Acrophobia 35B: Death Comes As The End, Final Round Voting!!

Fragile Bird

18 minutes ago, Emmit said:

The weekend comes and kills Acrophobia.  :(

Not the weekend, the heat, and my a/c is still broken. I thought I'd get stuff up last night, but my house was just too hot and I can't do it on the phone.

ROUND SIX, PART B - RESULTS FOR DAENERYS TARGARYEN

Poor Dany's gonna die.

1.    Euron wields navy? Kind of ... er ... forgot. Count Balerion: 1+1+1+1+1+1=6

2.    Queen Dany butchered with gruesome latte. honeyed chicken: 1+1+3+2+2+2=11

3.    Entering Westeros, nobody kneels. Overmatched, empress falls. Emmit: 1+1+3+3+1+1=10+2=12*

4.    Qartheen debt. Brutal warlocks garotte lady. Lady Blizzardborn: 1+1+3+3+2+1=11+2=13*

5.    Qyburn’s dungeons. Butchered, woken, ghastly looking. RhaenysBee: 1+1+3+2+2=9

6.    Daggers underestimated, gets killer infection, throne's overarching end. Dolorous Gabe: 1+1+2+1=5

7.    Olenna poisons fabulous dinner.  Dany, "yummy!" Howlin' Howland: 1+1+3+3+2=10+2=12

Standings

1st.   Howlin' Howland   62+12 = 74*

2nd.  Emmit   60+12 = 72*

3rd.   Dolorous Gabe   55+5 = 60

4th.   RhaenysBee   49+9 = 58

5th.   honeyed chicken  30+11 = 41

6th.   Lady Blizzardborn  26+13 = 39*

7th.   Count Balerion  27+6 = 33

8th.   Castellan  9+1 = 10

We had a dead heat for first this round, so our three players with 2 first place votes each got two points, Howlin' Howland, Emmit and Lady Blizzardborn. The standings didn't change much, except for Lady B moving up a rank. Folks, you have to host a game just for the pleasure of seeing how many wonderful entries Lady B always comes up with! Good entries from the rest of the crew as well!

Jon Snow meets with some very interesting ways to die - this horse race is going to be pretty exciting at the finish line!

ROUND SEVEN, PART B - JON SNOW AEGON TARGARYEN

How would you deal with the bastard Mr. Snow?

1.    Snow crushed under rushing Sam, carrying books.

2.    Succumbs crying. Unsullied revenge: stabbing, charring, bricking.

3.    Emergent madness.  Summerhall . . . aha!!!  Wildfire drinking . . . inflammable???  Mishap.

4.    Southern citrus unusually rare; scurvy curses bastard.

5.    Noseless buddy extinguishes dragon's fire.

6.    Emilia murderously stole award with deadly instant message.

7.    Squishers come uproariously rampaging - stoned crow bastard!

Ok guys, go get em! But don't rush your vote, think about the choices! There are some very nice entries here!

I will say Friday, July 26th is the deadline for voting, but if all the usual suspects vote before Friday I will post earlier. The week is supposed to be cooler, and I'll call the a/c repair guys!

1st)  5.    Noseless buddy extinguishes dragon's fire.

2nd)  3.    Emergent madness.  Summerhall . . . aha!!!  Wildfire drinking . . . inflammable???  Mishap.

3rd)  4.    Southern citrus unusually rare; scurvy curses bastard.

eta: sorry, changed my vote for 3rd.

1. 4.    Southern citrus unusually rare; scurvy curses bastard.

2. 7.    Squishers come uproariously rampaging - stoned crow bastard!

3. 3.    Emergent madness.  Summerhall . . . aha!!!  Wildfire drinking . . . inflammable???  Mishap.

22 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Folks, you have to host a game just for the pleasure of seeing how many wonderful entries Lady B always comes up with! Good entries from the rest of the crew as well!

I was going to maybe volunteer to host the next one (I've got a dragon-ton of ideas for themes and rounds!) but now I'm reconsidering as I might prefer to bask in the praise of my fellow Acrophobics. :D

9 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

I was going to maybe volunteer to host the next one (I've got a dragon-ton of ideas for themes and rounds!) but now I'm reconsidering as I might prefer to bask in the praise of my fellow Acrophobics. :D

And if you don't host, I'd volunteer to do it again. We seem to be on a pretty good roll as a group.

I want to throw out to you a bonus round on the topic of the Death of Jon Snow, while we wait for results for this game and the new game, hosted by whomever, to begin.

It’s a bit different, so I didn’t want to freak you out in the final round. :) 

BONUS ROUND - No Jon Snow

What If Rhaegar never ran off with Lyanna? There would be no Jon Snow, right? Effectively we’d kill off Jon Snow, right? That doesn’t mean there’d be no war in Westeros, Aegon was still mad as mad could be, there’d probably be some other trigger to bring on an uprising.

At first I thought of asking you to name another bride and describe their son with the letters I’d provide, but other than Cersei we really don’t know of any other prospective wives, do we?

So instead, I am going to ask you why Rhaegar never married Lyanna. And to make this really easy, there will be no letters! Using 5, 6, 7 or 8 words, explain why Rhaegar and Lyanna broke up. Be funny. Be rude. Be clever! I’ll post the results and we can vote, or giggle, or something. 

Lol, that is, if any of you respond...

59 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

BONUS ROUND - No Jon Snow

What If Rhaegar never ran off with Lyanna? There would be no Jon Snow, right? Effectively we’d kill off Jon Snow, right? That doesn’t mean there’d be no war in Westeros, Aegon was still mad as mad could be, there’d probably be some other trigger to bring on an uprising.

At first I thought of asking you to name another bride and describe their son with the letters I’d provide, but other than Cersei we really don’t know of any other prospective wives, do we?

So instead, I am going to ask you why Rhaegar never married Lyanna. And to make this really easy, there will be no letters! Using 5, 6, 7 or 8 words, explain why Rhaegar and Lyanna broke up. Be funny. Be rude. Be clever! I’ll post the results and we can vote, or giggle, or something. 

Lol, that is, if any of you respond...

This sounds like a nice idea. Only, nothing comes to my mind that’s even remotely publicly shareable. Maybe tomorrow. 

Archived