Acrophobia 35B: Death Comes As The End, Final Round Voting!!

Fragile Bird

On 7/1/2019 at 6:21 PM, honeyed chicken said:

Thank you kind lady, but I'm not disappointed. This what comes from running with the big dogs and Gabe is definitely one of those and Rhaenys? This is what, your 2nd language, third? For RB to be doing this not in her native tongue is awesome to behold and I bow to her. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

And besides, there's always next round. ;)

Yikes! I just looked at the Tyrion entries. I'll be lucky to get one third place vote this time.

While my soul was largely destroyed (I'd say about 64%), it's no humiliation when the DG chap is in it. And the soul will doubtless grow back again.

I had no notion Rhaenys wasn't a native speaker! Impressed!

For the record, the DG big dog chap is just very lucky and has been playing this game for a long time. He was very much unremarkable in his first few games of Acrophobia.

He'd likely have many fewer points in this game had the clever Bird not convinced him that he should go with what he considered his joke option in R1.

The luck will cease. Karma will probably punish him for writing in the third person ;)

2 minutes ago, honeyed chicken said:

Soul? What is this "soul" of which you speak? ((acrophobia seems to have destroyed mine. :rofl:))

Someone should have this for their death: "Acrophobia annihilates Lady Stoneheart/Tyrion/Dany/Whoever's soul." But of course it has to fit the letters.

I will be posting later tonight. We have had very hot weather and my A/C decided to expire, lol. It has been too hot to work on the computer, and I could not do it on my cell phone.

Funnily enough, on Monday the roofers come to take off my roof, put down 4.5 inches (10 and a bit cm) of insulation and roof and metallic reflective roof top. That will give my flat roof an R value of 27. Right now it has a rock bottom R-value, whatever that is for just having a roof over your house, 5, 10, I dunno. The building code requires R 60 for new houses now. The roofer said I will see a huge difference, it won't be perfect but it will be very different. It will take three days.

I should have called on Thursday for the repair people and didn't get around to it. I have a room conditioner in my bedroom that I thought would be good enough. but today's heat disabused me of that idea. And we have a lot more hot weather ahead. This is the time of year when people turn on the air and find out something is wrong. I probably won't get the repair guy out until the end of the week, they are very busy with installations too. 

ROUND FOUR, PART B - RESULTS FOR TYRION LANNISTER

How does our little friend die?

1.   Vigorously bedding damsel, eighty, tanked and . . . heart tachycardia. Howlin' Howland: 1+1+3+3+3+2+2+1=16+4=20* 

2.   In the brothel, sipping Baelish's "adulterated" wine Emmit: 1+1+3+1=6

3.   "He's stupid." Dany whistled humiliatingly. "Garrotte him!" Count Balerion: 1+1+2+1=5

4.   In the bordello surrounded by alabaster whores. honeyed chicken: 1+1+3+1+1=7

5.   Vigorously barbecued. Daenerys ends tactless, abysmal Hand tortuously. RhaenysBee: 1+1+3=5

6.   His survival depends where his gold is. Dolorous Gabe: 1+1+2+2+1=7

7.   Vexingly belabored death. Everyone talking about halfman's tuberculosis. Lady Blizzardborn: 1+3+2+2+1=9

Standings

1st.  Howlin' Howland   35+20=55

2nd.   Dolorous Gabe   41+7=48

3rd.   RhaenysBee   38+5=43

4th.   Emmit  31+6=37

5th.   honeyed chicken  17+7=24

6th.   Count Balerion  17+5=22

7th.  Lady Blizzardborn  8+9=17

8th.  Castellan  3+1=4

Our horse race changed leaders on the backstretch! Congratulations to Howlin' Howland for a well-crafted entry! Dolorous Gabe is golden for second, and RhaenysBee is in third. The winning entry was very popular, with the rest of the votes being fairly well spread. Lady Blizzardborn gets back into to harness taking second place in the round - well done! But you forgot to vote!

ROUND 6, PART B - DAENERYS TARGARYEN

Hmmmm...must we? Yes, we must. Surely you've been waiting for her?

Something more picturesque, please, than what we saw. That was sooooo foretold, wasn't it?

Your letters:

qdbwgl

opfddy

ewnkoef

dugkitoe

In the hbhhd

I am looking forward to some great entries! Good luck, everyone!

Your deadline is Friday, July 12, 2019, by 10:00 pm EST.

ROUND FIVE, PART B - LADY STONEHEART

How does an ex-Cat make it to the ninth life?

1.   Revenge delivered, withered lifeform brooks releasing burial.

2.   Sweetrobin’s judgment: guilty. Undoing: tempest gliding.

3.   In the estuary - sought justice, gained - underwater, trout goes.

4.   In the end, she just gets ukulele tunes goin'.

5.   Revenge done, with last breath reanimates Brienne.

6.   Death overcome? Mother finds new life IS death.

7.   Redly dispatches, with last breath revives, betrayer.

8.   Dame offered "mercy." Found needed liberation in death.

If you can work on your entries instead of voting, I will send a reminder to someone MIA. With all the heat this week, I have been forgetting to do things.

Vote for your top 3 by Friday, July 12 by 10:00 pm EST.

Remember, read the entries carefully!

I was right! My first thought was that that excellent entry for Tyrion (the one that got 20 points!) was Gabe, just because, but the more I thought about it . . . well no it wasn't that deep. Gabe voted for it so it couldn't be his, and Howland didn't so it must be his. Not that tricky in the end.

Another strong, strong group for Stoneheart. I liked my own entry . . . till I saw the field. Broken record: Damn! you guys are good!

Are we allowed ties? I'm going ahead and doing it. If, FB you want a clear 1st and second, take the one that appears first. Both deserve full points, imo, one for getting "trout" into the sentence, and the other for using "mercy" (as in "mother merciless") so appropriately and for the strength of the whole sentence.

1st) 3.   In the estuary - sought justice, gained - underwater, trout goes.

1st) 8.   Dame offered "mercy." Found needed liberation in death.

3rd) 5.   Revenge done, with last breath reanimates Brienne.

3rd) 6.   Death overcome? Mother finds new life IS death.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

8 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

I have often thought we should have a mechanism for ties, maybe we can work that out for the next game. But since we haven’t used it so far I think I shouldn’t introduce it in the middle of a game.

True. In that case:

Archived