Summerhall is central to the series

Ida Hearst

28 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Yes, it’s been confirmed. 

GRRM (reportedly) said "eventually all will be revealed in time" in response to a leading question rudely and inappropriately asked during a busy book signing.  This, plus a heavy does of confirmation bias, led those who already believed it to say it was confirmed.  

Moral:  Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

43 minutes ago, Alexis-something-Rose said:

For me, there's a clear connection between Summerhall and Drogo's funeral pyre. But I was wondering if anyone has ever given thought to a connection existing between Summerhall, Drogo's funeral pyre and what might happen at the Wall with Jon. 

What about the potential of what might have happened at KL if Aerys's wildfire was ignited? 

I've always liked the idea of Summerhall being the trigger for the Others' invasion. It's the most recent major magical event that makes sense. Additionally, I actually think it's likely that Rhaegar had plausible reason to believe that he was The Prince Who was Promised. Whatever the details of the events at Summerhall, I do think Rhaegar was on the right track in terms of understanding the impending threat. It's likely, at least from my perspective, that whatever happened did set in motion the chain of events in the far north, and it seems that Rhaegar had pertinent information therein that he was acting on. 

• 3 weeks later...

Summerhall burned to illustrate how unstable the Targaryen reign is. Everything one ruler builds, another destroys, repeat ad nauseum. This isn't normal. You're not supposed to build something as a celebration of an alliance in good-faith, and then have it be destroyed a few generations later. As a House, they're responsible for making things last for future generations, and they're not able to do it. They can't even preserve a palace. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived