Jump to content
Fragile Bird

Acrophobia 35B: Death Comes As The End, Round 1 begins!

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

ROUND TWO, PART A, RESULTS for BRONN

1.  Bacteria, ironically. Resting homebound on Stokeworth manor. Dolorous Gabe: 1+1+3+3+3+2+2=15+4=19

2.  Furiously cunning sellsword deadpans, unluckily game overwhelms rogue. Castellan: 1+1+2+1=5

3.  Fateful Castamere song dished up germane obituary, really. Vandal: 1+1+1=3

4.  By ironborn raiders, hanged on some maple. RhaenysBee: 1+1+3+1+1+1=8

5.  In the cesspool. Kicked. "Enough lame scurrility!" Count Balerion: 1+1+3+1=6

6.  Bronn is retired happily owning Stokeworth Manor. Howlin' Howland: 1+1+2+1=5

7.  Fleabottom conceived, survives dragons. Undead garrote old rascal. honeyed chicken: 1+1+3+2=7

8.  Brothel intimates removed his organ, singing merrily. rocksniffer: 1+1+3+3+2+2+2=14

Emmit: +1 voting

Jez Bell +1 voting

 

Standings

1.  rocksniffer 15+14=29

2.  Dolorous Gabe  21

3.  Castellan  15+5=20

4.  honeyed chicken 12+7=19

5.  Count Balerion 11+6=17

6.  Howlin' Howland 11+5=16

7.  RhaenysBee 5+8=13

8.  Jez Bell 5+1=6

9. Vandal 3

10 Emmit 2

While rocksniffer turned in another fantastic entry for Bronn and raced ahead at the top, Dolorous Gabe took off the gloves. Beware, when DG takes off the gloves! He leapfrogged up to 2nd place and took the top votes points, not the pitter-patter of little feet behind the 'sniffer but a galloping steed! Castellan held on to 3rd with a tight group clustered behind in striking distance! This was a great example of how a clever entry can change the standings in a big way!

And we welcomed a new Acrophobiac in Vandal and welcomed back a stalwart founder, Emmit!

Some people didn't get entries in this round or in the next, largely because of that old problem, staring at the letters and being unable to unscramble them. Take heart, we all go through that at times. Keep the faith and carry on!

Edited by Fragile Bird

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm a little slow because I am still out of practice! My apologies for name errors. :blushing:  :dunce:

For as long as I can remember I've wanted to call Howlin' Howard instead of Howland. (Maybe you'd consider changing your name.... :lol:  ) And those tricky upper and lower case names, and spaces. *sighs*

So hang in, Round 3 is coming as well as Round 4 letters and character.

ps always check the host's addition, we make mistakes!

Edited by Fragile Bird

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

ROUND THREE - DAVOS SEAWORTH

How will the very popular sailor meet his maker? 

1.  Death by concerted nibbling: hero was incrementally reduced.

2.  Down below! Catacombs nowadays hive wights. Irrefutable ruin. 

3.  Despite being consistently noble he'll wither in flames.

4.  In the aftermath, lighting Melisandre's fate, welcoming death

5.  Nefariously keelhauled...the Kraken beheld it eagerly!

6.  In the artistic limbo. Makers forgot who's Davos.

7.  Davos? Burned crispy now. Heathen witch invoked R'hllor.

8.  Death by cauldron.  Nice hot wash, indeed!  Ruh-oh.

 

Vote for your 3 favs! I hope more might come in, but... Deadline is Sunday, March 24 at 11:00 pm EST.

Edited by Fragile Bird

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Davos:

  1. (1)
  2. (7)
  3. (5)

Fantastic entries again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ROUND FOUR PART A - RICKON STARK

Poor little, lonely Rickon, split off for his own safety to, wtf, Skagos, to live alongside cannibals and unicorns. And. Just. Gone. It seems appropriate to add him after Davos. Will Davos reach Skagos only to find it was a wasted trip? Or does he bring Rickon back to die...how...the way his namesake did?

In the tv series

Spoiler

We see Rickon die. It's a stupid, useless death, and it pissed off fans around the world. Please, give Rickon a better death, or a funnier death. You guys write better than the HBO writers (I don't think GRRM wrote that episode, did he?)

Once again I'll give 3 sets of letters plus the 'in the' letters.

avsswt

gmbsetb

ujknrmdc

In the bsbacu

As stated above, the deadline is Sunday, March 24 at 11:00 pm EST.

Good luck everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Davos,

1. 1

2. 2

3. 3

 

Hmm, that looks like I didn't try, but 1, 2, and 3 are really, 1, 2, and 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

ROUND TWO, PART A, RESULTS for BRONN

1.  Bacteria, ironically. Resting homebound on Stokeworth manor. Dolorous Gabe: 1+1+3+3+3+2+2=15+4=19

2.  Furiously cunning sellsword deadpans, unluckily game overwhelms rogue. Castellan: 1+1+2+1=5

3.  Fateful Castamere song dished up germane obituary, really. Vandal: 1+1+1=3

4.  By ironborn raiders, hanged on some maple. RhaenysBee: 1+1+3+1+1+1=8

5.  In the cesspool. Kicked. "Enough lame scurrility!" Count Balerion: 1+1+3+1=6

6.  Bronn is retired happily owning Stokeworth Manor. Howlin' Howland: 1+1+2+1=5

7.  Fleabottom conceived, survives dragons. Undead garrote old rascal. honeyed chicken: 1+1+3+2=7

8.  Brothel intimates removed his organ, singing merrily. rocksniffer: 1+1+3+3+2+2+2=14

Emmit: +1 voting

Jez Bell +1 voting

 

