R+L=J v.166

SFDanny

1 minute ago, corbon said:

The haters are just more bitter than ever. ;)

I mean this with all due respect.

I don't mean to start trouble or anything, but I thought that everyone kinda takes R + L = J for granted. It's so basic as to be uninteresting to me. Isn't having R + L = J threads like the ones we had several years ago kinda redundant at this point?

51 minutes ago, Goro said:

I don't mean to start trouble or anything, but I thought that everyone kinda takes R + L = J for granted.

No, not everyone does. People refuse to accept it for a variety of reasons it seems.

51 minutes ago, Goro said:

It's so basic as to be uninteresting to me. Isn't having R + L = J threads like the ones we had several years ago kinda redundant at this point?

Well, threads used to get locked at 20 pages. This one is on page 31 and is over a year old. Aside from the odd flare up like the recent argument over polygamy, its mostly relatively stagnant.  Make of that what you will.

But the truth is, whats interesting and whats redundant is an individual thing. And there are new people coming here all the time, with varying level of background knowledge. This is probably the one topic most likely to have brought them here I'd guess. Its what took me online to the TotH and then here, more than 10 years ago. The first time I read the first 3 books I didn't even notice or care about Jon's origins, too busy devouring the general story. Only re-reading before the publication of aFfC did I even 'see' it as a thing, figure it out and then go online to get some confirmation and learn more.

Archived