UK Politics: Time Marches On

mormont

45 minutes ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

I say we change our national anthem to God Save The Queen - the Sex Pistols version

Bah. It'd be far more appropriate to have Anarchy in the UK.

I am an anti-Christ
I am an anarchist
Don't know what I want
But I know how to get it
I want to destroy the passerby
'Cause I want to be anarchy
No dogs body
Anarchy for the U.K.

L'en puet fere et defere

Ceo fait il trop sovent

It his nouther wel ne faire

Therfore England is shent

Nostre prince de Engleterre

Par le consail de sa gent

At Westminster after the feire 

Made a gret parlement

La Chatere fet de cyre

It was hold to neih the fire

And is molten al awey.

6 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

The British people elected that clown show to parliament. And they voted for this mess in the first place. Can you put your faith in them to make the wise choice?

The thing is Cameron didn't really want a referendum it was his unexpectedly winning a majority that messed everything up. I can't speak for nationally but certainly near me it seems like the appitite for Brexit is almost non existent, but I live in a very pro remain area, overall though, the withdrawal has been such a mess and the margin of the leave win was narrow enough the first time around I Could see Remain winning if there is another vote, if parliament keeps going around in circles like it has been surely they will have no choice but to go to the people again.

Personally I hope they go to the people for another referendum rather than a GE, as I don't think the numbers would change much if there were a GE at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Mexal said:

So I take it this isn't the ideal time to move to London?

As a migrant religious minority? Probably not.

Also, if you guys need a new anthem, use the song the band was playing on the deck of the Titanic as it sank, because that’s what’s happening to the U.K.

3 hours ago, mormont said:

A number of MPs abstained, including some government ministers. Those ministers are now refusing to resign, claiming that abstaining is not the same as opposing the government, and the government does not appear to be keen to pressure them to resign.

Not to mention some who are unable to attend, usually with more who will abstain as a "swap"

7 hours ago, Heartofice said:

There is talk of a push for indicative votes on what there might be a hunger for, more than likely the softer form of Brexit that Labour have talked about, in riddles.. (hint, there is no such thing as Soft Brexit, you stay in the Customs Union and single market and you didn't do Brexit

Don't forget, the bolded is 100% lying.

Absolutely untrue.

It is quite literally arguing that blackness is actually bright white.

You keep repeating it, and you keep being called out as a liar who lies.

So 2 votes so far tonight already.

Barely anyone voted for a second referendum right now , 330-odd Vs 84 with labor abstaining.

Putting a date of June 30 on any extension got very close, but lost by 3 (how the hell was it that close?)

Next up is Benn's amendment to allow parliament to control the debate and try to reach a consensus, rather than the government alotting time.

So, over the past 3 days, Parliament has voted against the WA, against No Deal, against a second referendum, against extending A 50 to 30th June, and against giving MPs the right to decide the order of business.

So, we are no clearer to learning what Parliament wants.

4 minutes ago, SeanF said:

So, over the past 3 days, Parliament has voted against the WA, against No Deal, against a second referendum, against extending A 50 to 30th June, and against giving MPs the right to decide the order of business.

So, we are no clearer to learning what Parliament wants.

I still think they'd get a fairly comfortable majority on a soft Brexit. They're just allowed to vote on it.

1 minute ago, Which Tyler said:

I still think they'd get a fairly comfortable majority on a soft Brexit. They're just allowed to vote on it.

Even a soft Brexit would require the WA to be voted through.

Conversely, passing the WA does not do anything to prevent a soft Brexit.

On 3/13/2019 at 12:15 AM, Spockydog said:

Today was a great day for Britain. Brexit is dead.

The house will vote against No Deal tomorrow.

Then May has no choice but to call an election and resign.

And if it comes to another referendum there is no way Leave will win. We know what Brexit looks like now. There will be no unicorns. Bozza and JRM and Farage will not be able to make the same wild promises as before.

To go back about today being the more important day wrt votes about Brexit than Tuesday.

So you still think Brexit is dead?

9 minutes ago, Pebble said:

So we do want an extension just not the June extension.   

Hum? Are you sure about that? I thought that one passed.

Anyway, let's wait and see what happens next week with May's deal.

24 minutes ago, Pebble said:

So we do want an extension just not the June extension.  

So the Question is,  a shorter extension or a longer one?

Wouldn't think that the EU will accept an extension of a mere handful of months.

Archived