Acrophobia 35B: Death Comes As The End, Final Round Voting!!

Fragile Bird

2 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Was I incorrect? Is it 3 if the winner is alone, and 2 if shared?

Not at all. It's up to you as host :)

I haven't been using the 1st place bonus system as host for a while as I am not convinced of its superiority as a system.

On the one hand; without it the competition can be closer between top and bottom.

On the other hand; with it there is more chance of a big comeback.

There are pros and cons to each system IMO but I just about prefer it without the bonus.

When I added the bonus I was wondering about it, but since I did Part A with the bonus and the first two rounds already with it, I’ll keep going. Next time I run a game I may give a 1 point bonus for most votes, including ties, to acknowledge the achievement.

Man! This might be the toughest vote yet. You guys are pros.

1st)  5.   Profoundly suicidal, accepts last darkness. Above, Seven weep.

2nd)  2.   Preservation, sanity alter long dreamed assassination. Sails west.

3rd)  3.   Perished snickering at lunacy. Deadly Acrophobia skewered warrior.

ROUND THREE, PART B - RESULTS FOR SANDOR CLEGANE 

What's the Hound's last bark?

1.   Protecting Sansa: a lone dog against seventy wights! Dolorous Gabe: 1+1+3+3+3+2+2+2=17+4=21*

2.   Preservation, sanity alter long dreamed assassination. Sails west. Lady Blizzardborn: 1+1+2+3=7

3.   Perished snickering at lunacy. Deadly Acrophobia skewered warrior. Count Balerion: 1+1+1=3

4.   Yikes! Irrefutable undoing: toxic, odorous, mouldy poultry. RhaenysBee: 1+1+3+2+2+1+1+1=12

5.   Profoundly suicidal, accepts last darkness. Above, Seven weep. Emmit: 1+1+3+3+2+1+1=12

6.   Plutarchs send armies. Let death answer sordid "whys?" honeyed chicken: 1+1+1=3

7.   Poor Sandor, assaulting Lannisport, dies amid searing wildfire. Howlin' Howland: 1+1+3+3+2=10

Standings

1st.   Dolorous Gabe   24+17=41*

2nd.   RhaenysBee   26+12=38

3rd.  Howlin' Howland   25+10=35

4th.   Emmit  19+12=31

5th.   Count Balerion  14+3=17

5th.   honeyed chicken  14+3=17 

7th.  Lady Blizzardborn  1+7=8

8th.  Castellan  2+1=3

Well, we do seem to have a horse race at the top, with the frontrunners changing leads again. This time Dolorous Gabe takes first with a loyal dog, RhaenysBee is second with sick chicken, and Howlin' Howland comes third a dark fear. Emmit chose another dark idea. I'm disappointed honeyed chicken and Count Balerion only got a single vote. Welcome back with an entry, Lady Blizzardborn!

One good entry can upset everything, though!

ROUND FIVE, PART B - LADY STONEHEART

Ok, she's sort of dead already. And she was never in the HBO series, but I think we expect her to reappear in the next book, right? She's taking the spot I had reserved for Jaime Lannister, but since we've done Cersei, Jaime seems like gilding the lily. I was briefly, madly, considering Donald Trump, since he stole an HBO poster, but bah, he doesn't merit it. Save it for the US Politics thread!

Anyhow, I think we all expect Lady Stoneheart to reappear and do something. We expect Jaime and Brienne to have a confrontation before her. Do they kill her? Does LS continue to harass Freys? Do the Freys get her? Does she run to The Neck and sink in a swamp? Does she make it to winter and get killed by a wight, dead killing the dead? Does she die and simply not get revived? Use your imagination!

Your letters:

tastne

rdwlbrb

domfnlid

In the esjgutg

Eeeeeek! Once again I worry about letters. 

Your deadline is Friday, July 5, at 10:00 pm EST. If many of you are away for 4th of July, please advise and I will move to Sunday.

ROUND FOUR, PART B VOTING - TYRION LANNISTER

1.   Vigorously bedding damsel, eighty, tanked and . . . heart tachycardia.   

2.   In the brothel, sipping Baelish's "adulterated" wine.

3.   "He's stupid." Dany whistled humiliatingly. "Garrotte him!"

4.   In the bordello surrounded by alabaster whores.

5.   Vigorously barbecued. Daenerys ends tactless, abysmal Hand tortuously. 

6.   His survival depends where his gold is.

7.   Vexingly belabored death. Everyone talking about halfman's tuberculosis.

Vote for your top three choices! Good luck to everyone! I do love you all!

Deadline for voting is Friday, July 5th, by 10:00 pm EST.

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

I'm disappointed honeyed chicken and Count Balerion only got a single vote. Welcome back with an entry, Lady Blizzardborn!

Thank you kind lady, but I'm not disappointed. This what comes from running with the big dogs and Gabe is definitely one of those and Rhaenys? This is what, your 2nd language, third? For RB to be doing this not in her native tongue is awesome to behold and I bow to her. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

And besides, there's always next round. ;)

Yikes! I just looked at the Tyrion entries. I'll be lucky to get one third place vote this time.

These are just ridiculously good. Where the heck do you people come from?!! This is going to be hard and I reserve the right to come back and edit my vote - so please don't start counting till the deadline, FB. :)

1st)   1.  Vigorously bedding damsel, eighty, tanked and . . . heart tachycardia.  ((astoundingly close to his answer to the hill tribes in AGOT when Shagga (I think) asked him how he wanted to die. Is one of you secretly Stephen Fry?!!))

2nd)   6.   His survival depends where his gold is. ((sheer genius!!!!))

3rd)   3.   "He's stupid." Dany whistled humiliatingly. "Garrotte him!"  (( a bit of a stretch, but I like it))

1. 1 - whoever put this together deserves to win the game :bowdown:

2. 7

3. 4 

and @honeyed chickenthank you very much for your kind words of appreciation. I’m pretty sure all my entries scream that English isn’t my first language, but hey, I do learn a lot playing acrophobia and just reading the entries you guys submit, so what the heck. It’s an absolutely fun way to polish my declining English, that gets so little use in my everyday life. 

Archived