Acrophobia 35B: Death Comes As The End, Final Round Voting!!

Fragile Bird

19 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Sorry, between snowstorms and spending long hours in hospitals (a family member has found out that they have a serious medical issue) I haven’t done anything.

But, if you want to help shape the list, send in two names you’d lie to see in my list! Many of you have not sent me your email yet, so do this at the same time. :)

...pay no attention to me i was being a smart ass...

I have to say that making my list has been a brutal task. There are so many names. And some names I decided to reject because I think they will survive, though of course many of the names on this list might make it. I imagine, for example, Samwell Tarly is the author of The Song of Ice and Fire. :)

PART A

ROUND 1 - BRIENNE OF TARTH

We have to start somewhere, don't we? Book Brienne was in a tough spot. Show Brienne is in a totally different place. She does seem to be doomed, though, doesn't she? How will she see the end of the Game?

I will offer you three choices of letters. Just for something different, each round will include a choice lifted from a classic board game that will start with "In the..."

tsadfud

ritfgcob

In the grslp

Deadline will be 5 full days: Thursday, March 7, midnight EST.

ETA: Book Brienne was captured by the BwB and Lady Stoneheart, and the last we saw of her she lured Jaime Lannister away to 'rescue' Sansa.

Show Brienne

Spoiler

There is no Lady Stoneheart, Brienne is united with Sansa, and Jon Snow asks Sansa to go to King's Landing with him to present proof about White Walkers to the court. Sansa refuses and sends Brienne to represent her.

Someone has asked me if the death has to relate to where the character is in the show. It does not - the final season has triggered this game. The death can relate to what you imagine arising out of the books so far. 

But...I can see that since the show has outstripped the books, I can add a comment about Brienne and make sure I comment about the characters as they come up.

Beware, then there may be spoilers! Please post here if you do not want spoilers and only want to use inspiration from the books. Since I assume some of you have not seen all of the show, we can go book only if you want.

ETA: ok, I decided to add show comments in spoilers. I really suspect that where the person is will not really affect how you think they will meet their death, though.

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

Dolorous Gabe

Oh of course I will play, I just tend to wait for the first assignment to come up.

I don't think the style of entry will suit me but I will try my best as always.

ok i am a little slow on the uptake...do i use the "in the" as part of the acro or do i use it as words in the phrase...as example - in the green river sipping liquor passionately...

The Count has it exactly!

In the game Clue, you get a card designating how people die. "In the library with a pipe wrench". I think you actually draw two cards, one with the place and one with the weapon.

And of course, you draw to find out who the murder victim is.

21 minutes ago, honeyed chicken said:

Ooops! So much going on since we got back from our San Diego trip, I forgot to check in here. I'll send along an entry in a minute or two. :) Hope there's still time!

...now that i am old traveling is like getting drunk...the comehome hangover is a bitch...unpacking, finding that you left favorite underwear on the beach...discovering that in just a week or two genetically-modified, mutant dandelions have taken over the yard and of course that you forgot the several pieces of fish you thawed in fridge to take with you ...

...oh the joys of travel...

:smoking:

15 minutes ago, rocksniffer said:

...now that i am old traveling is like getting drunk...the comehome hangover is a bitch...unpacking, finding that you left favorite underwear on the beach...discovering that in just a week or two genetically-modified, mutant dandelions have taken over the yard and of course that you forgot the several pieces of fish you thawed in fridge to take with you ...

...oh the joys of travel...

:smoking:

My "comehome hangover" (nice phrase, btw. Yours?) was more prosaic. Lots of pictures to sort, laundry to catch up on, plants to water, birds to feed, emails to catch up on, resume work schedule, yada yada.

ROUND 1 VOTING:   Brienne of Tarth

How does death come to the Maid of Tarth? Vote for 3 choices. I sincerely hope we get another response or two, once people see things are in motion!

1,  Tormund's sword altered disposition.  Frosty undead decapitated.

2,   Reanimated ice troopers foray. Gallantry comparable opposite Boromir.

3.   Trying swords against dragons fails unto death.

4.   In the Godswood, rudely skewered, liver perforated.

5.   Run-down in throne fights, getting colds on battlefields.

6.   Righteously in the final glorious conflict, outrageously brave.

7.   Trial!  Stoneheart always demands fighting until death.

8.   That Stupid Arya's Dagger Fileted Ugly Dame.

Hey! More than I realized!

Five full days again - votes are due by Wednesday, March 13, 11:00 pm. I fell asleep before midnight last night.

Gee, my dad's birthday, Thinking of you always, dad. <3

eta: my dad passed away in 1997, and it only seems like a few years ago.

Archived