The Marquis de Leech

LOTR prequel TV series 2.0

3 hours ago, Krishtotter said:

This was anticipated a while ago. In fact, there's some signs they actually sent out some filming crews back in November to do some shooting (probably background plates) so technically the series started production before the 30 November cut-off date, at which point the rights would have reverted to the Tolkien Estate.

Still quite bonkers that the earliest air date for this looks like late and possibly very late 2021.

Unsurprisingly, filming has been suspended.

However, there seems to be more optimism that filming can be remounted. New Zealand has a tiny number of cases (10, 2 of which have fully recovered and no deaths) and has imposed strict controls on people entering the country. Presuming that the actors and crew don't leave, they can reassess in two weeks time and resume filming if things look good.

8 hours ago, Werthead said:

However, there seems to be more optimism that filming can be remounted. New Zealand has a tiny number of cases (10, 2 of which have fully recovered and no deaths) and has imposed strict controls on people entering the country. Presuming that the actors and crew don't leave, they can reassess in two weeks time and resume filming if things look good.

I think if I was in New Zealand I wouldn't be in any hurry to leave at the moment.