren't what they used to be, I guess.

Here's the news item and I hope it did not affect any of you or your loved ones:

150,000 British residents

The collapse of the British travel company Thomas Cook has stranded approximately 500,000 tourists, including at least 150,000 British residents, around the world. The company ceased trading and operations on Monday due to more than $2 billion in debt, failing to secure additional credit, as well as being denied a government bailout. The U.K.’s Civil Aviation Authority also says it expects to operate 1,000 flights to 55 destinations to pick up passengers. (from Slate.com)

Today has been very busy for us, firstly an electrician came and installed the charging point for my new electric car that is arriving on Friday :D.

Secondly and much more importantly we went for our scan today and we know what my wife is expecting :commie:.

Mini Sith is going to have a younger .....

Spoiler

I’m dreading the fights in a few years time!.

On 9/22/2019 at 9:30 PM, Buckwheat said:

heard many people say my German skills are very good. No shit, I have been learning it for a while and practising and teaching it. :P Feels good to get that many compliments though.

Well I think it’s true for everybody that we want it all. But just like with everything else in life, the scale will typically tip in one direction. If it counts for anything I don’t think I’m seen as either smart or attractive :lol: :dunno: 

On 9/22/2019 at 9:30 PM, Buckwheat said:

That’s really nice. I’m way too much of a home buddy to feel home anywhere. There are some cities and some hotels that make me feel like home, but it’s rare. Paris is a gorgeous place but it never ever made me feel home. Same with Vienna. 

Yeah, that’s absolutely inexcusable. Well I know all about brooding over romances of past, but yeah, it doesn’t ever bring you a single step closer to romances of present.

On 9/22/2019 at 7:40 PM, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I don’t mind cheap pop music but it’s not really for me, I tolerate her iTunes/Spotify lists in the car more than she tolerates mine though, because I like ‘depressing high brow stuff that isn’t fun to listen to’ apparently.....

Yes we have had lots of jumping in puddles today, she had fun though, we will have to sort the leaves in the garden out soon, well the Gardner will when he next comes.

Yeah knee high boots and a short skirt does kind of scream I’m easy!:lmao:, I bought some nice skinny jeans recently too, they’re getting a bit more use now it’s autumn.

It’s always good if you reach a compromise over music one way or the other :D 

I hope I’ll have a chance to visit my hometown in a couple weeks too and see some foliage. It’s sooooo pretty!!!!

to me they screamed those anime characters with unrealistic body proportions, short skirts and thigh stockings, which were on every cable channel after 11pm when I was a kid :lol: 

4 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

Good grief! I show up to post a bit of news and find the thread in the middle of a "race". But races on TTTNE aren't what they used to be, I guess.

Here's the news item and I hope it did not affect any of you or your loved ones:

150,000 British residents

The collapse of the British travel company Thomas Cook has stranded approximately 500,000 tourists, including at least 150,000 British residents, around the world. The company ceased trading and operations on Monday due to more than $2 billion in debt, failing to secure additional credit, as well as being denied a government bailout. The U.K.’s Civil Aviation Authority also says it expects to operate 1,000 flights to 55 destinations to pick up passengers. (from Slate.com)

Nope I haven’t heard of this. Pretty nasty business. Hope those travelers have insurance. 

1 hour ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Today has been very busy for us, firstly an electrician came and installed the charging point for my new electric car that is arriving on Friday :D.

Secondly and much more importantly we went for our scan today and we know what my wife is expecting :commie:.

Mini Sith is going to have a younger .....

Reveal hidden contents

I’m dreading the fights in a few years time!.

Spoiler

Omg you guys will have a LOT to deal with. I can’t even imagine that amount of estrogen in one household :D 

But joke aside: CONGRATS! :commie: :commie: Lovely news For you and your family! 

Archived