Acrophobia 35B: Death Comes As The End, Final Round Voting!!

Fragile Bird

4 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

I see only two of us are following the thread. I strongly suggest you all follow the thread so that you get notifications!

Interestingly, I have never got notifications when I follow the thread, so I stopped bothering to.

This game is the one thing that keeps me coming to the forum, so I wouldn't be too concerned about me.

4 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

My link to westeros is to the game forum page so I can immediately check if anything has "happened" in any of the games I'm involved in.

eta: that said, I did just click to "follow" this thread - 'cuz why not?

I don't know why but I just can't reconcile honeyed chicken as Bugs. Possibly because I have always found Bugs annoying.

5 hours ago, Castellan said:

I don't know why but I just can't reconcile honeyed chicken as Bugs. Possibly because I have always found Bugs annoying.

It's a short term thing - just for the current TTTNE thread theme - favorite cartoon characters. As a kid Bugs > Superman. Nothing perturbed him.

Eta: Plus, he has big ears - as do I. :)

32 minutes ago, Vandal said:

Thank you, that's tolerant. Bronn is tough though, so pragmatic that it is hard to imagine anything imaginary about him :lol:

The way I sometimes handle a set of letters is by thinking of a word I associate with the character and seeing if I can build a phrase around the word, like 'sword' or 'dragon' or 'wolf', for example.

3 minutes ago, Emmit said:

Well, it's nice to see my little game is still going. I know its been a (very long) while since I've been around, but I think of y'all often and fondly.

Well hello there, ghost-from-the-past!

:love:

Put in an entry! Or vote!

ROUND ONE, PART A, RESULTS for BRIENNE

1.  Tormund's sword altered disposition.  Frosty undead decapitated. Jez Bell: 1+1+3=5

2.   Reanimated ice troopers foray. Gallantry comparable opposite Boromir. Dolorous Gabe: 1+1=2

3.   Trying swords against dragons fails unto death. honeyed chicken: 1+1+3+2+2+1+1+1=12

4.   In the Godswood, rudely skewered, liver perforated. rocksniffer: 1+1+3+3+2+1+1+1=13+2=15

5.   Run-down in throne fights, getting colds on battlefields. Rhaenys Bee: 1+1+2+1=5

6.   Righteously in the final glorious conflict, outrageously brave. Castellan: 1+1+3+3+2+2+1=13+2=15

7.   Trial!  Stoneheart always demands fighting until death. Howlin' Howard: 1+1+3+2+2+2=11

8.   That Stupid Arya's Dagger Fileted Ugly Dame.Count Balerion: 1+1+3+3+1=9+2=11

Standings

1. Castellan 15

1. rocksniffer 15

3. honeyed chicken 12

4. Howlin' Howard 11

4. Count Balerion 11

6. Jez Bell 5

6. Rhaenys Bee 5

8. Dolorous Gabe 2

9. Emmit 1 (for voting)

Castellan and rocksniffer have started out strong, Castellan with an entry that was popular, I think, because it rang true, and sniffer for a funny Clue. But we almost had a three way tie, honeyed chicken just one point behind with a pretty on point description, and Howlin' Howard and Count Balerion right behind with more deaths that ring true.

It's very early in this game and from what I've seen from the next round's entries, we can have a lot of movement. I have to say I was surprised to see DG got no love for what I thought was strong entry and a nice comparison with LotR.

That's the thing with this game, in the end you really don't know what people will like. :)

I didn't put the voting information in the OP, so just to remind you all the votes are set out like this: (on time entry + voting) + (3 for 1st) + (2 for 2nd) + (1 for 3rd) + 4 points for getting the most first place votes, 2 if there are ties.

Three people got 2 first place votes, each got 2 points for that.

My Bronn entries are ready to post, but someone needs to tell me which one to use!

Also, someone is late....

Since I am back in hospital early tomorrow with my family member for more tests, they may not get posted until later in the morning or early afternoon.

ROUND 3 - Davos Seaworth

Our good sailor, former smuggler, the Onion Knight, has been sent off to a very dangerous place in search of a little lost Stark. Off to Skagos, where cannibals live, to rescue Rickon.

Things are different in the HBO series.

Spoiler

Jon Snow and Davos travel to Dragonstone to meet Dany and to get dragonglass, to be able to kill White Walkers. Tyrion suggests they capture a WW to bring back to King's Landing to prove to the skeptics they actually exist, they return to the north, joined by Gendr. Jon almost gets slaughtered trying to get a WW but gets rescued by Dany and dragons, brought there by a supersonic raven that made the trip south from the Wall in magical speed. They then head back south.

Will Davos actually disappear on Skagos? Or does a pissed off Mel get revenge on him? Does his ship sink? Does a wight get him?

The letters. I gave you an extra set.

lokjckm

nktkbie

dbcnhwir

In the almfwd

The deadline will be Monday, March 18 at 11:00 pm EST.

When I went to bed last night I had the Bronn voting round set up and ready to post. I was waiting for a selection to be made and for an entry to come in. 

Normally the comment box will sit there with your work even if you don't post it. When I went to post this morning everything was gone except "Round 2 - Bronn   1." That's never happened before. I don't have the time to re-do the post as I am leaving for the hospital in 10 minutes. So in the meantime work on your Davos entry and re-check your Bronn entry to make sure it's perfect!

shout out to Jezzie for what i thought was a great use of sword...in my twisted brain it was in ref to Tormund using his "sword" to alter her ... "disposition" ... :leer: ...thus distracted, they died at the hands of a walker... romantic

that made me laugh til i leaked...thank you @Jez Bell for a healing belly laugh

:hat:

11 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

I have to say I was surprised to see DG got no love for what I thought was strong entry and a nice comparison with LotR.

I appreciate the shout out but I think the problem was that Castellan basically said the same thing and did it much much better.

I did say this style wouldn't suit me. But also, winning the game is more fun when you've had a disastrous 1st round ;)

Archived