Netflix's The OA: Part II

AncalagonTheBlack

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

I didn't have the time to do a S1 rewatch and am thinking of starting S2 later today.Anyone remember what happened in the final episode of S1? Any important plot points that i need to remember?

OA's group performed the movements that the OA taught them (allegedly learned from Hap's experiments of drowning and then reviving her and the others he kidnapped, but OA's entire story is called into question at several points in the series) to try and stop a school shooter. He was distracted by it, someone tried to wrestle the gun from him, and a single shot was fired through a window of the school cafeteria and ended up hitting OA, who was also doing the movements. She's taken away in an ambulance, they hear a sound and they say something is happening, and then the OA wakes up in a bright room.

Also, Hap murdered the town sheriff and his wife after she revealed the final movement, and I think he said he was going to use the movements to go to another dimension.

All in all, the series is trippy as hell. I'll be curious to see if they can hang it all together.

My wife and I watched season 1... and after enduring 10? tedious episodes we burst out laughing when those kids started gyrating and performing those quasi-seizure Napoleon Dynamite dance moves in the finale.... the shooter's reaction reminded me of Ronan the Accuser... "What are you doing?"....

Normally I can see how and why something in pop culture gains traction... but the pay-off on this show--for me-- was absurd.... 

1 hour ago, SpaceChampion said:

That

Reveal hidden contents

hentai

scene in the 4th episode tho, whoa...

I did not even open your spoiler and you made me laugh. That was my WTF? moment too. I just finished it last night and I am sooo primed for season 3.

23 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

That last few minutes is ever more wtf though.  I can see Brit Marling just wrote this thing with pure glee, even season 1.  Pure glee of "this is crazy yes let's do this!"

This is why I really hope the third season will get made, not necessarily because this one was great, or that one will be, but because I really just want to see how they are looking to pull off whatever the hell they are looking to pull off...

On 3/27/2019 at 6:52 AM, AncalagonTheBlack said:

I'm at episode 4 of the new season....at the moment watching THAT scene....wow,the craziness in this show is like a sudden knockout punch, hits when least expected.Lovin it! :D

THAT scene made it for me also.  I knew I was in good hands after that.  I am soo pumped for season 3 now.

Really loved this new season. Even better than the first, imo. Absolutely no idea where they go with that ending, but it’s been a fun ride so far. I highly recommend this show to those that like the more out there stuff like Twin Peaks and The Leftovers. 

Just finished watching it. The end was so audacious that my jaw-dropped! I actually had an inkling of it when they introduced Elodie, played by Irène Jacobs, and her remarks of the alternate life she had traveled to, but even when they started to make it explicit (Scott's talk with Roberts that he recorded) I thought, no way they're going there, this is just a nod...

But obviously I underestimated Brit Marling and Zal Batmanglij, because they totally went there. Wow!

It's not a perfect show, but it's fearlessly devoted to the vision of the creators, and I think that has to be admired. Comparing it to Twin Peaks is, I think, very fair, although by the sounds of this  Jason Isaacs interview it is far more thought out than Twin Peaks ever was.

Archived