Acrophobia 35B: Death Comes As The End, Final Round Voting!!

Fragile Bird

PART B BEGINS!

Round 1 - White Walker defeat

We begin on a different note, not an individual but a threat. How do our heroes defeat the icy ones who want to bring winter all the way down to King's Landing, or even Dorne, and turn the dead into their army? We all know that the legend is real, and Winter is coming has layers of meaning.

In GoT:

Spoiler

GoT has The Night King, a character not in ASoIaF so far, if ever, to appear. The death of the NK wipes out the wights and the other WW. In case you have not seen the show, I won't spoil who the killer is, though you probably know. Hard to avoid, right?

I will give an extra-long set of letters, in case you want to really get into it, but extra-long letters can be unworkable.

Your letters.

dgnank (yes, the very first set generated gave nk)

bjfapte

obmuwtsc

udamtdtbf

Remember, you can do books or television.

Deadline for entries will Thursday, June 13, at 10:00 pm EST.  Right now it's about 5:15 pm, so you can check the time difference against the posted time here. 

Welcome back!

On 6/9/2019 at 5:19 PM, Fragile Bird said:

PART B BEGINS!

Round 1 - White Walker defeat

We begin on a different note, not an individual but a threat. How do our heroes defeat the icy ones who want to bring winter all the way down to King's Landing, or even Dorne, and turn the dead into their army? We all know that the legend is real, and Winter is coming has layers of meaning.

In GoT:

Reveal hidden contents

GoT has The Night King, a character not in ASoIaF so far, if ever, to appear. The death of the NK wipes out the wights and the other WW. In case you have not seen the show, I won't spoil who the killer is, though you probably know. Hard to avoid, right?

I will give an extra-long set of letters, in case you want to really get into it, but extra-long letters can be unworkable.

Your letters.

dgnank (yes, the very first set generated gave nk)

bjfapte

obmuwtsc

udamtdtbf

Remember, you can do books or television.

Deadline for entries will Thursday, June 13, at 10:00 pm EST.  Right now it's about 5:15 pm, so you can check the time difference against the posted time here. 

Welcome back!

Oh man! This is one heck of a challenge!!!

2 hours ago, Jez Bell said:

Ooh, just got back from Toronto. Am I too late for this round?  

Using Thursday as a deadline was meant to see how many would respond. I really appreciate the 3 answers I have so far, but I guess I need to extend the deadline.

I was trying for Thursday with plans to extend to Friday,but maybe I will extend to Monday night instead.

I have an important conference to attend in Chicago this weekend* and won't be back until Monday.

So, new deadline is Monday, June 17 at 11:00 pm EST. 

*Pokemon GoFest.....

I was getting kind of worried about responses so maybe I went into panic mode too early!

Do you folks want until Monday? I could say Friday night instead, but at this point I’m pretty relaxed. So far it looks like there will be at least 5 entries. And you guys have really risen to the challenge!

23 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

I was getting kind of worried about responses so maybe I went into panic mode too early!

Do you folks want until Monday? I could say Friday night instead, but at this point I’m pretty relaxed. So far it looks like there will be at least 5 entries. And you guys have really risen to the challenge!

Settling down to work mine up right now, so tonight is fine with me!

eta: done and sent!

SWMBO is on a long road trip with her niece, so she won’t be playing, and rocksniffer is helping out of town family, so I think we probably have all the entries we’re going to get. 

If there is someone out there who needs the Monday night deadline, speak now or else I will likely post tonight.

Just a warning folks - I think every entries got better and better as they came in! 

ROUND ONE, PART B - WHITE WALKERS

How will the icy scourge be beaten?

1.   Obliterated by molten-underwear-wielding tyrant, Santa Claus.

2.    Undead's doom?  Arsonist Mormonts, trebuchets, dragons triumphantly breathing fire!

3.   Obviously, build massive unbreachable wall to stop crossing.

4.   "Dolorous" guardian nonchalantly assassinates Night's King!

5.    Dracarys!

(affirmed: grilling naturally annihilates Night King). 

6.    Dragonglass Needles alarmed Night King.

I guess I should say vote for 2, since there are only six, but what the hell,vote for 3. :p The group is small but mighty!

Deadline will be Wednesday, June 19, by 10:00 pm EST.

ps: can you hold off voting for a while, I may have posted a wrong entry, leaving it up for now in case it is the right one.

ps2: Right entry, all is well!

Archived