Acrophobia 35B: Death Comes As The End, Final Round Voting!!

Fragile Bird

Few entries, but strong!

1st) 1.   Obliterated by molten-underwear-wielding tyrant, Santa Claus.

2nd) 4.   "Dolorous" guardian nonchalantly assassinates Night's King!

3rd) 2.    Undead's doom?  Arsonist Mormonts, trebuchets, dragons triumphantly breathing fire!

Cersei . . .her GOT death was such a fizzle. I'm sure we can do better! :)

I should have used today as the deadline, not Monday. I thought I would get home Monday night from Pokemon Go Fest in Chicago and put up the results and the next round, but I walked for hours Saturday evening, then basically a marathon on Sunday, and for hours more on Monday since we had hours to kill before our flight home. I walk a lot, but not that much, and I hurt all over. And we didn't even think about sunblock because it had been cloudy, foggy, and rainy all weekend. The sun came out for about an hour. But you can still get burned on a cloudy day! :) 

Results and the next round will go up later tonight. Love your entries! Also, Castellan, it's not too late to enter....

13 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I’m totally confused, wasnt the deadline Wednesday 10pm EST to begin with? We’re adding another day to that? 

The deadline was Monday, and then on Tuesday I explained I had been too beat to post so I would do it Tuesday, but some people had issues so I moved it to tonight. We have such a small group this time around I'd like to have all entries in. I do have all entries now, so all will be posted tonight, results, new entries and the next round. :)

1 hour ago, Howlin' Howland said:

The deadline was Wednesday.

I must be losing my mind in my old age, lol.

eta:  Round 1 deadline was extended to June 17, but since everyone who was going to play was really prompt, I posted your entries. I was still thinking the 17th. :)

ROUND ONE, PART B - RESULTS FOR WHITE WALKERS

How will the icy scourge be beaten?

1.   Obliterated by molten-underwear-wielding tyrant, Santa Claus. Count Balerion: 1+1+3=5

2.    Undead's doom?  Arsonist Mormonts, trebuchets, dragons triumphantly breathing fire! Howlin' Howland: 1+1+3+3+2+1+1=12+2=14*

3.   Obviously, build massive unbreachable wall to stop crossing. Emmit: 1+1+3+2+1=8

4.   "Dolorous" guardian nonchalantly assassinates Night's King! Dolorous Gabe: 1+1+3+3+2+2+1+1=14+2=16*

5.    Dracarys!

(affirmed: grilling naturally annihilates Night King). RhaenysBee: 1+1+2+2+2+1=9

6.    Dragonglass Needles alarmed Night King. honeyed chicken: 1+1+3+1=6

Standings

1st.   Dolorous Gabe  16

2nd.  Howlin' Howland  14

3rd.   RhaenysBee  9

4th.   Emmit  8

5th.   honeyed chicken  6

6th.   Count Balerion  5

7th.   Castellan  2

We had some very nice entries to start with, and yes,everyone was in time with no extension needed! Dolorous Gabe and Howlin' Howlandl share the points for most 1st place votes, but Gabe edged out Howlin' for first place by dint of an extra second place vote. RhaenysBee shows up a strong third, but everyone else is in striking distance, it's only Round 1! And thank you for voting, Castellan!

ROUND TWO, PART B - CERSEI LANNISTER

Oh, Cersei!

1.   In the dungeons, burning. Horrible dragonfyre immolation.

2.   Evidence names the Kingslayer? Faceless shadow warrior!

3.   In the dumpster. Bankrupt, homeless. Daenerys laughs. 

4.   In the damned brother's hand death lies.

5.   In the dinette, burnt haggis. Dragon lunch!   

6.   Envenomed Needle. Toxic kiss from she wolf.

Vote for three of these great entries! Deadline will be Monday, June 24th at 10:00 pm.

*Makes note of deadline...

ROUND 3, PART B - SANDOR CLEGANE

Here's a challenge you might want to think about. We all figured long ago that Sandor would kill his brother and probably die in the fight. Should I really use Sandor as one of the characters? Come up with an alternate death! Or...survival? Cheating death?

Your letters:

hfbknm

yiutomp

psaldasw

In the bohts

I left that second set in there,in case someone gets inspired by the weird letters.

As with the voting, the deadline will be Monday, June 24,at 10:00 pm EST.

Good luck, everyone!

4 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

I must be losing my mind in my old age, lol.

eta:  Round 1 deadline was extended to June 17, but since everyone who was going to play was really prompt, I posted your entries. I was still thinking the 17th. :)

:lol: it’s fine, everything’s clear now. Thanks for the results!

Archived