Would you rather Cersei die as a villain or redeemed?

Kaguya

Cersei plays the game of thrones and to quote her: "If you play the game of thrones, you either win or die".

Cersei will die, for sure. I don't see a point to assign "villain" to her. She is smart, she likes her intrigues, she is ruthless, she loved her children, she will do everything to win the game of thrones. And she will lose, Does all this makes her a villain? I don't thinks so.

What I like so much about "Game of Thrones" is that characters are NOT black or white, are NOT villain or hero. They are in-between, believable, with good and bad properties. So is Cersei. 

Having seen the newest trailer, I am pretty sure Cersei drinks poison, knowing she has lost the game of thrones. 

I will hate if cersei was redeem... it is not her! I think she will be like a lady macbeth character a bit madder, sloppier and a bit more drunk! That for me is the realistic conclusion in show and book of the character, not everyone need a redemptention arc and jaime already got one for the twin.

We have had 5 books and several seasons of television laying the groundwork of Cersei as a difficult, bitter character, on the side of insanity, who will do anything to improve her circumstances or those of her children.  Even if the writers want to redeem her, there is too little time to do it well.  Due to the many sins of Cersei, it is better for the story line that she die as she lived - selfish, cruel, and earning the death that she gets. 

On 3/7/2019 at 2:19 AM, 21st Century Moose said:

As a villain, unrepentant. 

I think it's going to be Euron (a little brother!) who betrays her, I can see him using the GC to sack Kings Landing, he'll kill her, then the endgame will involve getting rid of him. 

This better not happen. Euron barely has any backstory to be the one to kill Cersei 

It needs to be Jaime or Arya

I don't really think she can be redeemed.

Cersei was always a nasty piece of work. Her inability to realize her limit and unwillingness to let go of power that wasn't rightfully hers brought a lot of harm to Westeros, and then when she suddenly became extremely competent last season she used that competence to terrorize the continent and obstruct any attempt of defending it against the dead. 

I don't see how she could redeem herself from that. 

3 hours ago, Daemon of the Blacks said:

I don't really think she can be redeemed.

Cersei was always a nasty piece of work. Her inability to realize her limit and unwillingness to let go of power that wasn't rightfully hers brought a lot of harm to Westeros, and then when she suddenly became extremely competent last season she used that competence to terrorize the continent and obstruct any attempt of defending it against the dead. 

I don't see how she could redeem herself from that. 

In westeros power belongs to those who take it. It dosent rightfully belong to anyone no matter how much characters like Danys brother thought it did.

Once anyone there gains power the first they usually do is eliminate any threats and promote allies to keep themselves in power. Cersi is no different then any other ruler in that aspect.

The scene early on where she schools Little finger about power was one of my favorites. She tells the guards somethi g like take 3 steps, turn around, do the hokey pokey, now slit his throat, haha nah I changed my mind let him go. 

Archived