Acrophobia 35B: Death Comes As The End, Final Round Voting!!

Fragile Bird

1)  2.   Sweetrobin’s judgment: guilty. Undoing: tempest gliding.

2)  6.   Death overcome? Mother finds new life IS death.

3)  7.   Redly dispatches, with last breath revives, betrayer.

9 hours ago, Howlin' Howland said:

HC, I didn't understand this reference???

Stephen Fry is an English actor, writer, wordsmith all 'round brilliant person who has appeared on a BBC word game program where the challenge is to make up sentences on the spot without using certain words - if you do you're disqualified. I know him mainly because friends of mine are big Stephen Fry fans. He may be best known here in the states for his role in V for Vendetta.

I may be showing my age (or my tv viewing habits) but Fry starred along with Hugh Laurie in the Jeeves and Wooster tv series of the novels, Fry as Jeeves the butler and Laurie as Bertie Wooster, the idiot gentleman he served.

He also did a BBC series, Stephen Fry’s America, where he travelled across the States showing the USA to Brits.

On 7/10/2019 at 7:04 AM, Fragile Bird said:

I may be showing my age (or my tv viewing habits) but Fry starred along with Hugh Laurie in the Jeeves and Wooster tv series of the novels, Fry as Jeeves the butler and Laurie as Bertie Wooster, the idiot gentleman he served.

He also did a BBC series, Stephen Fry’s America, where he travelled across the States showing the USA to Brits.

Oh man! I loved Jeeves as a kid, but didn't know Fry had played him. Wonder if Netflix has that series?

eta: Not on Netflix, but on You Tube there are numerous whole episodes of Jeeves and Wooster. I watched a few minutes of the first one. Hugh Laurie had to pull out all the comedic stops to portray the clueless, bumbling Wooster. Quite funny.

1. 6.   Death overcome? Mother finds new life IS death.

2. 5.   Revenge done, with last breath reanimates Brienne.

3. 4.   In the end, she just gets ukulele tunes goin'.

47 minutes ago, Emmit said:

The only thing that ever came to my brain was "In the heinny".

I had to stop looking at it.

I was going to go with "In the hopeless-something-headless-harpy-something" - well not exactly, but harpy was going to be in there somewhere.

ROUND FIVE, PART B - RESULTS FOR LADY STONEHEART

How does an ex-Cat make it to the ninth life?

1.   Revenge delivered, witheEred lifeform brooks releasing burial. honeyed chicken: 1+1+2+1+1=6

2.   Sweetrobin’s judgment: guilty. Undoing: tempest gliding. RhaenysBee: 1+1+3+1=6

3.   In the estuary - sought justice, gained - underwater, trout goes. Dolorous Gabe: 1+1+3+2=7

4.   In the end, she just gets ukulele tunes goin'. Count Balerion: 1+1+1+1+1=5

5.   Revenge done, with last breath reanimates Brienne. Howlin' Howland: 1+1+2+2+1=7

6.   Death overcome? Mother finds new life IS death. Emmit: 1+1+3+3+3+3+3+2=19+4=23*

7.   Redly dispatches, with last breath revives, betrayer. Castellan: 1+1+2+1=5

8.   Dame offered "mercy." Found needed liberation in death. Lady Blizzardborn: 1+1+3+2+2=9

Standings

1st.   Howlin' Howland   55+7 = 62

2nd.  Emmit  37+23 = 60*

3rd.   Dolorous Gabe   48+7 = 55

4th.   RhaenysBee   43+6 = 49

5th.   honeyed chicken  24+6 = 30

6th.   Count Balerion  22+5 = 27

7th.   Lady Blizzardborn  17+9 = 26

8th.   Castellan  4+5 = 9

Keeping the horse racing analogy going, we have had a late-charging steed in the home turn! Howlin' Howland has held on to his lead, but my heavens, Emmit has charged up the outside with an entry that struck a cord! Congratulations! Dolorous Gabe and RhaenysBee are certainly still in the race, a good entry can get the win. Everyone pretty well shared the same kind of score with so many votes going to Death overcome. Thank-you for jumping into the game, Castellan! I did like your Red Wedding reference!

Final round coming up!

ROUND 7, PART B - JON SNOW AEGON TARGARYEN

I really wanted to come up with something off the wall (ooooh, look, I made a pun!), even considering Walder Frey for fun, but he died last season. I did not want to kill an animal.

I hope I did not need to use spoilers here, but Jon Snow doesn't die. However, considering the way he was presented this final season, a number of us may have wanted to kill him. Seriously. I was cursing when he got the knives at the Wall, but am happy to pull out a shiv now. And it does feel right to end the round with him.

He falls off the Wall. He falls off a dragon. Dany stabs him. Arya stabs him. He cuts his hand slicing a bagel and dies of sepsis.

He's Mad Aegon redux and sets himself on fire.

Killing him off makes up for some seething anger in the natives!

Your letters:

nbedf

bylymg

scurscb

emsawdim

In the cealc

You have until next Friday, July 19th, at 11:00pm EST to get your entries in.

I really hate these letters, but you guys always come up with stuff...

ROUND SIX, PART B VOTING - DAENERYS TARGARYEN

Poor Dany.

1.    Euron wields navy? Kind of ... er ... forgot.

2.    Queen Dany butchered with gruesome latte.

3.    Entering Westeros, nobody kneels. Overmatched, empress falls.

4.    Qartheen debt. Brutal warlocks garotte lady.

5.    Qyburn’s dungeons. Butchered, woken, ghastly looking.

6.    Daggers underestimated, gets killer infection, throne's overarching end.

7.    Olenna poisons fabulous dinner.  Dany, "yummy!"

You all told me the letters were tough. I think this round is not as strong as the other rounds have been, and the blame lies in those letters. So tell me if I need to scrap those Jon Snow ones!

Voting deadline is Friday, July 19th, at 11:00 pm EST.

The game is wide open!

Archived