Standings

1.  rocksniffer 15+14=29

2.  Dolorous Gabe  21

3.  Castellan  15+5=20

4.  honeyed chicken 12+7=19

5.  Count Balerion 11+6=17

6.  Howlin' Howland 11+5=16

7.  RhaenysBee 5+8=13

8.  Jez Bell 5+1=6

9. Vandal 3

10 Emmit 2

While rocksniffer turned in another fantastic entry for Bronn and raced ahead at the top, Dolorous Gabe took off the gloves. Beware, when DG takes off the gloves! He leapfrogged up to 2nd place and took the top votes points, not the pitter-patter of little feet behind the 'sniffer but a galloping steed! Castellan held on to 3rd with a tight group clustered behind in striking distance! This was a great example of how a clever entry can change the standings in a big way!

And we welcomed a new Acrophobiac in Vandal and welcomed back a stalwart founder, Emmit!

Some people didn't get entries in this round or in the next, largely because of that old problem, staring at the letters and being unable to unscramble them. Take heart, we all go through that at times. Keep the faith and carry on!

Man! I'm sorry I couldn't get in on the voting for these. I thought I had a pretty strong entry, but you guys blew me away. great round everybody.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First) 3.  Despite being consistently noble he'll wither in flames.

Second) 6.  In the artistic limbo. Makers forgot who's Davos.

Third) 4.  In the aftermath, lighting Melisandre's fate, welcoming death
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

 

In the bsbacu

 

For the "In the" letters is it the words "In the" or is it the letters inthe?  ie.  would my entry start "In the barbecue someone . . . " or would it start "Inside nightmares the hellscape . . ."?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Howlin' Howland said:

For the "In the" letters is it the words "In the" or is it the letters inthe?  ie.  would my entry start "In the barbecue someone . . . " or would it start "Inside nightmares the hellscape . . ."?

In the barbecue!

:o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) 5.  Nefariously keelhauled...the Kraken beheld it eagerly!

2) 8.  Death by cauldron.  Nice hot wash, indeed!  Ruh-oh.

3) 7.  Davos? Burned crispy now. Heathen witch invoked R'hllor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am still waiting for a couple of entries to come in, so I will wait another 24 hours.

I know Sunday nights can be difficult, and I suspect I should have made it Monday night to begin with.

Also, as an update, I had a very intense three days myself. I had mentioned hospital visits...on Thursday my brother had a massive surgery to repair an aneurysm on his aorta, behind his stomach. It was caught by a smart doctor who ordered a full body ultra sound instead of just on his leg, where he had pain. It was dangerously large, and he could have died after shoveling snow any time this winter. The surgery went very well, thank God and an awesome vascular surgeon. He’ll be home some time this week.

For any of you Americans who have heard bad stuff about ‘socialized medicine’ and ‘death squads’ in Canada, from getting the news to surgery was four weeks. And we haven’t paid a cent. And one of the top surgeons in this province did the operation. That = one of the top surgeons in Canada.

My brother is so grateful to be alive, and so grateful for our medical system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I am still waiting for a couple of entries to come in, so I will wait another 24 hours.

I know Sunday nights can be difficult, and I suspect I should have made it Monday night to begin with.

Also, as an update, I had a very intense three days myself. I had mentioned hospital visits...on Thursday my brother had a massive surgery to repair an aneurysm on his aorta, behind his stomach. It was caught by a smart doctor who ordered a full body ultra sound instead of just on his leg, where he had pain. It was dangerously large, and he could have died after shoveling snow any time this winter. The surgery went very well, thank God and an awesome vascular surgeon. He’ll be home some time this week.

For any of you Americans who have heard bad stuff about ‘socialized medicine’ and ‘death squads’ in Canada, from getting the news to surgery was four weeks. And we haven’t paid a cent. And one of the top surgeons in this province did the operation. That = one of the top surgeons in Canada.

My brother is so grateful to be alive, and so grateful for our medical system.

Believe me, we down here in the states (those of us not getting our "news" from Fox) are jealous of you. I had a great doc a while back, but he got fed up with the bs from the business end of the practice he was working for, and he moved to Canada to focus on medicine instead of profits.

Very glad your brother was saved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

My brother is so grateful to be alive, and so grateful for our medical system.

I'm so happy to hear that your brother is doing well.  Prayers go a long way, but nothing beats proper healthcare :) 

When I had my first child in Hong Kong, I had an emergency C-section.  My daughter are I were in the hospital for 8 days, including 5 days in the ICU for her.  We paid a total of HKD458 (approx USD50) and that was only because they had prepared an epidural for me.  On the other hand, while I was pregnant with the same child, we lived in Connecticut and I paid $400 for every pre-natal visit.

Now, here in the UK, we don't even pay for prescription meds.  It still freaks me out every time.  The Canadian in me always asks the pharmacist if he's sure I don't need to pay anything. :blush:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×