Netflix's The OA: Part II

AncalagonTheBlack

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Alarich II said:

It's disappointing and frankly, after this finale, I tought that they had season 3 already planned and ready to kick off. I mean, I get the business decision, but why end with such a massive cliff hanger?

Because Netflix doesn't care. Marling and Batmanglij were pretty clearly blindsided, I think. Or maybe they weren't blindsided but just stuck to their guns of structuring for five seasons and didn't want to compromise the story to make it possible to easily close it quicker.

Sadly, a wrap-up movie is off the table after discussions fell through earlier this week. So it goes. 

On 8/7/2019 at 4:04 AM, red snow said:

On an OA related question though - would it be worth trying the show knowing it ends with season 2? I'm not too encourage if the show ends with no sense of resolution but if it's a great show I'll at least give it a go. Who knows, an uptick in watches might tempt them to offer an olive branch of a movie-length finale like they did with Sense8?

If you can be satisfied with the journey and like weird story telling, it's a wonderful show.  

Archived